Halliday.. What is the actual point?

gedster

18 hours ago, gedster said:

Week after week, game after game this guy gets a wage!! Why, he's never more than a 5/10. Here, taking money and contributing nil. Another beyond disappointing signing.

He is a first division player at best I have no idea why he gets a game utterly hopeless 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• TheBigO

• merrymac

• jambopilms

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I just don’t know what Neilson sees in Halliday.

He gets picked week after week and I usually forget he’s playing. 

Sometimes it’s like being a man down.

ludicrous statement.what do you mean only Sometimes?

3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Maybe not our worst but just another so called senior, experienced , past it player not pulling his weight.

That seems to be the issue full stop of late. We can probably afford 1 passenger in this league. Since 4-0 Raith we have had 5 or 6 passengers. 

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I just don’t know what Neilson sees in Halliday.

He gets picked week after week and I usually forget he’s playing. 

Sometimes it’s like being a man down.

As I said earlier probably to do with him being a Neilson signing, and Robbie not wanting to admit he has signed a dud.

Haring for an hour then play with ten men wouldn't be any worse😨

37 minutes ago, merrymac said:

As I said earlier probably to do with him being a Neilson signing, and Robbie not wanting to admit he has signed a dud.

Haring for an hour then play with ten men wouldn't be any worse😨

He seems to have admitted it already with Frear and possibly even Roberts

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He seems to have admitted it already with Frear and possibly even Roberts

Sorry correct i should have had the word "another" in there.

Cheers👍

Guest ToqueJambo

He gets in the faces of the opposition is about the best I can say for him. I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Irving, Haring and McEneff and Walker, Gnando and Boyce in front of them

Another player suffering from the lack of half decent centre backs, I suspect he's being told to play on the front foot but doesn't trust what's behind him. 

The lack in confidence through the team stems from the lack of quality in the centre back pairing.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Another player suffering from the lack of half decent centre backs, I suspect he's being told to play on the front foot but doesn't trust what's behind him. 

The lack in confidence through the team stems from the lack of quality in the centre back pairing.

CB is the area of the team needing most attention now. We're probably working on a bit of a shoestring budget with a smaller squad by our standards, so I can see how we focused on attacking players when it came to January signings but hoping Berra would be good enough this season sees to have been a mistake, and Halkett is still a shadow of the player we signed. I guess that's why we wanted Findlay so they're aware of our shortcomings in CD. The guys we have will see us through this season, but probably two new CBs will be incoming this summer even if Souttar gets fit. Neilson must be tempted to try Haring in there if he's fit enough.

In the past we've always been very string in CD, often with a young defender in there. We haven't had anyone decent come through for ages though, and we haven't signed a good young defender around the 18 year old mark like we used to.

Edited by ToqueJambo

How long has he got on his contract ? Hopefully one who is on the GTF list at the end of this season. A waste of a jersey and nowhere near good enough for the Prem. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

CB is the area of the team needing most attention now. We're probably working on a bit of a shoestring budget with a smaller squad by our standards, so I can see how we focused on attacking players when it came to January signings but hoping Berra would be good enough this season sees to have been a mistake, and Halkett is still a shadow of the player we signed. I guess that's why we wanted Findlay so they're aware of our shortcomings in CD. The guys we have will see us through this season, but probably two new CBs will be incoming this summer even if Souttar gets fit. Neilson must be tempted to try Haring in there if he's fit enough.

In the past we've always been very string in CD, often with a young defender in there. We haven't had anyone decent come through for ages though, and we haven't signed a good young defender around the 18 year old mark like we used to.

That's how I see it TJ, unfortunately every other team in Scotland noticed as well, in fact, it's only really the experts in our own support who prefer to blame everyone else rather than what's staring at them in the face. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Really didn't want to sign him, was always happy when he was in the Rangers teams against us.

Joe average. An unnecessary player that Neilson appears to stubborn to jettison. 

Big part of the problem if you ask me. All right if you want a square go though 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Really didn't want to sign him, was always happy when he was in the Rangers teams against us.

Joe average. An unnecessary player that Neilson appears to stubborn to jettison. 

I genuinely thought we were getting some sort of psycho killer with a winner takes all attitude. All we actually got is a waste of a jersey. He is so average it's frightening. 

12 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Halkett has his limitions but id be fine with him in the right pairing.

Popescu is unfortunately mince.

complete control
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Correct 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 26/02/2021 at 22:27, gedster said:

Week after week, game after game this guy gets a wage!! Why, he's never more than a 5/10. Here, taking money and contributing nil. Another beyond disappointing signing.

Looking forward to the *****’s next podcast

12 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

100% agree with this, even still I honestly didn't think he'd be this bad.

19 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He gets in the faces of the opposition is about the best I can say for him. I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Irving, Haring and McEneff and Walker, Gnando and Boyce in front of them

My Thoughts as well and let the three creative players up front create and hopefully get some sort of understanding and let the other 7 defend against the cough cough 1 up front we face every game. 

Also what's wrong with the young guys Conor Smith and Cammy Logan and leo Watson if they're not playing for there loan club can't we have them back and play for us likes???.

If they are any good it might save us signing some more experienced duffers in the summer.

I shudder to think what we'll come up wi next week with smith and brandon injured 

McGill not on loan I don't think. I'd like to see him in place of Halliday if Haring not fancied by Robbie, cant be worse that's for sure. 

On 27/02/2021 at 07:46, Fultonsleftpeg said:

100% agree with you. Go 4 3 3. Bit like the 98 team played. Haring sitting Irving your playmaker  and MacAneff getting forward. GMS wide and two strikers. Not saying these guys are in the same class as 98 but for me it’s crying out for that formation. Irving is the best young player we’ve had in midfield for a good while but Neilson would rather concentrate on what he can’t do rather than the positive play he brings. Give the lad time and a bit of freedom to go and play ffs.

agreed formation is the problem. Haliday is fine when on the ball. Opposing teams are generally playing long balls directly at the back line and rushing forward usually missing out Haliday and his partner in that two. Would like to see 4 1 4 1 personally that would give us more width also.