• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Riccarton3

• Bongo 1874

Aussie Jambo

Can’t see any other threads. So apologies if already said. 

What’s with this 55 shite? 

Sevco AKAThe Rangers won their first league and well done 👏 to “The Rangers’

RIP Glasgow Rangers 2012 with 54 league wins. 

🎣

You let your club die..🎶🎵

tenor.gif

Edited by Aussie Jambo

I don’t think Rangers fans will be arsed about a thread on the kickback about 1 title or number 55 😂😂😂😂

Aussie Jambo
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I don’t think Rangers fans will be arsed about a thread on the kickback about 1 title or number 55 😂😂😂😂

😂😂 you never know. 

But you get what  I’m saying? 

All ive seen today from my The Rangers mates is that they won 55 league titles. But we all know it’s just the one. 

They’ve been saving up their bitterness for 10 years and clearly intend to rub everyone’s noses in the number 55. The trouble is that everyone in the media gave up the ghost long ago and they are all cheerfully reporting the ‘first title in 10 years’. A complete distortion of what actually happened, of course, but what can you do except try to ignore it? The authorities tried to pretend nothing happened, and eventually they got their way.

What really pisses me off is that Sevco fans genuinely think they are the victims and that they were ‘punished’. They cheated systematically for years and suffered no punishment at all. Everything that happened to them was a consequence of going bust, not a punishment.

Edited by Doc Rob

• davemclaren changed the title to Rangers League win ( merged )

I've got mates who, 10 years ago were Rangers fans then they "didn't follow football" and now their Facebook profiles suddenly plastered with Rangers banners again... Real fans ya know 👍 

Just now, WDJ87 said:

I've got mates who, 10 years ago were Rangers fans then they "didn't follow football" and now their Facebook profiles suddenly plastered with Rangers banners again... Real fans ya know 👍 

Yep. Know of one. Soon as liquidated, no interest in Scottish football, then suddenly alive to it again, actually last season around Christmas.

The OP is a huge reminder of how we've regressed unfortunately. 

Scottish football is back to being a duopoly rather than a monopoly.

21 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

They’ve been saving up their bitterness for 10 years and clearly intend to rub everyone’s noses in the number 55. The trouble is that everyone in the media gave up the ghost long ago and they are all cheerfully reporting the ‘first title in 10 years’. A complete distortion of what actually happened, of course, but what can you do except try to ignore it? The authorities tried to pretend nothing happened, and eventually they got their way.

What really pisses me off is that Sevco fans genuinely think they are the victims and that they were ‘punished’. They cheated systematically for years and suffered no punishment at all. Everything that happened to them was a consequence of going bust, not a punishment.

Well the thing is it's not the media or the fans who compile the record books and decide these matters. It's domestic and international footballing authorities who do that. And they're all recording 55. 

Das Viertel Hearts
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah 

Nice to win the league in March 

a Image result for joanie loves chachimoment for some "Hearts" fans

19 minutes ago, Candy said:

The OP is a huge reminder of how we've regressed unfortunately. 

Scottish football is back to being a duopoly rather than a monopoly.

ooft, double hit, there. Duopoly was inevitable. When you can just start again debt free. 

And Hearts have always had ups and downs. From almost extinction early  eighties to 7 mins from League title a few years later. 

Doctor FinnBarr
25 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

More worrying in my book is another (seldom) poster on here from Whitburn congratulating The Rangers on their win on FB, then again he does change his name in the summer to "Worthy District Master".

:biglaugh:

5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Seen a Hearts page on Facebook share this image earlier 🤯

EBD7E12E-C583-4AA5-B220-8F028B1D2A53.jpeg

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Embarrassing

Rocky jamboa

The first title win chat is horrendous. We all know they're the same club - same name, stadium, colours, horrible songs and odious fans!

I'm glad they've won it and puts an end to celtics 10 in a row shit. Celtic deserved to lose it for being so cocky and arrogant. They basically won 8 of their 9 titles with no competition.

2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

More worrying in my book is another (seldom) poster on here from Whitburn congratulating The Rangers on their win on FB, then again he does change his name in the summer to "Worthy District Master".

:biglaugh:

Been fireworks all today and yesterday here mate, even during the daylight 🤣 shows their levels of intelligence.

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

ooft, double hit, there. Duopoly was inevitable. When you can just start again debt free. 

And Hearts have always had ups and downs. From almost extinction early  eighties to 7 mins from League title a few years later. 

You're spot on. 

I can't help lamenting the fact that we should be soooo much better. With the backing of FOH and JA we are ridiculously  behind  where we should be as a minimum.

One day....a club that isn't from Glasgow will win the Scottish  league. Let's hope its us.

12 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Well the thing is it's not the media or the fans who compile the record books and decide these matters. It's domestic and international footballing authorities who do that. And they're all recording 55. 

I never expected to see Rangers FC liquidated in my life time. Both Glasgow teams have had all the resources, all the 'special' attachments that breeds big supports yet It wasn't enough. 

you are right though, the books will show 55

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The first title win chat is horrendous. We all know they're the same club - same name, stadium, colours, horrible songs and odious fans!

I'm glad they've won it and puts an end to celtics 10 in a row shit. Celtic deserved to lose it for being so cocky and arrogant. They basically won 8 of their 9 titles with no competition.

If it is the same club here cometh the tax man.

Shooter McGavin

To be fair, Celtic chucking their incredible, unbelievable and extraordinary 10 in a row is absolutely glorious. 

A twisted club with a rotten history. Up them. 

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hopefully one day i can witness Hearts, winning the Scottish Premiership 🙏

Came so close to it twice in my life.  Running out of time now. 😄

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Been fireworks all today and yesterday here mate, even during the daylight 🤣 shows their levels of intelligence.

Blackburns been awfy quiet, maybe they all jumped into taxis when the "bouncy" videos from the Dale cross showed up on FB

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Musicians either die young or very old Dave, you've passed the first bit so still have years left.

Im past caring whether its 1 or 55. Its 1 more than Ive see hearts win.

I've had season ticket for about 30 years and rangers fans during most of that time have been arrogant and obnoxious twats. The last 10 years has been a hoot. Especially when we got promoted and they didn't, but that means very little today

7 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Spot on. Why would they care about the JK going on about ‘you let your club die’ and it’s not 55 it’s 1 😂 

Just sounds bitter and embarrassing

Can’t take anything away from them they deserve it this season and stopped Celtic from 10 in a row the scenes in Glasgow would of been worse if Celtic won 10. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Musicians either die young or very old Dave, you've passed the first bit so still have years left.

Ha, here’s hoping. 🤣

Fluorescent Adolescent
24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hopefully one day i can witness Hearts, winning the Scottish Premiership 🙏

For that to happen it would always help if managers could avoid putting us into the Championship.

17 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

How cringeworthy.  

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’ll be fine Dave, pensions always work out well.  :wink: 

8 minutes ago, Candy said:

I've had season ticket for about 30 years and rangers fans during most of that time have been arrogant and obnoxious twats. The last 10 years has been a hoot. Especially when we got promoted and they didn't, but that means very little today

It means the same today as it did yesterday. I really can't see the point in getting doon as a Hearts fan if Rangers win a league given Rangers recent history. I'm sure their fans will revel in the reflected glory that is so obviously important, but its all a bit meh

Edited by Riccarton3

Fluorescent Adolescent
8 minutes ago, Candy said:

I've had season ticket for about 30 years and rangers fans during most of that time have been arrogant and obnoxious twats. The last 10 years has been a hoot. 

You ain’t Hearts.

colinmaroon

Now that that's over, I can get back to hoping they both lose, treating them both equally with the contempt they deserve.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Lifespan trends say Ive got circa 20-30 years left on the clock Dave barring accidents and anything else nasty befalling me of course

Cant see it in the next 10. Live in hope though for after that. I’ll probably keel over from excitement if it ever happens right enough.

26 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

That’s stinking patter! That’s just as bad as Hibs fans worrying they burnt their bridges with Celtic over allocations at Easter Rd few seasons ago actually had Hibs fans on the bounce worrying they burnt bridges with them 😂

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Lifespan trends say Ive got circa 20-30 years left on the clock Dave barring accidents and anything else nasty befalling me of course

Cant see it in the next 10. Live in hope though for after that. I’ll probably keel over from excitement if it ever happens right enough.

What a way to go though. 🤣

Fluorescent Adolescent
1 minute ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Are you? Thats a serious question

Sober up.

That’s a serious answer.

Edited by Fluorescent Adolescent

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Spot on. Why would they care about the JK going on about ‘you let your club die’ and it’s not 55 it’s 1 😂 

Just sounds bitter and embarrassing

Can’t take anything away from them they deserve it this season and stopped Celtic from 10 in a row the scenes in Glasgow would of been worse if Celtic won 10. 

..... this is much more relevant  to us and everyone interested in Scottish football, than  arguing whether its 1 or 55 titles.      Expect to see the FM and Leitch with their angry faces on at tomorrows briefing -  it may well have  delayed some of the lockdown easing timetable a bit.   Which might impact the prospect of fans at Hampden for the Euros.  

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

The fans that encourage this shite from our side need to just make the break and go to Ibrox. 

Doctor FinnBarr
Just now, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Sober up.

Just drinking Frappe tonight mate, only asked a question.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Candy said:

My first Hearts match was nearly 56 years ago and we lost the league that day. I’d still rather support Hearts than any other team. Probably an illogical position if you want success but that’s how it is. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The fans that encourage this shite from our side need to just make the break and go to Ibrox. 

Looks like they already have but just don’t know it yet. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What a way to go though. 🤣

I’d  die with a big fecking satisfied smile on my face that’s for sure 😬

Fluorescent Adolescent

Which was answered.

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

How cringeworthy.  

Not even s Masonic handshake as far as I know. Could be wrong, of course.

He’d argue with his shadow, FinnBarr.

Likes a wee bit ‘confrontational’.

SectionDJambo
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You were probably the same as me, and many others, who thought we’d never see Hearts win any major trophies, such was our prevalence of buggering things up over many years. But we’ve seen 3. Could have, and should have been more. 
1986 was the sorest one for me, probably more so because we suspect all wasn’t played out above board, and because it’s unlikely that we’ll get another chance.

But we live in hope. Sometimes a good season comes along when we least expect it.