Billy Gilmour (NHC)

steve123

On 04/03/2021 at 20:24, steve123 said:

So google him and he is worth 4 million (not real I know) I would think Chelsea will have some suitors in summer and  player who wants away if he can't see a path to the first team.

The going rate in England he's a £25-30 million pound footballer - the Chelsea fans absolutely love him and can't understand why Tuchel hasn't got him more involved 

Big Slim Stylee

Lampard wasn’t keen to loan him figuring he’d be better off involved in the first team set up. No idea what Tuchel will do but CFC will know they have a decent asset.

Sure loads can happen to derail a career but if someone like Lampard thinks you’re a real prospect then that should be good enough for anyone, tbh.

Blackford Hearts
On 04/03/2021 at 20:38, steve123 said:

My take on it is 19 and being paid £40k a week it goes one of two ways, kind of a parrallel opposite from Andy Robertson.

Andy Robertson was playing for Dundee United at 19 and would have been earning no more than a decent wage at that time. There is no suggestion that Billy Gilmour is Billy big boots and has a poor attitude so let’s see how he progresses. During lockdown he learned sign language so he could communicate with fans who were hard of hearing. Sounds like he’s a decent guy in a decent side working hard to get a game 

• 2 months later...

Bump, not sure how many Scottish midfielders would start in an important game like tonight ( Mcginn and Mctominay apart)

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Bump, not sure how many Scottish midfielders would start in an important game like tonight ( Mcginn and Mctominay apart)

Correct he's got to be in the Euro Squad he adds something a bit different - typical Scotland 2 good left backs good middle but rest ain't tip top

Castle Magyar

The Scottish version of Kante - interesting to watch them in the same team - always available, running into space to receive a pass, plays the simple pass, a fantastic performance against the Champions elect and likely brings a dilemma to TT in the games ahead as CFC look to cement qualification to the CL next season and the for the Istanbul Final - from a Scottish perspective, is great to see another Scot involved at such a high level - and a great option for Clarke for Euro 2020 (21) 👍

jimmy the jambo
38 minutes ago, Castle Magyar said:

The Scottish version of Kante - interesting to watch them in the same team - always available, running into space to receive a pass, plays the simple pass, a fantastic performance against the Champions elect and likely brings a dilemma to TT in the games ahead as CFC look to cement qualification to the CL next season and the for the Istanbul Final - from a Scottish perspective, is great to see another Scot involved at such a high level - and a great option for Clarke for Euro 2020 (21) 👍

Imagine if he wins a champions league medal & then doesn’t get picked to the national team - I can see the headlines already,Not bad for someone who hasn’t been capped yet - I wonder how many players have actually won a champions league medal and not played for the national team. 

Castle Magyar

Is a great question, perhaps some of the top teams (countries) can afford such a scenario, but Scotland not... 

5 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Imagine if he wins a champions league medal & then doesn’t get picked to the national team - I can see the headlines already,Not bad for someone who hasn’t been capped yet - I wonder how many players have actually won a champions league medal and not played for the national team. 

Good option, and a fantastic footballer. But he's hardly kicked a ball and Steve Clark can pick who likes, he's earned it. Except Burke, he slept with footballer. Useless. 

Edited by ri Alban

It's a hard call. Scotland have loads of central mids but certainly the likes of Gilmour and Turnbull will be mainstays in the future so it's in our best interests to involve them as soon as possible. 

Edited by Cruyff

9 hours ago, Castle Magyar said:

Is a great question, perhaps some of the top teams (countries) can afford such a scenario, but Scotland not... 

john McGovern,  2 Euro. cups but no senior cap.

I think he'll have a decent chance of making the squad. There's a spot open that would normally be taken by Ryan Jack. 

3 minutes ago, Trajan said:

I think he'll have a decent chance of making the squad. There's a spot open that would normally be taken by Ryan Jack. 

We’re allowed a 26 man squad for this tournament as well, I expect he’ll make the cut

Nookie Bear

Not really seen enough of him but I think every Scotland squad should always have a handful of young players like Gilmour, Hickey etc to get them used to the environment and the management style. 

It would be crazy not to have him in the squad.

I know he's not played loads of games but he is getting game time at a level above anyone else in the Scotland set up.

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not really seen enough of him but I think every Scotland squad should always have a handful of young players like Gilmour, Hickey etc to get them used to the environment and the management style. 

as others have said we get a 26 man squad rather than the usual 23 man squad. WIth that in mind i would try and fill the extra three spots with gilmour, hickey and another youngster

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

With the increased squad numbers it should be a no brainer. 

kingantti1874

Gilmour should be in the squad, he’s young but we don’t have anyone else with that level of ability.

Nathan Paterson from rangers is another.. will Without doubt be Scotland first choice right back. 

id also take Ryan Gauld. Been excellent in Portugal this season

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, OTT said:

With the increased squad numbers it should be a no brainer. 

Yep, I meant for the normal squad for qualifiers as well. 

At least 5 u-21s in every squad. 

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, I meant for the normal squad for qualifiers as well. 

At least 5 u-21s in every squad. 

Its always annoyed me that England despite having a much higher pool of players (and higher talent level to draw on) still manage to include youngsters. 

We have some sort of aversion to it, and its embarrassing. 

Beave1874
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Gilmour should be in the squad, he’s young but we don’t have anyone else with that level of ability.

Nathan Paterson from rangers is another.. will Without doubt be Scotland first choice right back. 

Certainly Gauld and Gilmour should at east be in the squad. Gilmour has the potential to go all the way and  Gauld has had a fine season in a top league. 

While he might not have played that many games, he’s got better touch and awareness than any other Scottish player. He should be in the squad. 

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Certainly Gauld and Gilmour should at east be in the squad. Gilmour has the potential to go all the way and  Gauld has had a fine season in a top league. 

Lewis Morgan could be in with a shout to since the squad numbers have increased. Impresses often for Miami and played well tonight again. Cracking finish against Atlanta (of whom Jake Mulraney plays for). 😄 

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree with much of this...only issue would be Gauld who has simply not been seen enough to make any type of opinion on...maybe manager and staff have seen more of him

14 hours ago, Taffin said:

It would be crazy not to have him in the squad.

I know he's not played loads of games but he is getting game time at a level above anyone else in the Scotland set up.

Only with Scotland would we see a young player potentially make the champions league final squad but then not make the euros squad

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Only with Scotland would we see a young player potentially make the champions league final squad but then not make the euros squad

I’m not sure why he hasn’t at least been involved in the squads. Saying that I find him a bit Jason Holt like in that everything seems to go square or backwards it’s all just safe stuff but that’s probably being very harsh. 
Tuchel rates him though so he must be pretty good. 

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not sure why he hasn’t at least been involved in the squads. Saying that I find him a bit Jason Holt like in that everything seems to go square or backwards it’s all just safe stuff but that’s probably being very harsh. 

Square or backwards is fine in certain circumstances, good players can be very effective at it, if you look at the way Man City play there are still a lot of square or backwards passes used to move the ball until a gap forwards appears.

I actually think Gilmour and McTominay would be a good fit together as a CDM double act, being able to keep the ball moving in midfield and taking turns getting forward to support attacks.

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

i think the times he could have got in the squads was around the time hw was injured or just coming back from injury.

Jamboelite
On 09/05/2021 at 09:53, jonnothejambo said:

The lad is top class and should be picked. 

In a nutshell.

Very highly thought of at CFC.

If your good enough, your good enough regardless of his age. He should absolutely be involved in the squad. Guy has strolled it in the Premier league the games I've seen him involved in. Very exciting prospect loves to get forward and looks to play a forward pass. Definitely add to the quality in the squad