Pieman's PR Company

iainmac

Who remembers these jokers?

Hired by The Pieman to provide "crisis management" - basically, put a positive spin on Murrayfield, infiltrate JKB and try to discredit the Save Our Hearts campaign.

Gordon Beattie has had to resign due to some 17th Century views.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-56273997

Gordon Beattie, chairman of Beattie Communications, published a LinkedIn post saying his firm would not hire "blacks, gays or Catholics".

The Pieman & Beattie Communications - a perfect match.

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Hired by The Pieman to provide "crisis management" - basically, put a positive spin on Murrayfield, infiltrate JKB and try to discredit the Save Our Hearts campaign.

Gordon Beattie, chairman of Beattie Communications, published a LinkedIn post saying his firm would not hire "blacks, gays or Catholics".

I’ve got a mate who ticks all three of those boxes. She should apply to them just for shits and giggles. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

What a prick.

The pieman was marginally worse than Budge

John Findlay

He should have started it.

We dont hire white heterosexual males, protestants, and married women. He might, just might have got away with it😉😉.

When you read it, he doesn't actually say he doesn't hire blacks, gays or catholics.

I think the point he is trying to make is that he doesn't hire people just to tick the diversity box, he hires them because they are good at what they do regardless of their background.

Unfortunately he has worded it like a complete & utter moron. What was he thinking? :lol:

adambraejambo

It like a gag from the IT crowd.

We don't employ black, gays or Catholics.........dramatic pause.

We only hire "talented people" and do not care about colour, sexual orientation 

maxresdefault.jpg

upgotheheads

To be fair (hard as it is in the circumstances) I think he was using irony, or sarcasm or some such. If he had added 'whites' he would have made his point better.

10 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

Levein the parasite wanted us to move to Murrayfield on the piemans advice 

Really?  

29 minutes ago, Gards said:

Really?  

He did say "keep the protests out of the stadium", which would've defeated the purpose. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I remember Badger and another guy posting but assumed they were just ‘friends’ of Robinson. 

To be fair he does not say that at all, not well worded but he is saying he does not care what someone is he hires on talent alone.

I dont think it will mke much difference to his life apart from professional pride.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

1st up I am of an older generation and if you look at the full quote it is not as bad as many snowflakes are making it out to be on social media.

image.thumb.png.a0575fe1458cce8d20aaa61ba3134484.png

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

When you read it, he doesn't actually say he doesn't hire blacks, gays or catholics.

I think the point he is trying to make is that he doesn't hire people just to tick the diversity box, he hires them because they are good at what they do regardless of their background.

Unfortunately he has worded it like a complete & utter moron. What was he thinking? :lol:

That was what he meant, but it was worded horrendously, and was incredibly stupid, especially in these times.  He was an idiot. 

8 minutes ago, Paolo said:

That was what he meant, but it was worded horrendously, and was incredibly stupid, especially in these times.  He was an idiot. 

I can imagine we have all been that at times, no idea who this guy is apart from seeing post but he clearly was not being derogatory to anyone what a farce.

1 hour ago, gordon simpson said:

Huh?  The move to Murrayfield idea was in 2004.  I doubt if Levein was even remotely involved.

55 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

1st up I am of an older generation and if you look at the full quote it is not as bad as many snowflakes are making it out to be on social media.

Not great, but I actually see his point. It looks like he is saying he won’t hire someone on grounds of diversity for diversity’s sake but will hire anyone with talent. It would be interesting to see how diverse the company is.

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, Syd said:

Not great, but I actually see his point. It looks like he is saying he won’t hire someone on grounds of diversity for diversity’s sake but will hire anyone with talent. It would be interesting to see how diverse the company is.

I get the point too. The trouble is, this guy's business is wordsmithing and spin. To start a post with that sentence is bizarre.

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

You've hit the nail on the head and also you've also got it right about him being 6 water biscuits short of quarter a packet.

It sums up the lack of "professionalism" back then.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I remember Badger and another guy posting but assumed they were just ‘friends’ of Robinson. 

He was their client. 

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

A well intended post I believe, but that opening line is ****ing horrendously worded!

132goals1958
5 hours ago, iainmac said:

If I remember their remit was to produce design/ origination mock ups of how Murrayfield would look with the top tier bedecked in maroon . I have a vague recollection of the slides which still send a shiver down the spine.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He should have started it.

We dont hire white heterosexual males, protestants, and married women. He might, just might have got away with it😉😉.

The guy was apparently trying to be clever and innovative with an eye-catching byline to a promo which would appeal to the woke world but made an absolute James Hunt of it and it back-fired massively.

I don't think there's anything to suggest he has anything against any of the groupings he mentioned, he's just not half as clever and savvy as he thought he was. 😄

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, Locky said:

Was that not just Rangers transfer policy for decades?

