• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Rudy T

• Pans Jambo

• Rogue Daddy

In a year when fans weren't available to influence refereeing decisions, thus exposing football managers' capabilities, this was an inevitable outcome.

Spitonastranger
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Met him at a charity do in Glasgow when I worked through there. He had not long signed for Celtic. Was decent enough to chat to and seemed interested in what you had to say. Not like some I've met.

This, still dont like him as a manager though :greggy:

Shanks said no

Whether he is a good bloke away from the dug out is irrelevant, as Celtic manager he was an odious lying piece of scum, so good riddance. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Probably got the full whack. PR exercise saying he resigned I'd think.

It would probably reflect better on the club if they’d sacked him. Letting the manager who blew 10 in a row leave when he feels like it isn’t a great look 

3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

This, still dont like him as a manager though :greggy:

He's a cartoon villain for me. Happy to rip him and shout at him in games. I dislike Brendan Rogers a lot more though. Smug prick of a guy.

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Ran away before Rangers win it 🤣🤣

Indeed, Rangers are on course to clinch the title at Parkhead and finish the season 20+ points ahead of them.

Bazzas right boot

Hardly surprising news, if we'd scored 2 penalties he'd have gone in December. 

Thier league form has been  below par but Rangers have been very good so it's made Celtic look even worse. 

He should retire from management now. The guy has mental health issues and being away from the pressure and media spot light would do him good. 

I wonder who will be in next? 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Glad to see the back of him. The most divisive, bitter, self entitled man in the game here. I hope it’s the last we see of him in Scottish Football.

brunoatemyhamster

Thank god that's over. 

An absolute myth of a manager, who can sit back and look at his managerial medal, padded with other peoples achievements. 

Rangers not in the league?  0 trebles

The only treble he won himself contained a curtailed league and a Scottish Cup win against a different team that started that completion. 

See also Stubbs Scottish Cup winning Hibs team, winning the championship, with no Rangers or Hearts. 

Bet he pocketed that £2 coin as well. 

Good riddance. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hardly surprising news, if we'd scored 2 penalties he'd have gone in December. 

Thier league form has been  below par but Rangers have been very good so it's made Celtic look even worse. 

He should retire from management now. The guy has mental health issues and being away from the pressure and media spot light would do him good. 

I wonder who will be in next? 

John Kennedy hopefully for a season of 2 :rofl:

He was tactically a poor manager who only looked good due to

the quality of the opposition,as soon as Rangers got there act together 

he was found out also he was never going to stay to be

the first Celtic manager to suffer four defeats to rangers in one season 

Edited by Hairdryer
Alteration

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

John Kennedy hopefully for a season of 2 :rofl:

He'll only see it through to the summer, surely! 

I've said for a while, partly to wind up my celtic mates that  it will be Malky Mackay as the next chump to manage them. 

Some cracking posts on this thread.

I’m not a fan of his but suggesting he rot in hell and never set foot in Scottish Football again. Sheez!

Resigned, sacked....It's all the same......The odious scumbag is finally away, and out of Scottish football for ever (I hope)!

Now who's daft enough to take on board a slightly unhinged basket case as their next appointment?  

His quotes from the statement are all "I' worked hard and "I" did my best. But "we" have had a difficult season and "we" failed to get a run going. Apparently there were "many factors" for why they have struggled this season. Mark of the man that even in resigning he wouldn't accept any personal responsibility for those failures.

25 minutes ago, Locky said:

Shame. Celtic's capitulation has been the only fun part of this season.

He'll be a future St Mirren manager one day, mark my words.

Dundee?

3 hours ago, James1874f said:

I know a Hearts fan who bumped into Lennon in Glasgow not long after he took over from Brenda, asked him to sign something for a big Celtic supporting family member and the level headed Neil Lennon refused because the guy asking was a Hearts fan.

I met Martin O'Neil when he was Celtic boss and asked him to sign something for Celtic lass at my work. Couldnt have been nicer, even had a laugh about me being a jambo.

I hate Martin O'Neil the football guy, but a nice man in life. There are loads of folk like that. Naismuth probably on that list for many.

But some guys are just all round detestable. Lennon at the very very top of that list.

Yeah you get guys who like him, guys on the game say he's actually a nice guy, played golf with him, he's sound n all that. That's guys in the game I respect too. But Nope. Not for me, he's a horrible man who stirs a bigoted pot for his own agenda time and again.

Bye.

Oh how I wish we'd scored those penalties!!!!

It must be a Celtic and hibs thing that reasonable level headed people turn into horrible little pricks. Good riddance to him. To think as previously mentioned had we won that cup final then he would have blown a gasket and ran into the wilderness never to be seen again. Now we'll see him at Hamilton in the dugout or Sky sports as a so called expert on the Scottish game.

Scottish Football is nothing but an embarrassing back water. Its a wart on the arse or world football.

I really cant be arsed with NL but really, what has he done that means he needs to walk?

