Health Care.

Sharpie

What a joke, I needed a prescription for my medications. Pre Covid make an appointment drop in and see the doctor, does a quick check and sends you next door for blood checks. Today as has been the practise lately the doctors appointment is a phone call, she asks me how I am doing, the says you will need a blood test, but you have to make an appointment by E Mail or phone. I try E mail nothing available in March, I think that must be wrong so phone, they are now on a central system soI have to go through that to get to my particular health centre. After being transferred from one number to another as they go through their system and having a loud ring tone in my ear for about ten minutes I am advised that there are no appointments before 23 March I said I'll take that and am advised but that cannot be booked as no bookings are made with less than three weeks waiting time. I advise sarcastically I am eighty six years of age I have a policy of not making appointments more than a week away,  I am told thats too bad, the best that can be done is phone first thing tomorrow and we will get you on the list for first available after the three weeks from now. Fortunately Canada has not got into the have a nice day comment at the end of conversation. The world is in shit state, I am not asking for a face lift and beauty treatment I just want to know if I am reasonably healthy, which they used to preach we should do on a regular basis.  I think the only indignity that can occur now is that I am photographed lying deid with a technician sitting on me laughing.

5 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I think the only indignity that can occur now is that I am photographed lying deid with a technician sitting on me laughing.

I shouldn't laugh, but well played. :D

Here's hoping you get it all sorted out. Bureaucracy is one of the things I hate most in life.

4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

What a joke, I needed a prescription for my medications. Pre Covid make an appointment drop in and see the doctor, does a quick check and sends you next door for blood checks. Today as has been the practise lately the doctors appointment is a phone call, she asks me how I am doing, the says you will need a blood test, but you have to make an appointment by E Mail or phone. I try E mail nothing available in March, I think that must be wrong so phone, they are now on a central system soI have to go through that to get to my particular health centre. After being transferred from one number to another as they go through their system and having a loud ring tone in my ear for about ten minutes I am advised that there are no appointments before 23 March I said I'll take that and am advised but that cannot be booked as no bookings are made with less than three weeks waiting time. I advise sarcastically I am eighty six years of age I have a policy of not making appointments more than a week away,  I am told thats too bad, the best that can be done is phone first thing tomorrow and we will get you on the list for first available after the three weeks from now. Fortunately Canada has not got into the have a nice day comment at the end of conversation. The world is in shit state, I am not asking for a face lift and beauty treatment I just want to know if I am reasonably healthy, which they used to preach we should do on a regular basis.  I think the only indignity that can occur now is that I am photographed lying deid with a technician sitting on me laughing.

So are they just going to have a day off on 23rd as they can't fill the day with bookings!?