Gordon Beattie's next job will be running Sevco's Twitter feed.

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

To be fair (hard as it is in the circumstances) I think he was using irony, or sarcasm or some such. If he had added 'whites' he would have made his point better.

Precisely.

3 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

If I remember their remit was to produce design/ origination mock ups of how Murrayfield would look with the top tier bedecked in maroon . I have a vague recollection of the slides which still send a shiver down the spine.

"Murrayfield : Home Of Heart of Midlothian".

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Huh?  The move to Murrayfield idea was in 2004.  I doubt if Levein was even remotely involved.

Craig was manager for all but the last 2 months or so of 2004

7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Gordon Beattie's next job will be running Sevco's Twitter feed.

He just doesn't know it yet.

13 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

Is there any crime Levein is not guilty of ?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Agree with what you say but as a piece of PR, by a PR company, it's a bit of a disaster. A bit of a Ratner moment, in fact.

30 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Agree with what you say but as a piece of PR, by a PR company, it's a bit of a disaster. A bit of a Ratner moment, in fact.

The old saying that "There is no such thing as bad publicity" was completely de-bunked by oor Gerald, no mistake

Statement is not as bad if you read carefully for a 2nd time. Substitute blacks and catholics for zombies and martians and what he is saying is "irrespective of race or colour we will employ the best people".

Interview for jobs is such an emotive subject.....In my experience you don't always get it right!.....I remember years ago working in a 95% male dominated office based engineering environment. We were told we needed more women in the department.
What happened was more inexperienced, less qualified woman were given the posts, and the men who had the necessary qualifications were overlooked.....Another case of unfair diversity. 

Picking people for jobs is a nightmare.....discrimination, sexist, racial claims easy to make for those who didn't get the job!   

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, sassenach said:

The opening sentence was clearly horrendously worded, and I'm sure it wasn't meant how it came across.

The thing is, these days, nobody gets a chance to clarify anything any more. It has been said and that's it, judgement will be always made on that statement.

Every single word that anybody puts into the public domain nowadays has to be so carefully thought through, because so much of society no longer gives any opportunities for backtracking. It's why I'm not on Facebook, Twitter etc, because there's no longer such thing as an honest mistake.

Yes but if you choose to use Twitter then you are leaving yourself open to this kind of criticism. To put it another way, if you decide to communicate via Twitter, you get what you deserve.

As a PR 'expert' you think he would know this!

15 hours ago, steve123 said:

I can imagine we have all been that at times, no idea who this guy is apart from seeing post but he clearly was not being derogatory to anyone what a farce.

Most probably, but I am assuming he is not daft, and should have realised the reaction.  Especially given his supposed area of expertise.    Makes you wonder why Pieman thought he’d be a good choice. 

4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Is there any crime Levein is not guilty of ?

You do know that Levein contains the word EVIL.  Certainly no coincidence, that.

18 hours ago, iainmac said:

There was also a Headhunter company based in London that were used to find a manager before Lord Tipple finally found Romanov.

19 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Yeah best not to do that on social media without a tonne of emojis

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes but if you choose to use Twitter then you are leaving yourself open to this kind of criticism. To put it another way, if you decide to communicate via Twitter, you get what you deserve.

As a PR 'expert' you think he would know this!

His company have had more publicity even if bad, than if he hadn't made the tweet.

There is really no such thing as bad publicity.

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

His company have had more publicity even if bad, than if he hadn't made the tweet.

There is really no such thing as bad publicity.

Depends if they lose clients or gain clients surely? Some people you only ever hear of for doing something really stupid...

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Picking people for jobs is a nightmare.....discrimination, sexist, racial claims easy to make for those who didn't get the job!   

Good post.

John Findlay
59 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Depends if they lose clients or gain clients surely? Some people you only ever hear of for doing something really stupid...

I'm sure this company will survive.

20 hours ago, 7628mm said:

Using 'snowflake' - sure sign of someone best ignored.

Don't agree with the comments on here saying sentiment of his post is fine. 

They will just hire folk from within their echo chamber, the whole point of hiring people from different backgrounds and beliefs whether they have the best qualifications or the worst qualifications is that you give your team, organisation or whatever different perspectives, different skills and help to break down barriers.

His post essentially says, we'll make hiring based on prejudices but mask it behind the fact that they're claiming they are best person for the job.

Good riddance Mr Beattie you dinosaur.

20 hours ago, 7628mm said:

I get the point he is making but he's victim to the utter nonsense that is getting paraded on Linkedin these days. There's plenty on Twitter these days about it, I think the best one is called something like "ThestateofLinkedin".  Linkedin is full of nobs trying to outdo each other.