Neil Mccann

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

I know it didn’t work out at Dundee, but was impressed with what ICT tried to do last night. they were brave and went for it as far as their ability allowed.  With greater funds I now think he could be a decent shout.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Not convinced and again, it feels as if we’d be making the minimum amount of effort with the appointment. Savage should be allowed to get a proper shortlist together from much further afield.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I know it didn’t work out at Dundee, but was impressed with what ICT tried to do last night. they were brave and went for it as far as their ability allowed.  With greater funds I now think he could be a decent shout.

Would have been a big no from me before but I would almost take anyone over Neilson now

Always think he talks about football like Johnny Wilkinson talks about rugby union.

Folk laugh but he played at a club that sets high standards and a win at all costs approach. Whether he could carry players into that mindset, who knows

In all honesty we need to make a brave appointment in having someone who will come in and be allowed to bring in a full team to help overhaul the culture at the club (from a management perspective). As it’s quite galling that we have a club of our size, with the facilities we have (everyone bangs on about them being elite level and a huge draw for players) and we just have people who are comfortable fits.

Stendel was the one I hoped would come in and do that, but from the beginning he was fighting a losing battle with his predecessor still in the building trying to to deals for players to leave, a captain not being happy at being called out for being crap (which was true, but that’s by the by), not being allowed to bring in his management team of choice due to Barnsley being arseholes and only having one window to bring in players and it was January when good deals are hard to come by. He also faced opposition from the Scottish press, players and some fans did not like him or his style either.

But we need someone to come in and shake things up. Get the modern way of football instilled with sports science and everything at the fore. So bringing in a Neilson or a McCann who “knows the place” is just a comfortable stop gap. They’re not tactically good enough as coaches to revolutionise the way we play, so they just casually put the teams out and expect the facilities, staff and players to do a good enough job. These players with these coaches need harsher facilities, pitches etc to draw some fight out of them. But we need a coach/culture that’s going to bring the best out of the players with the elite facilities we have - the McCann’s of this world are not going to do that.

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nah I think it will be like reappointing Robbie.

People were desperate for Cathro to be appointed thinking that he was some sort of managerial messiah and look how that worked out. Neil McCann is an unproven manager who got one decent performance out of ICT. Think we'll stick with the current set up for a bit thanks, especially as RN has got two clubs promoted from the Championship already.

Edited by Jambos_1874

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Nah I think it will be like reappointing Robbie.

he nothing like Robbie at all other than he used to play for hearts and is scottish, plays very open, attack minded and is very aggressive on the touch line. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

People were desperate for Catholic to be appointed thinking that he was some sort of managerial messiah and look how that worked out. Neil McConnell is an unproven manager who got one decent performance out of ICT. Think we'll stick with the current set up for a bit thanks, especially as RN has got two clubs promoted from the Championship already.

bit bigoted that mate 😆 

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

People were desperate for Cathro to be appointed thinking that he was some sort of managerial messiah and look how that worked out. Neil McCann is an unproven manager who got one decent performance out of ICT. Think we'll stick with the current set up for a bit thanks, especially as RN has got two clubs promoted from the Championship already.

Who were desperate for Cathro to be appointed? 

Or do you mean a couple of jammy wearers on kback ?

Bazzas right boot

Ffs. 

Now the answer is a guy who is temp charge of ict because he    scraped a draw with us, a guy who was  sacked by Dundee after being utter shite. 

:getout:

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

Now the answer is a guy who is temp charge of ict because he    scraped a draw with us, a guy who was  sacked by Dundee after being utter shite. 

