Who Should Robbie Keep If We Get Promotion...... ? ( merged )

Agentjambo

This is My Story Podcast
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith can play a variety of positions, he drops deeper as our midfield players like Halliday etc seem to be reluctant to take on their man, which results in him dropping deeper to try get involved. 

The team doesn't play to to freedom, they are scared to make mistakes, resulting in the side way passing all the time, which gives you what you got on Friday complete and utter shite. 

Naismith slows play down, drops too deep and congests the all ready congested middle of the park. He doesn’t have the legs to play the 10 effectively so IMO is wasted in that role. His only role and I think it’s the role we actually need him the most is as a striker. Play him along side Boyce use the new big man for situations like Friday to change up our game plan. I don’t think Naismith is any use to anyone playing any other position other than up top. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite a bit of work to do again I think. Here's the whole squad, those in bold I would definitely keep. 

IN/OUT:

Craig Gordon - best/2nd best keeper in the country

Michael Smith - already signed a new deal

Aidy White - handy to have in the squad. A real grafter. 

John Souttar - as long as his Achilles doesn't go again.

Peter Haring - undecided, needs to get back to previous levels. Currently a no for me.

Christophe Berra - thanks big man, but time's up.

Jamie Walker - starting to look interested. Decent enough squad player. 

Armand Gnanduillet - one good game, one pish game, but think he will be handy

Liam Boyce - top scorer... 

Ross Stewart - if he's willing to be 2nd choice, Stone 3rd. 

Steven Naismith - We were so much better when he came on v QoS. He'll retire here, and will move into coaching.

Andy Halliday - does the spade work, think he'll thrive with fans creating an atmosphere.

Gary Mackay-Steven - been a bit pish, but he's the real deal and I have no doubt will come good.

Aaron McEneff - looks the real deal. 

Andy Irving - only if he wants to. Not irreplaceable if he wants to leave but would be dissappointed. 

Stephen Kingsley - already signed a new deal

Loïc Damour - shite

Zdeněk Zlámal - see Berra

Elliott Frear - shite

Jamie Brandon - 3 cruciate injuries at 23 y/o. Lucky if he'll kick a ball again.

Craig Halkett - has his moments, think ultimately we should look to upgrade for next season, but keep him in the squad.

Mihai Popescu - don't think he'll be good enough for the Premiership and his mistakes will be more costly.

Gervane Kastaneer - undecided, haven't seen enough to make my mind up about him.

Josh Ginnelly - worth the gamble

Euan Henderson - not good enough

Scott McGill - would like to see more of him

LOANS: 

Olly Lee (on loan at Gillingham) - already leaving

Lewis Moore (on loan at Arbroath) - not good enough

Connor Smith (on loan at Cove Rangers) - undecided, might be worth giving a shot

Leeroy Makovora (on loan at Gala Fairydean Rovers) - don't see much in him

Jordan Roberts (on loan at Motherwell) - pish 

Sean Ward (on loan at Gala Fairydean Rovers) - don't know who he is

Craig Wighton (on loan at Dunfermline Athletic) - already leaving

Colin Doyle (on loan at Kilmarnock) - release

Harry Stone (on loan at Spartans) - promising young lad

Cammy Logan (on loan at Cove Rangers) - might do a job as backup/squad player

Jay Sandison (on loan at Linlithgow Rose) - don't see much in him

Leon Watson (on loan at Bonnyrigg Rose) - not sure

Harry Cochrane (on loan at Montrose) - see how he does in pre-season but have a feeling he's had his chance

Chris Hamilton (on loan at Stirling Albion) - usnure, don't know what he's like now that he's moved to midfield 

WISH LIST:

Judging by the current squad and those who will/should leave, we need around 8-10 players. We'll probably never sign any of these because most of them would be too sensible, but I would like...:

GK: Ross Stewart would be fine for me, would maybe consider Laidlaw (Ross County) if it doesn't work out.

CB: Ideally Stuart Findlay. Would take Hoban or Guthrie if not.

RB: Stephen O'Donnell would be nice. If not, Devlin or Fraser would be acceptable as backup to Smith.

