16 years ago...Andy Davis incident.

rubyruby

Can't believe its been that long.I took my dad along to that game & the seethe from that Moment when Rangers got their penalty will never leave me.The cheating huns & GFA at their best. 

Can't find any you tube video on this now which is weird.

Miko was never the same again after that but im glad that he's doing so well now.

Skippy Doodle
4 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

Can't believe its been that long.I took my dad along to that game & the seethe from that Moment when Rangers got their penalty will never leave me.The cheating huns & GFA at their best. 

Miko was never the same again after that but im glad that he's doing so well now.

https://giphy.com/gifs/LXfjUGIpPOs0KoSoP5

john thomas
22 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Rife with corruption. Blatant to see. 

Good friend worked in the police with Davis . Neither he or even bluenose colleagues were in the slightest bit surprised by Davis' behaviour .

Angriest I've ever been at a game

22games nro

thought there was going to be severe crowd trouble, did Dallas not give it up after that game ?

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Good friend worked in the police with Davis . Neither he or even bluenose colleagues were in the slightest bit surprised by Davis' behaviour .

Angriest I've ever been at a game

Yep.  I watched the game in a pub - they replayed the "foul" several times to try to work out what had happened to cause Davis to stick his flag up.    Kyrgiakos was basically crowd-surfing on top of 2 or 3 of our players.  Unbelievable decision.

53 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Rife with corruption. Blatant to see. 

Yep - Davis and Dallas showing lodge solidarity.   The SFA suits closed ranks and slapped a 5 game ban on Miko, then tried to look magnanimous by reducing it to 3.  

Even McLeish after the game described the penalty as "being of the soft kind".     Quite an admission for a Rangers manager.   

We all suffer under normal circs but when Celtic and Rangers are nip and tuck for a title it goes into overdrive.

Cheated a year later, too, at Parkhead. 

Sky cameras, their rancid fan base watching from their armchairs in their Thellick taps, to see Celtic clinch the title. Roman Bednar in the dying seconds, clean through, clear penalty, did we get it?

And spoil Celtic's TV title party?

No feckin chance.

1 hour ago, rubyruby said:

Remember it too. I really liked Miko. Problem was every time a player went down Miko would get booked even more so following that Scotland game. The authorities failed to protect him from the abuse he received. Good to hear he's doing well.

Weakened Offender

One of the angriest nights at Tynecastle I can remember. They're deid now so it's all good. 👍

That was the moment I stopped laughing at the conspiracy theorists and accepted what my eyes had been seeing for decades : Scottish football has a major problem with cheating match officials.

Brines was also shocking in the 2-2 at Falkirk - a disgraceful performance. For a (then) copper to have such poor eyesight, his bosses must have been shit scared he ever got called up as a witness : the defence could just replay some of his dire reffing displays as a testimony to his unreliability. 

As for Dougie McDonald - that he didn't red card the Gretna keeper and award a blatant penalty in 2006  just says it all. 

The hate coming off the stands that night was palpable. It was a terrifically poisonous atmosphere, however I no longer hate Ricksen for sticking the pen away and celebrating like he’d won the World Cup, for obvious reasons. But I do wish Miko smashed Davis in the kisser, that would’ve elevated him to legendary in my book 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

The hate coming off the stands that night was palpable. It was a terrifically poisonous atmosphere, however I no longer hate Ricksen for sticking the pen away and celebrating like he’d won the World Cup, for obvious reasons. But I do wish Miko smashed Davis in the kisser, that would’ve elevated him to legendary in my book 👍🏻

Aye.  Loved the passion, I was in upper N basically looking right down at what was happening.  

bajthejambo

I was only 19 at the time and I've never felt like that since. In fact, something changed in me that night. It was a realisation of how truly corrupt Scottish football is.

Maloney's dive and Fyssas' red card was another example a few years later.  

Although the former incident didn't impact a title challenge like the latter, it highlights just how good a non OF team would have to be to win a league title in this Country. To the point that they couldn't "officiate" any other club out of it.

heartsfc_fan
17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye.  Loved the passion, I was in upper N basically looking right down at what was happening.  

Pretty sure there was a few folk on the roof of the John Robertson lounge.

Tynecastle was a proper bear pit that night.

Saint Jambo

One of the things about this incident which showed the Scottish football media mindset towards the Old Firm happened several weeks later. Hearts v Celtic second last game of the season and Hearts were 2-1 down in the final minute. Presley surged into the box and was taken down. Rather than give the penalty the ref sent Pressley off for a second yellow for simulation. Celtic won rather than drew and went on to win the league by 2 points the following week. The media response was that this was in the end ok because these things evened out over the course of the season. This just evened out the wrong award of the penalty Rangers had got against us thanks to Davis which also gained them 2 points. All was right with the world. Not a mention that not only had we lost points in both games as a result, we had also had players sent off in both as a direct result of this awful refereeing.  Pretty sure this was during the period we were being fined every season for our supposed ill-discipline.

The Davis incident is the worst bit of blatant cheating I have witnessed by a match official.  What was more sickening is that rather than focus on everything that was corrupt about the decision the media covered it up by turning all the attention on Miko.    

