Man Stabbed To Death By His Own Cock

Lovecraft

Cock fighting is horrific. Seen a documentary with footage of it and it is really vile.

WTF do they need to attach knives?

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Cock fighting is horrific. Seen a documentary with footage of it and it is really vile.

I agree with you. But a bit of me would like to arm some chimps with AK47's.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Easier for the birds to kill each other. No other reason 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Knives is a bit extreme but fighting cocks have always worn metal spurs attached to their physical ones to inflict maximum damage. The half wits that enjoy blood sports want to see just that, blood. 
Even the Spurs emblem has them. 

Dagger Is Back
54 minutes ago, Smack said:

I agree with you. But a bit of me would like to arm some chimps with AK47's.

That would be a cracking idea for a movie

8 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

That would be a cracking idea for a movie

Assume I've missed something 😁 Hope you're not counting Planet of the Apes.

Dagger Is Back
50 minutes ago, Smack said:

Assume I've missed something 😁 Hope you're not counting Planet of the Apes.

Shit someone’s beaten us to it! Damn it

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Dog fighting is worse.  And is still done illegally in the USA.

Although I'm opposed to capital punishment, it would be OK to have it for people who train dogs to fight to the death.

5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Although I'm opposed to capital punishment, it would be OK to have it for people who train dogs to fight to the death.

Still plenty of Dog fighting in the UK, it's rife around Lancashire and around the Birmingham area.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Still plenty of Dog fighting in the UK, it's rife around Lancashire and around the Birmingham area.

Words fail me.  

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Where do folk think their wee dogs go when they're stolen?

The fighting dogs need something to train on.

Seriously?  I was naive enough to think that they were being sold, like a stolen car, or, in extreme cases, they were going to be dinner.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

When I lived in West Lothian there was a spate of cats going missing, then someone from the SSPCA pointed out most were black and white or black. Training dogs for badgers. 

Just now, Barack said:

I'm sure some poor things do end up like that, a lot are stolen to breed as the prices are ridiculous for pups just now, others are stolen so they can be sold back to the owners, the scam is; steal the dog, keep it for a week or so untill the posts go up on Facebook ect, get in contact with the owners saying they bought the dog from a gypsy or someone in the pup or the like for a grand a d you can have it back for what I paid for it.

10 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Been a lot of recent reports about dogs being stolen for the sole purpose of being bait dogs for fighting dogs to maul to death in order to prepare them for fighting here in the UK.

Special place in hell for these types of people.

Mate of mine has a Pitbull with battle wounds. Was obviously a fighting dog at some stage of its life. Lovely natured thing regardless though can't be around other other dogs for obvious reason.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Words fail me.  

I know a few police around this area, I do the "road side dispatch" for an area of around 40bor so miles for them, there's plenty of it going on with an hour of my house, particularly amongst the Chinese and Pakistani communities, big money being gambled every week.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

When I lived in West Lothian there was a spate of cats going missing, then someone from the SSPCA pointed out most were black and white or black. Training dogs for badgers. 

I'd not buy that sorry, dogs like bull terriers will kill a cat no matter what the colour, when dogs are put into Badger setts they are in comlete and utter darkness so colour is imiterial, it's scent that would makebthe diffirence.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I'd not buy that sorry, dogs like bull terriers will kill a cat no matter what the colour, when dogs are put into Badger setts they are in comlete and utter darkness so colour is imiterial, it's scent that would makebthe diffirence.

I’m just going with what I was told. I’m glad to say I don’t know the technicalities of badger baiting. But I’d assume that’s what it would be for as opposed to getting them out their setts. 

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

...... others are stolen so they can be sold back to the owners, the scam is; steal the dog, keep it for a week or so untill the posts go up on Facebook ect, get in contact with the owners saying they bought the dog from a gypsy or someone in the pup or the like for a grand a d you can have it back for what I paid for it.

At least those stories have a happy ending, unlike some of the other horrors I'm reading on this thread.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m just going with what I was told. I’m glad to say I don’t know the technicalities of badger baiting. But I’d assume that’s what it would be for as opposed to getting them out their setts. 

I've heard it before Tazio, but a pitt type terrier will attack anything in front of it regardless wheather it's a cat, badger or another dog, regardless of colour.

Just now, Maple Leaf said:

At least those stories have a happy ending, unlike some of the other horrors I'm reading on this thread.

Yes.

McGlynn The Money
14 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Aye, getting stiffed for a grand or more to buy your own dog back is a really happy ending...

:cornette_dog:

3 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Aye, getting stiffed for a grand or more to buy your own dog back is a really happy ending...

:cornette_dog:

It was for the dog!

Think there was a story a while back where a policeman died because the cock had a blade of some kind strapped to it and it caught an artery.

Really grim.

FWIW pitbulls are not inherently dangerous as a few posts above suggest...even the fighting dogs can be retrained and become a safe and loveable dog again under the right circumstances (not always though, sadly.)

I have actually found smaller yappie dogs to be far more aggressive. The difference being I suppose they wouldn't inflict as much damage. Pitties are actually incredibly placid and tame dogs given the right environment and training. Remember if you let a dog run rough shot and act Alpha dog then they will be far more difficult to handle. It is important to have the right reward training and to stick with it. Dogs shouldn't be treated like humans or children - they need and actually like to be tamed and compliant. This is a huge mistake many make. When I se dogs jumping all over owners, licking their face and generally misbehaving I actually get pissed off. That is not how a dog should be behaving