CM: Alan Campbell please (replaces Lee), would also be cool to nick Irvine (replaces Haring) off the Hibees. Would still like Tshibola (replaces Damour) as well, so all three ideally.

R/LW: Thomas Robert (replaces Frear) and Connor McLennan (replaces Roberts) would be nice. Greg Kiltie (replaces Moore) would also be acceptable. 

ST: Might take Stevie May as an option coming off the bench (replaces Wighton) but he can be pish. Mentioned Aneke from Charlton a few times, still take him (replaces Henderson). 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Damour is a must to get out of the door. This guy came to the poker table with **** all money on him.

Anyone know how many games this guy has played for us....?

Without an appearance all season he must go down as one of our most costly follies.........

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith can play a variety of positions, he drops deeper as our midfield players like Halliday etc seem to be reluctant to take on their man, which results in him dropping deeper to try get involved. 

The team doesn't play to to freedom, they are scared to make mistakes, resulting in the side way passing all the time, which gives you what you got on Friday complete and utter shite. 

Halliday and White are similar.....but different. What i mean by that is although both are left-footed and can play left midfield or left back, White likes to attack more and help out further up the field. Halliday tends to stay around the left defensive midfield/left back areas so predominantly a defensive type player and no more. White tackles harder than Halliday but Halliday is slightly better defensively. Both are decent enough squad players/subs but don't come across as first picks. If fit, i'd like to see White given a chance ahead of Halliday who probably needs a bit of a break after a lot of games and no pre-season.

I have said for a few seasons now that players are not given the freedom to express themselves. We have reverted back to Levein zonal style where players are told to stay where they are and pass more. Problem with that is no-one's taking responsibility to get into the box from midfield, passing the buck in fact and it's resulting in tippy-tappy, side-to-side bore-fest football which teams find easy to defend against. It's a shame that Naismith or even Boyce have had to drop deep to get involved, they shouldn't need to. Better coaching and freedom to express is the only way to change that.

6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Without an appearance all season he must go down as one of our most costly follies.........

His attitude is clearly honking.  The proof of this is that he doesn't even make the subs bench.  I'm not even angry at him, I am angry at us.

51 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

He’s 4th choice keeper at livi, I’d hope

we’d be looking for someone better but understand he’s done more than enough when called upon. 

Sometimes its about looking for value over and above anything else. He seems a good lad, as you say he's done well when called upon and I don't think he blocks Stones development. As he's at Livi, I don't think he'll be on a huge wage either, so I think there is definitely a deal worth doing there. 

Gordon is such a good keeper that I think we can afford to save a buck or two on his deputy and he is easily young enough to improve just by training alongside such a good keeper. 

12 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Not quite on Pinilla level but for sure a Malaury Martin.  The only thing Malaury Martin did was boost his Costa Coffee loyalty card every day

28 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Naismith slows play down, drops too deep and congests the all ready congested middle of the park. He doesn’t have the legs to play the 10 effectively so IMO is wasted in that role. His only role and I think it’s the role we actually need him the most is as a striker. Play him along side Boyce use the new big man for situations like Friday to change up our game plan. I don’t think Naismith is any use to anyone playing any other position other than up top. 

I agree. Striker or nothing. In his mitigation though I think, like Boyce, he drops deeper than he’d like sometimes because nothing much comes to him when he’s further forward. Our midfield pair are set up to defend, particularly away from home and our wingers have been inconsistent, to put it kindly.

Edited by GinRummy

Just as there’s genuinely no-one in that team that makes you think “Here we go”, when they get the ball there’s no-one who, if you heard they were away would make you go, “How are we gonna replace them”?

Perhaps Gordon. Otherwise I’m struggling 

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

His attitude is clearly honking.  The proof of this is that he doesn't even make the subs bench.  I'm not even angry at him, I am angry at us.

I'm not sure it's solely an attitude thing but maybe a contract thing. From what I can see he's made 21 appearances for us so I wonder if there's a kicker at 25 appearances and/or he's on a lower base than he was at Cardiff with a higher than normal appearance fee etc to make up some of the difference  so we are limiting the damage by not featuring him. Maybe some ITKers can explain if this is or isn't the case? Or if his attitude just stinks!!

