***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

I hate to break it to you, but this is 2021, a lot of the players and teams have changed quite a bit since 85/86.

At least you recognise this season as a lull.👍

I have my own belief that anything can happen in football so I'm willing to give managers time, certainly ones that are meeting their pre-season targets as Neilson is. Sorry if that upsets you. And I clearly said the last 4 games were a lull.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

Boyces beard
1 minute ago, smiler said:

Hey Toque, Tosh joined here Jan 2014, Budge sought to buy control of Hearts early 2014. Just sayin' likes. 

Some folk have lost the fekin plot, a Budge plant 🤣 on JKB , wow

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I really like Stendel mate. Would have him back in a second in the Premiership another time. His results were shit though as were half his signings and his decision not to drop the goalie was the most damaging of any Hearts manager I can recall.

I don’t agree with you very often but I agree with that.  Even Bobby or Doyle would probably have kept us up, he must’ve cost us at least 4 points. 

Start of the Championship might have been the best time to appoint Stendel as we would have won the league whoever the manager was. A season to get used to his style before the Premiership.  We’ll never find out now though but don’t think bee could’ve appointed him at a worse time than when we did. 

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

More insults.  Is that the only enjoyment you get from life, trolling and insulting Hearts fans?  No idea how you haven’t been launched yet. Maybe try debating once in a while instead of just trying to shout the loudest. Have you got the vocabulary to do that?  

Again, posting like a juvenile, I rest my case. 

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Some folk have lost the fekin plot, a Budge plant 🤣 on JKB , wow

Work in the office with Ann? Friend of Ann?

What else would motivate them to defend employees of the club like they do. It’s not just a recent thing, they’ve been doing it for years. It’s psychotic. 

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You seem to think not playing well is the odd game here and there.

Tell me how many games you have thought we have played well in this year taking the opposition into account?

I don't think we've played a great 90 minutes all season, it's been patchy at best, doesn't mean my eyes bled and I didn't enjoy the games though. 

Tell you what I will enjoy even more  though, winning the Championship, you clearly won't.  

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Tell you what I will enjoy even more  though, winning the Championship, you clearly won't.  

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Again, posting like a juvenile, I rest my case. 

No, you just rested my mine. Thank you and good night. 

2 hours ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

At this moment most of us are thinking thank **** it is only a 27 game season as we would get caught if it was 36 games

Have thought that myself ! 😄

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Work in the office with Ann? Friend of Ann?

What else would motivate them to defend employees of the club like they do. It’s not just a recent thing, they’ve been doing it for years. It’s psychotic. 

Maybe they're a big fan of hers. I am. Love what she's done for us and I'm delighted she's steering us through the pandemic relatively unscathed. She's made some duff decisions but then who hasn't. You and others have also been defending employees, namely Stendel. Levein's one of my football heroes, I rate Neilson as a manager, and I'm very grateful to Budge for saving us. These aren't controversial reasons. If the trolls on here we'ren't constantly attacking the club I could just get on with my favourite Hearts related chat of reminiscing about some of our 80s teams and players. Going to try not to get drawn into these arguments anymore but it's tricky when the negativity is so constant. You need at least a couple of voices to balance things out surely?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hectormasson
21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I hate to break it to you, but this is 2021, a lot of the players and teams have changed quite a bit since 85/86.

At least you recognise this season as a lull.👍

Our league was prob lost because of the poor start in 1985/86, the run afterwards was something else mind,     our bad results at paisley&  clydebank were very costly  ,but saying that no one was to know we would go on that run, it's quite difficult to point out what cost us overall, apart from st mirren being 0 - 4 at 3.28.that afternoon, we can blame a quota of things , but the ride my friend was worth it , I'd imagine  all hearts fans would agree🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦bye the light .🌙

Hectormasson
30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I have my own belief that anything can happen in football so I'm willing to give managers time, certainly ones that are meeting their pre-season targets as Neilson is. Sorry if that upsets you. And I clearly said the last 4 games were a lull.

Let's just give this Dundee mob a smashing on Saturday.....👊👊👊🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Let's just give this Dundee mob a smashing on Saturday.....👊👊👊🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

If we win on Saturday, the league is over.

2 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

Prediction...... lots of possession, lots of passing sideways across the back, precious little shots from distance and he-haw incisive play in the final third....basically same as recent weeks ending in another draw.

You missed out Popescu clearing headers over the bar from corners........our corners! 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You missed out Popescu clearing headers over the bar from corners........our corners! 

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If we win on Saturday, the league is over.

Nah, if Raith or Dunfermline win thier games in hand, smash us as we're shite and win every game we're doomed. 

Especially as Budge was daft enough to give away Wighton who will spearhead thier charge. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Do you not recognise that there is genuine concern regarding the level of recent performances?

It's not about scudding teams, it's about how we are set up, how we perform. With our squad, and applied correctly,tactically and with motivated players, we'd be happy.

We may not win every game but at least we would look like we were trying to and, more than likely, we would!