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Cost us a place in Europe iirc.

We were never really near getting into Europe that season.

We finished 5th and 11 points behind Aberdeen and Hibs.

It was only 3rd place that qualified for Europe that season. Fourth European spot went to Dundee Utd for winning cup and even if they hadn't won it we were never getting 4th in the league.

That aside it was a shameful night and not only were we cheated by a corrupt official we also had stiff penalties dished out in suspensions as well.

Those 2 extra points Rangers were handed won them the league. They were only ahead of Celtic by a point at the end thanks to Scott MacDonald's winners at Fir Park. 

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.  I watched the game in a pub - they replayed the "foul" several times to try to work out what had happened to cause Davis to stick his flag up.    Kyrgiakos was basically crowd-surfing on top of 2 or 3 of our players.  Unbelievable decision.

Yep - Davis and Dallas showing lodge solidarity.   The SFA suits closed ranks and slapped a 5 game ban on Miko, then tried to look magnanimous by reducing it to 3.  

Even McLeish after the game described the penalty as "being of the soft kind".     Quite an admission for a Rangers manager.   

Did that big hun Greek b....d no foul our player and he gave them the penalty ?😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

When that happened I had to walk out to stop myself getting lifted, and didn't even stay to see the penalty taken.

I've never been as angry at a match as that.

Genuinely the most blatant piece of cheating in Scottish football history. But Gerrard and Lennon said that their teams get unfairly treated by refs? 

There was a penalty against us a couple of years ago which was identical. Think it was against St Johnstone and son of Dallas might have been the ref iirc. 

Edited by DS98

The only bit of humour was the Rangers player hitting Gordon and getting a second yellow. He wanted the ball to throw for a corner 😄. Only the Greek was looking for a penalty.

Miko was unlucky his studs caught in the line marking so he skidded into Davis and bumped chests. It was an accident but allowed the media to focus on the "nasty" Hearts foreigner while the "OK" never-diving (ho ho) foreigner was rightly awarded a penalty........

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

I was only 19 at the time and I've never felt like that since. In fact, something changed in me that night. It was a realisation of how truly corrupt Scottish football is.

Maloney's dive and Fyssas' red card was another example a few years later.  

Although the former incident didn't impact a title challenge like the latter, it highlights just how good a non OF team would have to be to win a league title in this Country. To the point that they couldn't "officiate" any other club out of it.

Said this for years. You pretty much have to be perfect to win it. If any the two &$$ cheeks are in it then when you play them you can’t afford close games. You’d need to be up by 2 or 3 goals. Officials can always help them as witnessed when needed. The game sucks in Scotland. The Association helps them, the officials help them, the media helps them. Jeez we even have owners, managers and players of other teams who help them with their talking them up prior to playing them. Disgusting.

That incident and Takis getting sent off for nothing against THEM at new year's proved the Scottish game is rigged.

:seething:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The June dying, and their dream of 55 titles ending, still hasn't made up for that. Still despise the Hun *****.

5 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

2nd angriest for me - top by some distance was 01/01/2006. I generally don't get too angry at games but I was absolutely raging after another refereeing masterclass from Brines handed Celtic the win. 

this

22games nro

Watching that brings it all back, I’m raging again ! Thought as time had passed I’d maybe remembered it only through maroon tinted glasses , no way was as bad as I remembered it 

20 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Huns only cheat on days that have a y in them.

Thing is, they didn’t even cheat that night. They were claiming for a corner and were just as gobsmacked as everyone else when the pen was awarded.

I also remember a game against Rangers when Allan MacGregor came charging out the side of the box and landing a flying kick into the side of Andy Driver which went completely unpunished. Can't recall the exact game unfortunately but raging in equal measure to original thread posting. 

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, Mighty jam said:

I also remember a game against Rangers when Allan MacGregor came charging out the side of the box and landing a flying kick into the side of Andy Driver which went completely unpunished. Can't recall the exact game unfortunately but raging in equal measure to original thread posting. 

MacGregor dropped kicked Callum Elliot at Tynecastle with no punishment given

Ally Alexander
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

MacGregor dropped kicked Callum Elliot at Tynecastle with no punishment given

Free kick was awarded to Rangers!

Guest ToqueJambo

Probably the one incident in football involving Hearts that still makes my blood boil every time I think about it. Not just that but the response from the media and authorities to Miko, who was what 20 at the time? Almost trying to destroy a promising young player's career before it had started. Disgusting and, let's not beat about the bush, xenophobic. 

On 03/03/2021 at 01:51, Weakened Offender said:

One of the angriest nights at Tynecastle I can remember. They're deid now so it's all good. 👍

Deid.  😂😂😂😂

I think that calls for a lunchtime pint.

Bazzas right boot

One of the few times I felt pure hate at a football game. 

Miko should have put his fist through the fat tadgers face, at least he'd have been banned for something proper. 

Fat, cheating, hun *******. 

19 hours ago, Morlich said:

Can't even watch it again. I don't need that level of anger and frustration.  Still furious.

I feel the seethe rising just by seeing the cheating *****'s name in the thread title.

Ironically I do realise by posting on the thread it keeps it on page 1 for longer...