***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

6 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

3 home games this month surley we can play well in this one, hoping my first ever matchday thread proves lucky, argue below :)

No argument here Turkishcap, I’ve every faith your first ever matchday thread is the thing we have been missing 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

sandylejambo

we seem to be on repeat mode, doing the same shit week after week, lets hope he realizes its not working and does something different, anything, please try lads, that would be nice.

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Tough game and we'll concede at least 1. 

We'll win 3-2. 

Yeah you normally concede at least 1 when you actually concede 2.

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

🤣 Fantastic until Cathro binned him. 

I recollect Johnsen being another in a long list of players we didn’t get the best out of. 

Probably decent before joining. Contributed very little while he was here before leaving and becoming good again. 

Seems to be a running theme. 

After he got up to speed yes. He did take a while to get going, which has been a theme with some players recently, but he was fantastic when he did. We plucked him from a bust or expelled or something Bulgarian club and he gave us something different up front. After he got fit enough to start games, he got 4 goals and two assists in 6 starts before Cathro took over then only scored once more in the league after that. He got subbed for Dylan Bikey at one point under Cathro 🤣

Edited by ToqueJambo

It is at Tynie so we will put out the red carpet for them and offer ourselves up lubrication free. 

Hearts 0 Dundee 2

7 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

3 home games this month surley we can play well in this one, hoping my first ever matchday thread proves lucky, argue below :)

3-1 Hearts.

Surley?  

:wink: 

8 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

1-1 again for the fourth time. Picks the same team gets the same result. 

Believable except the 'picking the same team' part.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

3-1 Hearts.

Surley?  

:wink: 

5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Put all your money on both teams to score!!!

:yas: 

portobellojambo1

I know how I want us to start and then continue to play, but what I don't know is how we will start and then continue to play. If we approach the game positively then I see no reason why we shouldn't win. There is no reason on earth to stand off a team like Dundee and wait to see how they are going to play. The focus should be on us starting on the front foot and forcing them to change any idea they have for playing the game. Any win will do just fine at this stage in the season, if it is done with a bit panache even better. We could very well be champions by the end of this month if we appproach all games this month correctly. That then gives time to use the last few games to work out who can make the step up, who need to be shown the front door and who we should be considering to come in for next season (both from the academy and externally).

4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

This game will be very difficult. Adams and Cummings are just waiting to get one over on us. With our centre backs and the way the team is set up anything could happen.

Thought Adam’s was out?

2 hours ago, Locky said:

4-1 Hearts. Based purely on the fact that I'm going out Saturday so probably won't watch the game, which means goals aplenty. 

Going out? Where?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
6 hours ago, kila said:

Please no more 4-2-3-1.

Boyce and Gnando need to start. Let's focus on scoring as many goals as possible rather than worrying about conceding and setting up around that.

We won't score goals if we don't create chances. Sticking an extra striker in the side won't change that if we continue to play at walking pace and only play backwards or sideways passes.

Playing 4-2-3-1 isn't us "worrying about conceding". The formation isn't the issue, it's the style of play within that which is.

I would love to see Haring play alongside McEneff in the middle of the park but that would require Haring actually getting minutes which hasn't happened for two months.

haveyouheard1874

Thought  the Morton game at home  would have been the catalyst

Normally the glass full but teams who play us  these days fear he haw

Time for RN to get it bang on the mark or  face the reality of losing his job 

5 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

We won't score goals if we don't create chances. Sticking an extra striker in the side won't change that if we continue to play at walking pace and only play backwards or sideways passes.

Playing 4-2-3-1 isn't us "worrying about conceding". The formation isn't the issue, it's the style of play within that which is.

I would love to see Haring play alongside McEneff in the middle of the park but that would require Haring actually getting minutes which hasn't happened for two months.

in reality it doesn’t turn out 4-2-3-1. It ends up as 4-3-2-1 with the wingers as the two and Boyce keeping in touch with the rest of the team by text.  Weak as piss right through the middle. 

Hearts to concede after 1st half domination, Hearts to equalise in 2nd half.

Game over 1-1.

Pars to beat Raith on Friday, QoS to beat Arbroath.  

Game on

Would love to see a change in how we set up. Naismith being out (probably) might be a blessing in disguise. 

One of my favourite Hearts teams to watch was this adapted 442 with McCann pushing forward ahead of the rest of midfield.

Rousset

McPherson  Ritchie  Weir   Naysmith

Flogel      Salvatori   Fulton   McCann

Adam       Hamilton

So this weekend and for the future games I'd like to see something along those lines with

Gordon

Smith    Popescu  Halkett   Kingsley

Walker   McEneff   Haliday/Haring  GMS

Gnando   Boyce

Hopefully GMS can build on his slow start to do better in this position and with 2 up front I'm hopeful we'll see more goals.

Scott980612
11 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

One of my favourite Hearts teams to watch was this adapted 442 with McCann pushing forward ahead of the rest of midfield.

