Neil Lennon away

Gary Locke

25 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

No chance that he voluntarily resigned. It's possible that a replacement has now been identified and a severance package put in place. The separation was probably agreed months ago, hence he stayed to take the flak until things moved on.

I'm thinking the board have finally decided enough is enough, and they've given him a window to hand his resignation in to try and leave with some dignity. Very little dignity, but some perhaps among those rhats.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Rudy T

• Pans Jambo

• Rogue Daddy

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scottish Football is nothing but an embarrassing back water. Its a wart on the arse or world football.

I really cant be arsed with NL but really, what has he done that means he needs to walk?

This 10 in a row pish is nothing to be proud of. Its just wrong that if you dont win absolutely everything then you get sacked/have to walk. The glory hunting supporters fed by the west coast media have them all in a frenzy about it!

Imagine if Hearts were having the season that Celtic were right now? Who would complain about 2nd in the league and a Scottish cup win?

Disgraceful that the powers that run our game have allowed it to be about 2 teams and they're only really happy if theres 4 "old firm" league games, 2 "old firm" cup finals and an "old firm" league deciding "helicopter Sunday" every season and to hell with the rest of Scottish Football.

The sooner Scottish football HQ is ripped out of bigot town to the countries capital the better it will be for the game. Plus we need a 1 team, 1 vote system. None of this veto pish or whatever!

Agree with most of that, he's not won this season's Scottish cup though.

55 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scottish Football is nothing but an embarrassing back water. Its a wart on the arse or world football.

I really cant be arsed with NL but really, what has he done that means he needs to walk?

This 10 in a row pish is nothing to be proud of. Its just wrong that if you dont win absolutely everything then you get sacked/have to walk. The glory hunting supporters fed by the west coast media have them all in a frenzy about it!

Imagine if Hearts were having the season that Celtic were right now? Who would complain about 2nd in the league and a Scottish cup win?

Disgraceful that the powers that run our game have allowed it to be about 2 teams and they're only really happy if theres 4 "old firm" league games, 2 "old firm" cup finals and an "old firm" league deciding "helicopter Sunday" every season and to hell with the rest of Scottish Football.

The sooner Scottish football HQ is ripped out of bigot town to the countries capital the better it will be for the game. Plus we need a 1 team, 1 vote system. None of this veto pish or whatever!

That is bad enough but 35 in a row really shows us up to the outside world. A one city domination significantly fueled by underlying factors totally irrelevant to football.A stain on Scottish society that has never subsided. 

41 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I disagree Jimmy. the system needs changed to move away from "size". and in any case, Hearts have no more power than Hamilton and we generate WAAAY more money than they do. The trouble is the whole system is rotten and designed to only benefit 2 teams. That needs changed IMO. If Tynecastle was rebuilt to take 40,000 and we filled it every week nothing would change at the top. Its a bent system.

Do we not moan that the old firm have more power than us? Yet we're supposed to have more power than Hamilton. 🥴

23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

You're right.

In any other country that likes to think it still has ambition, any club winning it's championship 9 years in a row would give cause for major concern over what is going wrong. It has happened 3 times in my lifetime, with the only one of any prestige, in my view, being the first one. 

But these days, the 2 Glasgow clubs duopoly is heralded as being fantastic for Scottish football by the media, and used as a main selling pitch to broadcasters by the overpaid SPFL puppet secretary. 

We are told that Celtic have TGFITW, with no mention of the fans of Hearts Hibs, Aberdeen, and the rest, who buy their season tickets in the full knowledge that their club won't win the championship. Any threat of any other club doing so will be crushed by the overwhelming power that the 2 Glasgow clubs have built, mainly through the poison of religious bigotry.

Would Celtic fans back their team knowing they had no chance of winning the championship? Certainly not in the numbers they have now. They, and their cheerleading pals in the media are quick to jump on any celebration of winning, but they can't hack it when things go, even slightly, wrong.

Neil Lennon is slinking off before Rangers come to Parkhead to win the championship, and destroy their holy grail of 10 in a row. He cannot man up like other opposition managers have had to do when he won trophies.

