Mafia - a basic mafia game

Stuart McNeill

Stuart McNeill

Evening guys, Sorry it's taken so long to get this started. I was going with a mario themed one but decided against it. Keep it simple at least for the first one. Also please try keep it easy to mod.

Roles:

Goons (5): Can talk together via pm. They get 1 kill per night.

Cop + Masons Team(4 ):Working as a team and can chat together in pm. Cop can investigate someone each night. 

Doc(1): Can save 1 person during the night time acitivities. Cannot save the same person on two consecutive nights.

assassin and spotter(2): The assassin gets 3 kills alongside the the spotter getting 3 investigations. If the spotter is able to spot 3 roled players with their investigations I will grant them a bonus kill.

Turncoat(1): A normal townie but will become a goon if the goons try to kill them at night. The turncoat is considered unroled unless they are turned. They don’t know their role in the game. If the doc saves them while the goons try to turn them, the description on the main thread night sequence will simply be that the goons tried to kill them.

I will inform you all on the main thread of the turncoat is lynched.

Super Townie (1) : A Super Townie who has the ability to perform 1 kill, 1 investigation and 1 save during each night sequence. The save will be overruled by the goon superkill. The ST is considered roled while they still have a power left. Once they have used all powers they’re considered a normal townie and therefore unroled.

Townies(7): Regular townsfolk who have no powers and just want their town left in peace.

Rules:

Anyone can vote and unvote for whoever they please. Please put all votes/unvotes in bold please E.G. vote Stuart/unvote Stuart. I won’t accept any votes/unvotes that aren’t in bold. Don’t edit any posts that contain a vote/unvote. These will be disregarded.

You can bluff or hint at your role in the game but if you outright tell anyone of your role, whether lying or telling the truth,then you will be modkilled. Everyone can of course claim to be just a townie.

I will deal with the night time activities in the following order: DOC-COP-SUPER TOWNIE-GOONS-ASSASSIN.

Can I ask all roled players to get their night choices into me ASAP.

Deadline will be 9pm each night or at my own discretion. I will call night at 9pm by my own clock. Any votes/unvotes after I’ve called it will not count. So you mess about with your voting at your own risk.

Anyone who doesn’t vote will be banned from the following days voting. Unless an early lynch occurs.

First day non voters will receive a warning and will be mod killed if they don’t post on day 2. This will not be the case in the event of an early lynch.

You can chat during the night sequence. But only “come on town”, “well done goons” type chat. No game chat is permitted. I’ll punish players who misbehave at night. I will be strict with this as there has been a lot of night chat recently.

Enjoy!

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Smack

• Peakybunnet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuart McNeill

oh I forgot to add in the rules. Assassin doesn't get to blow their beans day 1.

EDIT : kills can be at anytime

Edited by Stuart McNeill

Stuart McNeill

1. shapes

2. peaky

3. alim

4. rudi

5. ian

6. yvonne

7. nunya

8. Sheldon

9. smack

10. andy

11. boof

12. sean

13. vlad

14. gofs

15. riddley

16. ross

17. seats

18. dandy

19. dunks

21. bunny

25. prince

Tenaciousdandy

Cop and masons together so would be no point in using bs, altho there is no point in me even saying that as I'm just a townie again thankfully so couldn't use bs even if it was of any use 

vote seats

for not knowing the player list without it being posted 😋

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Feels like ages since the last game which says a lot about how frequent they were!

Have passed over my masonic baton to allow someone else the opportunity. Just a townie and looking forward to some goon hunting.

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Seats said:

vote dandy

For the worst voting excuse ever 🤪

It's better than the wheel of lies lol

Just a townie, boring! 

I'm gonna Vote Dunks for now, just 'cos he was was intrumental in my lyching last time out and I'm petty like that 😂

yvonnejambo

Evening everyone, just a townie again and can’t use bs cos it wouldn’t work in this game. 

Goon list

Alim

Sean

Sheldon

Vlad

Ian 

Two votes and one investigation on me already..obviously pissed off some folk off in recent games 😂

Anyways, 

Vote peaky

returning the favour. 

Thanks Stuart for organising and running the game.

Usual vote for the last person to vote vote.

Vote Riddley

Tenaciousdandy

goon list

peaky

yvonne

shapes

for showing off and having goon lists on page 1 

Edited by Tenaciousdandy
added shapes to the show off list

Evening all. BS not an issue in this so wouldn’t use it. Couldn’t have used it anyway.

