Neil Lennon away

Gary Locke

5 hours ago, superjack said:

Just heard it announced that he has now actually left. Let's have a minutes silence, for the most odious person that I can remember to have Graced Scottish football.

I'm sure he'll come out and start blaming everyone else for why he was forced out of his dream job.

To be fair (did I really say that ?) Sounness runs a close 2nd in the odious, smug b*st*rd stakes. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Rudy T

• Pans Jambo

• Rogue Daddy

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Nah, I reckon they already have had Clarke lined up but obviously only after the Euros.

Lennon was to stay till then but things have got so embarrassing for him/them that they/him flung in the towel.

Good riddance to the horrible wee rat, even allowing for the fun he's given us all this past season.

He's not so smug and gloating now.

I can't see Clarke taking it. He wants nothing to do with the sectarian poison of those 2 entities. They are both the shameful face of Scotland, aided by the Scottish media, who are either of a similar mind or too scared to challenge it.

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

I can't see Clarke taking it. He wants nothing to do with the sectarian poison of those 2 entities. They are both the shameful face of Scotland, aided by the Scottish media, who are either of a similar mind or too scared to challenge it.

Don't be so sure. I think he would grab the chance.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I personally can't see Clarke taking that job on, or even taking a job in Scotland again anytime soon. He's proven himself to be a very good manager, and think he'll go back down south when his time is up at the national team. I don't think that'll be any time soon though. I think he'll want a crack at the World Cup.

I think Eddie Howe could be a shout for the Celtic gig. Or some other bawbag from down south.

Well, let's hope it's some bawbag or other! 😆 😆

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

NL is a sectarian ***** who fanned the embers of bigotry in Scotland whenever it suited him. Never forget his feigning injury when a coin hit him on his jacket, never forget his rant after Celtics disgraceful jolly boys outing during a global pandemic. He called sectarianism racism and claimed conspiracy whenever things went wrong. Did he ever speak out against his own clubs role in this, child abuse, breach of covid regulations, violence etc. etc. etc. Of course none of this will change just because Lennons gone, but at least we don't have to witness the scummy little hypocrite spouting his bile week after week. 

Not a fan of Neil, then?

ToadKiller Dog
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Got to agree with you here... why anyone would want 'that' job at 'that' club (and all the baggage it brings), is beyond me. In many ways, Lennon was well suited for it.

Yep some of the stuff Rodgers and his family received when he left was criminal .

But in the end money talks,there will be plenty wanting the job  .

Lennon is the rotten toothed snarling face mascot  of the Lawwell era celtic .

4 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:The guy is a shite manager. His trophy haul looks impressive but most of them came when Rangers were pish. Finally they get some competition for the first time in a decade and he crumbles. Fraud.

Most Old Firm managers are the same.  Rodgers, is possibly the exception.    Walter Smith went to England, and done shit with Everton, almost relegating them, blaming it on money.  

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

For those interested 

John Kennedy
6/4
Eddie Howe
9/4
Frank Lampard
5/1
Roberto Martinez
7/1
Rafael Benitez
10/1
Steve Clarke
10/1
Roy Keane
18/1
Alex Neil
20/1
Enzo Maresca
22/1
Jack Ross
22/1

Enzo Maresca is quite a random name to be linked? No previous experience as a head coach. Keane is making a comfortable, stress free living in punditry, so I doubt he would be in the slightest bit interested.

Surely this has happened because he's a Norn Irish Kafflik right!!? Mean, there can't be any other reason according to every excuse we've ever heard from the giant phallus himself.

What will the victims do without their Chief vicTim!!!?? Hope his unfortunate other half has hidden all the kitchen knives for the foreseeable. Scottish football will be well rid of the odious, bigoted, cant. Fully expect to see him back on our TVs in the Summer covering the Euros with ITV or BBC. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scottish Football is nothing but an embarrassing back water. Its a wart on the arse or world football.

I really cant be arsed with NL but really, what has he done that means he needs to walk?

This 10 in a row pish is nothing to be proud of. Its just wrong that if you dont win absolutely everything then you get sacked/have to walk. The glory hunting supporters fed by the west coast media have them all in a frenzy about it!

Imagine if Hearts were having the season that Celtic were right now? Who would complain about 2nd in the league and a Scottish cup win?

Disgraceful that the powers that run our game have allowed it to be about 2 teams and they're only really happy if theres 4 "old firm" league games, 2 "old firm" cup finals and an "old firm" league deciding "helicopter Sunday" every season and to hell with the rest of Scottish Football.

The sooner Scottish football HQ is ripped out of bigot town to the countries capital the better it will be for the game. Plus we need a 1 team, 1 vote system. None of this veto pish or whatever!

One thing that hasn’t been adequately acknowledged this season is how absurdly consistent Rangers have been. That didn’t help Lennon. But on the occasions I’ve watched Celtic, they’re been tactically woeful. Part of the blame lies with him, part of the blame lies with the Celtic board for appointing him in the first place and not seeing the light earlier this season. That combined with a lazy recruitment strategy.

