• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• TheBigO

• merrymac

• jambopilms

35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You really really really really really really don't know anything about football.

Like. Really.

Ah, the old 'my opinion is king, I know it all' if you don't agree you know nothing.'

Your arrogance is off the scale.

Like really.

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have a positive to say about him.

He is slightly not as shite as Irving.

I found myself agreeing with you on another thread, I now feel dirty.

You really do know he haw about football.

In my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sad to see Haring reduced to a side-show at his expense.

Bloody criminaly inept decision making by Nelson. Continuing to play Halliday ahead of Harring or Irving, even the kids on loan, is now bordering on psychotic levels of stubbornness to admit an error 

27 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

If Neilson thinks Halliday is the answer every week he needs to go. Neilson has made a Levein team worse which is some going. 

We are going backwards. 

If Halliday is the answer, what is the question?

Ainsley Harriott
10 hours ago, S Form said:

He and Naismith are taking the piss - both are beyond awful.

According to most on here Naismith is an important player for us. Couldn't make it up

He's terrible. Offers absolutely nothing. Acts the hard man which is embarrassing when you see some of the shift as shite 'tackles' he attempts. Can't pass other than sideways, can't shoot. Just, what is the point. I didn't rate him before he came, and I couldn't understand those who thought he'd be a good signing. He's even worse than I thought.

Another player when a even a simple pass a yard or two in front of the player for space to run into manages to pass it a foot or two behind.

If I recall last night he had that very pass to McEneff but went behind him, McEneff who was free then  has a 50.50 who struggles to get a pass off to Kasteneer having to come back, who then is pressured to pass back to Smith, who then has to give it back to Gordon.

4 successful completed passes for the stats and more possession tallied up.

10 hours ago, gedster said:

Week after week, game after game this guy gets a wage!! Why, he's never more than a 5/10. Here, taking money and contributing nil. Another beyond disappointing signing.

Wage thief. 

Kennedy Bakircioglu

Not the worst player over the last few seasons but is severely lacking in speed and agility just now and appears to tire quickly. If the club get promoted, I feel he'll be found out in the Premiership against better, and smarter trained, athletes. 

manaliveits105

We wanted someone in midfield who gets stuck in as we were too powder puff - he fits the bill and gives 100% 

happy to stick with him in this league - our forwards were repeatedly just chopped down last night its a rough house league.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Ah, the old 'my opinion is king, I know it all' if you don't agree you know nothing.'

Your arrogance is off the scale.

Like really.

Aw come on man. Arrogance?! Only worse when mixed with ignorance.

You know my opinion on you. Probably a laugh for a pint, no a bad guy, but christ you squeal and shout loud about stuff you genuiny don't know about.

Irving is your current bugbear, like Isma, Djoum, Suso and many more before him.

And the fact is the laddie has real talent. The fact our manager doesn't know how to use him or apparently anyone else in our squad is a more worthy debate than constantly bitching about a young lad who the club should be utilising way, way better.

Halliday. Yep, at 29yo, offering heehae week after week, but sitting in front of his beloved Rangers strip each week online, fill yer boots.

Put simply, if you can't see Irving is a good player, I think you're watching the wrong sport. You can have an opinion all you want. You can think I overrate him and we can discuss the finer points of his game. But you just say he's shite. That's not really an opinion, it's just a you farting oot yer mooth.

Christ, if you ever changed I'd worry, but sometimes I just need to reply!

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

We wanted someone in midfield who gets stuck in as we were too powder puff - he fits the bill and gives 100% 

happy to stick with him in this league - our forwards were repeatedly just chopped down last night its a rough house league.

He doesn't particularly get stuck in though. I don't think he does anything well. He's a fake hard man basically.

He's the kind of guy you love playing against.

As with all Hearts players, I'd live him to nail it and be brilliant for us. At the moment, he's a huge part of the problem though.

If we played a real formation with a dcm who allowed 6/7 other players to get ahead and he shielded and swept and protected, then looked to play the ball simply, quickly and positively, maybe we'd see if he could do it. I don't think he could. But as it is, he's kind of in a position that's neither or. He simply offers nowt.

Maybe we're not using him correctly but I dont know what correctly would look like basically.

That dcm role like Karipidis, Brellier and even the likes of Barr have done for us. I've forgotten the Portuguese lad on loan that did well initially? Haring obviously pre injury too. Think about what they did then compare.

We don't have enough movement ahead of the ball. He neither provides nor facilitates it.