Just now, Pagey said:

I'm not sure it's solely an attitude thing but maybe a contract thing. From what I can see he's made 21 appearances for us so I wonder if there's a kicker at 25 appearances and/or he's on a lower base than he was at Cardiff with a higher than normal appearance fee etc to make up some of the difference  so we are limiting the damage by not featuring him. Maybe some ITKers can explain if this is or isn't the case? Or if his attitude just stinks!!

I am shocked he has played that many times.  

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The real problem with the passing is that the ball is always played to the man and seldom in front of him to run forward with.  Every time I see it happening on the pitch I picture them at the Oriam with the players in a circle passing to each other with one in the middle trying to get the ball.  Ball retention is a necessary weapon in its place but there is also a place for variety, aggression and pace. 

RN should be explaining to them that  you need to attack, head for the netted structure at the opposite end from Craig Gordon and get the ball ahead of that line between the posts.  When they do that it is called a goal and if you do that more often than the opposition you win the game.  There you are.  I've explained it in a couple of sentences.

15 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I dunno what he was on at Cardiff - numbers vary from £20k p/w (LOL) to £6k p/w depending where you look, but we apparently signed him on £3.5k p/w for 4y (total £728,000) and this was a lot more than he was going to earn in the time he had left with Cardiff. He's hopefully been subject to the relegation and Covid wage cuts as it would be annoying for him to be pocketing that sort of money in this situation, but when he joined we basically made him an offer he couldn't refuse, which is really annoying. He's said himself that he wasn't keen on moving to Scotland but that the money was too good to turn down. Apparently he had an offer from Charlton but Neil Warnock told him he couldn't afford to live in London and to come here instead (thanks Neil). 

Edited by Batistuta87

rudi must stay

Stay and build your team around: Gordon, Popescu (I really like him, good with the ball and tough tackling, makes mistakes but he's got alot of positives to his game) Roberts (I think he's got something, confidence is the problem there), Ginnelly (100% keep him), Irving (I'm willing to believe the hype after some great goals and praise, not seen it yet but ive not watched every game this season), Kingsley (I think he has a lot to offer at left back in the top league), Brandon (he's a project player but the rewards are good with him, like Roberts you need to build him up, his last game was full of picking the easy option on the ball instead of running with it which he can do)

Stay for their contracts 

Mackay - Steven (I don't see him doing much in a maroon shirt though), Gnaduillet (same as Mackay Steven)

Naismith (he's a Don Cowie type now he won't perform every week, Neilson is managing him well)

Let go

Zlamal - let a youngster challenge Gordon

complete control
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Naismith is an absolute must to get rid of. Most of the players are tbh. I’d like to see Halkett move on. Massively overrated. I’d keep Irving 

Naismith is our best player 

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Stay and build your team around: Gordon, Popescu (I really like him, good with the ball and tough tackling, makes mistakes but he's got alot of positives to his game) Roberts (I think he's got something, confidence is the problem there), Ginnelly (100% keep him), Irving (I'm willing to believe the hype after some great goals and praise, not seen it yet but ive not watched every game this season), Kingsley (I think he has a lot to offer at left back in the top league), Brandon (he's a project player but the rewards are good with him, like Roberts you need to build him up, his last game was full of picking the easy option on the ball instead of running with it which he can do)

Stay for their contracts 

Mackay - Steven (I don't see him doing much in a maroon shirt though), Gnaduillet (same as Mackay Steven)

Naismith (he's a Don Cowie type now he won't perform every week, Neilson is managing him well)

Let go

Zlamal - let a youngster challenge Gordon

Build your team around Popescu...😵

rudi must stay

I'd also keep Henderson (he looks happy at Hearts and has abit of strength about him, I think you need that in the SPL)

Let go

Doyle - same as Zlamal

Halliday - best years behind him in my opinion

Halkett - meh I wouldn't rush to keep him

haveyouheard1874
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Quite a bit of work to do again I think. Here's the whole squad, those in bold I would definitely keep. 

IN/OUT:

Peter Haring - undecided, needs to get back to previous levels. Currently a no for me.

Steven Naismith - We were so much better when he came on v QoS. He'll retire here, and will move into coaching.

Andy Halliday - does the spade work, think he'll thrive with fans creating an atmosphere.

Gary Mackay-Steven - been a bit pish, but he's the real deal and I have no doubt will come good.

Andy Irving - only if he wants to. Not irreplaceable if he wants to leave but would be dissappointed. 

Loïc Damour - shite

Elliott Frear - shite

Jamie Brandon - 3 cruciate injuries at 23 y/o. Lucky if he'll kick a ball again.

Craig Halkett - has his moments, think ultimately we should look to upgrade for next season, but keep him in the squad.

Mihai Popescu - don't think he'll be good enough for the Premiership and his mistakes will be more costly.

Gervane Kastaneer - undecided, haven't seen enough to make my mind up about him.

LOANS: 

Connor Smith (on loan at Cove Rangers) - undecided, might be worth giving a shot

Harry Cochrane (on loan at Montrose) - see how he does in pre-season but have a feeling he's had his chance

Chris Hamilton (on loan at Stirling Albion) - usnure, don't know what he's like now that he's moved to midfield 

WISH LIST:

Judging by the current squad and those who will/should leave, we need around 8-10 players. We'll probably never sign any of these because most of them would be too sensible, but I would like...:

GK: Ross Stewart would be fine for me, would maybe consider Laidlaw (Ross County) if it doesn't work out.

RB: Stephen O'Donnell would be nice. If not, Devlin or Fraser would be acceptable as backup to Smith.

CM: Alan Campbell please (replaces Lee), would also be cool to nick Irvine (replaces Haring) off the Hibees. Would still like Tshibola (replaces Damour) as well, so all three ideally.

R/LW: Thomas Robert (replaces Frear) and Connor McLennan (replaces Roberts) would be nice. Greg Kiltie (replaces Moore) would also be acceptable. 

ST: Might take Stevie May as an option coming off the bench (replaces Wighton) but he can be pish. Mentioned Aneke from Charlton a few times, still take him (replaces Henderson). 

What a post, cap doffed 

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'd also keep Henderson (he looks happy at Hearts and has abit of strength about him, I think you need that in the SPL)

Let go

Doyle - same as Zlamal

Halliday - best years behind him in my opinion

Halkett - meh I wouldn't rush to keep him

So you would only let 3 go? 

Furthermore any player that wants to go forward the shackles, are put on them i could name you a player that played for us that wanted to go forward, but he was screamed at any time he was out of position.

I'll add if you watch McEneff who in the first game, was bursting forward making runs etc when he played on Friday as soon as he passed that ball, he was right back into the centre of the pitch, it's blatantly obvious he's playing to instruction. 

Why Neilson has to do this against championship opposition? Only he could explain, the gap between midfield and Boyce which has been an ongoing problem of ours, over the last few years has been glaring to see, how many times was it lumped upto Uche or a few others in the forward role? Who has had to play upfront on their own, it's eye bleeding, and is it any wonder you can see the frustration on Boyce?. 

12 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

What a post, cap doffed 

Thanks mate. Was between Zoom calls so had time to have a proper kick at the baw 😂

haveyouheard1874
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Furthermore any player that wants to go forward the shackles, are put on them i could name you a player that played for us that wanted to go forward, but he was screamed at any time he was out of position.

I'll add if you watch McEneff who in the first game, was bursting forward making runs etc when he played on Friday as soon as he passed that ball, he was right back into the centre of the pitch, it's blatantly obvious he's playing to instruction. 

Why Neilson has to do this against championship opposition? Only he could explain, the gap between midfield and Boyce which has been an ongoing problem of ours, over the last few years has been glaring to see, how many times was it lumped upto Uche or a few others in the forward role? Who has had to play upfront on their own, it's eye bleeding, and is it any wonder you can see the frustration on Boyce?. 

Totally agree 

2 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

No doubting Naismiths ability but you have to be blinded by loyalty or friendship to believe that he’s impacting games whilst playing in the 10 Or deeper? Or is your argument that he still wishes to play as a striker but Robbie is making him play deeper? 

I think you might be forgetting just how much shite is playing round about Naismith. Naismith is not the problem, regardless of what position he plays - albeit I’ll concede he’s more effective up front - and it might be worth paying more attention to what the managers tactics are, and some of the non triers he’s got attempting to execute those tactics.

Naismith is not a turd polisher, or a fecking magician!!

No doubting Naismiths ability but you have to be blinded by loyalty or friendship to believe that he’s impacting games whilst playing in the 10 Or deeper? Or is your argument that he still wishes to play as a striker but Robbie is making him play deeper? 

I think you might be forgetting just how much shite is playing round about Naismith. Naismith is not the problem, regardless of what position he plays - albeit I’ll concede he’s more effective up front - and it might be worth paying more attention to what the managers tactics are, and some of the non triers he’s got attempting to execute those tactics.

For somebody who is not doubting Naismith ability you’ve went to some effort thus far to doubt his ability!!

37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Name him then.  Seems these shackles have not worked on Popescu.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, martoon said:

Out of contract:

I'd retain Irving, asap, and decide on Kasteneer later. The latter has only just joined and has to be given time, which he has, to show what he can do. I've seen glimpses of a player there in the short time he's played.

Might goes:

Damour is the only one I'd be in a big rush to move on. No explanation required.

I'd definitely keep Naisy and Halliday. The criticism of the latter has been OTT, imo. I like him. He puts himself about and makes his presence felt. A scruffy player, but every team needs one.

Haring would be a fitness decision and I'd see how Popescu does in the next few months. He has impressed since replacing Berra.

I'd loan Henderson out next season to give him game time and a chance to show what he can do.

Should stay:

They all should.

Agree. 

With that, plenty of scope to get in 4/5 better players, mainly CD and cm for me and have a decent squad to cover the seasons tribulations. 

StevenNaismith

The ones in bold I’d keep, the ones I’ve underlined I’m willing to give til the end of the season before deciding and the rest can go as fas as I’m concerned.

Gordon

M. Smith

White

Souttar

Haring

Berra

Walker

Gnanduillet

Boyce

Roberts

Stewart

Naismith

Halliday

Mackay-Steven

McEneff

Irving

Cochrane

Kingsley

Damour

Zlamal

Frear

Brandon

Halkett

Moore

Popescu

Kastaneer

Ginnelly

Henderson

McGill

C. Smith

Stone

Doyle

Logan

Sandison

Watson

Hamilton

Edited by StevenNaismith

GK Gordon

RB Smith

CB Souttar, Halkett, Popescu 

LB Kingsley

DM Haring

CM McEneff, Irving, Halliday

AM Walker

WG GMS

FW Boyce, Gnanduillet, Naismith 

Probably keep, Stewart & Ginnelly on top of that. 

Need 5 or 6 in. CB, RB, 2xCM, 2Attacking wide players, maybe another forward depending on whether Gnanduillet makes the grade. 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith was arguably are best player on Friday when he came on, the intensity went up. 

He's not the problem, we need someone of naisys experience in the premiership, 

It's hitting us in the face what the problem is. 

To me Naismith is no longer a regular starter but he is effective coming off the bench and a strong figure around the club. There is no need to get rid of him.

Of those out of contract, I would only look to keep Irving (though I think he will be off in the Summer, I think he is wanting to move abroad.) Though I would maybe keep Cochrane on a 1 year deal (I think this may be Robbie's thinking from quotes earlier.) With Moore off, and surely Roberts and Damour, as well. I would send Brandon out on loan for the season as I just think he will never get time to settle and play reguarly at Hearts. If Haring is not getting up to speed, then I would also consider moving him on. Depending who we get in, I would maybe suggest Henderson going on loan to the championship for 6 months before reviewing how he does, I think getting a regular game and scoring would make a big difference to him.

So if all those players leave it means we are down to a first team of 13 players. Its a drastic cull but can also allow us to build properly. It means we can promote some youth players to the first team (Cochrane (if he stays,) Logan, Stone, Watson for example) and allows us to sign properly. Would also point out that in terms of rebuilding for next season, we may not have the biggest job in the Premiership, Kilmarnock only have 5 players contracted for next season.

