Billy Gilmour (NHC)

steve123

I am bored, got me thinking not getting a look in at Chelsea however still only 19 and on 40K a week and undoubtedly a talent where does he go from here ?

Malinga the Swinga

Lower level premiership or championship team. Had a decent game in Cup match last season and somehow got reputation he had never earned or deserved. 

Can still be top player but miles behind guys like Foden, Saka, Mount and others like Maddison. 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Lower level premiership or championship team. Had a decent game in Cup match last season and somehow got reputation he had never earned or deserved. 

Can still be top player but miles behind guys like Foden, Saka, Mount and others like Maddison. 

Interesting you mention Foden, many think he was held back by Man City...

Edited by steve123

1 minute ago, Jamdub said:

Breaks into their first team as he is good enough, but money talks 

So google him and he is worth 4 million (not real I know) I would think Chelsea will have some suitors in summer and  player who wants away if he can't see a path to the first team.

We can take him on loan and our head coach will have him going backwards and sideways, before he knows it.

He is a great talent, one of the best of a a good group of Scottish players coming through.

Malinga the Swinga

Foden about 10 months older and has played about 60 odd games for Man City's first team. He is only 20. Guardiola has judged this just about right as Foden getting stronger with time. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Foden about 10 months older and has played about 60 odd games for Man City's first team. He is only 20. Guardiola has judged this just about right as Foden getting stronger with time. 

If Foden screws the nut and assuming no injuries he will be a great player. As you say Pep has played a blinder.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Same age as Irving

My take on it is 19 and being paid £40k a week it goes one of two ways, kind of a parrallel opposite from Andy Robertson.

Robbo-Jambo
24 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I am bored, got me thinking not getting a look in at Chelsea however still only 19 and on 40K a week and undoubtedly a talent where does he go from here ?

Sure he played a couple of games in the last two or three weeks for the first team 🤔

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Sure he played a couple of games in the last two or three weeks for the first team 🤔

Na played once in a cup game then been in and out of squad, if he makes the bench he never makes it on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Two CL sub appearances this season. 

The Shed Floodlight

Tuchel may not fancy him to start games with him being smaller built, Frank had him playing near every week when he was fit. A good talent and would go to another top club if he doesn't stay at the Bridge

1 minute ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Tuchel may not fancy him to start games with him being smaller built, Frank had him playing near every week when he was fit. A good talent and would go to another top club if he doesn't stay at the Bridge

kinda the question would a Villa, Leicester etc suit him and Scotland better 

The Shed Floodlight
7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

The boy has the talent to go to the very top, like someone else has said similar to Phil Foden,  he will not come back to Scotland,  maybe at the near end of his career but he may go abroad if not a big club in England,  you can maybe say Leicester are in that bracket now as they challenge to break the top 4 every season now

A_A wehatethehibs

I reckon there will be transfer interest in him. If he’s not playing regular football at Chelsea I would bet my house on David Moyes trying to get him for a seasons loan at West Ham. And the likes of Ancelotti and Mourinho would sniff about too. The experienced managers know the value of a raw talent like that 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

I would worry too much about leaving the team that let Kevin De Bruyne leave as he wasn’t good enough apparently.

Biggest question seems to be right now, does Tuchel like him? Lampard gave a lot of game time to younger players, Gilmour in particular. Be interesting to see if Gilmour gets a chance under Tuchel this season.

1 hour ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

He was going to go on loan during the last window but Tuchel asked him to stay and told him he’d be involved. If that doesn’t happen, expect he’ll go on loan for next season. 

Remember folk wanting him to go to euros cause he played a few cup games...

Honestly does he start for the U21s? Ahead of Campbell, Ferguson, Mcrorie, Turnbull, Irving (on a good day). 

Need to actually play regularly to see if he’s worth the hype

Malinga the Swinga

Don't know where this Frank played him every week came from. Gilmour has played in 8 games for Chelsea in premiership. That is 8 games in 2 seasons, including appearances as a sub. 

29 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Honestly does he start for the U21s? Ahead of Campbell, Ferguson, Mcrorie, Turnbull, Irving (on a good day). 

Are you suggesting Andy Irving is as good as Billy Gilmour? 

1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Kinda.  :rofl:

:facepalm:

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

😆 it’s unbelievable isn’t it. Billy Gilmour is An absolutely sensational player. Andy Irving, (not any of the other players) are not  in the same universe.

Anyone equating these players clearly hasn’t watched them play.

kingantti1874
58 minutes ago, R1874 said:

😂😂😂😂

the answer is yes, yes he does 

Ibrahim Tall

“Not getting a look in” is an exaggeration, he was crocked for half the season but he’s still in played 6/7 games this season. Tuchel was even praising him in the media last week.

He’s not playing ‘now’ because Chelsea need to win at the moment after the Lampard shambles so he’s favouring more experienced players but he’ll still get game time.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

“Not getting a look in” is an exaggeration, he was crocked for half the season but he’s still in played 6/7 games this season. Tuchel was even praising him in the media last week.

He’s not playing ‘now’ because Chelsea need to win at the moment after the Lampard shambles so he’s favouring more experienced players but he’ll still get game time.

As I posted above he’s had 2 appearances this season both in the CL totalling just over half an hour. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

As I posted above he’s had 2 appearances this season both in the CL totalling just over half an hour. 

he’s been out for most of the season with a cruciate injury.