Aye, you're having  to do a bit of fire fighting  today. Blazes everywhere, some small, some harder to put out.  Good overtime 👍though

A_A wehatethehibs

the last time we went with kickbacks shout for manager, it got us relegated 

So now I hope the club reviews this forum and any time there's a shout for manager, cross that name off the list

̶N̶e̶i̶l̶ ̶M̶c̶C̶a̶n̶n̶

̶S̶t̶u̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶M̶c̶c̶a̶l̶l̶
̶T̶o̶m̶m̶y̶ ̶W̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
̶S̶t̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶P̶r̶e̶s̶l̶e̶y̶
̶P̶a̶u̶l̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶t̶l̶e̶y̶
̶N̶a̶i̶s̶m̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶
̶D̶a̶n̶i̶e̶l̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶l̶

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

😀

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Aye, you're having  to do a bit of fire fighting  today. Blazes everywhere, some small, some harder to put out.  Good overtime 👍though

I like McCann, but Ffs really? 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

the last time we went with kickbacks shout for manager, it got us relegated 

So now I hope the club reviews this forum and any time there's a shout for manager, cross that name off the list

̶N̶e̶i̶l̶ ̶M̶c̶C̶a̶n̶n̶

̶S̶t̶u̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶M̶c̶c̶a̶l̶l̶
̶T̶o̶m̶m̶y̶ ̶W̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶
̶S̶t̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶P̶r̶e̶s̶l̶e̶y̶
̶P̶a̶u̶l̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶t̶l̶e̶y̶
̶N̶a̶i̶s̶m̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶P̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶
̶D̶a̶n̶i̶e̶l̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶l̶

😂😂😂

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ffs. 

So you don’t want neilson to be judged but want to judge Mccann after 1 job. 🤷‍♂️

all I’m saying is I won’t be surprised if he goes on to do well.. 

Nae offence OP but folk talk of standards and expectations then come out with Jim Goodwin, Callum Davidson and now Neil McCann as likely successors to Robbie. :vrface:

****ing hell man. If we are ever going to fulfil our potential, we need a manager who has a track record, who has done the business domestically and has European experience. Someone from a higher level and a higher calibre of coach. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So you don’t want neilson to be judged but want to judge Mccann after 1 job. 🤷‍♂️

all I’m saying is I won’t be surprised if he goes on to do well.. 

I do want Robbie judged, or more accurately, folk can judge how they want, but on a Hearts forum if they spew bile, negatively and post lies they should be prepared to be called out. 

I don't want him sacked and replaced by Mcann tho. 

Mcann might go on to do well. 

As might Robbie, like he did first time. 

I could say You want to give a guy with a far worse record a chance at Hearts while not giving the guy with a far better record a chance. 

I don't understand that logic. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Nae offence OP but folk talk of standards and expectations then come out with Jim Goodwin, Callum Davidson and now Neil McCann as likely successors to Robbie. :vrface:

****ing hell man. If we are ever going to fulfil our potential, we need a manager who has a track record, who has done the business domestically and has European experience. Someone from a higher level and a higher calibre of coach. 

All fair. 

Neil McCann has worked on many of our games for the radio so had fully scouted our style of play. Will be more interesting to see how comes up against other teams 

kingantti1874
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I do want Robbie judged, or more accurately, folk can judge how they want, but on a Hearts forum if they spew bile, negatively and post lies they should be prepared to be called out. 

I don't want him sacked and replaced by Mcann tho. 

Mcann might go on to do well. 

As might Robbie, like he did first time. 

I could say You want to give a guy with a far worse record a chance at Hearts while not giving the guy with a far better record a chance. 

I don't understand that logic. 

I’ve defended Robbie massively, right now I’ve no idea what the **** he’s trying to do. Our problems are clear as day yet we make the same ones week in week out. It’s bizarre.

no one can say he’s not getting a chance.. I don’t know how to defend this anymore. 

I don’t see any ways he survives if this continues. 

Салатные палочки

Outstanding player for us. Not convinced he will ever be good enough to manage us. 

Neil is the best pundit on the radio because he actually knows what he's talking about. He can read a football match and can see where a team is going wrong.

He's a student of the game and will always look to learn and evolve as a coach and change what isn't working.

