Mafia - a basic mafia game

Stuart McNeill

1. shapes - Not to quiet but not full on shapes gung ho as of yet. 

2. peaky - Been fairly active

3. alim - Should always be trusted

4. rudi  - 3/4 posts so far (including vote on me)

5. ian - Pops up now and again

6. yvonne - barely a peep

7. nunya - Few posts

8. Sheldon - Few posts here or here

9. smack - Smack being usual smack.

10. andy - Not been the usual first day andy so far. Maybe being told to reign it in? Doesn't mean goon though but rolled IMO

11. boof - Boof, where are you boof? 

12. sean - Two/three post including a vote 

13. vlad - Vlad has been quiet. 

14. gofs - floats by most games without suspicion without posting all that much.

15. riddley - Biggest cop out voting for me.

16. ross - Been fairly active.

17. seats - not seen much of seats today

18. dandy - usual dandy so far, plenty posts

19. dunks - does his usual, pops in, tries to stir it a bit, fecks off.

21. bunny - not seen much of mr bunny yet

25. prince - Again, barely a peep

Fully appreciate this is day one but this is following a similar pattern...day one vote sees innocent player voted out because potential goons sitting whilst townies pick each other of

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Smack

• Peakybunnet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

vote Alim

**** it.

:rofl:

Ach well, no point fighting it. Just going to sit by and watch carnage unfold again on day one

Edited by AlimOzturk

Stuart McNeill
50 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Think you've missed Smack's vote on me. Had a quick scan through and haven't seen a post where it's been changed.

Of course, I'm more than happy for you to continue to ignore any votes that come my way!

Thanks Ross.

As they say, third time lucky. Might get the next one correct 😂.

Alim - 5

Riddley - 3 

Dunks - 2 

Dandy - 2 

Vlad - 2 

Smack - 2

Shapes - 1 

Prince - 1 

Ian - 1 

Bunny - 1

Ross - 1

37 minutes ago, Boof said:

Any prospective modkills?

No point losing 2 townies in a one-er...unless we bag a goon through voting. @Stuart McNeill...does this town have a 34th Street?

Nah, everyone has now voted.

Bunny Munro
7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

7. nunya - Few posts

10. andy - Not been the usual first day andy so far. Maybe being told to reign it in? Doesn't mean goon though but rolled IMO

14. gofs - floats by most games without suspicion without posting all that much.

Fully appreciate this is day one but this is following a similar pattern...day one vote sees innocent player voted out because potential goons sitting whilst townies pick each other of

Fair comment, it is a working day though and not much to discuss.

Prince Buaben

Just so we can dispel this barley a peep nonsense i have a fair bit on today. Just a townie so would be no loss. Itd just day one though so nothing much to say so far 

ps I won't be on at deadline as I'm up early for work.

14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

7. nunya - Few posts

I'm still at work. Didn't join the thread until I got to work this morning so won't be 'more' active until 7pm when I'm home. I think I'm the 4th most active poster and if someone has told me to "reign it in" it wouldn't work. If I was quiet I'd be an easy target.

3 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

There's always something to discuss. Although you do tend to keep your cards welded to your chest. Interesting 'revenge' votes could be seen as a cop out. Alim seems to be on the brink of tears. Andy unable to tell the difference between me and Shapes (happens more often than you'd think), a few notable low posters, a few usual suspects posting nowt, it takes 2 minutes to bash out some shite ffs. That said, starting the game on a school night does lead to a notable drop off in people posting from the heart.

In response to Alim's haverings...I'm here.

But won't be after 7pm for...however long I'm not here.

Tenaciousdandy
21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

7. nunya - Few posts

What you really mean is "man he slavers some p1sh"

Decent summary of how it's going so far tho 

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

I always find that the gif count is more important than the post count

tenor.gif

Edited by Dunks

7 minutes ago, Smack said:

There's always something to discuss. Although you do tend to keep your cards welded to your chest. Interesting 'revenge' votes could be seen as a cop out. Alim seems to be on the brink of tears. Andy unable to tell the difference between me and Shapes (happens more often than you'd think), a few notable low posters, a few usual suspects posting nowt, it takes 2 minutes to bash out some shite ffs. That said, starting the game on a school night does lead to a notable drop off in people posting from the heart.

No tears from me if I am going to lynched then so be. Can't fight the fact I have annoyed a few folk in recent games. If they want to get their revenge then best this game as I am not a major loss rather than a good rolled player.

Bunny Munro
12 minutes ago, Smack said:

Fair point.

Anyone noticed Smacks been a bit more snarky than normal?

12 minutes ago, Smack said:

See failed attempt to secure PS5 for details. 

I've given up for now. Apparently two drops per month from now on, so will wait until nearer the Summer and Alfie's birthday.

I normally get an early vote in on day 1 then spraff a bit of guff and see what transpires. The run up to deadline will be interesting. Willing to bet the goons are well chuffed Alim is being hit. 1st day lynch's are always dodgy 🤔

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Will certainly be interesting to look back if Alim is indeed a townie or a good role.

The Hogfather
56 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

That's my excuse today. Pretty hectic day at work so I had to have a lie down straight after. Had a wee read through again but it's only day 1, I'm not going to read into anything just yet.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Will certainly be interesting to look back if Alim is indeed a townie or a good role.

If Alim is a good role then there's no chance he's being lynched imo. Unless he's the Doc or ST 🤦🏽‍♂️

If he's either then at least he can save himself then be saved again tonight and tomorrow through his own save then the Doc/ST save but I think it's unlikely he is either of those roles.

6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

If Alim is a good role then there's no chance he's being lynched imo. Unless he's the Doc or ST 🤦🏽‍♂️

If he's either then at least he can save himself then be saved again tonight and tomorrow through his own save then the Doc/ST save but I think it's unlikely he is either of those roles.