With Savage in place I am much more confident about our recruitment. Summer of 2018 is last big change in personnel. Only 11 players stayed from the season before through the season. But looking back it was a bad recruitment that looked good initially but fell apart soon after. Of 15 first team players signed permanently in that window only 2 are in the first team (Haring and Zlamel, though Zlamel is now a 3rd choice goalkeeper.) 

22 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

The ones in bold I’d keep, the ones I’ve underlined I’m willing to give til the end of the season before deciding and the rest can go as fas as I’m concerned.

Gordon

M. Smith

White

Souttar

Haring

Berra

Walker

Gnanduillet

Boyce

Roberts

Stewart

Naismith

Halliday

Mackay-Steven

McEneff

Irving

Cochrane

Kingsley

Damour

Zlamal

Frear

Brandon

Halkett

Moore

Popescu

Kastaneer

Ginnelly

Henderson

McGill

C. Smith

Stone

Doyle

Logan

Sandison

Watson

Hamilton

Given Stewart likely wont play again this season what will he need to do to convince you? 😄

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

M. Smith

White

Souttar

Haring

Berra

Walker

Gnanduillet

Boyce

Roberts

Stewart

Naismith

Halliday

Mackay-Steven

McEneff

Irving

Cochrane

Kingsley

Damour

Zlamal

Frear

Brandon

Halkett

Moore

Popescu

Kastaneer

Ginnelly

Henderson

McGill

C. Smith

Stone

Doyle

Logan

Sandison

Watson

Hamilton

Why are you wanting rid of Logan and Watson, saying as their our best right back and left back prospects?

3 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I don't think our HC plays players to their strengths. I don't like our tactics and our approach to games. How these players would fair if the shackles were off and allowed to express themselves on the pitch I don't know. Makes this question a really difficult one. 

That's where I am at.

Gordon - No brainer, keep.

Stewart - Keep

Zlamal/Doyle - bye bye

Brandon -Souttar- Haring. Injuries have hurt them bad. Time to cut our losses imo, Souttar may deserve one more chance but I can't see it.

Smith - Keep

Kingsley - Keep

Halkett - Jury out, but I'll go back to quoted part.

Berra - bye bye as a player, may be handy to have around the coaching team.

Popescu - Worth keeping as a back up.

Frear - bye bye

Roberts - bye bye

Irving - Wouldn't be breaking the bank. Potential is there, see quoted part.

Halliday - Keep, but must do more, also see quoted part.

White - Offers something on left, again see quoted part.

Walker - No great loss if he goes, must do more if he stays. Not sure if quoted part covers him as I think his attitude is all wrong to start with.

Naismith - Experienced yes, but could be offering more. Quoted part may be part of that. On his wages, another year older....wouldn't be shedding any tears if he goes.

Boyce - keep

Henderson - only seeing it in small pieces, needs to do more, see quoted part but I would let go.

New signings need a bit more time to judge.

McGill, Smith, Cochrane etc still young enough but see quoted part.

I don't think under the right manager and with some freedom that a major overhaul is required.

Under Neilson, a complete overhaul is required as he really struggles to get any consistency in performances from this squad of players.

Hallkett is poor imo and has looked ordinary in the championship, i would only be keeping Souttar from our CB's.

Would like to see us keep the following

Keepers

Gordon 

Stone

Stewart

defenders

Smith

Kingsley

Souttar

Midfeilders

maceneff

Haring (see if he can still cut it)

Walker (last chance season for him)

Halliday (only as a back up Lb)

Ginelly (offer him a 1 year deal with option to extend)

Gms

strikers

Boyce

Gnando

If irving isnt willing to accept our offer then we need to move on quickly imo.

Naismith i feel needs to either join the coaching staff or be a rarely used squad player, For me he isn't cutting it.

So that means i would like us to add 3 x new Cb's, 2 x new midfeilders, 2 x new wingers and 2 x new strikers, that would give us a 23 man squad with the rest filled in by youth.

Alot of work needing done again imo.

