***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

If you had them would you bother as much about us?. 

Do Hearts give you the pride and passion to want to go back for more week after week?. 

When you’ve got a ST you go back more out of habit sometimes rather than looking forward to the game itself. Plenty times over the last few years it’s all seemed a bit of a chore but a good match like a derby win or an unexpected good result lifts the spirits for a few more weeks. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't even look forward to watching us anymore, being honest who does on here?. 

I still look forward to it, I always live in hope for a good result and a good performance.

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

When you’ve got a ST you go back more out of habit sometimes rather than looking forward to the game itself. Plenty times over the last few years it’s all seemed a bit of a chore but a good match like a derby win or an unexpected good result lifts the spirits for a few more weeks. 

I know what you mean , since I had to hang up my boots I turned to golf Saturday morning then on to Tynecastle for every home game,

it becomes a habit and everything is done round it ....... good though 👍

1 hour ago, One five said:

I still look forward to it, I always live in hope for a good result and a good performance.

yip me as well 

Malinga the Swinga

Yep, the vast majority of supporters are exactly the same as you. 

The extremely small but extremely vocal minority of complainers on here most likely don't even watch our games. They just look out for comments on here and jump from thread to thread pretending to be outraged about something they have read on here. 

If you don't enjoy the games, leave us who do in peace. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't even look forward to watching us anymore, being honest who does on here?. 

I always look forward to watching us.

41 minutes ago, Gards said:

👍

I would watch Hearts ‘til the cows come home.

Playing well/not playing well, they are my team.

I love HMFC.. 😍 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

👍

I would watch Hearts ‘til the cows come home.

Playing well/not playing well, they are my team.

I love HMFC.. 😍 

Exactly mate here here👍

1 minute ago, One five said:

Exactly mate here here👍

It’s just a thing that’s in you.  :thumbsup:

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, One five said:

Me too.  I know I end up getting frustrated with the style of play but what frustrates me more is the avalanche of expert analysis on here if we haven't scored in the first five minutes (which we usually haven't).  Some of our `supporters` only watch so as they can moan and complain about everything and everyone.  

I usually end up taking shelter in the Shed.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Most Hearts fans do. 

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Time will tell. We are in poor form but the absolute worst I can see is a draw (which would be a very poor result). More based on the fact Dundee are shit than any confidence in us at the moment. As for Cummings, great record against us but he’s not all that. Average journeyman is his career now. 

I hope we are both wrong and Hearts get the victory. 

5 hours ago, dannymack said:

I hope we are both wrong and Hearts get the victory. 

Absolutely. Be brilliant to hit a wee run of form. Only 9 left, hopefully we make the most of it. 

Ideal game to get back on the rails, lets get this league wrapped up, at it right from the start with big Gnand up front with Boyce, Walker, McEneff and GMS plus a.n.other across the midfield. Cummings can only be a factor in this game if we play poorly.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Are you suggesting I'm not?. 

Nope, just answered your question. 

I don't care which team you support. 

This is My Story Podcast

Big game, need a big performance. They are minus Adam which will help but they now have Cummings who is scoring goals, 3 in 4 matches for them. We’ve had 45 shots on goal In our last 3 matches and only scored 3 goals also only 8 shots on target, crazy stuff. We won’t change shape so we will see 4231 again. 

What id like to see is a 352:

Gordon 

Halkett

Popescu 

Kingsley 

Smith right wing back 

GMS left wing back 

McEneff 

Irving 

Walker 

Gnando

Boyce 

My worry is we will see this: 

Gordon 

Kingsley

Halkett

Popescu 

Smith

Halliday 

McEneff 

GMS 

Boyce 

Walker 

Gnando 

13 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Big game, need a big performance. They are minus Adam which will help but they now have Cummings who is scoring goals, 3 in 4 matches for them. We’ve had 45 shots on goal In our last 3 matches and only scored 3 goals also only 8 shots on target, crazy stuff. We won’t change shape so we will see 4231 again. 

Gordon 

Halkett

Popescu 

Kingsley 

Smith right wing back 

GMS left wing back 

McEneff 

Irving 

Walker 

Gnando

Boyce 

Gordon 

Kingsley

Halkett

Popescu 

Smith

Halliday 

McEneff 

GMS 

Boyce 

Walker 

Gnando 

Your bottom team selection would be fine IMO.  There's an argument about Halliday but the rest of this selection would free us from the stifling two wingers set up.