What are the chances that Brown, far from the scenes of celebrating in opponent's faces, as he did in the last 2 cup finals, doesn't appear against Rangers. This failure for Celtic has much to do with him overstaying his usefulness in pursuit of personal glory, which his lack of ambition and real talent didn't deserve anyway. He took easy medals in place of a real challenge and gets the end to his Celtic career that he deserves. 

:spoton:

It’s now victim Lennon bingo time let’s listen out for....

There was things going on behind the scenes not my fault

The pandemic hit Celtic the hardest, not my fault

The media put me under too much pressure, not my fault

Lawell didn’t protect me enough from the fans, not my fault

Dubai wasn’t my idea, not my fault

The Scottish Government picked on Celtic, not my fault

The players shat their Jimmy’s at 10iar, not my fault

The list will be endless, some no mark BBC hack will get the exclusive in the next couple of months and the conclusion will be ‘Lenny’ was hard done by and none of it was his fault.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

'Resigns'.

There is not a chance that guy has resigned. Its not in his odious nature to think about what is best for anything other than himself. 

More like left at mutual consent with a big feck off pay off.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Agree with most of that, he's not won this season's Scottish cup though.

True. I concede not this season's cup but won it DURING this season.

4 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

That is bad enough but 35 in a row really shows us up to the outside world. A one city domination significantly fueled by underlying factors totally irrelevant to football.A stain on Scottish society that has never subsided. 

When you put it like that its even worse!

35 in a row FFS! :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Do we not moan that the old firm have more power than us? Yet we're supposed to have more power than Hamilton. 🥴

No I think it should be 1 club = 1 vote and a winning decision is 50% plus 1 as in a normal democracy.

Fat chance though eh!

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

No I think it should be 1 club = 1 vote and a winning decision is 50% plus 1 as in a normal democracy.

Fat chance though eh!

:spoton:

Or at least it would be until the tail started wagging the dog and all hell broke loose.

Scenario: bottom 2 leagues vote for all TV money to be distributed on an equal share basis - motion carried.

Edited by graygo

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

this post says everything for me , well said Pans Jambo

Glad he's gone. Just as glad that liewwell is off also... although he'll probably be replaced by some shellick-mided stooge out of the same mhanky mould.

For me, he epitomizes Celtic to a tee and is a poisonous rat of a human being.

I never used to mind him when he was at Leicester but his antics as a player and coach since coming to Scotland are nothing short of embaressing.  I was sat behind the away dug out the night he was allegedly attacked at Tynecastle and have zero sympathy for him.  The way he goaded and mocked the Hearts fans that night, he walked right into that incident.

23 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'm thinking the board have finally decided enough is enough, and they've given him a window to hand his resignation in to try and leave with some dignity. Very little dignity, but some perhaps among those rhats.

Nah, I reckon they already have had Clarke lined up but obviously only after the Euros.

Lennon was to stay till then but things have got so embarrassing for him/them that they/him flung in the towel.

Good riddance to the horrible wee rat, even allowing for the fun he's given us all this past season.

He's not so smug and gloating now.

Clarke would be an odd choice, throughout his career as a head coach he's never worked at a team that is expected to dominate the ball and play on the front foot. Plus one of the reasons he gave for taking the Scotland job is that it allowed him to spend more time with his family who live down south.

19 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Nah, I reckon they already have had Clarke lined up but obviously only after the Euros.

Lennon was to stay till then but things have got so embarrassing for him/them that they/him flung in the towel.

Good riddance to the horrible wee rat, even allowing for the fun he's given us all this past season.

He's not so smug and gloating now.

I personally can't see Clarke taking that job on, or even taking a job in Scotland again anytime soon. He's proven himself to be a very good manager, and think he'll go back down south when his time is up at the national team. I don't think that'll be any time soon though. I think he'll want a crack at the World Cup.

I think Eddie Howe could be a shout for the Celtic gig. Or some other bawbag from down south.

