***Official ICT v Hearts Matchday thread***

GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I've been quite enjoying a Friday night TV game... with a few beers... then a rant on JKB!

Sets you up for the weekend... or down. The beers definitely help.

Yep. Love a Friday night game. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

I've "invested" in two boxes of Brewdog. 😆

👏👏👏 Nice!

My box of choice tomorrow is the Innis & Gunn variety box! Sweet!

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Brisk first 5-10 minutes without really creating a clear cut chance, ICT work their way into the game, Hearts become increasingly sideways. 0-0 HT.

ICT score, Hearts equalize and we all moan like feck on here.

That's the Friday night script and we know our lines inside out.

That's been the pattern last 3 games certainly. Great if we score early which is obvs the plan.

But what we do and how we adapt if we don't needs a helluva lot of work!!!!

1 minute ago, bairdy said:

I'll be doing my usual tomorrow.

Settle down for the game with a few cans, and rant and rave at the telly for an hour and a half.😚

Sounds like me 🙄

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That's been the pattern last 3 games certainly. Great if we score early which is obvs the plan.

But what we do and how we adapt if we don't needs a helluva lot of work!!!!

This is it , if we don’t get ahead we don’t seem to have plan b and the team seem to go into a self disbelief attitude. A manager should identify the problem and change rather the formation or players that are not doing what they are set up to do.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I know it is two completely different situations but much of what we tend to talk about on here is the tendency to play the ball either across the field or backwards. The thing is when you watch good sides play it you can see it working perfectly, as it is used for the right reasons and/or in the right manner. Last night's Champions League game between Borussia Moenchengladbach and Manchester City was the perfect example of it working in a very simple but effective manner. When we play it that way it tends to pan out that it is our players who are being pulled out of position, whereas the whole idea is to pull the opposition out of shape, make them do all the running and thinking, and eventually change how they want to play. It is isn't a difficult way to play, and it has a lot of bonuses, even if it is being utilised by players at HMFC's level rather than the quality of players Manchester City have. But the principle, the means of execution should be the same. Tomorrow I hope we win, but I think it will be very close. We need to keep the wingers wide, and two up front in and around the penalty area, with someone in the middle who can pass the ball accurately and move it quickly to pull defenders about. I think it will be close tomorrow night, but I'd hope we can get a win, and at this stage of the season even a 1-0 win would be acceptable, we need to get back to winning games, tying up the competition and then look at how the same formation will work one division up and use the last few games to get a better idea of where we need to strengthen.

You make a good point but you might be missing the most glaring issue with this style of play. The other team HAVE to press. 

We can play keep-ball along the back four and deep lying midfielders all we want against the like of Morton and Queen of the South. They will just sit in their banks of 4 and 5 let us keep passing it. We ain’t drawing them out of shape. They don’t want the ball.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I've "invested" in two boxes of Brewdog. 😆

I've been at a few recruitment events Brewdog stand nearby. They like handling out freebies,  much better than our stationary  :lol:

Wasted on me, not a fan, sure you will enjoy Friday night one way or another. 

Some tough games for the others the next few weeks, 3 wins would put it to bed I'm sure 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I've been at a few recruitment events Brewdog stand nearby. They like handling out freebies,  much better than our stationary  :lol:

Wasted on me, not a fan, sure you will enjoy Friday night one way or another. 

Some tough games for the others the next few weeks, 3 wins would put it to bed I'm sure 

I'm getting proper revved up for this now : the match prog just arrived (still no ticket tho :angry:). 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

God, I hope we win. 🍻🥴😄

A narrow win will keep all happy. 

Hearts get 3 points and the 17% can go on about style. 

Win/win

Hoping for a Raith Rovers away style performance from Hearts. When will I learn? Prefer a Friday night game as I have a good old rant at the telly  , less so when I'm stone cold sober on a Saturday afternoon in my living room.

1 hour ago, bairdy said:

Settle down for the game with a few cans, and rant and rave at the telly for an hour and a half.😚

same here, Friday routine now, with the wife and daughter retiring to the spare room to watch Corrie etc, with the words ringing in my ears ....

‘don’t shout at the telly it upsets the dogs !" 

it upsets the dogs !! They aren’t half as upset as me , 😂 

11 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hoping for a Raith Rovers away style performance from Hearts. When will I learn? Prefer a Friday night game as I have a good old rant at the telly  , less so when I'm stone cold sober on a Saturday afternoon in my living room.

...hopefully they'll get someone sent off early on then! 

red.jpg

The Grim Reaper
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Win/win

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e473xm678wi5q5kqjl3c

40 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...hopefully they'll get someone sent off early on then! 

red.jpg

We were 2-0 up and cruising when Raith had their guy red carded. However if ICT get a red I won't be complaining.

2 hours ago, bairdy said:

Same here. 

Better win tomorrow because fed up with being in a bad mood about half nine on Friday. 

So is the missus. Her face dropped when I said we were on again tomorrow night 😊

6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

We were 2-0 up and cruising when Raith had their guy red carded. However if ICT get a red I won't be complaining.

Right enough! My bad!.. could have sworn it was around the 20 minute mark, before the goals. 🥴

colinmorewasgash
6 hours ago, martoon said:

Brisk first 5-10 minutes without really creating a clear cut chance, ICT work their way into the game, Hearts become increasingly sideways. 0-0 HT.

ICT score, Hearts equalize and we all moan like feck on here.

That's the Friday night script and we know our lines inside out.

Nick Walsh is an appalling referee so who knows how it will pan out.We better win as its my 52nd birthday saturday and want a good weekend. It won't be pretty or easy and longer we dont score the worse we get. Worst scenario we lose then wighton scores winner again for pars. But if we score early a nervy 1-2 for us. Lose or draw this and pars win and the pressure mounts on Robbie then statement by Ann on monday saying board back him 100 percent.

3 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Nick Walsh is an appalling referee so who knows how it will pan out.We better win as its my 52nd birthday saturday and want a good weekend. It won't be pretty or easy and longer we dont score the worse we get. Worst scenario we lose then wighton scores winner again for pars. But if we score early a nervy 1-2 for us. Lose or draw this and pars win and the pressure mounts on Robbie then statement by Ann on monday saying board back him 100 percent.

I doubt that scenario would result in a statement from the board.

16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Two huge games coming up and i don't fancy us to win either of them tbh

They are not filling us with confidence are they .

3 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

The BBC are really hoping we slip up now,  games highlights to be shown on Sportscene.

Robbie was right, bizarre as it sounded.

The Beeb really are only covering Hearts games in the hope that we fail.

😄

Francis Albert

Am I the only one with a sinking feeling that I will spend another Friday night watching this Hearts team?

Edit. Clearly not having read a few earlier posts!

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, martoon said:

Robbie was right, bizarre as it sounded.

The Beeb really are only covering Hearts games in the hope that we fail.

😄

Maybe But then it makes news and will please many potential viewers. And the odds on it happening are decent!

Cory McNamara

It seems people like to talk with Tele. Now I can sleep peacefully.

51 F with winds at 10 - 15 miles per hour, hope it's OK and comfortable for Robb and crew to be around. 

4 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

The BBC are really hoping we slip up now,  games highlights to be shown on Sportscene.

is it not live on sportscene ?

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Win/win

I'll settle for that, but think it will take more than a narrow win to keep all happy.

We've lost our scoring touch and we need to get it back:  2 goals from open play in the last 4 matches, both score late in the game by one player, Jamie Walker.  We should be doing better, and tomorrow is the time to start.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, cookieboy said:

is it not live on sportscene ?

Live on BBC 1 Scotland . I think that is or was Sportscene. Whatever ... still crap!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

McCann likes an open game, can't see him sitting in,  this one might be better,  not promising anything right enough 

See if you look forward to being entertained and getting to watch your club booting a football around, you'll have a good evening.

See if your a torn pussed arsehole looking for something to swear at, you'll also have a good evening.

Enjoy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

See if you look forward to being entertained and getting to watch your club booting a football around, you'll have a good evening.

See if your a torn pussed arsehole looking for something to swear at, you'll also have a good evening.

Enjoy 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm with both of these.

2 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

It seems people like to talk with Tele. Now I can sleep peacefully.

51 F with winds at 10 - 15 miles per hour, hope it's OK and comfortable for Robb and crew to be around. 

296A1E10-C1E4-48B8-B08D-4605E1D101BF.jpeg

I'd usually say 3/4-0 Hearts.

But 0-0 at HT, poor game, not taking chances, many shots for us on target, 1-0 for ICT then two late goals for us to win it and lots of moaning on here and the Robbie Out thread to be trending 'hot'.

Robbie will be reading Sun Tzu's teachings and know that your enemy is at its strongest after playing 3 games in a week and to exercise the utmost caution. Still expect Hearts to win even after the recent dismal showings. 

Another slog with Robbie punching the air in delight if we draw - our two defensive midfielders plan will continue to hold us back 🙄 majority of our Friday night TV games have been absolutely honking can't see this one being any different - hopefully one of our wingers might actually beat a man in this game 🙄

Edited by rory78

After what we have been served up the past few weeks, in terms of how turgid the displays have been. 

I really hope the management staff and players have all had rockets up their farters in training this past week. 

We can only but hope. 

Would like to see the 4-2-3-1 formation being ditched. Get a body up beside boycie. Let's take advantage of the chances we are creating. 

Take an early chance in the first 20 minutes, a second before half time. This should change the whole mindset. 

I know we have a comfy cushion just now. But more dropped points at this stage, isn't really worth thinking about. 

If he continues to employ this ridiculous formation in this tinpot league which apart from boring us all to tears,  has quickly become zero effective, then I’ll probably ditch it at half time and put on a movie.  Wasting another Friday night watching the likes of Halliday, GMS and Naismith slog away yet again isn’t very appealing.

Hoping for some exciting football tonight, but apart from Dundee (h) and Raith (a) there’s been precious little of that.

Starks park type performance required, no cautious containment. Conditions will be good so no excuses. Players need to step up and battle to control game right from the start. Our wide midfield players especially need to do much more so Smith and Kingsley do not have to continually do their job for them, leaving us open to counterattack. The defence can then push forward as a unit keeping the whole team connected. Work hard from the start and the football will follow. We have more than enough to win this game.