He will go on to do great things. 

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Appears some of the websites are talking shit. And Chelsea’s is badly composed. 
EPL 2 appearances as sub 34 minutes 

FA Cup 3 appearances 270 minutes all starts

CL 2 appearances 95 minutes. 1 start

Edited by Tazio

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He's also featured in 2 league games and had the full 90 minutes in their 3 FA cup games. 

11 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

I’m suggesting a few cup games against league 1 teams isn’t a good enough sample size to see if he’s actually good or just hype.

Lets see him go on loan first and play some proper first team football every week. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Gilmour is a quality wee player, and the game will only get easier for him as he builds up the physical side of his game. Probably not ready for the Euros this summer but its a fair bet that he will be in the setup very soon. Chelsea have been decent at bringing through younger players in the last few years with the likes of Mount, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi and James all looking like quality players (I suppose they were forced to develop them due to the transfer ban). Hopefully they show the same patience with Gilmour.

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

😆 it’s unbelievable isn’t it. Billy Gilmour is An absolutely sensational player. Andy Irving, (not any of the other players) are not  in the same universe.

Anyone equating these players clearly hasn’t watched them play.

Gilmour looks a good player, neat and tidy and keeps the ball moving quickly, but i have not seen anything from him to suggest "sensational" quite yet.

Gilmour definitely needs to play 30-40 games next season. I think he's already shown that he can play EPL standard but I don't think he's someone you'd loan to a team most likely battling relegation. He's probably best served with a loan move abroad and dare I say it, even one to Rangers when they'll undoubtedly be playing Champions League football next season. 

If he's fit before the end of the season, he could be an asset for Scotland in the Euros, as would Turnbull imo. Gilmour has the ability to create space and break lines with passes. Turnbull has the ability to rattle a goal in from 30 yard. 

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

I’m suggesting a few cup games against league 1 teams isn’t a good enough sample size to see if he’s actually good or just hype.

Lets see him go on loan first and play some proper first team football every week. 

I took from your post that you were questioning if he would start ahead of Andy Irving for the U21s. 

RenfrewHearts

Real shame that he’s not been able to go and secure first team football before the Euros. He’d walk straight into Scotland’s Midfield if he’s playing. Players as comfy, on the ball, as Gilmour don’t come around too often for Scotland. 

Will be a massive part in our World Cup Qualifying campaign that’s for sure. 

Always feel an overwhelming sense of what could’ve been when I watch him. Very similar in style and stature to our own Harry Cochrane. Harry was, of course, a level or 2 below hence why we ended up getting him in the first place. Sad that we’ve not been able to reintegrate him into our team since 18/19, I’ve not fully given up on him yet. Irving leaving might actually benefit him. Still believe Cochrane from what we seen at first team level is the pick of the “Levein Era players”. 

Edited by RenfrewHearts

The change in manager has definitely not helped him - although i'm almost certain Lampard will still be in his ear from afar. Billy is loved by the Chelsea fans, his attitude is absolutely spot on & nobody doubts his ability. A loan move in the summer for the season probably wouldn't be a bad shout.

Personally I don't think Jorginho offers anything that Billy can't, but flipped round the other way there's things Billy can do that Jorginho definitely can't.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Gilmour looks a good player, neat and tidy and keeps the ball moving quickly, but i have not seen anything from him to suggest "sensational" quite yet.

Maybe need to rewatch the Liverpool & Everton games from just before the first lockdown. Had Fabinho running after shadows for 90 minutes.

section s heart
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gilmour definitely needs to play 30-40 games next season. I think he's already shown that he can play EPL standard but I don't think he's someone you'd loan to a team most likely battling relegation. He's probably best served with a loan move abroad and dare I say it, even one to Rangers when they'll undoubtedly be playing Champions League football next season. 

If he's fit before the end of the season, he could be an asset for Scotland in the Euros, as would Turnbull imo. Gilmour has the ability to create space and break lines with passes. Turnbull has the ability to rattle a goal in from 30 yard. 

Agree re Gilmour and Turnbull. These boys are a cut above other wannabes and could make a real impact at the Euros, although Clarke may (wrongly imo) stay loyal to the guys who helped us qualify. Guess is he'll take DT but not BG.

36 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Agree re Gilmour and Turnbull. These boys are a cut above other wannabes and could make a real impact at the Euros, although Clarke may (wrongly imo) stay loyal to the guys who helped us qualify. Guess is he'll take DT but not BG.

I think there's space for both in a 23 man squad tbh. 

Gordon, Marshall, McLaughlin 

O'Donnell, Robertson, Tierney 

Gallagher, McKenna, Cooper 

McTominay, Jack, McLean 

McGinn, Turnbull, McGregor 

Armstrong, Gilmour, Christie 

Fraser, McBurnie, Griffiths

Paterson, Dykes 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

McTominay, Jack, McLean 

Paterson, Dykes 

McBurnie? Hasn’t that ship sailed?

He’s not a match winner. He’s not an assist machine. He’s actually pretty meh. 

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

McTominay, Jack, McLean 

Paterson, Dykes 

McBurnie,Paterson and Griffiths do not fill you with confidence at this moment.

31 minutes ago, benny said:

McBurnie,Paterson and Griffiths do not fill you with confidence at this moment.

No they don't but there's not many options in the forward area.