New Blog Looking To Offer Some Comfort To Us Concerned With Recent Performances & Results

Skippy Doodle

Skippy Doodle
Please check out my blog offering hope and comfort to us who have been concerned with the recent performances and results

Also feel free to check out other blogs on this page and email me - [email protected] if you wish to submit a blog or your own Hearts XI selection

addtext_com_MTc1MjEzMzM2MzY.jpg

Edited by Skippy Doodle

Neilson apologist shite. 

I even read to the bit where you claimed our team was doing a better job than under Jefferies before I jacked it in.

Skippy Doodle
8 hours ago, RussAsia said:

Neilson apologist shite. 

I even read to the bit where you claimed our team was doing a better job than under Jefferies before I jacked it in.

Sorry buddy you clearly didn’t read it then as I never claimed this team were doing a better job than JJ

i was comparing data from Neilson 1st spell in premiership with our overall data from past decade and JJ 2nd spell 

if you cannot complete a 5 minute read of a short blog then it says more about you than it does me 😀👍

SD this terrible to read on a Monday morning ! I’m now so far behind on work😉, well done mate great read so  far👏 will read the rest tonight I’ve got to get some work done 🥴

Boyces beard

Thanks SD, a balanced view of our current situation summed up in a couple of minutes reading.

Superb website as well mate.

Skippy Doodle
39 minutes ago, One five said:

SD this terrible to read on a Monday morning ! I’m now so far behind on work😉, well done mate great read so  far👏 will read the rest tonight I’ve got to get some work done 🥴

Haha apologies I did post it yesterday to give people time to digest all the numbers on a lazy Sunday 😉

Skippy Doodle
25 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

Thanks SD, a balanced view of our current situation summed up in a couple of minutes reading.

Superb website as well mate.

Cheers buddy. Website taking forever to get fully built haha but I will get there 😀👍

Nookie Bear

Opinions aside, the data highlighting just how poor our away form has been for so long should be top of the agenda when Ann sets out the tea and biccies for Robbie this morning.

Edit: rather than our record against the Old Firm, what would be interesting isour record against Bottom 6 sides over the same period. I had a bash at this a couple of weeks back and it was shocking imo

Edited by Nookie Bear

Skippy Doodle
26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Opinions aside, the data highlighting just how poor our away form has been for so long should be top of the agenda when Ann sets out the tea and biccies for Robbie this morning.

Edit: rather than our record against the Old Firm, what would be interesting isour record against Bottom 6 sides over the same period. I had a bash at this a couple of weeks back and it was shocking imo

I would agree mate regarding the away record. 

I was going to include bottom 6 record but I always feel that managers can be at times judged on their big match results

Nookie Bear
Just now, Skippy Doodle said:

I was going to include bottom 6 record but I always feel that managers can be at times judged on their big match results

It's a better record than i thought it might be but our record against so-called weaker teams is a real concern, and has been for years.

It is still happening this season, if we look at our performances in the Scottish Cup and league.

2 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Haha apologies I did post it yesterday to give people time to digest all the numbers on a lazy Sunday 😉

Ha yeah noticed that , I had to much of  a hangover yesterday to notice much 🙄, great work mate .

Ted Hastings
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's a better record than i thought it might be but our record against so-called weaker teams is a real concern, and has been for years.

It is still happening this season, if we look at our performances in the Scottish Cup and league.

Absolutely this, as obvious as it may seem we won't really mount any serious league challenges until our away form improves, and our results against bottom half opposition both home and away improves. A lot of the times, recent poor form has been forgiven by a rousing performance and/or result against either of the old form or in a derby. However although it would be dispiriting, we would be better off and have a higher points tally just being more consistent with performances against the weaker opposition down the rest of the table. 

The two recent examples of this would be Stendel guiding us to a great away win at Easter Road and two wins at home against Rangers whilst dropping points or losing at home to the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone etc.

Similarly when we won 4-0 against Celtic with Levein a lot of poor recent form was forgiven.

Seems to me that there needs to be a wholesale change in mindset at the club, raising our game against the old firm and allowing poor away form to be the norm for so long breeds a complacent atmosphere. No idea how to change it though 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ted Hastings

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Had a boring online meeting so started crunching the numbers.

From promotion to expulsion our record v bottom 6 teams:

P85 W39 D28 L18 = 1.71pts/game

On average, this would put us around 4th over a season

Our away record in those games:

P43 W15 D14 L14 = 1.36pts/game

This would puit us around 6th over a season

Since losing 0-3 to celtic in League Cup semi (seemed to be a turning point):

P25 W6 D8 L11 = 1.04pts/game

This would put us around 10th over a season

A bettr record against Bottom 6 than i imagined, although away from home is sketchy.

Also, 11 of those defeats came in the last 25 games so only 7 in the first 60. Basically, since losing to celtic in the LC semi we have ******* imploded and the stats make that clear.

Right, anyone got the minutes to that meeting i ignored??

Skippy Doodle
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Had a boring online meeting so started crunching the numbers.

From promotion to expulsion our record v bottom 6 teams:

P85 W39 D28 L18 = 1.71pts/game

On average, this would put us around 4th over a season

Our away record in those games:

P43 W15 D14 L14 = 1.36pts/game

This would puit us around 6th over a season

Since losing 0-3 to celtic in League Cup semi (seemed to be a turning point):

P25 W6 D8 L11 = 1.04pts/game

This would put us around 10th over a season

A bettr record against Bottom 6 than i imagined, although away from home is sketchy.

Also, 11 of those defeats came in the last 25 games so only 7 in the first 60. Basically, since losing to celtic in the LC semi we have ******* imploded and the stats make that clear.

Right, anyone got the minutes to that meeting i ignored??

Nice work 👏👏👏👏

beware the rabbit hole of stars you may fall into over the coming days