Are our coaches improving our team?

5-1Jambo

7 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

The opposition teams had this and more to handle.
We have world class facilities to train and develop 

we have international players and new signings on massive wages 

Yet our team looks lost, uninterested and getting worse against teams that are virtually amateur or at best SpFL cast offs 

Do you believe in what you are typing’ as it’s just nonsense 

It is nonsense. 

Sounds like Neilson, excuse after excuse. 

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No reserve league. 

Manny new players 

Restricted contact and training 

Ne dof and my team. 

Weren't allowed to train wen we wanted. 

Many players from last seasons failings. 

Aye, coaches oot. They're aw shite 

They are shite. 

Can easily be seen from the last four pitiful games in a row. 

Wrong teams, wrong tactics and no plan b to change things. 

You obviously have your own views but they are very much in the minority if you look at this thread and other ones. 

The growing unrest is getting bigger and bigger as each week passes. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Know you’re trying to keep a level head, but is there one player you can say is improving as the games go by this season? Nobody has had a good season IMO. Even Boyce. Yes his goals, particularly penalties have put us on this points tally so for that reason he is probably player of the year. But really has anyone looked an improved player who’s making progress and growing in confidence? Seems the opposite to me.

Irving has improved. 

I've not been keeping an aye on the older players individually. 

I hope to see GMS improve along with 2 new signings over the last 9 games. 

Not sure how much guys like Naismith, pop, Halkett Smith etc can improve, especially given the context and it's hard to judge as we are in the championship. 

I have no context for it either Tbh. 

For example are other players of similar ability improving this season faster at other clubs? 

Many on JKB are experts Ofc and can place Hearts as shite tho. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

They are shite. 

Can easily be seen from the last four pitiful games in a row. 

Wrong teams, wrong tactics and no plan b to change things. 

You obviously have your own views but they are very much in the minority if you look at this thread and other ones. 

The growing unrest is getting bigger and bigger as each week passes. 

Best in the league. 

But aye, shite. 👌

26 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

His interview after the game last night done my head in. He should have been calling the players out for the first half hour performance but came across like he was pretty happy with the result and performance. 

Didn't listen to it because I knew that pish would come out. 

Very proud of the results against the mighty Ayr, Q of South, Morton and Inverness. 

Ffs, all he is doing is embarrassing himself. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Best in the league. 

But aye, shite. 👌

Aye we are best in the league. 

A very, very shite league. 

It would be extremely embarrassing not to be top of this tinpot league. 

Are you honestly happy to see 4  performances like that in a row? 

You are entitled to your opinion but the majority of people are not happy with the dross recently served up. 

It's eye bleeding, slow, predictable and teams figure us out very quickly indeed. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Irving has improved. 

Not sure how much guys like Naismith, pop, Halkett Smith etc can improve, especially given the context and it's hard to judge as we are in the championship. 

For example are other players of similar ability improving this season faster at other clubs? 

Irving had 2 mins last night and looks like he is out the door. That’s improving a player?? 
GMS has until last night been anonymous, he has Scotland caps and was part of the invincible Celtic team- where is that player; 15 min spell vs ICT is good enough, right ?

Gnad only gets half a game and so far hasn’t done enough 

As for Kastaneer; he looks like Roberts - basically rubbish. 
You could say it as 

we are getting worse and fans are worried or

we are shite

That’s a fact.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Irving has improved. 

I don’t think Irving has improved much he’s been the same as he was last season, great some weeks but inconsistent and in certain games he just fades, gets into a scrap, doesn’t influence and can’t dominate. I haven’t seen much improvement in him anyway. 

As for the rest and older players I suppose it’s just, nobody seems confident or giving it their all. Just seems passive and disinterested. Needs a kick up the arse IMO I don’t think it’s unfair to say, this upcoming game against Dundee, this is the type of game where you really can judge a manager. We have to come up with some ideas to spring some surprises and do some damage. The expectation is to get a dominant win. We need to see a performance and resounding statement that yes we’ve drawn a couple but there’s no way we’re allowing our lead to slip. If we lose it, he’s starting to get in a bit of hot water IMO 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t think Irving has improved much he’s been the same as he was last season, great some weeks but inconsistent and in certain games he just fades, gets into a scrap, doesn’t influence and can’t dominate. I haven’t seen much improvement in him anyway. 

As for the rest and older players I suppose it’s just, nobody seems confident or giving it their all. Just seems passive and disinterested. Needs a kick up the arse IMO I don’t think it’s unfair to say, this upcoming game against Dundee, this is the type of game where you really can judge a manager. We have to come up with some ideas to spring some surprises and do some damage. The expectation is to get a dominant win. We need to see a performance and resounding statement that yes we’ve drawn a couple but there’s no way we’re allowing our lead to slip. If we lose it, he’s starting to get in a bit of hot water IMO 

Walker has improved also. 

In regards to Irving, my opinion is he has improved a little, he's maybe just not as good as some hoped. 

The next 4 games will decide if the league is over or if we're in a "title scrap." 

I think we'll take 10 from the 12, Dunfermline/Raith  will drop points and we'll be all but promoted. But, If we continue to draw or get beat a couple of times then it will mean Robbie's position is not as secure as it is now. 

I'll give the new dof manager and coach more time before judging if players are improving or not. 

lost in space

Coaches are not getting the best from the players.

