Mafia - a basic mafia game

Stuart McNeill

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
33 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Or we can have 2 investigations tonight and 1 tomorrow night

If the ST can't do both in one night then it opens Vlad up to the goons tonight?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Smack

• Peakybunnet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't think anyone's saying Vlad shouldn't be saved by the ST, just that if the ST can do more than one action then they should also investigate someone? 

I think it makes sense to do two tonight if we can but not the end of the world if not. 

yvonnejambo

I think we need a plan on who should be investigated? 
if everyone chooses a player for cop to investigate and for the ST to investigate (if the ST can investigate and save tonight) 

Needs everyone or most to say their choices so it doesn’t give away the cop and ST though.

So I would say cop investigates  Sheldon and ST Seats

Obviously we have a lynch to work out too.. 

yvonnejambo

Oh and I’m happy to be investigated if it helps, but I am just a townie again. 

Tenaciousdandy

Think the cop should investigate one of the quieter players as they usually plod along unnoticed possibly Prince 

ST could investigate Sheldon or Ian 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'll say it again, don't waste an investigation on me. Lynch me instead if there's any suspicion. Let the cop find the roled players and build up a better trust list than a townie who may or may not get turned by the goons.

10 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I think we need a plan on who should be investigated? 
if everyone chooses a player for cop to investigate and for the ST to investigate (if the ST can investigate and save tonight) 

Needs everyone or most to say their choices so it doesn’t give away the cop and ST though.

So I would say cop investigates  Sheldon and ST Seats

Obviously we have a lynch to work out too.. 

Happy to be investigated,but i'm suspicious of your sudden turn on me for no obvious reason. You deflecting?

Rudi Skacel

I think we should gamble. Use the extra investigation. If vlad survives tonight then ST saves him tomorrow. 

give the goons a dilemma. Do they go for the easy kill or try and get the turncoat. 

lets put them under pressure

Prince Buaben

Happy to be investigated. realise I've been so quiet. had a lot ok and toiled to get into the game.

21 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

I think we should gamble. Use the extra investigation. If vlad survives tonight then ST saves him tomorrow. 

give the goons a dilemma. Do they go for the easy kill or try and get the turncoat. 

lets put them under pressure

I'd only use the 2 investigations IF the ST can perform the save at the same time.

We've already lost a mason so leaving Vlad unprotected unncessarily is a bit of a risky move, we're in a good position we don't need to go shooting ourselves in the foot now. Obviously if they hit the turncoat it's not ideal but the odds are fairly slim and I'd rather they hit them now while we don't really have many folk trusted than later in the game when we'd have to disregard bigger trust lists. 

I'd have the cop investigate Sheldon and the ST investigate Dandy. If either of them are lynched then sub in Rudi. 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

I'd only use the 2 investigations IF the ST can perform the save at the same time.

We've already lost a mason so leaving Vlad unprotected unncessarily is a bit of a risky move, we're in a good position we don't need to go shooting ourselves in the foot now. Obviously if they hit the turncoat it's not ideal but the odds are fairly slim and I'd rather they hit them now while we don't really have many folk trusted than later in the game when we'd have to disregard bigger trust lists. 

I'd have the cop investigate Sheldon and the ST investigate Dandy. If either of them are lynched then sub in Rudi. 

I agree with this, personally I think we are better to save vlad and use the investigation tomorrow night when tje doc can save him 

Happy to be investigated will come back as a townie so at least can be added to the trust list until the turncoat is hit if that does happen 

Edited by Tenaciousdandy
Spelling

Peakybunnet

Do we know who uses the assassin account? 

If not would be as well getting him or her identified as well to get out of the road.

The profile was set up in July last year so who still alive was playing then?

I never understand this 'happy to be investigated' chat. You'll get investigated whether you're happy about it or not 😁

Nobody giving much away, difficult to know who is who although I think I might have a few people roughly where they belong. 

For now I'll vote a quieter player and see if it wakes them up, also a slight continuation of the grudge match.

Vote Nunya

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

If not would be as well getting him or her identified as well to get out of the road.

Boof set up the assassin account t and give the mod the log in details to use on a game to game basis 

2 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

I think I read somewhere the account was set up by Boof and the login details are given to whoever the assassin is in any given game if the mod wants to use it? Not necessarily someone who was around back then. 

Edited by Jamboross

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

Boof controls it and passes it to the game mod if they want it.

Peakybunnet
3 minutes ago, Smack said:

Boof controls it and passes it to the game mod if they want it.

Ok I never got it 2 games ago. Can you confirm you got this Stuart?

Just now, Peakybunnet said:

Of course he did. Do you think someone just goes rogue and becomes the assassin? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Depends if the mod allows anytime kills or not 

Peakybunnet
14 minutes ago, Smack said:

Of course he did. Do you think someone just goes rogue and becomes the assassin? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fair enough, but should be used every game to avoid confusion. 

Its the the first time I have seen it used and didn't know. 

3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Woooo 

Some mods (me) don't use the assassin account and some do 

Wooooo

Wooo

And I'll ask in the start-up thread or just as the game starts if the mod wants to use it.

wooo

Stuart McNeill
6 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Fair enough, but should be used every game to avoid confusion. 

