Who Should Robbie Keep If We Get Promotion...... ? ( merged )

Agentjambo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agentjambo

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Wrinkly Ninja

All of those out of contract could go and I wouldn’t care, most should go. All of your might go list can go the same way and in fact it would be concerning if most on that list were considered good enough to stay. Of the players on your should stay list Halkett, Souttar, Mackay Steven and Walker could also go and I would have similar levels of care.

Irving the only player out of contract worth keeping. But if he doesn't stay not the end of the world. Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Halliday, Boyce, Naismith all worth keeping imo. McEneff & Gnando will obviously be here as we've just signed them. The rest are "meh". Shame how it's turned out for Haring.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Going to need to be yet another summer of big numbers coming and going because the current squad ain't gonna take us where we want to go.

I'd look to keep.

Gordon. 

Smith.

Kingsley.

Irving.

Boyce.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Naismith is an absolute must to get rid of. Most of the players are tbh. I’d like to see Halkett move on. Massively overrated. I’d keep Irving 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Naismith is an absolute must to get rid of. Most of the players are tbh. I’d like to see Halkett move on. Massively overrated. I’d keep Irving 

Not really getting the money's worth now. Regrettable. 

Halkett can stay as back up.

Irving, meh.

Most of the others are not really worth a debate. 

Gordon Smith Kingsley Souttar 

McEneff Mackay Steven 

Boyce Gnanduillet

Rest could go, and reasonably be replaced given performance levels or vfm. Minutes played and effectiveness. 

Of course they won't, some of this season's starters would be squad men, if we are to improve. If Naismith is not going to play even 2/3 then its waste to have such an expensive squad man.

Reckon we could save a good bit of cash and improve it. Midfield overhaul from the roots for me

Naismith was arguably are best player on Friday when he came on, the intensity went up. 

He's not the problem, we need someone of naisys experience in the premiership, 

It's hitting us in the face what the problem is. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith was arguably are best player on Friday when he came on, the intensity went up. 

If we aren’t going to play Naismith where he is most effective or use him as he is most effective then the money going to him would be better spent on someone who is an expert in that position.

I also know where the problem is. Round holes and square pegs applies all through our club and has done for a number of years.

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I agree that Naismith still has a role to play. 

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Lack of pace? General lack of effort? 

36 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He needs to play as close to Boyce as possible. It’s because nothing is coming from midfield that one or both are dropping so deep all the time. It’s obvious to even the least observant of football fans that they are two players who work well together yet we hardly ever get to see it. 

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Going to need to be yet another summer of big numbers coming and going because the current squad ain't gonna take us where we want to go.

I'd look to keep.

Gordon. 

Smith.

Kingsley.

Irving.

Boyce.

This. 

WheatfieldWarrior
36 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If he could only manage 10 minutes, you could argue he was one of the worst - even Vanacek and Swanson lasted longer than that. Talent, yes, fitness, no. Next year is also another year on the clock.

Out of contract:

I'd retain Irving, asap, and decide on Kasteneer later. The latter has only just joined and has to be given time, which he has, to show what he can do. I've seen glimpses of a player there in the short time he's played.

Might goes:

Damour is the only one I'd be in a big rush to move on. No explanation required.

I'd definitely keep Naisy and Halliday. The criticism of the latter has been OTT, imo. I like him. He puts himself about and makes his presence felt. A scruffy player, but every team needs one.

Haring would be a fitness decision and I'd see how Popescu does in the next few months. He has impressed since replacing Berra.

I'd loan Henderson out next season to give him game time and a chance to show what he can do.

Should stay:

They all should.

43 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's a massive problem if he doesn't like playing on astro 

Bobby, Frear, Roberts, Damour get rid asap

otherwise not too fussed. Guys like White, Halkett, Popescu, Halliday should be squad players. If we sign top quality players for starting Xi then not bothered by them.

we need to end the constant massive squad turnover. It’s madness 

Halliday is a prime examaple. Should be second choice lb and someone who can play cm in a crisis. Issue atm is Kingsley doesn’t get injured; Haring isn’t fit and Mceneff has just joined 

Edited by R1874

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Presumably it's Neilson, and not the group of players who have been inconsistent for years?