Doesn't work like that. Have seen plenty masons lose their lives on day one because even with their buddies there isn't enough folk to save them. Sean and sheldon are two who immediately come to life that have suffered that fate. All it takes is someone to stick the knife in at the end like dandy did last game and there's nothing that can be done

Can't save himself from a lynching...that'll be down to his buddies. If he has any 🤷‍♂️

I'm away for a wee while.

Stay safe.

Don't do anything daft - unless you're a goon...

metal fail GIF

13 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Doesn't work like that. Have seen plenty masons lose their lives on day one because even with their buddies there isn't enough folk to save them. Sean and sheldon are two who immediately come to life that have suffered that fate. All it takes is someone to stick the knife in at the end like dandy did last game and there's nothing that can be done

TBF Sean was killed by one his fellow masons :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

While the other one took a post work nap and missed the whole thing then got taken out by the assassin at night  :rofl:

Peakybunnet
10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

FFS, he was already in the lead. 😜

Well, despite my claims to the contrary I don't really know what's what. My vote is doing nothing at the moment. Alim might be a goon, his list will be useful if he is.

Randy Dandy never attracts much heat early on it seems so I'll stick him on 3 and see if anything happens. Looking for that chink in his armour as much as anything, he's a hard man to rile.

Unvote Ross

Vote Dandy

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
33 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

If the doctor (as an example) is having to out themselves on night one to avoid being lynched then there has been a monumental cock up somewhere.

You say there's no chance of him being lynched but you did just extend his lead in the voting.  There's no reason for mad voting close to the deadline if the goons are happy with how things are placed.

Peakybunnet

Well, despite my claims to the contrary I don't really know what's what. My vote is doing nothing at the moment. Alim might be a goon, his list will be useful if he is.

Randy Dandy never attracts much heat early on it seems so I'll stick him on 3 and see if anything happens. Looking for that chink in his armour as much as anything, he's a hard man to rile.

Unvote Ross

Vote Dandy

Not sure if mucking about or trying to take the heat off somebody else. 

3 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Not sure if mucking about or trying to take the heat off somebody else. 

Don't think Ross was attracting a lot of heat tbh. More info to be gained from making things interesting near the top, but if I'm being cautioned....noted.

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, Smack said:

Unvote Ross

Vote Dandy

I have no chinks, you should know that by now smack, also just a townie here so no grrrring from me, if I do end up in the mix so be it, not gone on day 1 in a while if ever

Peakybunnet
2 minutes ago, Smack said:

Don't think Ross was attracting a lot of heat tbh. More info to be gained from making things interesting near the top, but if I'm being cautioned....noted.

Just an obo. I dont know anything so Im not trying to save anybody. 

5 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I have no chinks, you should know that by now smack, also just a townie here so no grrrring from me, if I do end up in the mix so be it, not gone on day 1 in a while if ever

Everyone has a chink. Although you do make me wonder. I flat out suggested a fellow player was pegging Mrs Dandy and you didn't even flinch.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Smack said:

Everyone has a chink. Although you do make me wonder. I flat out suggested a fellow player was pegging Mrs Dandy and you didn't even flinch.

That's because I only let things that could actually happen bother me 😂

Tenaciousdandy
54 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

If the doctor (as an example) is having to out themselves on night one to avoid being lynched then there has been a monumental cock up somewhere.

You say there's no chance of him being lynched but you did just extend his lead in the voting.  There's no reason for mad voting close to the deadline if the goons are happy with how things are placed.

You know that's not going to happen, it feels like everyone is just going to sit quietly until just before deadline then go mental and give Stuart a sore head 😂

Is there an up-to-date vote count?

The way it's going it looks like the goons are happy for Alim to be in the lead... Either that or waiting until 5 mins before deadline and go mental. 

But surely that would be way too obvious?

Tenaciousdandy
2 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Thanks Ross.

As they say, third time lucky. Might get the next one correct 😂.

Alim - 5

Riddley - 3 

Dunks - 2 

Dandy - 2 

Vlad - 2 

Smack - 2

Shapes - 1 

Prince - 1 

Ian - 1 

Bunny - 1

Ross - 1

Nah, everyone has now voted.

1 hour ago, Smack said:

Unvote Ross

Vote Dandy

2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

The way it's going it looks like the goons are happy for Alim to be in the lead... Either that or waiting until 5 mins before deadline and go mental. 

Only change from that one is me and Ross I'm now on 3 and Ross is on 0

Peakybunnet
4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Dont think he is a goon, just a victim from the last game. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
5 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

You voted for him, what's your excuse?

Just now, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

You voted for him, what's your excuse?

I didn't have one to be honest. I've talked myself into what I said in my last post and think it's all too quiet because the goons are happy for him to be in the lead so there's nothing for them to do.

Bunny Munro

Day 1 is always the same. Goons sit back and watch a Good player gets voted off and then town start looking at each other.

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Let's make this interesting 

unvote alim

Vote smack 

5 way tie including me 

I'm game! Let Sean be the judge 😁

Riddley Walker
10 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Not even taking the piss but this is the exact patter you were coming out with last game when you were a goon. 

Then next vote you save Alim. 

Stuart McNeill

Alim - 3

Riddley - 3 

Dunks - 3

Dandy - 3

Smack - 3

Vlad - 2 

Shapes - 1 

Prince - 1 

Ian - 1 

Bunny - 1

vote count #4

Tenaciousdandy

I'm game! Let Sean be the judge 😁

Ah but what if you and Sean are goons? 

source-4.gif

21 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Not even taking the piss but this is the exact patter you were coming out with last game when you were a goon. 

Then next vote you save Alim. 

It's day 1.