In the last 3 games it is incredible that we have continued to play exactly the same tactics - with exactly same end result.

No inspiration. No changes to free kicks or corners. No increase in the number of players in opposition box. 

Chief Exec and DoF need to be asking questions but I doubt they are in our shambolic club.

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In regards to Irving, my opinion is he has improved a little, he's maybe just not as good as some hoped. 

The next 4 games will decide if the league is over or if we're in a "title scrap." 

I think we'll take 10 from the 12, Dunfermline/Raith  will drop points and we'll be all but promoted. But, If we continue to draw or get beat a couple of times then it will mean Robbie's position is not as secure as it is now. 

I'll give the new dof manager and coach more time before judging if players are improving or not. 

We will see. Fail to win against Dundee all it takes is either Dunfermline or Raith to go on a good run of wins, and they could be 3-4 points behind us with 7 to play. Then it gets to 1 game at a time hot water territory for me. Promotion cannot be allowed to go into that sort of danger without looking closely at whether the manager gets the bullet and someone brought in to stick the boot in and get us over the line. The entire appointment and defence of Neilson has been based on immediate automatic promotion, a shoe in. If that slips into jeopardy...  there’ll be no defending him. 

A resounding 3-4 goal performance against Dundee, a dismantling, with a solid game plan to expose their weaknesses and impose ourselves on the game is really what the fans need to see. A statement of intent, hunger and desire 

I can't remember the last time a player improved during his time at Hearts. Good players have got worse and poor players have stayed poor. Stendel got improvement from a few but of course that was short lived.

We look, and have looked for years weaker than the sun of our parts 

7 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

We’ve been regressing on the pitch for years regardless of who’s in charge of training, team selection, tactics and recruitment. We’ve changed manager a few times and had a massive number of incomings and outgoings and nothing seems to improve. For me the buck has to stop with the people right at the top of the club as they are the one constant in this shambles. 

Agree, folk need to realise that Budge is probably the most culpable for this shit storm, she trusted levein far too much which lead to our demotion imo and then jumped at the first chance of having robbie back or should i say levein's aprentice back. For me she has to go this summer, otherwise robbie is bulletproof and we will be in serious trouble next season if he is still in charge and things inevitably turn to shit.

Interesting comment from an “ITK” friend of mine who said that a number of the players were deliberately ignoring instruction from Lee McCulloch last night. Just passing on what I was told so don’t shoot the messenger. 

31 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Interesting comment from an “ITK” friend of mine who said that a number of the players were deliberately ignoring instruction from Lee McCulloch last night. Just passing on what I was told so don’t shoot the messenger. 

Could add to this but not going to 👍

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Coaches more time?  We are into March so we should be seeing improvements by now.  How long does RN need to see at least some sort of progress? 

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Coaches more time?  We are into March so we should be seeing improvements by now.  How long does RN need to see at least some sort of progress? 

Unsure, what do you think and why?

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Probably because around half the team knows they are out a job in 3 months. Always going to be a concern.

Guys that are trying to build a career with Hearts v guys that know they are gone in 3 months.

What would your attitude be like if you knew your employment was all but up in 3 months and you had to find a new employer?

You are relying on the individual taking pride in the job and being professional.

Called it at the start of the season, can be toxic. It is why guys like Lee and Wighton have been punted and likely why we will see little or nothing of guys like Irving again.

"Terry Butcher" syndrome

It won't be a great team spirit, about 6-10 players will know they are going or gone by now, the lads that are vested in Hearts will be pissed off as well with the guys that are looking elsewhere and maybe being dicks.

Once Robbie clears this out we can move forward, easy with guys out of contract or willing to move or even willing to be positive and help, not so easy with guys that are willing to sit on their contract, go in the huff but take the money.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Probably because around half the team knows they are out a job in 3 months. Always going to be a concern.

Guys that are trying to build a career with Hearts v guys that know they are gone in 3 months.

What would your attitude be like if you knew your employment was all but up in 3 months and you had to find a new employer?

You are relying on the individual taking pride in the job and being professional.

Called it at the start of the season, can be toxic. It is why guys like Lee and Wighton have been punted and likely why we will see little or nothing of guys like Irving again.

"Terry Butcher" syndrome

It won't be a great team spirit, about 6-10 players will know they are going or gone by now, the lads that are vested in Hearts will be pissed off as well with the guys that are looking elsewhere and maybe being dicks.

Once Robbie clears this out we can move forward, easy with guys out of contract or willing to move or even willing to be positive and help, not so easy with guys that are willing to sit on their contract, go in the huff but take the money.

Surely the fact these guys have got to the level they are at shows they got some form of commitment and dedication. I don’t buy in to players just ignoring instructions as they know they will be leaving in 3 months. 

4 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Surely the fact these guys have got to the level they are at shows they got some form of commitment and dedication. I don’t buy in to players just ignoring instructions as they know they will be leaving in 3 months. 

He's talking 💩

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

If your an employee knowing you need to get a new job in 3 months you mat have focus elsewhere.

Imo, it is why Lee left and why Wight on was punted to anyone, also why Irving may play les unless he signs.

The rest are peripheral players apart from Berra who I think Robbie may trust due to their history.

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"Terry Butcher" syndrome

You're the one who said he neilson needs time to improve players.  We are into march and not one player has improved under his coaching.  

7 months should be enough time to get your ideas across.