Player of the Year Nominees-2020/21 Season?

SomethingAboutObua

heartsfc_fan

Gordon

Boyce at a push.

Shame as after the first few games Kingsley looked a stick on for it but his form hasn't been that great recently.

Berra than you

Boyce then Gordon. Walker could have been on with a shout had he played more regularly/if he has a strong finish.

Jeffros Furios

Craig Gordon brings a sense of calm to the team 

Boyce has been good in spells but Gordon has shown consistency .

No other player deserves a mention .

Saint Jambo
7 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Withhold it.

I get that we've not been great all season, but winning the league and not giving out player of the year...

There are a few of our fans that currently seem to get absolutely zero joy from following Hearts. I genuinely think some of them would benefit from taking a break from football, Hearts and especially JKB for the next few months and pick it up again when the new season starts. Hopefully come back fresh and find some happiness in following Hearts again.

In topic, I'd agree between Boyce and Gordon. If Boyce keeps up his scoring form for the next month that is where my vote would go, if not then probably Gordon for consistency.

Edited by Saint Jambo

Says it all that our player of the year in the Championship might well be our keeper. He should have had nothing to do all season but we have actually relied on him to make a lot of important saves.

Gordon has barely any defensive support and Boyce barely any attacking support.

Not bad for a team with 65-70% possession in many games.

• 3 weeks later...
Billy Hoyle

Craig Gordon. No question about it. I expect Liam Boyce to score at least 20 goals in this league and he has had the chances to do it. Missed way too many good opportunities. 
Gordon is the only consistently good player we have. 

Kirky Jambo

Gordon.

Boyce a clear second. Have to admit I’m surprised how many would have Boyce over Gordon, I really rate Boyce but he hasn’t scored that many from open play this season in a dud league

Gordon for me.

Which is embarrasing in itself really. Should be the strikers in this league but excluding penalties our strikers have scored the bare minimum.

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Very telling that the runaway winner of this in any poll would be the one player not coached by Neilson.

And the one position that he can’t actually strangle the life out of

Robbo-Jambo

Craig Gordon by a mile. 

Liam Boyce runner up. 

Lucky to find a third candidate tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, 151 said:

Gordon for me.

Which is embarrasing in itself really. Should be the strikers in this league but excluding penalties our strikers have scored the bare minimum.

Bare minimum... Plus 27 gd. 

We have a better gd than the rest of the league combined... 

Robbo-Jambo
On 01/03/2021 at 23:11, gnasher75 said:

Says it all that our player of the year in the Championship might well be our keeper. He should have had nothing to do all season but we have actually relied on him to make a lot of important saves.

Good point. 

Who would have thought at the start of the season our goalie would be probably be POY, or for that matter, even a defender. 🤔

VagabondJambo

Craig Gordon.

Not one other “player” comes close .  .  . to even being nominated!

Edited by VagabondJambo

lost in space

Craig Gordon by a mile.

Boyce is second because of how hard he works. Would be equal second with about 6 others if it was for anything else (like abolity).

If we are talking about the championship it will be

Charlie Adam, it was virtually decided before the season started, you could tell by the narrative in the press the love for “ex-Rangers ace Charlie Adam “ was obvious, the decision was made before a ball was kicked in the championship. (It’s a stick on, won’t matter how many points Hearts win the league by)

Our top player without a doubt has been Liam Boyce

WheatfieldWarrior

Gordon has played well, but honestly I think he hasn't had that much to do.

Boyce and walker in with a shout too.  Smith would be in the mix, but some errors in the last few games.

No Idle Talk

Truthfully I don't think anybody has really stood out or been head and shoulders above the rest.

If I absolutely had to compile a shortlist of three candidates I would probably go for Craig Gordon, Stephen Kingsley and Liam Boyce. Andy Irving and Jamie Walker have had their moments but the consistency hasn't quite been there for those two.