Beer Shops

Jeff

Feel like trying some new beers or IPA's. Can anyone recommend an online shop that has a good range and decent prices?

Seen beerhawk mentioned before but have tried a fair few in the packs they do

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

beer52

Used to get adverts through the door for them but never thought to try. Might give them a bash

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Cornelius at the top of Easter Road do deliveries and always had a good selection of different beers when I lived near it. 

https://corneliusbeers.com

No longer in EH but I might pop by when I'm next in the city and have a look. Cheers

15 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

not quite what you've asked for but crossborders brewery (near dalkeith) do some great beers and deliver. Support local.

https://shop.crossborders.beer/mixed-cases-gift-packs

Introductory variety pack £15 (free delivery to edinburgh postcodes too)

Im not connected to them, but i like the place and the beer

Will check them out cheers.

Im just looking to try new beers and seen a few places doing boxes of 12 or so different beers to try

https://www.flavourly.com/

seem to do a lot of Facebook advertising. I got a mixed case of things I'd never buy for myself just to test them. Didn't keep any record of what I liked or didn't so might have to try 'em again next time they do a cheapo offer.

Some of it was fine - some a bit fruity for my taste in beer.

Just now, Jeff said:

Will check them out cheers.

Im just looking to try new beers and seen a few places doing boxes of 12 or so different beers to try

Aye I know the sort of thing you mean.

If you are ever near Dalkeith then eskbank trading have a cracking variety of mostly Scottish/UK beers.

Crossborders are my fav though. In normal times they open up the tap room at weekends 

Obviously its all their own but there's a good variety. I personally like 'wee braw'.

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

https://www.flavourly.com/

seem to do a lot of Facebook advertising. I got a mixed case of things I'd never buy for myself just to test them. Didn't keep any record of what I liked or didn't so might have to try 'em again next time they do a cheapo offer.

Some of it was fine - some a bit fruity for my taste in beer.

Looks good. Cheers for the heads up

Beer 52 is alright. It'll certainly broaden your palette and give you a totally different outlook on just how many different beers are out there. But after a year, I got bored, and haven't found myself hunting down any of the beers I tried at all tbh. Bit of fun, but the novelty wore off for me.

Beer Hawk is definitely a decent website. Also The Fine Wine company take online orders and have a great wee range of beers.

9 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Never tried any of these so will give it a bash but yeah the 'create your own mix' pack is the sort of thing I'm after

One more...

https://www.cairngormbrewery.com/

I prefer Cairngorm to Skye brewery. I didn't suggest it initially as my local Morrisons do stock it, so wasn't sure it was different enough for what you were looking for.

Nice beer though. Entire range only £1.99 a bottle and can mix and match. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

not quite what you've asked for but crossborders brewery (near dalkeith) do some great beers and deliver. Support local.

https://shop.crossborders.beer/mixed-cases-gift-packs

Introductory variety pack £15 (free delivery to edinburgh postcodes too)

Im not connected to them, but i like the place and the beer

Great beers that have kept me refreshed the last year. Love the Braw. 

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

beer52

I went to meet the management team there a few years ago they offered me a job guy seemed a bit of a knob heard mixed reviews about the place . Also reviews online are a bit meh a bit of a pain to cancel down your sub . 

Doctor FinnBarr

Never tried any of the beers but a mate works at Windswept in Lossiemouth, so I thought I'd mention the name. They post out beer.

20 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I went to meet the management team there a few years ago they offered me a job guy seemed a bit of a knob heard mixed reviews about the place . Also reviews online are a bit meh a bit of a pain to cancel down your sub . 

i wouldn't subscribe to them but get a selection of beers as a one off to try and they are fine

Cork and Cask at marchmont do deliveries or order and pick up. Never ordered but have a wide range online 

3 hours ago, Alan_R said:

If you are ever near Dalkeith then eskbank trading have a cracking variety of mostly Scottish/UK beers.

Crossborders are my fav though. In normal times they open up the tap room at weekends 

Obviously its all their own but there's a good variety. I personally like 'wee braw'.

They have the Portobello Tap pub which they opened not long before lockdown.

Desperate they survive Covid as was looking like a regular local until the bloody Pandemic...

Doctor FinnBarr
29 minutes ago, Costanza said:

They have the Portobello Tap pub which they opened not long before lockdown.

Desperate they survive Covid as was looking like a regular local until the bloody Pandemic...

Been off on the sick for the last 8 weeks, just choking to get out for a pint now.

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Feel like trying some new beers or IPA's. Can anyone recommend an online shop that has a good range and decent prices?

Seen beerhawk mentioned before but have tried a fair few in the packs they do

Beer Zoo in Portobello and Beer Cave on Dalry Road both deliver locally.