Edited by gregzy2k7

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

IN/OUT:

Loïc Damour - shite

Elliott Frear - shite

LOANS: 

WISH LIST:

What this guys says, not keen on May tho. 

All this who we should keep debate is null and void if Robbie can't play a decent offensive formation and cut out this negative 2 DM. Get a couple of box to box midfielders in and a quality CH. And play Naismith as a striker in a 4-4-2 set up.

This is My Story Podcast
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

For somebody who is not doubting Naismith ability you’ve went to some effort thus far to doubt his ability!!

No doubting his ability at all, if we are talking about him as a striker........he isn’t a turd polisher or a magician, ill give you that. I think it’s best for everyone at the club if he plays as a striker. He’s a natural finisher, and someone who I think would work well with Boyce up top. I think we need his leadership on the park but that leadership is only positive if he is impacting games and I don’t think he does that from deep. 

What are the managers tactics if not the slow side to side passages we see? Our game is all about possession. If that’s not his instructions and not his way of playing, why do we see it every week? My big problem isn’t the possession based football, it’s the fact that when it doesn’t work or isn’t carried out to his instructions, he doesn’t change it. At half time he changed nothing, by the end of the 90 minutes he had changed nothing shape wise. We finished 4231 and started 4231, we just rotated the players that came on to fit them into the system. On Saturday we will line up, 4231 but this time the big man will go up top and Boyce will play the 10, something that didn’t really work at Ayr either. He’ll play GMS even tho he hasn’t done much and he’ll stick with Halliday and Irving in the middle although I am hopeful of McEneff being close to starting. My big fear with McEneff is he’ll drop Irving for him and stick with Halliday. 

3 hours ago, jambonian said:

Naismith shouldn't be played anywhere else other than upfront in a two. He'll get goals but won't if he's at the halfway line. If Neilson actually played him where he's the most effective we wouldn't be having a conversation about it. 

On new players....I don't care how they do this but they should do their utmost to try and get Dunne back here permanently if possible. He's the perfect replacement for Berra and him and Souttar could be excellent together. Both have different capabilities and Dunne has pace, height, strength, shows passion, fight, left-footed and young enough to be here for a few years before making a big money move back down south. Also loved playing for Hearts. He'll be available on a free so to me it's a no-brainer. If we want to make a big impact and show that we're going to be taken seriously then these are the type of signings we need to look at. It's either that or some other no-mark who'll be here for a year and move on.....and repeat.

Brandon needs to go and get a fresh challenge so that leaves space for O'Donnell to come in as competition for Smith. 

Midfield and Damour needs to go. Lee will be away, Halliday is handy back-up as left-sided defensive midfield or back-up left-back. Same with White although arguably White is a more aggressive type of player which we'll probably need. Jury's out on Haring at the moment. Irving will be away, McEneff will get games so Alan Campbell at Motherwell should be looked at to replace one of the others. Winger wise, Ginelly should hopefully be part of the future. Frear, Roberts and Moore can leave. Mackay-Steven will come into his own playing at a higher level and with a full pre-season under him. Another goalscorer is also needed. Boyce can't do it all on his own and as said, Naismith should be used as an out and out forward along with Gnadulliet. 

So..lose Kastaneer, Frear, Roberts, (Haring), Lee, Moore, Brandon, Irving (assuming he won't re-sign), Berra and Damour.

Keep Halkett, Halliday, White and Popescu as back-up players/subs

Sign Dunne, O'Donnell, Ginelly, Campbell, another striker.

The squad would look something like this...

Gordon, Smith, O'Donnell, Kingsley, Dunne, Souttar, McEneff, Walker, Mackay-Steven, Ginelly, Boyce, Naismith, Gnanduillet, (Haring), Campbell, leaving space for some youngsters to develop and get a chance as well as the back-up squad players Halliday, Halkett, White and Popescu. So that'll be about eighteen players plus youngsters.

You not been watching Burnley lately ?, Dunne playing / in squad most weeks.  No way we could afford the transfer or wages of a Premier League player on a permanent deal.

• davemclaren changed the title to Who Should Robbie Keep If We Get Promotion...... ? ( merged )