***Official ICT v Hearts Matchday thread***

GinRummy

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Although we didn't play anywhere near the level we're capable of at the weekend, we still should have won the game comfortably. We're now seriously due a win. Not sure if nando gets the start. Think GMS has been so poor and in need of being dropped. McEneff looked really promising and should definitely keep his place. I wouldn't be against 3-5-2 which has been spoken about by a few in the media this week, so here goes:

Boyce Kastaneer

Walker

Halliday McEneff

Kingsley                             Smith

Halkett Haring Popescu

Gordon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Thomaso

• NANOJAMBO

• Hearts007

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

4/4 in March will see us all but promoted imo. 

It is a difficult one to call with our current form.

I did a quick calculation of the main challengers and in the unlikely event that Dunfermline and Raith both won every game left then the maximum number of points they could get is 60.

Dundee's maximum if they won all their games would be 59 points.

The surprise though because they have had so many games cancelled is ICT as they could get 69 points.

It is highly unlikely that any team including us will win every game left but we have 10 games left which if we were to win them all would give us a points total of 68.

But we all know that this league is full of surprises and you never know who is going to spring a defeat on who.

We really need to be winning against ICT and Dundee to give ourselves the best chance to wrap the league up asap.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It is a difficult one to call with our current form.

I did a quick calculation of the main challengers and in the unlikely event that Dunfermline and Raith both won every game left then the maximum number of points they could get is 60.

Dundee's maximum if they won all their games would be 59 points.

The surprise though because they have had so many games cancelled is ICT as they could get 69 points.

It is highly unlikely that any team including us will win every game left but we have 10 games left which if we were to win them all would give us a points total of 68.

But we all know that this league is full of surprises and you never know who is going to spring a defeat on who.

We really need to be winning against ICT and Dundee to give ourselves the best chance to wrap the league up asap.

57 Inverness maximum. Played 14 on 18 points + 39 points is 57. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

57 Inverness maximum. Played 14 on 18 points + 39 points is 57. 

Sorry I just realised my mistake although I was looking at the table on the HMFC website which shows they have played 13 games.

With 14 to go they would have been able to get a max of 59 rather than my 69.

I take it they played this week and drew?

56 minutes ago, 160598 said:

2-0 ICT

By the time the bus arrives GMS to be car sick, Nando hypothermic and Naysmith finish his 80s playlist.

Naisy got good taste in music anyway. Bit of Human League, Depeche Mode, Bronki Beat. 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Sorry I just realised my mistake although I was looking at the table on the HMFC website which shows they have played 13 games.

With 14 to go they would have been able to get a max of 59 rather than my 69.

I take it they played this week and drew?

👍.Yesterday. Drew 2-2 at home to Alloa. 

Can't see anything other than a hard game on Friday.  Yet another team sitting in and hitting us on break.  The key to these games is getting first goal.  Maybe not a bad thing that our expectations aren't too high after recent performances.   1-1, which ultimately wouldn't be a disaster.

Hopefully we do a bit better than that.

Hope so. Would be nice to get a convincing away performance under our belt. Surely if we create the amount of chances we did in the first half on Saturday we will be more clinical and walk it. 

Edited by GinRummy

37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hope so. Would be nice to get a convincing away performance under our belt. Surely if we create the amount of chances we did in the first half on Saturday we will be more clinical and walk it. 

So long as the chances don't fall to Popescu we might convert a few.

Edited by wavydavy

He had two brilliant chances as well. Cost you a few bob.

Ahem ..yep. **** professor snape got im from the dug out. "Petric-iamus"

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He had two brilliant chances as well. Cost you a few bob.

Smith and Halkett spurned decent chances as well. Not as easy as Popescu’s though. 

Any more dropped points and we ain't running away with this league so Robbie must do something to get us back to the Raith Rovers away performance. Any win will do for me but I'm not holding my breath.