Rousset

Adam       Hamilton

So this weekend and for the future games I'd like to see something along those lines with

Gordon

Gnando   Boyce

Hopefully GMS can build on his slow start to do better in this position and with 2 up front I'm hopeful we'll see more goals.

The 98 team would beat this current team about 7-1 

As for the Dundee prediction... 3 points in the bag with Gnaduillet putting in a MOTM performance 

Lets not let Charlie Adam stroll through us like previous outings. 

Time to wake up Hearts, get into this cheating scum 

Harry Potter
16 hours ago, neilnunb said:

It might be your first but it must be the earliest one ever 😀

Ha Ha, start the game like a cup final, 😀, 2-0 Hearts.

Positives from Inverness were GMS and Gnanduillet hopefully  both start and we can get back on the rails and start looking like champions, we have been poor recently but we can put all that behind us, we must be at it from the start do not let them settle. Gnand and Boyce up front, get the ball in the box even it is route one at times, midfielders can push on and feed off the scraps.

Team previously listed by RussAsia would do for me          

Gordon

Gnando   Boyce

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Anyone know what the script is Michael Smith? He's been poor the last couple games but if he misses any length of time we could be in serious trouble.

TyphoonJambo
24 minutes ago, Locky said:

Out to lick bus windows followed by a massive orgy.

Socially distancing orgies with no more than 6 people and all from your own bubble? Sounds like a leith babyshower

Rogue Daddy
25 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Anyone know what the script is Michael Smith? He's been poor the last couple games but if he misses any length of time we could be in serious trouble.

Apparently, according to RN in Edinburgh Live, his calf and achillies tightened up in the last match and was taken off as a precaution. Should be ok for Saturday. Seems to be a problem he carries 🤷‍♂️

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/robbie-neilson-provides-hearts-injury-19944409

Edited by Rogue Daddy

2 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

As for the Dundee prediction... 3 points in the bag with Gnaduillet putting in a MOTM performance 

Behave yourself! 7-1..... there’s not a chance this lot would score😀

3 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Rousset

Adam       Hamilton

That wasn't the team because there is no Colin Cameron. 

Ford Prentice
19 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Surely Haring gets a start this week. We have no one in midfield better than him at winning second balls. 

A number of calls for Haring in this thread. His last game was against Dundee at Dens where he was bowfin and got hauled off at half time.

Like everyone else I'd love to see him back and on form but his chances of starting on Saturday or anytime soon are somewhere between slim and nil.

22games nro
19 hours ago, kila said:

Please no more 4-2-3-1.

Boyce and Gnando need to start. Let's focus on scoring as many goals as possible rather than worrying about conceding and setting up around that.

Crazy Hammer Trick | Gif Finder – Find and Share funny animated gifs |  Vicces videók, Vicces dolgok, Vicces képek

TyphoonJambo
37 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

A number of calls for Haring in this thread. His last game was against Dundee at Dens where he was bowfin and got hauled off at half time.

Like everyone else I'd love to see him back and on form but his chances of starting on Saturday or anytime soon are somewhere between slim and nil.

And therefore maybe the best game to prove he's better than that day.

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Out to lick bus windows followed by a massive orgy.

Can I come? 😜

2 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

He’s not going to play himself back on form sitting on the bench! 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Is Adams not self isolating?

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Can I come? 😜

Don't see why not. Tommy Sheridan is always happy to have new blood.

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That wasn't the team because there is no Colin Cameron. 

You're right. I can't believe I forgot to add him in.. Remove Flogel and replace him with Cameron.

I stand by my formation though. Get 2 up front and since we don't have any decent wingers just play only 1 in GMS. 

Hopefully Boyce and Gnando can build up a bit of a partnership before the new season. If not then we'll need a replacement in the summer..

7 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

You're right. I can't believe I forgot to add him in.. Remove Flogel and replace him with Cameron.

I stand by my formation though. Get 2 up front and since we don't have any decent wingers just play only 1 in GMS. 

Hopefully Boyce and Gnando can build up a bit of a partnership before the new season. If not then we'll need a replacement in the summer..

👍

weegie jambo
7 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Rousset

Adam       Hamilton

Gordon

Gnando   Boyce

I've been advocating a similar line up for ages on here. You can also quote the 2005/6 line ups with Miko, Brellier, Sir Paul & Rudi as the midfield four with Miko as the winger, Sir Paul, box to box, Brellier, holding and Rudi joining the front two of Janny and Bednar as a 3rd striker. Works for me, no need for 2 wingers or 2 DM.

3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

I've been advocating a similar line up for ages on here. You can also quote the 2005/6 line ups with Miko, Brellier, Sir Paul & Rudi as the midfield four with Miko as the winger, Sir Paul, box to box, Brellier, holding and Rudi joining the front two of Janny and Bednar as a 3rd striker. Works for me, no need for 2 wingers or 2 DM.

Great shout.