I’m not sure who Scottish football serves any more tbh. The Old Firm hate being here. Everyone else hates them being here. But I also hate the idea of them getting their way by snaking into the EPL (which thankfully won’t happen). It’s a miserable state of affairs and the last people with any ideas or inclination for change and the people who govern the game. So basically, it’s only going to get worse 

3 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

That's the problem when it comes to Celtic and to a lesser extend Rangers.

Celtic have been diet fed titles and cup wins for many years now without any serious challenge. It's second nature now for some of their support...and that level of expectation means that second spot is an abysmal failure!

No sooner than Rangers getting back to putting in a challenge, the whole deck of Celtic cards collapse, and someone must pay the price. Trouble is Lennon cannot do diplomacy, and therefore it's all conspiracy and factions working against him behind his back.

I'm not sure that we should also accept Hearts being second best......Why not be ambitious enough to go for titles and cup wins? (slightly ambitious I know!)......SAF would never have accepted being perennial R/U to Celtic/Rangers in his time at Aberdeen.....I buy my season ticket in the hope that the next season will bring unqualified success at Hearts (again, optimism levels at max!)

Finally.....I'm not sure that the clubs want SFA HQ ripped out of Wegia.....you would only transplant the same rancid people to another location elsewhere in the country. Same problems, different view out the window!
Apathy is the problem, self interest is the problem....Celtic/Rangers £ is the problem....None of that going away anytime soon.

However, good start to the day.....Lennon is off!

It's not just a game of football though, is it?

That is just the excuse. It goes deeper and wider than that.

10IAR was their way of asserting their "cultural, political and religious" dominance for all time. 

Think not? Check out some of the stuff emanating from the Green Brigade in recent years.

Significant that those mutants - as opposed to ordinary celtic fans - were the ones rampaging at celtic park and attacking their team bus for actually daring to lose ONE GAME.

Ironic that Lennon, the bitter twisted wee guy who set out to appeal to that lowest common denominator within their support was in the end the man they hounded out of the job. 

Edited by JDK2020

55 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

To be fair (did I really say that ?) Sounness runs a close 2nd in the odious, smug b*st*rd stakes. 

Apart from when he was at the huns, I quite like souness. And he's a jambo. Well he was when he was at school anyway. Wouldn't see him acting like he had just been skelped I'm the face with a baseball bat when a coin bounced harmlessly off his jacket.

13 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A man who'd cause a fight in an empty hoose.

Bye, Lenny. 

That prob means hes joining here as a poster

36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

One thing that hasn’t been adequately acknowledged this season is how absurdly consistent Rangers have been. That didn’t help Lennon. But on the occasions I’ve watched Celtic, they’re been tactically woeful. Part of the blame lies with him, part of the blame lies with the Celtic board for appointing him in the first place and not seeing the light earlier this season. That combined with a lazy recruitment strategy.

I’m not sure who Scottish football serves any more tbh. The Old Firm hate being here. Everyone else hates them being here. But I also hate the idea of them getting their way by snaking into the EPL (which thankfully won’t happen). It’s a miserable state of affairs and the last people with any ideas or inclination for change and the people who govern the game. So basically, it’s only going to get worse 

What a depressing thought.

Under the floodlight
27 minutes ago, superjack said:

Apart from when he was at the huns, I quite like souness. And he's a jambo. Well he was when he was at school anyway. Wouldn't see him acting like he had just been skelped I'm the face with a baseball bat when a coin bounced harmlessly off his jacket.

Recently said in an interview with Chick Young he was Rangers and his family was Hearts.

41 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Lampard is well fragile and proper rule britannia Englishman too, would love it to be him 

I hope it’s not him I like Lampard and think he could be a good manager 

50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Only once we reach absolute rock bottom (as a nation) will something eventually give.

We’re not there yet, but we’re definitely on course.

Competition drives everything in the end. In the 21st century, even more so.

There is an end point in all of this. Might be sooner than a lot of folk think.

It’ll start with the part-time clubs folding, and then the change could come from there.

Folk will walk away, otherwise.

As I have said before  them winning the cup in 2019 got lennon the job permanently. Winning in 2020 kept him in the job. Small consolation for us is losing 2 finals has kept him in a job and cost them 10 in a row.

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I disagree Jimmy. the system needs changed to move away from "size". and in any case, Hearts have no more power than Hamilton and we generate WAAAY more money than they do. The trouble is the whole system is rotten and designed to only benefit 2 teams. That needs changed IMO. If Tynecastle was rebuilt to take 40,000 and we filled it every week nothing would change at the top. Its a bent system.

Couldn’t agree more but it’s catch 22. A rigged system that can’t be changed unless those being heavily favoured agree to it. It will take mass resignation from clubs below the OF or the OF themselves leaving before we’ll see change of the type needed.