Do you not see that? You are quite happy with how we are playing? Because it's ok, because we are top of the league and next season will look after itself?

All I hear from you is the mantra from the Levein years, that I allowed myself to believe then. Once bitten twice shy for me.

I still say 6th place finish, lc sf and sc final isn't an automatic sacking at Hearts. 

Motivated players as I said above is dicey, lots out of contract and some know they are gone. 

We are top and performing well overall in the league, the last 3 games have been poor, but imo it's more to do with finishing than tactics or motivation. 

I thought we actually started faster in these draws than we have in many of our victories. 

Next season is the challenge, but given Robbies past record and  our expected new signings I am not worried about it, I'm looking forward to it. 

Hopefully be at a game as well. 

WheatfieldWarrior
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Michael Smith fit to play. 

That's just as well. Saves us playing 3 at the back.

1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

That's just as well. Saves us playing 3 at the back.

What’s wrong with three at the back. Played it against Raith on the cup and looked ok to me. 

Big Gnand must play and he has already recognised, going by his comments, that we need get ball into the box and forward quicker and more often, even route one at times if that is what it takes, defenders do not like it, we are letting teams settle with our slow build up. We are more than capable of blowing Dundee away and start looking like champions, let our players loose and get this  league wrapped up.

Nookie Bear

Hoping Dundee will repeat the mistake of Day One by trying to attack us and leaving huge gaps for us to play in. 

Suspect they will be a lot tighter this time though. 

2-0

Just win and get out of this horrific league. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is Naismith out?

Hope he doesn't start either way. He's been much better coming off the bench later in the game. 

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is Naismith out?

Described as being “doubtful”.   Substitutes bench at best I would reckon. 

4 minutes ago, One five said:

Where did you hear that?

Nowhere. He went off last week. Just wondered if he was fit. 

15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Described as being “doubtful”.   Substitutes bench at best I would reckon. 

Ta. 

What I hope is that we absolutely smash Byrne. He should of been off in the first minute in the defeat at Dens. His challenge on Naismith was an assault and set the tone. We need that attitude from the first whistle

Malinga the Swinga

With Don Robertson in charge, we need to be extra careful with our tackling. 

He will be itching to send one of our players off or award Dundee penalty. 

Hearts to win 3-0.

10 hours ago, jr ewing said:

What odds a 1 - 1 draw?

Not the worst result in the world. Ends Dundee's interest if followed up with win v Ayr

Harry Potter
25 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

With Don Robertson in charge, we need to be extra careful with our tackling. 

He will be itching to send one of our players off or award Dundee penalty. 

Hearts to win 3-0.

All refs are a waste of space, line judges dont do their job, its a lottery wi that lot.

Rogue Daddy

From the evening hobo:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-v-dundee-team-news-starting-xi-odds-how-to-watch-live-3154569

Team news: Hearts suffered a few knocks in last Friday’s 1-1 draw with Inverness CT. Both Michael Smith and Steven Naismith were substituted in the second half, while Robbie Neilson revealed Liam Boyce also had a niggle in the aftermath. Smith, as well as Boyce, is expected to make the Dundee clash while captain Naismith is regarded as “touch-and-go”.

Possible XI: Gordon; Smith, Popescu, Halkett, Kingsley; Mackay-Steven, McEneff, Halliday, Walker; Gnanduillet, Boyce.

...not  bad line-up that, would like to see Haring for Halliday. Gnando and Boyce up front surely, this week. Time for them to start a partnership!

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

From the evening hobo:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-v-dundee-team-news-starting-xi-odds-how-to-watch-live-3154569

Team news: Hearts suffered a few knocks in last Friday’s 1-1 draw with Inverness CT. Both Michael Smith and Steven Naismith were substituted in the second half, while Robbie Neilson revealed Liam Boyce also had a niggle in the aftermath. Smith, as well as Boyce, is expected to make the Dundee clash while captain Naismith is regarded as “touch-and-go”.

Possible XI: Gordon; Smith, Popescu, Halkett, Kingsley; Mackay-Steven, McEneff, Halliday, Walker; Gnanduillet, Boyce.

...not  bad line-up that, would like to see Haring for Halliday. Gnando and Boyce up front surely, this week. Time for them to start a partnership!

I say it’s “not a bad lineup” to myself every week then my opinion changes approximately 3-4 minutes in.......

Rogue Daddy
19 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

I say it’s “not a bad lineup” to myself every week then my opinion changes approximately 3-4 minutes in.......

🤣🤣🤣 i know what you mean! The thing is, I really believe we have a decent squad for this league... just wish it could all come together. Someone is due a spanking!

The Apprentice

No excuses tomorrow. Home game against a big rival in he league, due to be perfect weather for a game of football and the pitch should be in decent condition.  Time for players like Halliday & GMS to step up to the plate and start delivering.

May one-six
30 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

From the evening hobo:

Agreed. My only issue with that line up is that Halliday's in it.

3 minutes ago, May one-six said:

Agreed. My only issue with that line up is that Halliday's in it.

Likely to get himself sent off.