Anyway. Not much can be done but he's one of the few players even in recent times my heart sinks when I see selected again and again. S McLean really the only other

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Sad to see Haring reduced to a side-show at his expense.

Agree. Wonder what Haring is not doing in training to warrant a start?

perhaps it’s a formation thing.

would rather see Haring and Mceneff in midfield.

gnando alongside Boyce.

just one tricky playmaker - GMS (Shame Ginelly got injured)in midfield. Would mean playing Walker ahead of Naismith in a midfield of four.

nielsen has to change the line up and personnel - his current set up isn’t working

Edited by Jim Panzee

A midfielder that doesn’t want the ball. Whenever we tried to play from the back last night he just stood pointing at the defence to pass it elsewhere as he was terrified of receiving a pass. The few times he did get it he fell over the ball or completely miss controlled it most times. 

Actually began to feel embarrassed for Halliday last night. 

It is beyond belief how bad a football player he is. 

Sums it up that Celtic fans had a piss taking song about him when he was with his beloved gers. 

His scary, hard man face would make a 3 year old piss themselves laughing. 

He offers nothing to the club, absolutely hee haw but our manager thinks he is undroppable ffs. 

What does all that say about our management team? 

I thought he’d be a very steady player who would stroll through this league but like most of the squad this season he’s been below average for the vast majority of games.

2 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

According to most on here Naismith is an important player for us. Couldn't make it up

Probably deserves another thread, but I am beginning to think the player who was once our biggest asset is now our biggest liability. A captain is supposed to lead by example, but over the past few matches the only example Naismith has shown is how to be slow, constantly lose the ball and moan like feck at his team mates. He should stop the whining and let his football do the talking. However, it looks like he’s past it and, on the pitch at least, is our new Michael Stewart.

Malinga the Swinga

Wasn't worst player last night. Naismiths, Smith, Kingsley, Halkett were worse and Walker when he came on looked like he had lead boots on. 

Seems like Halliday is easy target. 

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wasn't worst player last night. Naismiths, Smith, Kingsley, Halkett were worse and Walker when he came on looked like he had lead boots on. 

This is the problem. There are far too many under performing is a huge problem. 

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Walker?

Within 5 mins he'd made 2 good chances for us with penetrating movement. One of the few with passmark of late.

I wish Naismith and Halliday would get the same treatment as Walker, Irving, Wighton in that they get dropped for playing shite.

Halkett, Smith, Kingsley, Halliday, Naismith keep getting picked regardless of how they have played. 

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Actually began to feel embarrassed for Halliday last night. 

It is beyond belief how bad a football player he is. 

Sums it up that Celtic fans had a piss taking song about him when he was with his beloved gers. 

His scary, hard man face would make a 3 year old piss themselves laughing. 

He offers nothing to the club, absolutely hee haw but our manager thinks he is undroppable ffs. 

What does all that say about our management team? 

Signed by Robbie, probably mates with McCulloch.

Need I say more

5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Need I say more

Nope, you are probably spot on. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, S Form said:

Probably deserves another thread, but I am beginning to think the player who was once our biggest asset is now our biggest liability. A captain is supposed to lead by example, but over the past few matches the only example Naismith has shown is how to be slow, constantly lose the ball and moan like feck at his team mates. He should stop the whining and let his football do the talking. However, it looks like he’s past it and, on the pitch at least, is our new Michael Stewart.

Agreed. 

Naismith has an amazing ability to consistently pass to the opposition even when its the simplest of passes. 

Went off injured last night so probably won't see him for another 6 months anyway. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Need I say more

I think that is a pretty big assumption to be making 

The fact is that the only players really he could drop Halliday for are either Irving and Haring.

Haring, last we saw of him was Dundee where he was yards off the pace. Who’s to say he’s not just been the same as that in training? Halliday has that match fitness edge. 

Irving-McEneff you’d question if there’s enough experience there, and also if Irving’s leaving you’d question what’s the point playing him (irrespective of that I would still go for this more youthful pair to start the next game) 

I suppose what I’m saying is we’re not actually blessed with that many great fantastic options so it’s a bit of a stretch to blame it on “Hallidays Neilsons man and mates with McCulloch” or such. He’s the only fully fit experienced CM we’ve got basically. However the time has come definitely to drop him IMO we need to ring the changes. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think that is a pretty big assumption to be making 

The fact is that the only players really he could drop Halliday for are either Irving and Haring.