If I could I'd swap him for RN in a heartbeat. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

:vrwow: :facepalm:

I'd like to see us only change managers in May as far as possible. Gives any new manager a full window to get started. Cathro effed it up for himself by trying to do huge changes in a January window but he wasn't responsible for the timing of his appointment, but Stendel was effectively hamstrung by the time it took to get him in and then the shambolic "transition" which I am sure still saw Levein's parting shot of "advice" to Budge being "Get Neilson back in"...

If fans, manager and the fans all knew that it was club policy to only change managers in May I think we'd get loyalty from managers (not leave mid-season like Neilson last time) and they'd be more focussed on making necessary changes as they would not be so afraid of the sack (fear of the sack does not motivate performance, it inhibits it), players would know better if they should stay or go, and the fans would stop bitching so much and just get behind the club. Being able to sack managers takes 90% of the pressure and responsibility off boards for making poor appointments.

Edited by Spellczech

Bazzas right boot

I’ve defended Robbie massively, right now I’ve no idea what the **** he’s trying to do. Our problems are clear as day yet we make the same ones week in week out. It’s bizarre.

no one can say he’s not getting a chance.. I don’t know how to defend this anymore. 

I don’t see any ways he survives if this continues. 

If it continues we are up with about 12-15 points to spare. 

He's not getting sacked for that. 

And if he does get replaced, Mcann is not the answer, imo. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think you need to re set your expectations.  The economics of modern football mean that is completely impossible,  Those managers are at clubs who can pay 4/5times as much as hearts or any other club in Scotland outside of Glasgow..

hearts need to find a coach who is on the way up, then replace him with another coach who is on the way up when that one hopefully succeeds.. or get lucky with a Steve Clark type appointment. 

Have to say I quite like him. Think he has something about him. Dundee was a shitshow not of his doing. Perhaps he needed to sway from his open style when things were tough, tho.

Kinda guy could do well if given a chance.

Not sure we should be the ones to do so, as such, but I'd like him to do well.

What a player too. Christ I'd kill for McCann on the wing now!!!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Neil is the best pundit on the radio because he actually knows what he's talking about. He can read a football match and can see where a team is going wrong.

He's a student of the game and will always look to learn and evolve as a coach and change what isn't working.

If I could I'd swap him for RN in a heartbeat. 

You'd be mcann oot after the first few draws. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think you need to re set your expectations.  The economics of modern football mean that is completely impossible,  Those managers are at clubs who can pay 4/5times as much as hearts or any other club in Scotland outside of Glasgow..

hearts need to find a coach who is on the way up, then replace him with another coach who is on the way up when that one hopefully succeeds.. or get lucky with a Steve Clark type appointment. 

No, I don't think I do, thanks. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Cruyff said:

No, I don't think I do, thanks. 

just trying to help becuase regardless of whether you change your expectation or not it not going to happen! you are going to be permanently disappointed and angry.  

Still hoping we can sign players like skacel, takis and Janny no doubt 😂

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You'd be mcann oot after the first few draws. 

No, I've never been like that.

But, I can recognise a head coach who is not evolving or showing any sign of improvement: Craig Levein and Robbie Neilson for example.

I'm not even necessarily advocating Neil as the next permanent Hearts HC. I'm not sure, tbh.

However, I am pretty confident that Neil's best days as a coach are ahead of him and that Robbie's are behind. 

I'd swap right now if I could.

kingantti1874
Just now, martoon said:

But, I can recognise a head coach who is not evolving or showing any sign of improvement: Craig Levein and Robbie Neilson for example.

I'm not even necessarily advocating Neil as the next permanent Hearts HC. I'm not sure, tbh.

However, I am pretty confident that Neil's best days as a coach are ahead of him and that Robbie's are behind. 

Well articulated and captures my opening point, I’m in no way saying we should immediately jump to Mccann, maybe he doesn’t need to prove himself a bit more but I won’t be surprised if he does prove himself. 

Does anything think we’d be any worse with Mccann in charge if we did swap? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Fair enough. 

Thankfully you can't, tho. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Well articulated and captures my opening point, I’m in no way saying we should immediately jump to Mccann, maybe he doesn’t need to prove himself a bit more but I won’t be surprised if he does prove himself. 

Does anything think we’d be any worse with Mccann in charge if we did swap? 

SRB? 🤪

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Who were desperate for Cathro to be appointed? 

Or do you mean a couple of jammy wearers on kback ?

When Cathro (the boy wonder) was appointed, we all said "Who"?  No one had heard of him, but we all trusted Levein and backed him fully, especially when the media (Chris Boyd) wrote him before he started.

An utter disastrous experiment that should have seen Levein gone.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

just trying to help becuase regardless of whether you change your expectation or not it not going to happen! you are going to be permanently disappointed and angry.  

Still hoping we can sign players like skacel, takis and Janny no doubt 😂

There's literally millions of coaches out there who have managed at a higher level than the SPL as well as in continental competition but as soon as anyone mentions a foreigner... It’s apparently unrealistic. 

So we have to plonk for shite like Neilson or Neil McCann for the rest of our days, with their turdball tactics, do we? 

After one game as a temp manager from someone else's work building a squad and playing ethics.    I think you have to wait for his influence to take affect.   If he gets them better or worse.   

Iam not giving him a negative on his time at dundee.    I don't think the players enjoyed him there.   But if the same happens at inverness, then I will have to review my thoughts. 

I think the criticisms of Davidson especially, and the guy at mirren are harsh, considering they are in a cup final.   Davidson in his first season.    

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Yoda said:

When Cathro (the boy wonder) was appointed, we all said "Who"?  No one had heard of him, but we all trusted Levein and backed him fully, especially when the media (Chris Boyd) wrote him before he started.

An utter disastrous experiment that should have seen Levein gone.

You're talking rot. Most had heard of him and most thought it a really creative and positive appointment. The problem was letting it go on long after it was clear it wasn't working. You're vision in hindsight is tremendous though, I'll give you that. As an aside who gives a flying **** what fatty Boyd says about ****ing anything? 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There's literally millions of coaches out there who have managed at a higher level than the SPL as well as in continental competition but as soon as anyone mentions a foreigner... It’s apparently unrealistic. 

So we have to plonk for shite like Neilson or Neil McCann for the rest of our days, with their turdball tactics, do we? 

So you revised your criteria to be “foreign”.

You said you wanted someone from a higher level, with a proven track record domestically and in Europe.

I’ll wait for you to name a candidate who fits that bill, who we could afford. 

if it’s just a foreigner with a fancy name you are looking for them sure there will be lots of them. I’m sure there is a Neilsondinho out there somewhere or Yan Cathrovski

One thing for sure is at least Neil McCann had a bit of fire in his belly on the touchline last night. 

Neilson looked like he was drifting into a long sleep sitting in the stands. 

His teams and tactics would make anybody drop off for a kip right enough. 

So you revised your criteria to be “foreign”.

You said you wanted someone from a higher level, with a proven track record domestically and in Europe.

I’ll wait for you to name a candidate who fits that bill, who we could afford. 

if it’s just a foreigner with a fancy name you are looking for them sure there will be lots of them. I’m sure there is a Neilsondinho out there somewhere or Yan Cathrovski

No I didn't. You have decided to misquote me to suit your own argument. If you're not going to quote me right, don't bother. 

I said "we need a manager who has a track record, who has done the business domestically and has European experience." 

Plenty managers have done well in domestic competition in European football and have experience in Europe. 

But aye mate, we should go with Neil McCann or another, insert name ___________ of crap manager that's nicked a point of us. 

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not for one minute do I think Neil McCann would be the answer but one thing I do believe is that he would have us playing a better style of football than the trugid bore fest that we are watching at the moment. 

I like Neil McCann so for that reason alone he shouldn’t be considered for the job.......

I hate it when we have to sack former favourites when it inevitably goes wrong.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

I like Neil McCann so for that reason alone he shouldn’t be considered for the job.......

I hate it when we have to sack former favourites when it inevitably goes wrong.

Take your point.

The thought of Robbo being head coach and not doing well is a horrible one.