SectionDJambo
52 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

As I have said before  them winning the cup in 2019 got lennon the job permanently. Winning in 2020 kept him in the job. Small consolation for us is losing 2 finals has kept him in a job and cost them 10 in a row.

It is a very small consolation but, indirectly, we have contributed to Celtic’s demise. There is no doubt that him getting and keeping the job after those 2 finals has cost Celtic their Holy Grail.

I wish we had won both of them though, and we probably deserved to. A curse of penalty kicks in both matches. 

alwaysthereinspirit

A very sad day for Scottish football. A true leader of men and an inspiration to young footballers in Scotland. A football coach who got the best from his players. He’ll be sadly missed by fans the width and breadth of the country. 
That’s what may have been written about a man not so odious, selfish or scummy.

Good riddance. All we can hope for now is that you don’t pick up some TV gig that means listening to your drivel week after week.

56 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

A very sad day for Scottish football. A true leader of men and an inspiration to young footballers in Scotland. A football coach who got the best from his players. He’ll be sadly missed by fans the width and breadth of the country. 
That’s what may have been written about a man not so odious, selfish or scummy.

Good riddance. All we can hope for now is that you don’t pick up some TV gig that means listening to your drivel week after week.

:yas:

3 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

It's not just a game of football though, is it?

That is just the excuse. It goes deeper and wider than that.

10IAR was their way of asserting their "cultural, political and religious" dominance for all time. 

Think not? Check out some of the stuff emanating from the Green Brigade in recent years.

Significant that those mutants - as opposed to ordinary celtic fans - were the ones rampaging at celtic park and attacking their team bus for actually daring to lose ONE GAME.

Ironic that Lennon, the bitter twisted wee guy who set out to appeal to that lowest common denominator within their support was in the end the man they hounded out of the job. 

Pretty much spot on, now we all have to hope and pray that the other arse cheek doesn't get 10IAR.

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Aye that makes sense. 🥴

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Celtic fans > Eddie Howe, Roberto Martinez, Rafa Benitez, Frank Lampard

Celtic board > John Kennedy, Alex Neil, Jack Ross

Jack Ross would be the most bizarre Celtic manager appointment since Neil Lennon. I really hope it happens.

54 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Jack Ross would be the most bizarre Celtic manager appointment since Neil Lennon. I really hope it happens.

Its Gavin Strachan I feel sorry for, he’s undefeated as Celtic manager surely he’s the man for the job!

Similarly Jack Ross 100% record at Hampden what’s not too like😂

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Imagine they went for Neilson or Levein :lol: 

I'm sad, sad that the coin didn't slice his odious popcorn toothed head clean off.

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Imagine they went for Neilson or Levein :lol: 

Well exactly. And both have done more as managers than Ross.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Never work can’t manage in the same league

Simple solution is to have Scholes as both their assistants but will need to wait until managerial formations have evolved.

gorgie rd eh11

Before i gloat over him ******* up their 10 in a row thing i'd like to say in a Scottish football media way what a great guy he is and how much i really like him. 

This is what they'll remember you for Neil, nae luck.

A large part of their failure has been recruitment. Now I don't know if Lennon actually decides who will be brought in or if Gerrard does at Ibrox for that matter.

But whatever the case may be Rangers have recruited masterfully in comparison. Celtic spent more on a dodgy goalkeeper than Rangers did on Kemar Roofe for just one example.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nah because there could be a slim chance Lenny would get Hibs gig again 😂

It will be another yes man within the club Kennedy will get the role or Strachan for a year or two .

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

A large part of their failure has been recruitment. Now I don't know if Lennon actually decides who will be brought in or if Gerrard does at Ibrox for that matter.

But whatever the case may be Rangers have recruited masterfully in comparison. Celtic spent more on a dodgy goalkeeper than Rangers did on Kemar Roofe for just one example.

Rangers recruited payers who fit into Gerrards system and improved them. Celtic just bought players, Lennon is such a shite manager he’s actually regressed most players and dismantled their youth system.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Gerrard's an example of how sticking with a manager to let him build his team can pay dividends. A lot of Gerrard's quite early signings are still important players for them - Goldson, McGregor, Arfield, Kamara, Kent, Defoe, Helander.. - despite them achieving very little before this season. He's made a lot of complete dud signings as well. It would have been easy to do a major rebuild each season they failed to win something but Rangers seems have let him do it his way. Quite impressed with how Gerrard has managed Morales as well. He seems to be a bonafide football manager who might actually have a really good career when he moves to a proper club.

Guest ToqueJambo

The interviews will be interesting.

Candidate: "What's your long-term priority?"

Celtic: "10 in a row. It's all we live for. We even ensured football got stopped during the pandemic to keep on track."

Candidate: "How many are you on?"

Celtic: "None"

Candidate: "No pressure then"