Halliday.. What is the actual point?

gedster

Week after week, game after game this guy gets a wage!! Why, he's never more than a 5/10. Here, taking money and contributing nil. Another beyond disappointing signing.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• TheBigO

• merrymac

• jambopilms

Perth to Paisley

I'll start.

He adds nothing but a snarling face.

Does he have a right foot?

Andy Irving needs to up his game if he's behind him in training

Just now, gedster said:

Our central midfield is dreadful beyond belief.. embarrassing

But at least adding one body in there would bulk it up, if its so shite. How Irving can't get a game in the middle says everything and I mean everything about Neilson. Just play one wide player. Once again his preferred 4231 was trashed, so predictably. Wake the **** up

If his big thing is a snarling face then he needs to up his game. 

He couldn't scare a feckin baby.

Maybe shave his head and actually make a hard tackle now and again.

Edited by Forza Cuore

8 minutes ago, S Form said:

He and Naismith are taking the piss - both are beyond awful.

But I bet they are a big influence on the dressing room, lazy ****s. A pair of born winners apparently.

I couldn't give 2 hoots what team he supports etc, as long as it looks like he is giving his all...

When his performances are pitiful, it then highlights the Sevco in him...

🤮🤢🤒🤮🤢🤒

Apart from from his Rambo like performance against Ayr he has been anonymous. 

Waste of space/skin/oxygen. 

Presumably only in the team because he's a cheap option. 

22 minutes ago, S Form said:

100% this they don’t care mate picking up their massive wage at the end of the week. They will win the league with Hearts giving poor pathetic performances and they can go celebrate the Huns winning 55 🙄

It’s almost laughable how he plays every game. The thing is it’s such an important position he gets played in. He offers nothing. No attacking threat, no defensive cover, no ball retention, doesn’t organise, can’t run, can’t pass. He is brutal. 

But it’s not as if he signed himself and picks himself to start every single week. That blame lies solely at the managers door. 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, gedster said:

Week after week, game after game this guy gets a wage!! Why, he's never more than a 5/10. Here, taking money and contributing nil. Another beyond disappointing signing.

If he was on that programme with those neds bumming up Celtic every week the attitude on here would be ten times more hostile to that wage thief.

I have watched Hearts for decades and he is one of the worst midfielders I have ever seen in a Hearts jersey. 

He has nothing about him and tries to act the hard man when somebody goes near him. 

Actually find it embarrassing watching him in Hearts colours yet he gets a game every week. 

Just sums it up perfectly why Neilson needs to go by playing this imposter every week. 

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If we can sell him we should, unless by some miracle he ups his game if we go up

Sell him 🤣🤣

Who would pay money for a Sunday league pub player like him.? 

50 minutes ago, DS98 said:

It’s almost laughable how he plays every game. The thing is it’s such an important position he gets played in. He offers nothing. No attacking threat, no defensive cover, no ball retention, doesn’t organise, can’t run, can’t pass. He is brutal. 

But it’s not as if he signed himself and picks himself to start every single week. That blame lies solely at the managers door. 

Post of the day. 

Sums him up and our manager perfectly. 

I'd probably be looking to move him on in the summer. He doesn't set standards, he doesn't create anything, he doesn't look to even play the ball forward and we're supposedly playing weaker opposition. 

4 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

If he was on that programme with those neds bumming up Celtic every week the attitude on here would be ten times more hostile to that wage thief.

Very true..

Halliday is a complete embarrassment to our club and sums up how far we have fallen. 

He doesn't give a flying **** about our club and is only interested in his social media career bumming up his precious rangers. 

It is embarrassing that we are paying him a decent wage to  do this and kinf of sums up what an absolutely  shambles we are at the moment. 

Neilsons signings since he came back have been nothing short of farcical. 

He needs to go now because he is simply good enough and is slowly turning us into a complete laughing stock imo. 

As correctly said on another thread. If he was raving about Celtic instead of Rangers he'd be getting hounded out by the fans by now.

Gordon Ramsay

Just an absolute nothing player. Utter pish and speaks volumes how long he sat on his arse before we signed him. I doubt he had offers coming out his ears from other clubs. We were the only sad sacks to go in for him I'd wager. 

I used to pish myself that he got a game for Rangers.Was brutal in the role he had there so we sign him and play him in the same role.As a previous poster said though he never signed himself or continues to pick himself no matter how shite he is.

Fultonsleftpeg
8 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

But at least adding one body in there would bulk it up, if its so shite. How Irving can't get a game in the middle says everything and I mean everything about Neilson. Just play one wide player. Once again his preferred 4231 was trashed, so predictably. Wake the **** up

100% agree with you. Go 4 3 3. Bit like the 98 team played. Haring sitting Irving your playmaker  and MacAneff getting forward. GMS wide and two strikers. Not saying these guys are in the same class as 98 but for me it’s crying out for that formation. Irving is the best young player we’ve had in midfield for a good while but Neilson would rather concentrate on what he can’t do rather than the positive play he brings. Give the lad time and a bit of freedom to go and play ffs.

****ing imposter of a player
I've watched him closely and when we are in possession he offers nothing, just trots into positions where he can only take a ball and pass it backwards. When we are out of possession he is slow, lazy and leaves others to make interceptions and break up play.
He had one contribution last night, the free kick where Gnanduilet was offside. That apart he was posting missing.
Get him tae ****.

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I have a positive to say about him.

He is slightly not as shite as Irving.

You really really really really really really don't know anything about football.

Like. Really.

Captain Canada

In pretty much every game I've watched this season (admittedly not all) I've hardly noticed him playing. 

Usually I remember he's on the pitch when he gets booked or is shouting in an opponent's face. 

I know Haring had a shocking 45 minutes at Dundee but he's so much better than Halliday in every respect. 

Neilson has fallen into the same trap that Levein did. Just playing the same formation and team most weeks and expecting something different to happen. 

In the most recent games we've caused problems at the end when we've been much more direct in our approach. That should be how we play in every game. The low tempo passing around from the back achieves nothing. 

He offers nothing, there’s a reason we all thought he was one of a poor Rangers teams shittest players and laughed at how far they’d fallen.

9 hours ago, S Form said:

Agree with this but despite GMS having a better game last night he can do one too. 

4 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

He is that bad I'm calling for Damour to get a chance.

In all seriousness Loic is better

This is actually true. Haring should be ahead of him, but if not Haring then I’d certainly have Damour ahead of Halliday any day of the week. The problem is we knew it would be like this. All observational evidence pointed towards Halliday playing like he does. So I’m not angry at the player, I’m angry at the man/team consistently thinking he should be ahead of the other players.

4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Halliday is a complete embarrassment to our club and sums up how far we have fallen. 

He doesn't give a flying **** about our club and is only interested in his social media career bumming up his precious rangers.

:spoton:

Not only is he beyond crap on the pitch, his Sevco-related behaviour while taking a wage from us is a joke. This kind of nonsense should never be permitted whether the player is performing or not, and he's not, so he can get to **** regardless.

section s heart

Way too often last ICT had a man in space right in the middle of the park with 20/30 yards of space to drive into. Haven't watched these incidents back, but reasonable to expect Halliday to be covering that space? No wonder our defence (which isn't great) gets under pressure and loses goals. 

If Neilson thinks Halliday is the answer every week he needs to go. Neilson has made a Levein team worse which is some going. 

We are going backwards.