I'm as frustrated as any Hearts fan of late but always perk up pre match, bit of a dwindle by ht mind.😄

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Big man sounding a bit frustrated

3F2EC7B9-57EA-4DDA-BCBF-ED0F2899FB3B.jpeg

I agree with him we should be more direct get balls into the box for him and Boyce with McNeneff and Walker in there sniffing there will be goals I’m sure.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Gordon 

Halkett

Popescu 

Kingsley 

Smith right wing back 

GMS left wing back 

McEneff 

Irving 

Walker 

Gnando

Boyce 

Gordon 

Kingsley

Halkett

Popescu 

Smith

Halliday 

McEneff 

GMS 

Boyce 

Walker 

Gnando 

now that is the team and set up we’d all like to see!

portobellojambo1
16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I do, that is what you do as a fan, you watch come what may. I quite simply cannot wait for the day that a post appears on our SC Facebook page confirming the pick up times for the first away game we can go to, which to me represents the full "going to a match" package, making your way to the pick up point, meeting with your friends, loads of shit banter on the bus, too much alcohol before and after the match, and the game itself. Football does become part of your life, even relatively shit football at times. It just isn't the same sitting watching it online, although I do continue to watch the games via Hearts TV. And I am one of those who accepts fully we will not win every single game, but just as there is a way to win games there is a way/reason to lose them as well. If we lose because we have been beaten by a better side you just have to take that on the chin and move on. Losing because we approach the game incorrectly, or the team just looks disorganised to me provides justification for many questions being asked.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I do, that is what you do as a fan, you watch come what may. I quite simply cannot wait for the day that a post appears on our SC Facebook page confirming the pick up times for the first away game we can go to, which to me represents the full "going to a match" package, making your way to the pick up point, meeting with your friends, loads of shit banter on the bus, too much alcohol before and after the match, and the game itself. Football does become part of your life, even relatively shit football at times. It just isn't the same sitting watching it online, although I do continue to watch the games via Hearts TV. And I am one of those who accepts fully we will not win every single game, but just as there is a way to win games there is a way/reason to lose them as well. If we lose because we have been beaten by a better side you just have to take that on the chin and move on. Losing because we approach the game incorrectly, or the team just looks disorganised to me provides justification for many questions being asked.

:greatpost:

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, Gards said:

So do i, despite myself.

If you don't then what's the ******* point??

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So do i, despite myself.

If you don't then what's the ******* point??

I agree... quite enjoy a Friday night or Saturday afternoon watching my team with a few beers. It's as good as you'll get until we're allowed back.

I'm a 'glass-half-full' type, I always believe/hope we'll be better than the previous week.

Whether it's sitting at Tynecastle or at home with a few beers or anywhere tbh it always fills me with hope and more importantly pride watching us run out with the famous Jersey with the most gorgeous badge in the world, it really is something to me.
HMFC  forever.

avhudtheteeshirt

This is one of these games that we must win, if we do it will be like a great weight has been lifted!

If we don't its still not that big a deal, the others have to play each other and no one will win them all!

Think this could be another draw, but, I always hope for a home win!!!!

The frustrating thing is if Josh had been fit we would have more points on board, one man don`t make a team but he can make a hellava difference.

Glamorgan Jambo

Back on the game I expect Dundee to come out all guns blazing as they absolutely need to win this one. We need to avoid the wishy washy start to the game we had in December at Dens and equally get in their face early doors. If Adam is out then that's a big boost for us. Involved in pretty much all their goals vs us this season. In fact I'd go further and say he's been the best outfield player in the Championship this season and that's despite his legs being not as good as they once were which actually was still pretty slow. Now ducking under the desk to avoid the incoming.

Whether it's sitting at Tynecastle or at home with a few beers or anywhere tbh it always fills me with hope and more importantly pride watching us run out with the famous Jersey with the most gorgeous badge in the world, it really is something to me.
HMFC  forever.

Hope for the best fear the worst.

Great three points to take. 15 points clear with, for us, 8 to play.

The teams below will have games in hand, of course, but they'll cut each others throats. A win would certainly remove Dundee from the equation, automatic promotion wise.