The Apprentice
21 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Dont i had 20 on at 50/1 1st gs with paddy

I feel your pain - I had a fiver on him at 40's. I'm not a big gambler either so it was a sore one for me when he skied it!

The Grim Reaper
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

No idea. 

You never said. 

1. It makes it easier for you to pretend you've watched it.

2. Expecting another average performance and would rather it wasn't broadcast to the nation.

ICT will not sit back they  need to start winning there home games to give themselves a chance of the playoffs,

that should open the game up so that should suit us,

They  have just come off from a tough game last night so they may tire in the second half.

but then again 🤷‍♂️

59 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

3 games in a week for ICT, we should try to blow them away in the first half 

0-3

With our pedestrian slow passing from side to back.

You are excatly correct they have played two games on Saturday then Tuesday and had a long lay-off prior to that with the bad weather. They will hardly be fully match fit so we should be stretching them as much as possibel and tiring them out.

We can always live in hope.

I am a bundle of nerves when I see teams attacking our central defenders,far stiffer test for them next three games

1 minute ago, heartmussel said:

I am a bundle of nerves when I see teams attacking our central defenders,far stiffer test for them next three games

Don’t worry. They have to get through our midfield first. 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

1. It makes it easier for you to pretend you've watched it.

2. Expecting another average performance and would rather it wasn't broadcast to the nation.

😂😂😂

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

The RR performance only came about because they basically gave up after the red card and played it out as a defensive shape training drill. We knocked the ball about well, but let's not kid on that RR were even attempting to make a game of it :( 

Agree re any more dropped points. Slides are hard to stop. A solid win here, by two clear goals, and the confidence comes back.

Were we already 2 up by the time he got sent off?

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Gordon

popescu smith Halkett 

Henderson Haring Mceneff Kingsley

Walker

Gnando.         Boyce

sCsw9cLkJRoijfIqCKE4jOC1Sk=

Just now, jonesy said:

1-0, I think? I've tried to erase each match this season from memory at the full time whistle, so could be wrong :) 

😀 I know how you feel. Just checked. Henderson made it 2 a couple of minutes before the red. 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

sCsw9cLkJRoijfIqCKE4jOC1Sk=

Not as nuts as it sounds. Henderson pins back the full back then they have to deal with our full back bombing forward. Worked last season in some games. Probably not with three at the back. 

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Kingsley

Kastaneer  McEneff  Haring  White

Walker

Boyce  Gnanduillet

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Kingsley

Kastaneer  McEneff  Haring  White

Walker

Boyce  Gnanduillet

Not sure about White he was injured and left out of the squad on Saturday and hasn't played much.

Having said that I think I would prefer him to Frear and even GMS.

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 I know how you feel. Just checked. Henderson made it 2 a couple of minutes before the red. 

Yes, but they knew they were going a man down so gave up after the first. :whistling:

sadly, as per my prediction v morton, another turgid 1-0 win or 1-1 draw.

I base this sadly on recent performances and not the calibre of players on both sides.

at the moment, it feels like Robbie is building a team of stars. Time to build a star team instead. 

25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wait a minute, Daniel - are you saying we actually have tactics? 😛 

Yes haven’t you noticed? It’s one up front and pass the ball slowly across the park amongst the defence. 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Naisy got good taste in music anyway. Bit of Human League, Depeche Mode, Bronki Beat. 

Great bands 👍

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It doesn't happen very often mainly because our strikers are dropping deep to try and get the ball and the wingers are incapapable of going beyond a full back and putting in a telling cross.

The service the wingers get certainly doesn't help when they receive the ball when they are facing thwe wrong way with a defender right at their back.

Maybe if we tried putting the ball behind defenders for the wingers to run onto or playing quick one two's we might get somewhere.

Totally agree Dave - we will never get the best out of big Gnando of he gets shit service.

7 hours ago, chrystaf said:

But can we afford the luxury of having players who can only "manage" 30-45 minutes?

We are where we are - need to make the best use of the players we have.