A horrible individual who will only be remembered for his 'odious wee rat' antics!

Thankfully we shouldn't see him in a dug out in Scotland again!!

With luck we won't see him again at all, but I'm not holding my breath...

Francis Albert

A few saying he would have gone earlier if we had won the cup in December. Probably. But his interim appointment as manager after the 18/19 season would almost certainly  not have been made "permanent" if we had won in May 2019. I remember for many Celtic fans his immediate appointment on the day  that cup final win even put a bit of a dampener on the " treble treble" celebrations.

Edited by Francis Albert

The Treasurer

Timing says a lot about the man.

Didn't want to be in charge when they officially blow the 10IAR.

I await the "I was driven out by bigotry" victim interview with one of the rags

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A few saying he would have gone earlier if we had won the cup in December. Probably. But his interim appointment as manager after the 18/19 season would almost certainly  not have been made "permanent" if we had won in May 1919. I remember for many Celtic fans his immediate appointment on the day  that cup final win even put a bit of a dampener on the " treble treble" celebrations.

That's a hell of a domino effect!

chuck berrys hairline
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He'll only see it through to the summer, surely! 

I've said for a while, partly to wind up my celtic mates that  it will be Malky Mackay as the next chump to manage them. 

Malkys retired after latest pay off from SFA. Source my old man whos working at his new house

9 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A few saying he would have gone earlier if we had won the cup in December. Probably. But his interim appointment as manager after the 18/19 season would almost certainly  not have been made "permanent" if we had won in May 1919. I remember for many Celtic fans his immediate appointment on the day  that cup final win even put a bit of a dampener on the " treble treble" celebrations.

Bobby cost us the cup and Celtic 10IAR. Some effort 

Steve McLaren just touted Lampard for the job on Sky. Might they try go down that route like Rangers? I'm sure Lampard would be happy to try build his reputation up.

kingantti1874

Laughing at the suggestion he’s a good guy away from the dugout 😂

he certainly is not, remember him trying to get the guy fixed with the 5-1. His complete inability to accept that people don’t like him because of his behaviour. Blaming everything on the fact people don’t like him Becuase they are bigots. Never heard a bigger pile of crap in my life.  People didn’t like him because he’s a ****ing tosser 😂

as I say, good riddance. - scumbag of a man

The Natural Order

If Hibs finish third Ross will get a job down south and Lennon will be back at Hibs with Brown as Player/Assistant.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

The players shat their Jimmys at 10iar, not my fault

The list will be endless, some no mark BBC hack will get the exclusive in the next couple of months and the conclusion will be ‘Lenny’ was hard done by and none of it was his fault.

Must have been a runny one if they shat their Jimmy's 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Real Kashmir would be a good choice of destination Neil.

Don't let the door hit your substantial arse on the way out now son

Toodaloo 

Edited by Sir Gio

20 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I wonder whether Celtic might struggle to find a decent replacement for Lennon.

I seem to remember that Rodgers took a lot of stick from Celtic fans, simply for choosing to wear a poppy on Remembrance weekend. If I was a top coach I wouldn't want to go into a club with that kind of culture and that level of scrutiny from fans.

I'm sure the incident must have influenced Rodgers' decision to leave.

Got to agree with you here... why anyone would want 'that' job at 'that' club (and all the baggage it brings), is beyond me. In many ways, Lennon was well suited for it.

42 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Clarke would be an odd choice, throughout his career as a head coach he's never worked at a team that is expected to dominate the ball and play on the front foot. Plus one of the reasons he gave for taking the Scotland job is that it allowed him to spend more time with his family who live down south.

Clarke has already made clear his distaste for both the OF.  Hypocrite if he opts against his previous position.   He may have been raised up a Catholic in Ayrshire but he is no Fenian.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

The players shat their Jimmy’s at 10iar, not my fault

Already said it in his statement as others have pointed out.

I tried my best - we weren't good enough.

He's a charlatan

One team winning 10 in a row would have exposed Scottish Football for the farce it is.

But then again, going back to two teams passing the league title and all domestic cups between themselves also exposes how farcical Scottish Football is.

