TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the stone rose
12 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Surely the clowncil own it

Nah Diagio group own it. Not sure what could be done there though as it is currently a listed building.

1 minute ago, the stone rose said:

Nah Diagio group own it. Not sure what could be done there though as it is currently a listed building.

It is just the entrance front that is listed is it not?

Edited by kila

the stone rose
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Yea you are correct. Suppose you could incorporate that in some future project.

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Why would we want it?

It is a great peace of land, but agree not sure why Hearts would want it unless future plans for more training facilities?

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, kila said:

That's my understanding of it. Would be an interesting purchase. Though unsure how we will use it. Especially now the main stand is built.

The players, directors and office staff have used it as a car park for years paying rent to Diagio.

Maybe they have worked out a way to make it more cost effective by actually owning the land.

Now that IS interesting. Hope it’s true. Maybe some kind of plan to use the land to increase revenue in some way? Will watch this space with interest. :)

Flatten it and create a car park. Hearts must have the worst parking facilities in the wider stadium area in the league, with the possible exception of Hibs and Dundee.

I think it would be normal for any business to try to buy adjoining land which might have strategic value, even if they don't have immediate plans for it. 

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB26950

Does not look like it is just the front that is listed. 

You you can extend alter or even demolish listed buildings so it is not a prohibition against any development as such. It is an inhibiting factor though, but I guess if we are proceeding this we have a good idea of what might be permissible 

Allowayjambo1874

It’s a lot of land, unless it’s being sold to us for a nominal fee I’m not sure why we would purchase it at the going rate. Good piece of business if true but reckon building anything other than a car park is out of the question atm due to those pesky ethanol tanks. 

Anyone ever had a look inside the old GPO building on North Bridge? A big modern glass building within an old shell. Don’t think the category B list status of the old high school would be a huge problem, surely... especially since we’ve just pulled off something far more challenging. Ann has my complete trust on such matters after that.

About as pointless just now as West Ham signing Joe Hart. If we're gonna be spending money it should be on the team. Unless someone else is gonna buy it and that would have an effect on future plans. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

New bigger Roseburn in time would be nice with facilities out the back. Design of the stands adjoining it makes lengthening the pitch impossible though which would be frustrating. We will have to see if this story has legs before getting excited though .

jambo-in-furness
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

About as pointless just now as West Ham signing Joe Hart. If we're gonna be spending money it should be on the team. Unless someone else is gonna buy it and that would have an effect on future plans. 

Greenginger is is forming a bid as we speak.

His portfolio will be almost complete, he intends to build a rival nursery.

Probably the most important signing we would make all season.

Without this, we are effectively land-locked.

If we own it, then in the fullness of time we can lengthen the Wheatfield and Main Stand as well as building a bigger Roseburn.

Edited by David McCaig

18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

New bigger Roseburn in time would be nice with facilities out the back. Design of the stands adjoining it makes lengthening the pitch impossible though which would be frustrating. We will have to see if this story has legs before getting excited though .

Whilst it wouldn't be easy, I would imagine lengthening the Main and Wheatfield is feasible... If you remove the roof, you can remove the truss.  

Supporting pillars for a new Roseburn could incorporate new trusses.  Obviously expensive and unlikely to happen anytime soon, but without the old school land, the only way we could meaningfully expand in the future would be to leave Tynecastle.

In the short term, we are dependent on the school land for car parking.

22 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

While I get where you're coming from, Joe Hart isn't a city site whose value will likely increase for years to come.

It seems obvious to me that the club are striking while the iron's hot in a few areas just now. But yeah, I'd like to see a better team too 

34 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Could be that the Brewery have forced he clubs hand here.

They could be keen to sell and have given us first refusal. 

38 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Highly doubt it. We’re not exactly flush at the moment with the new stand and the over spend as well.

This. 

6 minutes ago, martinb said:

Build a massive 4 storey car/bus park with the entrance/exit on the Western Approach Road.

Moving walkway?

28 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Probably the most important signing we would make all season.

Without this, we are effectively land-locked.

If we own it, then in the fullness of time we can lengthen the Wheatfield and Main Stand as well as building a bigger Roseburn.

Absolutely agree with this.

Maybe our friend with all the cash is helping us again. Not spending money on the playing side. But helping secure our future at tynecastle.

If we did manage to buy the old Tynecastle High School land and somehow found £X million down the back of the sofa... What would be the maximum capacity we could achieve.

I'm assuming we could lengthen both the Wheatfield and Main Stands by another full section each. 

We could also potentially rebuild the Wheatfield at a slightly shallower gradient identical to the main stand but without losing seats to tunnels, dugouts, corporates and the press.

If the pitch was longer we would also.be able to restore the missing rows in the Gorgie.

Finally, we could build a 37 row Roseburn as well.

Does anyone know where this would take us to in terms of capacity. I'm assuming somewhere approaching 30k?

Fxxx the SPFL

I think some are getting a bit ahead of themselves the OP has a low post count not doubting his/her credentials but who is reliable source and would this information be available via City of Edinburgh planning dept.

I think even if we acquired the old school land, we'd still have the problem with the distillery

Been in the paper again about the legionnaires outbreak a few years back, and NBD named and shamed. Maybe their days in a built up residential area are numbered.

1 minute ago, kingm616 said:

We can’t fill what we have now let alone a bigger ground

Technically we have done on 2 occasions already this season.

A_A wehatethehibs

Sensible investment in a long term real estate asset. Looking forward to the .net public inquiry. 

Puts paid to the notion we are stuck with the current capacity in the long term

7 minutes ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

I think some are getting a bit ahead of themselves the OP has a low post count not doubting his/her credentials but who is reliable source and would this information be available via City of Edinburgh planning dept.

If just the purchase of the land, would the planning dept need to know?

Genuine question.

9 minutes ago, kila said:

I think even if we acquired the old school land, we'd still have the problem with the distillery

Been in the paper again about the legionnaires outbreak a few years back, and NBD named and shamed. Maybe their days in a built up residential area are numbered.

You could right there. Selling the school would give them money to secure other land elsewhere the build a new facility. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, kingm616 said:

Technically? What huge empty sections in the ground? I fail to see how this is filling it

Obvious that he is talking about the Aberdeen and rangers games both of which exceeded the capacity of tynecastle with 24000 and 32000 attendences 

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You could right there. Selling the school would give them money to secure other land elsewhere the build a new facility. 

Hopefully it's indicative of the Distillery giving serious consideration to moving to an out of town site.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL?