***Official ICT v Hearts Matchday thread***

GinRummy

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

He was. 

Thanks. Was just thinking he put in some ok balls. Might’ve done better with them if Gnando had been on from the start.

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

I was really impressed by him but was confused as to why he stopped driving forward. 

Good game though. 

He did have a good game. I think it was a mistake to change the shape of the side and chuck on more attacking players. Would’ve switched Walker for GMS at HT and gave that a chance to work. Left McEneff with license to get forward. 

12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I was really impressed by him but was confused as to why he stopped driving forward. 

Good game though. 

I only watched the second half on Saturday thought he was quiet but heard he was good in the first, I think he will be a good signing for us good football brain and lots of energy.

Edited by One five

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Not as nuts as it sounds. Henderson pins back the full back then they have to deal with our full back bombing forward. Worked last season in some games. Probably not with three at the back. 

I'm sorry, he's been as good as a man down. Seems to hide and offers very little. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I'm sorry, he's been as good as a man down. Seems to hide and offers very little. 

He’s never a striker. Done ok in spell out wide last season imo 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

I’d like to see......

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

McEneff

Haring

Irving

GMS

Gnandu

Boyce

This for me but I would change GMS for Walker 

Abandon 4-2-3-1 please, Robbie. Give us a bit of..........

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Walker

McEneff

Irving

GMS

Gnanduillet

Boyce

Gameplan: Feed GMS and Jamie Walker the ball as much as possible. Plenty of crosses into the box. McEneff making late runs into the box to supplement the two strikers. 

6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Walker

McEneff

Irving

GMS

Gnanduillet

Boyce

Gameplan: Feed GMS and Jamie Walker the ball as much as possible. Plenty of crosses into the box. McEneff making late runs into the box to supplement the two strikers. 

No GMS for me. Like it otherwise.  Would love Walker to make a decent fist of it in a wide midfield position. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

No GMS for me. Like it otherwise.  Would love Walker to make a decent fist of it in a wide midfield position. 

Who would you play on the left wing instead of GMS?

6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Who would you play on the left wing instead of GMS?

Now there’s a question. I’d move Halliday to left back and play Kingsley there. I’d play Kasteneer on the wrong side or play White there, if he’s fit, rather than put up with another uninterested performance from GMS. If he’s the type of player that can only play well when he’s 100 percent match fit then he’d need to appear from the bench until summer, then prove himself next season. 

Edited by GinRummy

Can’t see us winning this game. Performances are getting worse by the week and just don’t see how we will score more than them. 
Always live in hope to be pleasantly surprised though. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Now there’s a question. I’d move Halliday to left back and play Kingsley there. I’d play Kasteneer on the wrong side or play White there, if he’s fit, rather than put up with another uninterested performance from GMS. If he’s the type of player that can only play well when he’s 100 percent match fit then he’d need to appear from the bench until summer, then prove himself next season. 

Fair enough. 

I'm certainly not denying that Mackay-Steven's performances up to this point haven't been good enough. I just think that one of the reasons for that may be the system we are playing. I would be willing to give him another couple of games in a proper wide man role to see if his form picks up. If it doesn't then we try someone else there.

Of the options you listed, I would go for Aidy White on the left. I'm not keen on pushing Kingsley forward or playing wingers on the wrong side.

1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

Fair enough. 

I'm certainly not denying that Mackay-Steven's performances up to this point haven't been good enough. I just think that one of the reasons for that may be the system we are playing. I would be willing to give him another couple of games in a proper wide man role to see if his form picks up. If it doesn't then we try someone else there.

Of the options you listed, I would go for Aidy White on the left. I'm not keen on pushing Kingsley forward or playing wingers on the wrong side.

You may well be right. I think the two out and out wingers idea sounds good but it just hasn’t worked so far. I’d also like two up front, as you suggested is an absolute must. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You may well be right. I think the two out and out wingers idea sounds good but it just hasn’t worked so far. I’d also like two up front, as you suggested is an absolute must. 

Absolutely, playing two up front is must this one up is simply not working.

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

Gordon

Smith

Popescu

Halkett

Kingsley

Walker

McEneff

Irving

GMS

Gnanduillet

Boyce

Both Irving and GMS are over rated IMO. We need grsfters for this game so Halliday and tthe Dutch lad need to start.

8 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Wish it wasn't on tv.

Why?

Forget that! You already answered the same Q to SRB ... 😄

Edited by Wee Mikey

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Why?

Forget that! You already answered the same Q to SRB ... 😄

He obviously can't find his remote.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Agree totally. Been banging the formation drum 4 months. All these my team posts all dont start 4 2 but rn plays  that way as mgr and has done so with other clubs. 

Infact while im on my soapbox go 4 1 and the one is damour. A. He can work for his wage. B. It might work and c. Sum1 might come in for him. Yes you may now shoot me !

He'll maybe  play one up front. Until we fall behind then his 4231 will be in tatters. 

433 would bring more stability and strength in midfield and attack. Surely to christ.....

2 hours ago, One five said:

This for me but I would change GMS for Walker 

GMS certainly does not deserve a start!

2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Fair enough. 

Kasteneer hasn't stuck me as a winger.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Can’t see us winning this game. Performances are getting worse by the week and just don’t see how we will score more than them. 
Always live in hope to be pleasantly surprised though. 

If we score first we’ll win, concede first and, as usual, we won’t.  Either way, I expect the usual turgid pish we come to expect on Friday night away games.  Slow start, no pace, no urgency.  Arbroath, Dunfermline, Dundee, Ayr, QOTS - is it too much to hope for an improvement on these performances?

Horatio Caine
19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If we score first we’ll win, concede first and, as usual, we won’t.  Either way, I expect the usual turgid pish we come to expect on Friday night away games.  Slow start, no pace, no urgency.  Arbroath, Dunfermline, Dundee, Ayr, QOTS - is it too much to hope for an improvement on these performances?

Beginning to think it is.

Hopefully ICT with mccann in the dugout will try and play some football and have a go at us leaving them open.  Can see us bouncing back with a few goals in this one.  0

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Bainy said:

Hopefully ICT with mccann in the dugout will try and play some football and have a go at us leaving them open.  Can see us bouncing back with a few goals in this one.  0

Dundee, first game of the season gave  everyone else a blueprint of exactly how not to play against us by by being open and having a go.  I suspect we’ll see a totally different Dundee away performance and tactics when they’re back at Tynie soon.

The problem is we’re so predictable and easy to play against when teams want to take a cautious approach against us, particularly when we’re away. 

Voice of reason

Feel confident about this one. I think it will be a good game with McCann playing open football against us. Should be a decent watch and I’ll predict a 3-1 win for Hearts. ICT are definitely one of the better teams in the league, despite their position, but we are clearly the best!

1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

Kasteneer hasn't stuck me as a winger.

Hasn’t struck me as a player...

12 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Dunfermline and Dundee away to QoS and Morton. Not easy. Raith home to Alloa. 

Sad but I almost look out to see who they’re playing as I don’t trust Hearts to win at the moment. 

I know what you mean.

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Dundee, first game of the season gave  everyone else a blueprint of exactly how not to play against us by by being open and having a go.  I suspect we’ll see a totally different Dundee away performance and tactics when they’re back at Tynie soon.

The problem is we’re so predictable and easy to play against when teams want to take a cautious approach against us, particularly when we’re away. 

The problem is we're NOT predictable. On Jan 26 we hammered one of the better teams in the league 4-0 away with 67% possession, 21 shots and 13 on target. A month later against Morton away we had similar possession and more shots. Our finishing let us down.

It really is down to that, not style or anything else. Whether or not we win, and win well, depends on how our players covert the many chances we usually make and whether or not our defenders keep their concentration after almost a whole game of doing nothing. 

I think we'll be a different prospect with Gnanduillet and McEneff up to speed, and will have more cutting edge, but then I'm an optimist.

21 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Dunfermline and Dundee away to QoS and Morton. Not easy. Raith home to Alloa. 

Sad but I almost look out to see who they’re playing as I don’t trust Hearts to win at the moment. 

Fortunately, we are still ahead of them in the form table.

Tells you everything you need to know about this league.

42 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Fortunately, we are still ahead of them in the form table.

Tells you everything you need to know about this league.

One team needs to hit a run of form....hope it’s us!

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

One team needs to hit a run of form....hope it’s us!

Yip, a run of a few wins now would settle things a bit. 

Friday night matches have been very poor viewing when Hearts are involved, barring the first game of the season at home to Dundee. 

So I'm hoping ICT play as Dundee did back then, by having a go, as long as we have a go also.

so plenty goals.

It would make a nice change to actually be entertained on a Friday night, instead of the poor, slow, turgid, eye bleeding performances that have been all too regular on Friday's. 

Hears hoping🤞

2-3 Hearts win

Brisk first 5-10 minutes without really creating a clear cut chance, ICT work their way into the game, Hearts become increasingly sideways. 0-0 HT.

ICT score, Hearts equalize and we all moan like feck on here.

That's the Friday night script and we know our lines inside out.

portobellojambo1

I know it is two completely different situations but much of what we tend to talk about on here is the tendency to play the ball either across the field or backwards. The thing is when you watch good sides play it you can see it working perfectly, as it is used for the right reasons and/or in the right manner. Last night's Champions League game between Borussia Moenchengladbach and Manchester City was the perfect example of it working in a very simple but effective manner. When we play it that way it tends to pan out that it is our players who are being pulled out of position, whereas the whole idea is to pull the opposition out of shape, make them do all the running and thinking, and eventually change how they want to play. It is isn't a difficult way to play, and it has a lot of bonuses, even if it is being utilised by players at HMFC's level rather than the quality of players Manchester City have. But the principle, the means of execution should be the same. Tomorrow I hope we win, but I think it will be very close. We need to keep the wingers wide, and two up front in and around the penalty area, with someone in the middle who can pass the ball accurately and move it quickly to pull defenders about. I think it will be close tomorrow night, but I'd hope we can get a win, and at this stage of the season even a 1-0 win would be acceptable, we need to get back to winning games, tying up the competition and then look at how the same formation will work one division up and use the last few games to get a better idea of where we need to strengthen.

Edited by portobellojambo1

49 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I know it is two completely different situations but much of what we tend to talk about on here is the tendency to play the ball either across the field or backwards. The thing is when you watch good sides play it you can see it working perfectly, as it is used for the right reasons and/or in the right manner. Last night's Champions League game between Borussia Moenchengladbach and Manchester City was the perfect example of it working in a very simple but effective manner. When we play it that way it tends to pan out that it is our players who are being pulled out of position, whereas the whole idea is to pull the opposition out of shape, make them do all the running and thinking, and eventually change how they want to play. It is isn't a difficult way to play, and it has a lot of bonuses, even if it is being utilised by players at HMFC's level rather than the quality of players Manchester City have. But the principle, the means of execution should be the same. Tomorrow I hope we win, but I think it will be very close. We need to keep the wingers wide, and two up front in and around the penalty area, with someone in the middle who can pass the ball accurately and move it quickly to pull defenders about. I think it will be close tomorrow night, but I'd hope we can get a win, and at this stage of the season even a 1-0 win would be acceptable, we need to get back to winning games, tying up the competition and then look at how the same formation will work one division up and use the last few games to get a better idea of where we need to strengthen.

That's what it's all about.

3 points, remain comfortably clear at the top and, eventually with a bit to spare, clinch our ticket of this horrible league.

A few goals (mostly Hearts) and entertainment would be nice but turgid is acceptable as long as we win.

Hopefully, once we've achieved what we must, Neilson will sus out what and who we need for next season and, frankly, what and who we don't.

south morocco
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Brisk first 5-10 minutes without really creating a clear cut chance, ICT work their way into the game, Hearts become increasingly sideways. 0-0 HT.

ICT score, Hearts equalize and we all moan like feck on here.

That's the Friday night script and we know our lines inside out.

😀 so true

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Might wait until 845 before switching on

😄

I was thinking about the good old days of Ceefax.

I'll maybe just "watch" it on here and see how it pans out early doors.

Join in late for the celebration or the seethe. 

Given the schitzophrenic nature of recent performances I'm going for a comfortable Hearts win. 

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

😄

I was thinking about the good old days of Ceefax.

I'll maybe just "watch" it on here and see how it pans out early doors.

Join in late for the celebration or the seethe. 

Given the schitzophrenic nature of recent performances I'm going for a comfortable Hearts win. 

I've been quite enjoying a Friday night TV game... with a few beers... then a rant on JKB!

Sets you up for the weekend... or down. The beers definitely help.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I've been quite enjoying a Friday night TV game... with a few beers... then a rant on JKB!

Sets you up for the weekend... or down. The beers definitely help.

I've "invested" in two boxes of Brewdog. 😆