Sporting Gold

EH11

David Black

When he says at what point do you go home, I don't want to go home, was exactly how I felt in 1998. THE greatest day of my life.

Probably the definitive Hibs'd it.

Who knew a club like Hamilton Accies winning promotion could be so enjoyable for the, ahem, neutral?

Have to laugh at the Hibby's feeble attempts to hit back with stuff like "Jambottling".

Even if it was true, they are mocking Hearts for failing to succeed.

We, and the rest of Scottish football, mock them for failing...to not fail.

Big difference.

Edited by martoon

Салатные палочки

I liked the comment "if there was a any player I wanted to miss a penalty, it was Jason Cummings". 

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Far as I'm concerned, Jason Cummings should receive a heroes welcome at Tynie tomorrow.

Nope, sorry, no idea why you would even suggest that. 

Say what you like about Accies, I know I've dissed them a lot myself, but there will always be a part of me that respects them for that day.

I was at a Hibs supporting mates 30th the night before, and endured a night of slagging, as well as the obligatory Sunshine on Leith performance. Sucked it all up only to forget the 2nd leg was on until about 3.30pm. Wasn't even that arsed about it either when I remembered. Only chucked it on when I seen it was 1-0 Accies. Ordered a hangover takeaway which arrived literally as Cummings missed that penalty. Poor delivery driver got a nice big cuddle from me, but a heck of a tip.

been here before
25 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Nope, sorry, no idea why you would even suggest that. 

His penalty relegated Hibs?

colinmaroon

Right up there with my favourite non-Hearts games.

Just so beautiful and we left them floundering in our wake the following season, plus another

Seymour M Hersh
55 minutes ago, been here before said:

His penalty relegated Hibs?

I understand that but it's not a reason to give him a heroes welcome. He's a little shitedawg. 

the general

Like others wasn't fussed about watching it until I saw it was one nil to Hamilton

Went into the Cameo Bar at the Shore and it was pretty full of die hard hobos who were so mad keen that they couldn't be ersed actually buying a ticket to go.

Anyway lots of fun was had winding them up then the bus home up Leith Walk was epic. Grown men fighting each other with their kids greetin and others just sitting in silence absolutely devastated .

Weakened Offender

This is why I can't hate Accies. Even though I know I should, I don't. That day was one of the funniest days of my puff. 😎