Pilot a brewery in Leith have an online shop and deliver across UK. They do a lot of decent beers and you can get mixed cases of their stuff. There's loads of brewers in and around Edinburgh just now. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I ordered some beers from Tiny Rebel the other night and they arrived this morning. Looking forward to trying them out.

https://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/

Had a few different ones in recent Beer 52 boxes and quite liked them. My mate absolutely loves their stuff so he added an extra one to his last order for me to try. The flavours are certainly a bit different but I wouldn't have even thought about ordering some of their stuff six months ago.

7 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Been off on the sick for the last 8 weeks, just choking to get out for a pint now.

Jeez 8 weeks, hope you're better.

I sat in the pub waiting on a food order a few weeks back. Almost felt like greeting given how much I wanted a pint.

Beer52 are arseholes with terrible customer service. Most of Flavourly's stuff is their own brand and not great.

Would definitely stick with Beer Hawk, some of their European lager case deals are tremendous.

9 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I ordered some beers from Tiny Rebel the other night and they arrived this morning. Looking forward to trying them out.

https://www.tinyrebel.co.uk/

Had a few different ones in recent Beer 52 boxes and quite liked them. My mate absolutely loves their stuff so he added an extra one to his last order for me to try. The flavours are certainly a bit different but I wouldn't have even thought about ordering some of their stuff six months ago.

tiny rebel do some really good stuff however i do think they are a bit overpriced for what you get

Jambo-Jimbo

Beers of Europe is one off if not the best in the UK, prices are good, have thousands of beers from all over the World, loyality points scheme meaning you get money off your selection, free delivery on orders over £60 and the best of all you choose the beers you want, unlike some others namely Beer52 where they send you any old crap and charge you a fortune for the shite.

https://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
50 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

tiny rebel do some really good stuff however i do think they are a bit overpriced for what you get

The ones I've had so far I've enjoyed so thought I'd give some more of their stuff a try. I only ordered 6 cans which came to about £15 or something.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Beers of Europe is one off if not the best in the UK, prices are good, have thousands of beers from all over the World, loyality points scheme meaning you get money off your selection, free delivery on orders over £60 and the best of all you choose the beers you want, unlike some others namely Beer52 where they send you any old crap and charge you a fortune for the shite.

https://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Good site this, have made a few orders from here. Got a beers of the world scratch chart for Christmas 2019 and this site has proved useful in trying to source a few of them.  Availability can be very limited though.

I tried Flavourly when they had an offer of 24 cans for £30. Most were pretty good. Currently doing Beer52 but starting to find them a bit samey. My first box from them contained a peanut butter stout. Gave me the boak

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 hours ago, Alan_R said:

The Wee Braw is brilliant. They have got a great selection, I might get a couple of growlers for the Dundee game.

14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Ps I absolutely love Czech lager so if you find similar European deals I'll love you

Crossborders do a pilsner quite regularly.

Edit: 5 litre keg available https://shop.crossborders.beer/mini-kegs/pilsner-5-litres

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Jambo-Jimbo
29 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Good site this, have made a few orders from here. Got a beers of the world scratch chart for Christmas 2019 and this site has proved useful in trying to source a few of them.  Availability can be very limited though.

Over the last year availability has been limited this is true, I think it is simply down to lockdowns, folks buying up lots of beer as the pubs are shut, even some of the breweries stopped production for a while.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Beer52 are arseholes with terrible customer service. Most of Flavourly's stuff is their own brand and not great.

Would definitely stick with Beer Hawk, some of their European lager case deals are tremendous.

Disgusting company.

Took my money and sent me a completely different box of 'beer' from the one I'd ordered, then hid behind their T's & C's when I complained, saying that they have the right to substitute beers if they are no longer available, yes that's right but surely a decent company would tell you if the box you had ordered wasn't available instead of just sending out a completely different 12 case without telling you.

'Beer' the case they sent was nothing more than fecking alcopops, absolute fecking rubbish.

Will never ever get anything from Beer52 ever again.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Beer 52 have been good in my experience. Boxes delivered regularly and the content is always what is expected.

A friend of my mate's girlfriend works for them and says the best way to contact them is always via email. Particularly if wanting to cancel a subscription.

I'll probably cancel once life is back to normal but I've certainly enjoyed the majority of the beers I've tried from them.

12 hours ago, reidyq said:

Beer Zoo in Portobello and Beer Cave on Dalry Road both deliver locally.

Pilot a brewery in Leith have an online shop and deliver across UK. They do a lot of decent beers and you can get mixed cases of their stuff. There's loads of brewers in and around Edinburgh just now. 

Beer Zoo have some great beers and have used them a bit. Didn’t know Beer Cave delivered tho - will get on that! Beer Hawk and Beer52 are both decent and use them fairly regularly. 

Not to rub it in (as my mate tells me by the time he ordered it was sold out)

But crossborders have excelled themselves with the coffee beer they just released. I love coffee as a flavour and it really comes through. Beautiful stuff.

Got a growler of pilsner left but that'll probably be gone by tonight

Edited by Alan_R