But the beaks will be happy as they have their two team duopoly back and think this makes a good selling point for Scottish Football as a whole.

And it will only encourage them to ignore the sectarian bile coming out of both camps as they also think this is just passionate fandom.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

NL is a sectarian ***** who fanned the embers of bigotry in Scotland whenever it suited him. Never forget his feigning injury when a coin hit him on his jacket, never forget his rant after Celtics disgraceful jolly boys outing during a global pandemic. He called sectarianism racism and claimed conspiracy whenever things went wrong. Did he ever speak out against his own clubs role in this, child abuse, breach of covid regulations, violence etc. etc. etc. Of course none of this will change just because Lennons gone, but at least we don't have to witness the scummy little hypocrite spouting his bile week after week. 

Shanks said no

For those interested 

John Kennedy
6/4
Eddie Howe
9/4
Frank Lampard
5/1
Roberto Martinez
7/1
Rafael Benitez
10/1
Steve Clarke
10/1
Roy Keane
18/1
Alex Neil
20/1
Enzo Maresca
22/1
Jack Ross
22/1

2 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

I only had the slightest memory of that.

Had to check the archives.

Always two sides; however, it doesn’t read well.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229.amp

Class act (both of them!)... I liked the second sentence in that article - 

It is a story the Bolton boss and BBC pundit tried to ban after he claimed he was the victim.

Whoda thunk it?

Edited by Rogue Daddy

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

One team winning 10 in a row would have exposed Scottish Football for the farce it is.

But then again, going back to two teams passing the league title and all domestic cups between themselves also exposes how farcical Scottish Football is.

But the beaks will be happy as they have their two team duopoly back and think this makes a good selling point for Scottish Football as a whole.

And it will only encourage them to ignore the sectarian bile coming out of both camps as they also think this is just passionate fandom.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Spot on!

Not that we’re in any position to gloat, however, what a chance for Aberdeen and Hibs this season has been to get 2nd, no Hearts and a shambles of a Celtic team. Yet they’re getting all giddy about the “fight for 3rd” it’ll be another 10 years before this chance comes around again.

11 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

For those interested 

John Kennedy
6/4
Eddie Howe
9/4
Frank Lampard
5/1
Roberto Martinez
7/1
Rafael Benitez
10/1
Steve Clarke
10/1
Roy Keane
18/1
Alex Neil
20/1
Enzo Maresca
22/1
Jack Ross
22/1

Hold on....do they seriously think Martinez is going to leave Belgium to manage that mob🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Not that we’re in any position to gloat, however, what a chance for Aberdeen and Hibs this season has been to get 2nd, no Hearts and a shambles of a Celtic team. Yet they’re getting all giddy about the “fight for 3rd” it’ll be another 10 years before this chance comes around again.

Absolutely... Aberdeen have won only twice in their last 11 games!... they could have been well in front. Could you imagine the seethe if the mhanks had failed in qualifying for the CL qualifiers!?

55 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I wonder whether Celtic might struggle to find a decent replacement for Lennon.

I seem to remember that Rodgers took a lot of stick from Celtic fans, simply for choosing to wear a poppy on Remembrance weekend. If I was a top coach I wouldn't want to go into a club with that kind of culture and that level of scrutiny from fans.

I'm sure the incident must have influenced Rodgers' decision to leave.

Doubt it . The only person Rodgers is interested in is Rodgers

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Any other country would be embarrassed at having only two teams win the league for nearly 40 year.   Even our voting system is set up to benefit them and no one is embarrassed about that.  

Why do you think Doncaster is involved in both organisations?  It's not to benefit to the whole of Scottish football.

The only answer is the fans doing something.  It was the fans that prevented rangers getting straight back into the too flight.  

Don't know what the answer is but change will only come from the fans as clubs are happy to bend over.  

21 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

For those interested 

John Kennedy
6/4
Eddie Howe
9/4
Frank Lampard
5/1
Roberto Martinez
7/1
Rafael Benitez
10/1