Tight game, but I'm hopeful of a Hearts win. Btts I would say.

Hearts 2-1.

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Michael Smith fit to play. 

Good

...or are we supposed to boo that news? I 'm not up to speed on who the latest scapegoat is.

Anyeways, on the topic of looking forward or not  - of course. We have a wee competition going pre match over a few drinks in the virtual Stratties that has become our Post Lockdownalypse world.

Everyone gets it wrong every week as we all usually  have Hearts winning by two or more goals, past experience not being taken into account at all.

That's what being a supporter is to me - blind optimism aided by a few bevvies and your mates egging you on.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Good

...or are we supposed to boo that news? I 'm not up to speed on who the latest scapegoat is.

Anyeways, on the topic of looking forward or not  - of course. We have a wee competition going pre match over a few drinks in the virtual Stratties that has become our Post Lockdownalypse world.

Everyone gets it wrong every week as we all usually  have Hearts winning by two or more goals, past experience not being taken into account at all.

That's what being a supporter is to me - blind optimism aided by a few bevvies and your mates egging you on.

Struggling with the concept of a virtual stratties. :berra:

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Struggling with the concept of a virtual stratties. :berra:

After a few beers we don't notice the difference

The only thing we miss are the occasional free sausage rolls - a legend in their own lunchtime

Gallery Image

Edited by scott herbertson

Rogue Daddy
32 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Back on the game I expect Dundee to come out all guns blazing as they absolutely need to win this one. We need to avoid the wishy washy start to the game we had in December at Dens and equally get in their face early doors. If Adam is out then that's a big boost for us. Involved in pretty much all their goals vs us this season. In fact I'd go further and say he's been the best outfield player in the Championship this season and that's despite his legs being not as good as they once were which actually was still pretty slow. Now ducking under the desk to avoid the incoming.

Think you're pretty close to the mark here. I'm glad he's not playing.... I feel if we get a win (and not a crappy-performance-late-goal-against-dunfermline-type-win) but a 2 or 3-0... you'll see us 'stretch our legs' for the remainder of the season and power towards the finishing line. I think this squad could do with a bit of a confidence boost, but i feel we need to score in the first 20 minutes... otherwise we tend to struggle.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

17 hours ago, Gards said:

18 hours ago, One five said:

All great replys everyone that replied sorry if i haven't quoted you. 

It's nice to see so many passionate supporters, I've found myself a bit lost with the pandemic etc, was home and away watching Hearts like you said it just becomes the norm. 

HEARTS fans in my eyes probably being a bit bias 😂will always be the best fans in the world. 

We've been through some hard shit and we still are, what i meant in a way watching from a neutrals point of view, if you weren't a supporter but started watching us, would you come back for more. 

Are we attractive to the neutral? anyway I'm taking this thread off topic 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

After a few beers we don't notice the difference

The only thing we miss are the occasional free sausage rolls - a legend in their own lunchtime

Gallery Image

You’ve done well remodelling your living room to look like stratties. 😄

19 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's not fun to watch that for sure. Someone suggested i wasn't a Hearts fan last week as i said i would be flicking between our game and the golf. For the record, the golf was a much better watch.

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

All great replys everyone that replied sorry if i haven't quoted you. 

It's nice to see so many passionate supporters, I've found myself a bit lost with the pandemic etc, was home and away watching Hearts like you said it just becomes the norm. 

HEARTS fans in my eyes probably being a bit bias 😂will always be the best fans in the world. 

We've been through some hard shit and we still are, what i meant in a way watching from a neutrals point of view, if you weren't a supporter but started watching us, would you come back for more. 

Are we attractive to the neutral? anyway I'm taking this thread off topic 👍

Couldn't give a flying feck what a neutral thinks 🙂

Always look forward to watching Hearts.

Also not shit scared to give my opinion on the performances witnessed. A lot of the time, win lose or draw, we have played crap. Had to say that far too often this season for my liking.

Still looking forwards to Saturdays game.

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Always look forward to watching Hearts.

Also not shit scared to give my opinion on the performances witnessed. A lot of the time, win lose or draw, we have played crap. Had to say that far too often this season for my liking.

Still looking forwards to Saturdays game.

Pretty much where I am.