Its the the first time I have seen it used and didn't know. 

The current assassin is running the account. I've allowed them to use it so it can be used and it impact the game instantly.

Peakybunnet
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Wooo

And I'll ask in the start-up thread or just as the game starts if the mod wants to use it.

wooo

Thanks never got that one but think you missed my game. 

yvonnejambo
6 minutes ago, Seats said:

Not sure what the script is but

vote yvonne

She's at it 🤪

Got you worried? 

Riddley Walker

I'm aware I've been quiet today. Been rough as **** and therefore questioning my own existence, as well as having an arsehole of a day at work. 

Will have a wee read through when the wee one goes to bed. 

Stuart McNeill

Vote count.

Sheldon - 2

Smack - 1

Nunya - 1

Smack - 1

Yvonne - 1

No doubt someone will probably tell me this is wrong.

Just a heads up. I was expecting a few chilled days but I've just been accepted for a new house so I'm a little bit busier tonight organising my stuff. So may not get another vote count in before deadline.

yvonnejambo

So we have 

2. peaky -known good

4. rudi

5. ian

6. yvonne

7. nunya

8. Sheldon

9. smack

12. sean

13. vlad -known good 

14. gofs

15. riddley

16. ross

17. seats

18. dandy

21. bunny

25. prince

2 goons

assassin and spotter team

Cop and 2 mason team

On their own

Doc

ST

7 townies (1 turncoat) 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

Vote count.

Sheldon - 2

Smack - 1

Nunya - 1

Smack - 1

Yvonne - 1

Just a heads up. I was expecting a few chilled days but I've just been accepted for a new house so I'm a little bit busier tonight organising my stuff. So may not get another vote count in before deadline.

Not got around to doing my spreadsheet yet so won't be me that corrects you if it is wrong 

That's brilliant good luck in your new home, hopefully hear about the new job soon as well 

The Hogfather

Sorry, I’ve had a quiet day today due to non-stop meetings and then a 5km walk after work. Are we going to decide on who gets investigated by both the ST and the cop? 

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Vote count.

Sheldon - 2

Smack - 1

Nunya - 1

Smack - 1

Yvonne - 1

Congratulations Stuart!

yvonnejambo
3 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Vote count.

Sheldon - 2

Smack - 1

Nunya - 1

Smack - 1

Yvonne - 1

Yes good news about the house, but before you go off.. does the ST get to use more than 1 power on the same night? 

Riddley Walker

Before any ***** starts with the 'Riddley quiet so must be a goon chat' I'd like to point out that I openly said Boof is a goon on day 1, as well as voting for Alim. Give me some trust up in here. 

Stuart McNeill
4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Congratulations Stuart!

Thanks 😁

3 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Yes good news about the house, but before you go off.. does the ST get to use more than 1 power on the same night? 

Unlike the spotter. The ST can only use 1 power per night

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Good news Stuart, congrats.

I forgot I didn't even have a vote placed to be honest.  For now I am going to

Vote Ross

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 minute ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Thanks 😁

Unlike the spotter. The ST can only use 1 power per night

Save Vlad tonight whoever you are.

4 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Before any ***** starts with the 'Riddley quiet so must be a goon chat' I'd like to point out that I openly said Boof is a goon on day 1, as well as voting for Alim. Give me some trust up in here. 

I don't think you're a goon. Just a prick.

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Smack said:

I don't think you're a goon. Just a prick.

Words are like bullets, and I let them pass straight through me. 

Just the cop to investigate tonight then and the ST needs to make sure and save Vlad. Doc can save again tomorrow and we can get two investigations away then. 

Gonna Vote GOFS for now as other than slight suspicions on Sheldon there's nothing really to go on atm. 

Bunny Munro

My card on the table.

As I've said before, I'd use two investigations only if the ST can also protect Vlad aswell as investigating. If The ST can not use both I'd prioritize saving Vlad and we can have two investigations tomorrow (unless the goons get exceptionally lucky).

I would investigate the following

Cop: Investigate Prince

ST: Investigate Sheldon

As for who to lynch tonight, I'm happy to be a sacrifice if the town want an easy kill, just a townie so no chance of hitting a good roled player and one potential less turncoat in play. 'Taking one for the team' so to speak.

Bunny Munro
Just now, Bunny Munro said:

My card on the table.

As I've said before, I'd use two investigations only if the ST can also protect Vlad aswell as investigating. If The ST can not use both I'd prioritize saving Vlad and we can have two investigations tomorrow (unless the goons get exceptionally lucky).

I would investigate the following

Cop: Investigate Prince

ST: Investigate Sheldon

As for who to lynch tonight, I'm happy to be a sacrifice if the town want an easy kill, just a townie so no chance of hitting a good roled player and one potential less turncoat in play. 'Taking one for the team' so to speak.

Right forget all of that, just seen Stuarts post.

I'd have the ST to save Vlad. I'd be less keen to be a sacrfice if the town aint getting two investigations out of it. 🤣