Simple townie here.

I promise to keep the heid in this game 😁

13 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Just a townie, boring! 

I'm gonna Vote Dunks for now, just 'cos he was was intrumental in my lyching last time out and I'm petty like that 😂

I'll take that

:verysmug:

15 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Goon list

Alim

Boof

Seats

Smack

Sheldon

Aw sweet. You've just picked your faves 🥰🥰🥰

Tenaciousdandy
47 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Two votes and one investigation on me already..obviously pissed off some folk off in recent games 😂

Anyways, 

Vote peaky

returning the favour. 

unvote seats

vote alim

3 😁

tenor-8.gif

Stuart McNeill

please read.

it seems that I never filled in the assassin role info. (I did read it about 5 times making sure I never missed anything - obviously never helped.

Assassin(1)/Spotter(1): Work as a team and can communicate in pm. The assassin has 3 kills that they can use at any time day or night (Day 2 onwards) . The Spotter has 3 investigations that they can use during any night sequence. They may use as many or as little as the like at any one time. The investigation will simply come back as roled (goon ,cop,mason,Doc,Supertownie (unless the super townie has used all their powers)). Or unroled (Townie/ turncoat (unless turned, in which case they become a normal goon and will flash up as roled) The super townie will flash up as unroled if they’ve used all their powers. 

If the spotter finds 3 roled players with their investigations, I will grant them a bonus kill for the assassin.

If the assassin is killed before the spotter. Then the spotter also leaves the game. In this scenario, the all spotter may revenge kill someone but only if the assassin has any kills left.

I just want to clarify for everyone as obviously now I can't edit the the first post.

Sorry for causing any confusion

1 hour ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Evening guys, Sorry it's taken so long to get this started. I was going with a mario themed one but decided against it. Keep it simple at least for the first one. Also please try keep it easy to mod.

Ah, well. Can I still be Yoshi anyway?

Goons (5): Can talk together via pm. They get 1 kill per night.

FIVE goons... 😟

Cop + Masons Team(4 ):Working as a team and can chat together in pm. Cop can investigate someone each night. 

Renders BS unnecessary. 

I will deal with the night time activities in the following order: DOC-COP-SUPER TOWNIE-GOONS-ASSASSIN.

Do you plan any announcement of the Spotter's investigation? Also...where do they come in the order of activities? Could be handy for the assassin to get the result if it happens to be a night the goons whack the spotter...maybe?

Enjoy!

One can but try... :D

G'luck with the modding...

Wonderful to be along for MAFIA: Basic Mafia Game 🙄 

Lucky I'm here really, got sidetracked by what looked like a mentally challenged bird of prey earlier. Curious incident.

I think Stuart might have chosen the 5 weakest players as goons, so my goon list is:

Riddley

Andy 

Alim

Ross

Sheldon

Vote Ross

We'll know immediately if Andy the Puny is roled if he sprays in this direction or not.

2 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Getting that in early this game smack 

Just while I remember 😁 Don't want to be pushing up daisies when it occurs to me.

20 minutes ago, Smack said:

Lucky I'm here really, got sidetracked by what looked like a mentally challenged bird of prey earlier. Curious incident.

I think Stuart might have chosen the 5 weakest players as goons, so my goon list is:

Riddley

Andy 

Alim

Ross

Sheldon

Vote Ross

We'll know immediately if Andy the Puny is roled if he sprays in this direction or not.

tenor.gif

Edited by AlimOzturk

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Smack said:

Just while I remember 😁 Don't want to be pushing up daisies when it occurs to me.

I'll be sure to visit your grave and wave my fist angrily in the air at the assassin while I'm there, unless your a goon of course then it will be a 

tenor-9.gif

200-1.gif

1 minute ago, Smack said:

Weak. Very weak.

see now

still learning how to post gifs. 

prefer memes myself

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

see now

still learning how to post gifs. 

prefer memes myself

I don't know how to post them on here on the laptop, have to jump onto my mobile when i want to post a gif lol

31 minutes ago, Smack said:

Riddley

Andy 

Alim

Ross

Sheldon

Vote Ross

giphy.gif

This little guppy ain't for biting, some of the others though...

I'm more interested in the mentally challenged bird of prey, do tell! 😂