Haring, last we saw of him was Dundee where he was yards off the pace. Who’s to say he’s not just been the same as that in training? Halliday has that match fitness edge. 

Irving-McEneff you’d question if there’s enough experience there, and also if Irving’s leaving you’d question what’s the point playing him (irrespective of that I would still go for this more youthful pair to start the next game) 

I suppose what I’m saying is we’re not actually blessed with that many great fantastic options so it’s a bit of a stretch to blame it on “Hallidays Neilsons man and mates with McCulloch” or such. He’s the only fully fit experienced CM we’ve got basically. However the time has come definitely to drop him IMO we need to ring the changes. 

He was signed by Neilson -fact -so you would expect him to play him to justify the wage spend.

Ok the McCulloch thing might be a stretch but also possible.

Haring had a bad game against Dundee granted but Halliday is rubbish every week. At least give Haring a try, if he is rubbish again take him off and we will at least know for sure.

If that is Halliday with "the match fitness edge" then god help us.

The experience thing is debatable ITC had a teenager and a 20 year old at CB last night, and seemed to do ok.

Its not as if Irving has no first team experience and McEneff is about 25??

Honestly I would give Damour a try before Halliday, or what about McGill?

My comments were a bit tongue in cheek to be honest, but the more you think about it...................................

I have no issue with Halliday supporting Rangers. 

I have no issue with him making media appearances. 

I have an issue with him underperforming week on week. 

haveyouheard1874
14 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Gives more to Open Goal than Heart of Midlothian. Move him on in the summer, please.

I watched him on open goal when he first signed for us and took an instant dislike to him but thought as long as he performs on the park thats what counts,, an arrogant passenger who gives the  distinct  impression he's slumming it here> Drop him asap please 

lost in space

Many teams have a "destroyer" who don't add much to the play but stop other team from playing. Usually they do add something - maybe able to shoot from outside box.

Ian Black is the type of player.

I thought Halliday would improve as he got fitter. He hasn't.

He is not doing enough in the team and should be benched.

Neilson signed him - so get used to him.

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, merrymac said:

He was signed by Neilson -fact -so you would expect him to play him to justify the wage spend.

Haring had a bad game against Dundee granted but Halliday is rubbish every week. At least give Haring a try, if he is rubbish again take him off and we will at least know for sure.

The experience thing is debatable ITC had a teenager and a 20 year old at CB last night, and seemed to do ok.

My comments were a bit tongue in cheek to be honest, but the more you think about it...................................

Im in agreement that we need to switch out Halliday and try something else to shake things up a bit. I suppose I’m saying there are valid football reasons for Halliday to be starting. Eg. Bedding in the new man mceneff to add to the other points I made - you’d typically want some experience there to help the new signing settle into his first 3 or 4 games? Pretty justifiable. 

However his form is too poor to ignore now and it does need confronted. 

Smith being out now forces Neilsons hand. He is going to be forced to change it somehow let’s hope it works 

Marooned In Oz
15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have a positive to say about him.

He is slightly not as shite as Irving.

You are a dribbling idiot 

48 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Correct. 

Why is Haring actually on the bench? 

He sits there game after game for ninety minutes watching Halliday have a howler most games. 

He must be worth a try again surely He cannot be any worse than what is on show. 

If he is that badly unfit he shouldn't be on the bench in the first place if there is no intention to ever use him. 

Another baffling decision by the management team. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Halliday was no where near our worse player last night. Feels like he is becoming an easy target for our fanbase.

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Halliday was no where near our worse player last night. Feels like he is becoming an easy target for our fanbase.

Maybe not our worst but just another so called senior, experienced , past it player not pulling his weight.

12 minutes ago, Rods said:

He was absolute piss, but you are right, he wasn't. 

Steven Naismith got that honour. 

If RN doesn’t trust Haring or Irving over Halliday then give Damour a run. Or recall Cochrane ?  
Anything is worth a try. 
I’ve no idea why Haring is on the bench tbh when it’s clear there’s a problem of some sort

Diadora Van Basten

I just don’t know what Neilson sees in Halliday.

He gets picked week after week and I usually forget he’s playing. 

Sometimes it’s like being a man down.

Jamboscanbevicius

Would much prefer to see Haring starting. Even if he only lasts 60 minutes, he can't contribute less than Halliday. He isn't terrible. As others have said he's just 5/10 week after week. Looks just about ok but contributes very little consistently.