1st January 1975

Toonhertz

Fozzyonthefence

Almost 50 years ago and they bang on about winning a league game against us and get upset about us living in the past with 5-1 which was less than 9 years ago.  Imagine if they’d ever beaten us in a cup final!  Maybe they would get the date right though. 

queensferryjambo
22 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Almost 50 years ago and they bang on about winning a league game against us and get upset about us living in the past with 5-1 which was less than 9 years ago.  Imagine if they’d ever beaten us in a cup final!  Maybe they would get the date right though. 

When I was a kid my Grandad told me he went to a Hearts match when Hearts scored 8 goals against Hibs.

I kind of doubted it and thought it might have been a false memory from when he was young. Turned out with the advent of the internet I checked it and he was at a league match at Tynecastle in 1935 when Hearts did score 8.

Note to all Hibs fans he wasn't wearing a ****ing T Shirt with the score on it in the 1980s  

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Toonhertz said:

Even when they gloat they still manage to hibs it

17A17FE1-CE75-4823-8987-7BC8E32F0C01.jpeg

9B56A157-3788-4C1E-91FC-0D05E4CDB59D.jpeg

That game ended 0-0. Donald Ford hit the left hand post of the goal at the school end, looking on from the Gorgie Road End in the last minute.

Edited by John Findlay

11 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It's funny too, how they wielded out the 'comfort blanket' chat about 2012 within a year or 2 later, but they still go on about 2016.

They think 2016 bothers us as much, if not more, than 2012. I think they think that they beat us in the final. :lol: 

Салатные палочки

Remember that fud Murray shaved the score into his head. Did we not pump them that day as well? :laugh:

The 1 January 1975 is still a significant date in Hearts' history, being the last time that Tynecastle ever hosted a crowd of over 36,000. Second biggest Tynie crowd I've experienced. Game was a typical NYD derby, finishing 0-0, though we came close near the end (possibly even hit the post?)

That was Hagart's first season, when we made a terrible start. Hagart became manager, got the team motivated, and signed Don Murray at centre back, who steadied the ship. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Remember that fud Murray shaved the score into his head. Did we not pump them that day as well? :laugh:

I think that was the 4-4 game.  Even funnier than a win 😄

SectionDJambo

That is embarrassing, even for Hibs. An obsession with a league game almost 50 years ago, that not many of them will have been at.

Then, whoever decided to try to take advantage of their obsession gets the date of the match wrong, and still tries to sell it.

I went back to work after the New Year holiday in 1973, expecting to get a hard time from the Hibs fans in the office. None of them said anything much other than they knew how they would be feeling if the score had been reversed, so they would leave it at that.

Our 17 and 22 in a row runs destroyed them long before the 2012 cup final and the 2006 semi final. It's pretty much all they've got over us and, like a child with a comfort blanket, they can't let it go.

I sold my programme from the match, a few years ago now, presumably to one of them for £100. I wish I had bought more.

12 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Why the harp?  is it because they're always harping on about it?

It used to be the club badge - one of many as I recall. 

Even so, feckin tragic stuff. 

17 hours ago, Toonhertz said:

Even when they gloat they still manage to hibs it

17A17FE1-CE75-4823-8987-7BC8E32F0C01.jpeg

9B56A157-3788-4C1E-91FC-0D05E4CDB59D.jpeg

FS🤦‍♂️They really are the Norman Wisdom of Scottish football.

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

The 1 January 1975 is still a significant date in Hearts' history, being the last time that Tynecastle ever hosted a crowd of over 36,000. Second biggest Tynie crowd I've experienced. Game was a typical NYD derby, finishing 0-0, though we came close near the end (possibly even hit the post?)

That was Hagart's first season, when we made a terrible start. Hagart became manager, got the team motivated, and signed Don Murray at centre back, who steadied the ship. 

Well now you can buy a badge to commemmorate the occasion :laugh:

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well now you can buy a badge to commemmorate the occasion :laugh:

If someone brought out a 1-1-75 "5-1" badge I might be interested.

Fozzyonthefence
23 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

When I was a kid my Grandad told me he went to a Hearts match when Hearts scored 8 goals against Hibs.

I kind of doubted it and thought it might have been a false memory from when he was young. Turned out with the advent of the internet I checked it and he was at a league match at Tynecastle in 1935 when Hearts did score 8.

Note to all Hibs fans he wasn't wearing a ****ing T Shirt with the score on it in the 1980s  

The biggest thing in their history - they scored 7 against us in a league game once.  But we trumped that by scoring 8 in a league game against them yet it hardly ever gets a mention from Hearts fans.  Says it all about them really.  

Tommy Brown
On 03/03/2021 at 21:13, John Findlay said:

That game ended 0-0. Donald Ford hit the left hand post of the goal at the school end, looking on from the Gorgie Road End in the last minute.

Ffs John, I forgot all about that.

The ground was absolutely rammed, 36k but probably even more.

I was in the high part of the Gorgie end.

In around the same area the next Tyney game, Callachan had us up 1-0 before Stanton equalised just after midnight.