Pieman's PR Company

iainmac

7 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Picking people for jobs is a nightmare.....discrimination, sexist, racial claims easy to make for those who didn't get the job!   

My daughter is a senior manager in a large Canadian corporation, and she gets involved in the hiring process for people in her division.

When a vacancy occurs, she tells HR what the qualifications are for the vacant job and HR send her applications from suitable candidates.  The applications have been "scrubbed" by HR and contain no reference to the applicant's gender, their name, their ethnic origin, their age, etc.  It's basically information on their education, skill set, work experience and nothing else.  My daughter will select the best qualified candidates who are then interviewed by HR and job offers are made.

The first time my daughter meets her employee is when they walk through the door as new hires.  Until that day, she has no idea if they are male or female, young or old, black or white, fat or thin, Canadian or immigrant, beautiful or ugly.  The only thing she knows in advance is that they are qualified for the job.  The potential for bias has been completely removed.

She says the process works.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

My daughter is a senior manager in a large Canadian corporation, and she gets involved in the hiring process for people in her division.

When a vacancy occurs, she tells HR what the qualifications are for the vacant job and HR send her applications from suitable candidates.  The applications have been "scrubbed" by HR and contain no reference to the applications gender, their name, their ethnic origin, their age, etc.  It's basically information on their education, skill set, work experience and nothing else.  My daughter will select the best qualified candidates who are then interviewed by HR and job offers are made.

The first time my daughter meets her employee is when they walk through the door as new hires.  Until that day, she has no idea if they are male or female, young or old, black or white, fat or thin, Canadian or immigrant, beautiful or ugly.  The only thing she knows in advance is that they are qualified for the job.  The potential for bias has been completely removed.

Wow, I’ve only been retired since 2017 and how the world of work has changed. 😃

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 hours ago, 7628mm said:

The old saying that "There is no such thing as bad publicity" was completely de-bunked by oor Gerald, no mistake

At least Oor Gerald had the excuse of having an alcohol induced moment of fame/infamy while here we see a PR firm doing the exact opposite of what they are supposed to do for their customers - make sure that nothing is said publicly or published in such a way that it can be misinterpreted, whether deliberately or not, to their client's disadvantage. 

part_time_jambo
On 04/03/2021 at 18:50, Cruyff said:

When you read it, he doesn't actually say he doesn't hire blacks, gays or catholics.

I think the point he is trying to make is that he doesn't hire people just to tick the diversity box, he hires them because they are good at what they do regardless of their background.

Unfortunately he has worded it like a complete & utter moron. What was he thinking? :lol:

Yes, that's the way I read it too. Having said that, it would have been better if he had included whites in the group he doesn't hire. Freudian slip perhaps?

13 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Yes, that's the way I read it too. Having said that, it would have been better if he had included whites in the group he doesn't hire. Freudian slip perhaps?

Yeah, perhaps. The guy is clearly a moron so it wouldn't surprise me if he does harbor negative views of that group of people. 

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I get the point he is making but he's victim to the utter nonsense that is getting paraded on Linkedin these days. There's plenty on Twitter these days about it, I think the best one is called something like "ThestateofLinkedin".  Linkedin is full of nobs trying to outdo each other. 

Over the last few years LinkedIn has turned into Facebook, twitter, and every other social media platform, but that is what you call progress. People spouting their politics showing funny videos etc. etc.  They don't even wait until Friday to put funnies up.

That is more than enough about that fricking platform. 

portobellojambo1
On 04/03/2021 at 18:34, iainmac said:

Who remembers these jokers?

Hired by The Pieman to provide "crisis management" - basically, put a positive spin on Murrayfield, infiltrate JKB and try to discredit the Save Our Hearts campaign.

Gordon Beattie has had to resign due to some 17th Century views.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-56273997

Gordon Beattie, chairman of Beattie Communications, published a LinkedIn post saying his firm would not hire "blacks, gays or Catholics".

The Pieman & Beattie Communications - a perfect match.

While it would be interesting to discover how he did actually word what he said Iain he doesn't appear to be saying those words. He is effectively saying that what he would hire are the people he felt were best qualified to do a specific job, rather than just hire those who believe they are discriminated against (in their own minds). If I was a major shareholder in a company I would expect the senior management team to invest in the best people, I certainly wouldn't expect them to employ people just to tick little boxes in a look at us way. Same as my feelings about HMFC, I would expect the club to employ the best people available to do the jobs rather than just employ anyone to tick little boxes and keep the likes of Sky Sports happy. All lives matter, but unfortunately not everyone has the correct qualifications/ability to do a specific job being advertised.

Edited by portobellojambo1

28 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Over the last few years LinkedIn has turned into Facebook, twitter, and every other social media platform, but that is what you call progress. People spouting their politics showing funny videos etc. etc.  They don't even wait until Friday to put funnies up.

That is more than enough about that fricking platform. 

👍

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

While it would be interesting to discover how he did actually word what he said Iain he doesn't appear to be saying those words. He is effectively saying that what he would hire are the people he felt were best qualified to do a specific job, rather than just hire those who believe they are discriminated against (in their own minds). If I was a major shareholder in a company I would expect the senior management team to invest in the best people, I certainly wouldn't expect them to employ people just to tick little boxes in a look at us way. Same as my feelings about HMFC, I would expect the club to employ the best people available to do the jobs rather than just employ anyone to tick little boxes and keep the likes of Sky Sports happy. All lives matter, but unfortunately not everyone has the correct qualifications/ability to do a specific job being advertised.

I just think that it's Ironic. 

He & his company tried very hard to discredit SoH but he ends up discrediting himself. 

You have to ask how someone who is running such a company came out with those words in the order they were presented...this from a media/communications company

Taken as a whole you can interpret his point as being the person best suited to the role would be hired irrespective of their background etc.

There is nothing wrong with that but if he was working for me I'd ask just how did you decide to frame that statement to make a reasonable point because as we can see some have jumped all over it without reading all of the relevant parts

It did not take long though for the vultures to call at the company's door and new management is taking over.

On 04/03/2021 at 18:41, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What a prick.

The pieman was marginally worse than Budge

Marginally? 🙈

6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

When a vacancy occurs, she tells HR what the qualifications are for the vacant job and HR send her applications from suitable candidates.  The applications have been "scrubbed" by HR and contain no reference to the applicant's gender, their name, their ethnic origin, their age, etc.  It's basically information on their education, skill set, work experience and nothing else.  My daughter will select the best qualified candidates who are then interviewed by HR and job offers are made.

😳