A_A wehatethehibs

Delighted with the clearout that has took place so far. Once we get 10-12 more cleared out in the summer, With Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, GMS, Boyce, Gnanduillet Naismith there’s the makings of a squad just need to add 10 so more that are that standard, and look to find some good exciting youngsters, that is especially important as we don’t really have any at the club right now. But the toughest positions are the ones we need to fill Neilsons managerial career will make or break on the basis of the quality 2x CB and 2x CMs that are required in order for everything else to function. Gets that wrong and he’s gone by Christmas IMO 

20 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think we'll extend Stewart, Irving if we can, Ginelly is a maybe, Berra is a Maybe, Kasteneer is to early to say.

Would be ridiculous to offer Berra a new contract.

2 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Irving the only player out of contract worth keeping. But if he doesn't stay not the end of the world. Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Halliday, Boyce, Naismith all worth keeping imo. McEneff & Gnando will obviously be here as we've just signed them. The rest are "meh". Shame how it's turned out for Haring.

Keeper is worth retaining. Stewart not Bobby 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Jamie Walker's shots?

7 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Presumably it's Neilson, and not the group of players who have been inconsistent for years?

You’re wasting your time. There are folks on here who just want to totally skim over the fact the mess RN inherited. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

So to think we could loose 12+ players it will be a massive squad rebuild in the summer? 

This has been a big problem with Hearts for years ( mostly the Levein years to be fair ) Siging player on 3 year deal before they have even shown they are good enough has cost the club Millions. Signing players who have previous injury problems hoping they will come good is another. There has to be a way of signing players with a clause that should they prove to be not up to standard their contract can be terminated.

We rebuild year after year and hardly make two season with a proper core to build from. Signing each window SHOULD only happen if the player will improve the team. One of Levein's mantras was he would only sign players to improve the team yet signed complete huddies on three year deals.

We had a great core of players the last time we won the Championship and Levein ripped it apart. when two or three additions would have sufficed, unfortunately we have not moved forward since then and we find ourselves in the same place having to break up the whole team and start again. Maybe the director of football will change this cycle, I certainly hope so.

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

So to think we could loose 12+ players it will be a massive squad rebuild in the summer? 

It will need to be a massive rebuild. 

So many of that squad won't cut it in the spl, especially if we have hopes of finishing in the top three or four. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’re wasting your time. There are folks on here who just want to totally skim over the fact the mess RN inherited. 

We have a weird section of our support who hate Neilson, who hated Levein (prior to his ruinous rein), and who hate Budge.  I don't get it at all tbh.  

There appears to be a large portion of our support whose memories only go back to 2005.  We should be challenging the Hobbits and the Sheep for third place but the stadium renovation absorbed a significant amount of funding following coming out of administration. 

I am not convinced that, assuming promotion, Hearts will not be struggling in Bottom 6 to avoid relegation.

Ainsley Harriott

Keep

Gordon

Smith 

Kingsley

Irving

McEeneff 

Boyce

Nando

The rest can **** right off. Fed up of hearing about how important having the experience of Naismish is. Hes been here about 3 years, if his experience is so valuable then why are we where we are?

Dagger Is Back

I don't think our HC plays players to their strengths. I don't like our tactics and our approach to games. How these players would fair if the shackles were off and allowed to express themselves on the pitch I don't know. Makes this question a really difficult one. In saying that there are certain players who will never do it for us no matter how we play i.e. Frear

Out of contract

I'd keep White as a squad member

Irving is a keep for me

Everyone else can go and that includes Ginnelly unless we can be sure that he is completely over this. Kastaneer is too early to tell

In contract

I'd keep Gordon, Smith, Boyce

I wouldn't lose any sleep if any of the rest left but with the following thoughts

Souttar - see Ginnelly

Haring - see Ginnelly

Kingsley - after initially impressing I'm seeing a different player. A player that is caught out by a simple ball, whose positioning is suspect at times and who is mugged far too easily by a fast winger

Naismith - he' s on big money. Do we get value for that money? I see that value in assists and goals and he's just not turned up this season overall

Halkett - disappointing stuff from him so far this season but if I remember rightly Pressley and Zal had shaky moments during their early careers with us too

Gnanduillet/McEnneff - too early to say 

GMS - need to find out what his issue is as he has been a major disappointment to date

Walker - need to play him in a position that gets the best out of him

I. 

Go: Damour, Frear, Roberts, Doyle, Bobby, Wighton, Moore, Brandon, Berra

Wouldn't be too fussed, Walker & Halliday

A minor rebuild is probably needed, I'd hope Budge/Savage are stressing the need to go for players who are going to improve us. We don't need anymore wasters on the wage bill.

Go for the best 14 players we can afford and back them up with youngsters. Injuries may be a risk, but I think we need to make more effort with the academy. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Keep

Gordon

Smith 

Kingsley

Irving

McEeneff 

Boyce

Nando

The rest can **** right off. Fed up of hearing about how important having the experience of Naismish is. Hes been here about 3 years, if his experience is so valuable then why are we where we are?

He’s been one of the reasons we’ve been so shit. Strikes me as an utter dick

This is My Story Podcast

Naismith is a HUGE part of our problems both on and off the park. On the park, he can’t effect games from the start like he wants to or we need him to. He’s playing in a deeper role which doesn’t suit him or the team. Walker has suffered immensely due to being moved out of position to make way for Naismith in the 10. The manager and coaching staff want him on the park due to his ability to coach and encourage. That is all fair and well but unfortunately it becomes pointless when he himself isn’t impacting games. For me, Naismith is an impact player from the bench like Friday night. If he’s not that he has to play as a striker and nothing else. He’s pointless playing in the 10 or midfield. The other problem is the length of his contract and the fact that he isn’t going to be happy sitting on the bench but isn’t showing enough to merit starting. That’s a worry for me. 

Irving the only out of contract player I’d keep however it needs sorted soon as his performances has dropped off. 

We need a keeper if Harry Stone isn’t ready to join up with the first team next season. Gordon is invaluable to us, that’s a big worry considering he’s 38. Not a worry but if he gets injured we are fooooooooked! 

Wingers. Wingers. Wingers. We need 2 of proper decent quality. 

1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I think we'll extend Stewart, Irving if we can, Ginelly is a maybe, Berra is a Maybe, Kasteneer is to early to say.

Is he not a loan signing from Coventry? We haven't got him on a permanent dea.l The same applies to Ginnelly although I know there are strong rumours we are going to sign him at the end of his loan deal as he is available.

6 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

We need a keeper if Harry Stone isn’t ready to join up with the first team next season. Gordon is invaluable to us, that’s a big worry considering he’s 38. Not a worry but if he gets injured we are fooooooooked! 

RE goalkeeper, Ross Stewarts contract with Livi is up in the summer so presumably, we'll move to sign him. 

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Naismith is a HUGE part of our problems both on and off the park. On the park, he can’t effect games from the start like he wants to or we need him to. He’s playing in a deeper role which doesn’t suit him or the team. Walker has suffered immensely due to being moved out of position to make way for Naismith in the 10. The manager and coaching staff want him on the park due to his ability to coach and encourage. That is all fair and well but unfortunately it becomes pointless when he himself isn’t impacting games. For me, Naismith is an impact player from the bench like Friday night. If he’s not that he has to play as a striker and nothing else. He’s pointless playing in the 10 or midfield. The other problem is the length of his contract and the fact that he isn’t going to be happy sitting on the bench but isn’t showing enough to merit starting. That’s a worry for me. 

Irving the only out of contract player I’d keep however it needs sorted soon as his performances has dropped off. 

Wingers. Wingers. Wingers. We need 2 of proper decent quality. 

A good assessment. We also need two centre halfs, one of which needs to be a starter. Big summer ahead.

This is My Story Podcast
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

RE goalkeeper, Ross Stewarts contract with Livi is up in the summer so presumably, we'll move to sign him. 

He’s 4th choice keeper at livi, I’d hope

we’d be looking for someone better but understand he’s done more than enough when called upon. 

Just now, This is My Story Podcast said:

He’s 4th choice keeper at livi, I’d hope

we’d be looking for someone better but understand he’s done more than enough when called upon. 

In the few games I’ve seen him he’s looked perfectly adequate as a second keeper but we need to be working towards a replacement for Gordon in a couple of years. Not convinced Stewart is that. 