This 10 in a row pish is nothing to be proud of. Its just wrong that if you dont win absolutely everything then you get sacked/have to walk. The glory hunting supporters fed by the west coast media have them all in a frenzy about it!

Imagine if Hearts were having the season that Celtic were right now? Who would complain about 2nd in the league and a Scottish cup win?

Disgraceful that the powers that run our game have allowed it to be about 2 teams and they're only really happy if theres 4 "old firm" league games, 2 "old firm" cup finals and an "old firm" league deciding "helicopter Sunday" every season and to hell with the rest of Scottish Football.

The sooner Scottish football HQ is ripped out of bigot town to the countries capital the better it will be for the game. Plus we need a 1 team, 1 vote system. None of this veto pish or whatever!

Edited by Pans Jambo

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scottish Football is nothing but an embarrassing back water. Its a wart on the arse or world football.

I really cant be arsed with NL but really, what has he done that means he needs to walk?

This 10 in a row pish is nothing to be proud of. Its just wrong that if you dont win absolutely everything then you get sacked/have to walk. The glory hunting supporters fed by the west coast media have them all in a frenzy about it!

Imagine if Hearts were having the season that Celtic were right now? Who would complain about 2nd in the league and a Scottish cup win?

Disgraceful that the powers that run our game have allowed it to be about 2 teams and they're only really happy if theres 4 "old firm" league games, 2 "old firm" cup finals and an "old firm" league deciding "helicopter Sunday" every season and to hell with the rest of Scottish Football.

The sooner Scottish football HQ is ripped out of bigot town to the countries capital the better it will be for the game. Plus we need a 1 team, 1 vote system. None of this veto pish or whatever!

Good point.

Having never met him at any charity doos, nor spoken to him socially I think he is a poisonous, obnoxious, hate-filled, verminous scumbag.

Now GTF out of Scotland.

9 hours ago, Deodato said:

Everyone I know who's met Lennon socially (most of which are Jambos) have told me he's a great guy - sociable, level headed and good chat. 

Sorry, for the balanced mature conversation - will leave now. 

Ask the woman who had a knife held to her throat......!

'Resigns'.

There is not a chance that guy has resigned. Its not in his odious nature to think about what is best for anything other than himself. 

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

'Resigns'.

There is not a chance that guy has resigned. Its not in his odious nature to think about what is best for anything other than himself. 

He’ll have had the old “you either jump or be pushed” line. Even someone as thick as him knows what’s best in that situation.

Hope he fecks off to England, never to be seen again.

12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Unfortunately when you’ve got two monolithic entities in an organisation generating most of the revenue they’re going to get all the good biscuits out of the tin and leave the crumbs. That’s never going to change whether your HQ is in Pollok or Prestonpans. If you want balance and fairness and competition you’ll need to move away from the two monoliths and accept the financial consequences 

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Unfortunately when you’ve got two monolithic entities in an organisation generating most of the revenue they’re going to get all the good biscuits out of the tin and leave the crumbs. That’s never going to change whether your HQ is in Pollok or Prestonpans. If you want balance and fairness and competition you’ll need to move away from the two monoliths and accept the financial consequences 

I disagree Jimmy. the system needs changed to move away from "size". and in any case, Hearts have no more power than Hamilton and we generate WAAAY more money than they do. The trouble is the whole system is rotten and designed to only benefit 2 teams. That needs changed IMO. If Tynecastle was rebuilt to take 40,000 and we filled it every week nothing would change at the top. Its a bent system.

21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It will not leave Glasgow though - the Glasgow businessmen who helped the SFA to buy Hampden has seen to that. 

It would have taken some wealthy businessmen from Edinburgh with a plan to step in to bank roll the SFA into reform and a move to Oriam before they would have considered moving. 

20 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Ask the woman who had a knife held to her throat......!

I only had the slightest memory of that.

Had to check the archives.

Always two sides; however, it doesn’t read well.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-boss-neil-lennon-knife-7044229.amp

28 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

That's the problem when it comes to Celtic and to a lesser extend Rangers.

Celtic have been diet fed titles and cup wins for many years now without any serious challenge. It's second nature now for some of their support...and that level of expectation means that second spot is an abysmal failure!

No sooner than Rangers getting back to putting in a challenge, the whole deck of Celtic cards collapse, and someone must pay the price. Trouble is Lennon cannot do diplomacy, and therefore it's all conspiracy and factions working against him behind his back.

I'm not sure that we should also accept Hearts being second best......Why not be ambitious enough to go for titles and cup wins? (slightly ambitious I know!)......SAF would never have accepted being perennial R/U to Celtic/Rangers in his time at Aberdeen.....I buy my season ticket in the hope that the next season will bring unqualified success at Hearts (again, optimism levels at max!)

Finally.....I'm not sure that the clubs want SFA HQ ripped out of Wegia.....you would only transplant the same rancid people to another location elsewhere in the country. Same problems, different view out the window!
Apathy is the problem, self interest is the problem....Celtic/Rangers £ is the problem....None of that going away anytime soon.