Naismith being sacrificed for a manager that doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of him, Levein ****ed Haring, ****ed Naismith but all this goes unnoticed. 

If Robbie is so good a manager then why aren't we seeing, this type of performance from Irving? 

Honestly i can't believe kickback Naismith a serial winner, was the main man in many teams, or Robbie who was the average Joe in our Champions league qualifying team. 

I'm all for people having opinions but Jesus. 

This is My Story Podcast
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith being sacrificed for a manager that doesn't have a clue how to get the best out of him, Levein ****ed Haring, ****ed Naismith but all this goes unnoticed. 

If Robbie is so good a manager then why aren't we seeing, this type of performance from Irving? 

Honestly i can't believe kickback Naismith a serial winner, was the main man in many teams, or Robbie who was the average Joe in our Champions league qualifying team. 

I'm all for people having opinions but Jesus. 

No doubting Naismiths ability but you have to be blinded by loyalty or friendship to believe that he’s impacting games whilst playing in the 10 Or deeper? Or is your argument that he still wishes to play as a striker but Robbie is making him play deeper? 

Naismith shouldn't be played anywhere else other than upfront in a two. He'll get goals but won't if he's at the halfway line. If Neilson actually played him where he's the most effective we wouldn't be having a conversation about it. 

On new players....I don't care how they do this but they should do their utmost to try and get Dunne back here permanently if possible. He's the perfect replacement for Berra and him and Souttar could be excellent together. Both have different capabilities and Dunne has pace, height, strength, shows passion, fight, left-footed and young enough to be here for a few years before making a big money move back down south. Also loved playing for Hearts. He'll be available on a free so to me it's a no-brainer. If we want to make a big impact and show that we're going to be taken seriously then these are the type of signings we need to look at. It's either that or some other no-mark who'll be here for a year and move on.....and repeat.

Brandon needs to go and get a fresh challenge so that leaves space for O'Donnell to come in as competition for Smith. 

Midfield and Damour needs to go. Lee will be away, Halliday is handy back-up as left-sided defensive midfield or back-up left-back. Same with White although arguably White is a more aggressive type of player which we'll probably need. Jury's out on Haring at the moment. Irving will be away, McEneff will get games so Alan Campbell at Motherwell should be looked at to replace one of the others. Winger wise, Ginelly should hopefully be part of the future. Frear, Roberts and Moore can leave. Mackay-Steven will come into his own playing at a higher level and with a full pre-season under him. Another goalscorer is also needed. Boyce can't do it all on his own and as said, Naismith should be used as an out and out forward along with Gnadulliet. 

So..lose Kastaneer, Frear, Roberts, (Haring), Lee, Moore, Brandon, Irving (assuming he won't re-sign), Berra and Damour.

Keep Halkett, Halliday, White and Popescu as back-up players/subs

Sign Dunne, O'Donnell, Ginelly, Campbell, another striker.

The squad would look something like this...

Gordon, Smith, O'Donnell, Kingsley, Dunne, Souttar, McEneff, Walker, Mackay-Steven, Ginelly, Boyce, Naismith, Gnanduillet, (Haring), Campbell, leaving space for some youngsters to develop and get a chance as well as the back-up squad players Halliday, Halkett, White and Popescu. So that'll be about eighteen players plus youngsters.

Edited by jambonian

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In the few games I’ve seen him he’s looked perfectly adequate as a second keeper but we need to be working towards a replacement for Gordon in a couple of years. Not convinced Stewart is that. 

I quite like the Dundee Utd keeper.

1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

No doubting Naismiths ability but you have to be blinded by loyalty or friendship to believe that he’s impacting games whilst playing in the 10 Or deeper? Or is your argument that he still wishes to play as a striker but Robbie is making him play deeper? 

Naismith can play a variety of positions, he drops deeper as our midfield players like Halliday etc seem to be reluctant to take on their man, which results in him dropping deeper to try get involved. 

The team doesn't play to to freedom, they are scared to make mistakes, resulting in the side way passing all the time, which gives you what you got on Friday complete and utter shite. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Who Should Robbie Keep If We Get Promotion...... ? ( merged )