However, good start to the day.....Lennon is off!

Edited by Hashimoto

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

That's the problem when it comes to Celtic and to a lesser extend Rangers.

Celtic have been diet fed titles and cup wins for many years now without any serious challenge. It's second nature now for some of their support...and that level of expectation means that second spot is an abysmal failure!

No sooner than Rangers getting back to putting in a challenge, the whole deck of Celtic cards collapse, and someone must pay the price. Trouble is Lennon cannot do diplomacy, and therefore it's all conspiracy and factions working against him behind his back.

I'm not sure that we should also accept Hearts being second best......Why not be ambitious enough to go for titles and cut wins? (slightly ambitious I know!)......SAF would never have accepted being perennial R/U to Celtic/Rangers in his time at Aberdeen.....I buy my season ticket in the hope that the next season will bring unqualified success at Hearts (again, optimism levels at max!)

Finally.....I'm not sure that the clubs want SFA HQ ripped out of Wegia.....you would only transplant the same rancid people to another location elsewhere in the country. Same problems, different view out the window!
Apathy is the problem, self interest is the problem....Celtic/Rangers £ is the problem....None of that going away anytime soon.

However, good start to the day.....Lennon is off!

Good post mate.

24 minutes ago, indianajones said:

'Resigns'.

No chance that he voluntarily resigned. It's possible that a replacement has now been identified and a severance package put in place. The separation was probably agreed months ago, hence he stayed to take the flak until things moved on.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Whether he is a good bloke away from the dug out is irrelevant, as Celtic manager he was an odious lying piece of scum, so good riddance. 

This man speaks for me. 

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I disagree Jimmy. the system needs changed to move away from "size". and in any case, Hearts have no more power than Hamilton and we generate WAAAY more money than they do. The trouble is the whole system is rotten and designed to only benefit 2 teams. That needs changed IMO. If Tynecastle was rebuilt to take 40,000 and we filled it every week nothing would change at the top. Its a bent system.

You're absolutely correct the system does need changed for the good of Scottish football. Unfortunately, the majority of clubs are run by money-grabbing chairmen that are more than happy with 3-4 'big gates' per season.

It requires a change of tact. This is where ,IMO, James Anderson and the likes could make a huge difference. If he and his associates could sponsor (I don't think we have one of them at the moment (sarcasm alert!))... the league to the tune of double what SKY offer, but stipulate certain criteria and demand a seat on the spfl board for their sponsorship monies and ongoing 'funding' for grass roots football.... or something similar.

While the sfa/spfl wouldn't like it, I'm sure it's something like this that is required to get other chairmen on board for change. You know, money talks.

SectionDJambo
19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You're right.

In any other country that likes to think it still has ambition, any club winning it's championship 9 years in a row would give cause for major concern over what is going wrong. It has happened 3 times in my lifetime, with the only one of any prestige, in my view, being the first one. 

But these days, the 2 Glasgow clubs duopoly is heralded as being fantastic for Scottish football by the media, and used as a main selling pitch to broadcasters by the overpaid SPFL puppet secretary. 

We are told that Celtic have TGFITW, with no mention of the fans of Hearts Hibs, Aberdeen, and the rest, who buy their season tickets in the full knowledge that their club won't win the championship. Any threat of any other club doing so will be crushed by the overwhelming power that the 2 Glasgow clubs have built, mainly through the poison of religious bigotry.

Would Celtic fans back their team knowing they had no chance of winning the championship? Certainly not in the numbers they have now. They, and their cheerleading pals in the media are quick to jump on any celebration of winning, but they can't hack it when things go, even slightly, wrong.

Neil Lennon is slinking off before Rangers come to Parkhead to win the championship, and destroy their holy grail of 10 in a row. He cannot man up like other opposition managers have had to do when he won trophies.

What are the chances that Brown, far from the scenes of celebrating in opponent's faces, as he did in the last 2 cup finals, doesn't appear against Rangers. This failure for Celtic has much to do with him overstaying his usefulness in pursuit of personal glory, which his lack of ambition and real talent didn't deserve anyway. He took easy medals in place of a real challenge and gets the end to his Celtic career that he deserves. 

1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Thank god that's over. 

An absolute myth of a manager, who can sit back and look at his managerial medal, padded with other peoples achievements. 

Rangers not in the league?  0 trebles

The only treble he won himself contained a curtailed league and a Scottish Cup win against a different team that started that completion. 

See also Stubbs Scottish Cup winning Hibs team, winning the championship, with no Rangers or Hearts. 

Bet he pocketed that £2 coin as well. 

Good riddance. 

Was it a £2 coin ? 

FFS more money wasted at Tynecastle 😅

lost in space

I presume that we are going to have to watch him on Sportscene now as a pundit - like that other "footballer" who threatened a woman - Marvin Bartley. Allegedly of course.  Must just be a coincidence that they are ex-hobos.