• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JDK2020

• Rudy T

• Pans Jambo

• Rogue Daddy

Absolutely horrible human he deserved all the stick and crap what  came his way over the years in Scotland just a vile man! I hope we never see him again in Scottish football BUT I thought the same with Jose leaving Man Utd and he then gets the Spurs job . 

I wouldn’t put it past Dundee United or Motherwell being a option to him in years to come if he was out of work and they were searching for a new manager. 

Lawwell goes , Lennon goes this must be the end of the massively overrated rat face Scotty Broon then ?? . 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

celtic-fans-705984699.jpg.3ef4c76e9de385c1a700792fa33d054f.jpg

The banner is almost correct.   "Something Inside So Wrong"   ☘️

Ricardo Quaresma
23 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Lawwell goes , Lennon goes this must be the end of the massively overrated rat face Scotty Broon then ??

:spoton:

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
relevance

48 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

According to the sun Neil Lennon will leave celtic in next 24 hours... hopefully don’t see him in Scottish football ever again.

Oh I hope so! He has caused nothing but trouble both on and off the park! 
I want him out of Scottish football and Scotland permanently, although I fear he will be welcomed back to ER with open arms!

I will miss his smug, twisted, hate-filled girning face...NOT!

I hope he ****s off back to Ireland or down south and never sets foot back in Scotland.

45 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Absolutely horrible human he deserved all the stick and crap what  came his way over the years in Scotland just a vile man!

No he didn't. Nobody deserves to have bombs sent to their home. It is outrageous to say otherwise.

I completely understand why Lennon rubs a lot of people up the wrong way but to say he deserved everything he got is something I would expect to hear from a Hun.

Edited by No Idle Talk

46 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Absolutely horrible human he deserved all the stick and crap what  came his way over the years in Scotland just a vile man! I hope we never see him again in Scottish football BUT I thought the same with Jose leaving Man Utd and he then gets the Spurs job . 

I wouldn’t put it past Dundee United or Motherwell being a option to him in years to come if he was out of work and they were searching for a new manager. 

Lawwell goes , Lennon goes this must be the end of the massively overrated rat face Scotty Broon then ?? . 

But...but...but...surely that's "anti-Irish racism"?  😏

As for Broony, I'm hearing he upped and walked out of a Sky interview today when the prospect of Rangers winning the title at CP was raised.

That's Lawwell, Lennon and Broon : all gloating and smugness over the years when they were getting their own way on and off the field, now they're cowards to a man, scuttling away back under the stones they crawled out from under.

Everyone I know who's met Lennon socially (most of which are Jambos) have told me he's a great guy - sociable, level headed and good chat. 

Sorry, for the balanced mature conversation - will leave now. 

Wonder if he'll ever be asked about the disgusting effigies and what his response would be.  Nothing to do with me I suppose but that would miss the point.

The point would be what did he think of them.  Was he disgusted.  Just one of those things.

10 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Everyone I know who's met Lennon socially (most of which are Jambos) have told me he's a great guy - sociable, level headed and good chat. 

Next you'll be pointing out that his recent record at that club is pretty good, in fact better than pretty good. Has he not won the last 5 trophies available domestically?

Anyway, ram your balanced, mature conversation. Good riddance to him.

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

But...but...but...surely that's "anti-Irish racism"?  😏

As for Broony, I'm hearing he upped and walked out of a Sky interview today when the prospect of Rangers winning the title at CP was raised.

That's Lawwell, Lennon and Broon : all gloating and smugness over the years when they were getting their own way on and off the field, now they're cowards to a man, scuttling away back under the stones they crawled out from under.

What irks me the most is we would’ve seen him away had we won in December. We were on the verge of ending him and Brown and we let it slip through our fingers...

15 minutes ago, Deodato said:

I’d love a level headed chat with him about that coin incident and how he grabbed his head when it clearly never went near it (not condoning coin throwing btw)

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Next you'll be pointing out that his recent record at that club is pretty good, in fact better than pretty good. Has he not won the last 5 trophies available domestically?

Anyway, ram your balanced, mature conversation. Good riddance to him.

Amen to that. 

jamboinglasgow

The board will now be hoping that simply getting rid of Lennon will get all the Celtic fans on side, and Celtic fans will be thinking that everything will be fine now Lennon and Lawell are either gone or going but the problems that have come this season for the club are much deeper than just Lennon.

Lennon's appointment as permanent manager was because he is the cheap option and they wanted to keep things the same for the sake of 10 in a row. The threw out player development (as Lennon doesn't do that.) They had no plan to recruitment, trying to penny pinch on ideal signings like McGinn or Turnbull (who they almost lost out to Norwich when they offered a low amount to Motherwell initally) then pay too much for overseas players that are overvalued (like Jullien and Barkas.) Then there is a mentality among fans that no player should ever leave the club (see what happened to Tierney when he left) so clubs has been very poor at selling players for a good amount and so players stay too long and stagnate (look at McGregor.)

Celtic will need a clear out in the summer and a big rebuild. Having seen how Celtic have approached things in last few seasons, if I was a Celtic fan I would have no confidence in the board to make the right decision on manager, the lessons of Rogers time were not learnt (with paying a bit more for a quality manager who can make the players even better.) 

Simply because it's coming up to Season Ticket renewal time, hopefully in time to get fans back into the stadium for next season.

He should have been punted months ago.  Good riddance.

SomethingAboutObua
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Btw guarantee he'll be on SKY or BBC as their expert in absolutely no time.

Someone said this ages ago but I really don't expect it. He's so disliked in Scottish football I think people would actively turn off if he appeared on screen or radio. He doesn't come across as particularly insightful or good fun, and he doesn't have that eye-roll shit talker/stirrer style of say Levein or Sutton that riles people up "the right way".

When you think of Levein it's the "It's a good laugh isn't it" moment, Lennon it's that awful photo of him grimacing in that press conference at Hibs, or one of the many other moments where he's come across as a sour faced grumpy *******.

Not saying that's what he's like in real life of course, don't know him personally, but his image is so poor even my granny refers to him as "that horrible man at Celtic" and she only sees him on the news. 

45 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The board will now be hoping that simply getting rid of Lennon will get all the Celtic fans on side, and Celtic fans will be thinking that everything will be fine now Lennon and Lawell are either gone or going but the problems that have come this season for the club are much deeper than just Lennon.

Lennon's appointment as permanent manager was because he is the cheap option and they wanted to keep things the same for the sake of 10 in a row. The threw out player development (as Lennon doesn't do that.) They had no plan to recruitment, trying to penny pinch on ideal signings like McGinn or Turnbull (who they almost lost out to Norwich when they offered a low amount to Motherwell initally) then pay too much for overseas players that are overvalued (like Jullien and Barkas.) Then there is a mentality among fans that no player should ever leave the club (see what happened to Tierney when he left) so clubs has been very poor at selling players for a good amount and so players stay too long and stagnate (look at McGregor.)

Celtic will need a clear out in the summer and a big rebuild. Having seen how Celtic have approached things in last few seasons, if I was a Celtic fan I would have no confidence in the board to make the right decision on manager, the lessons of Rogers time were not learnt (with paying a bit more for a quality manager who can make the players even better.) 

That's an awful lot of Celtic to post on a Hearts supporters forum. 

I turn 53 this year and I'd struggle to write more than a sentence about them. 

And I wouldn't; even if I could.

5 hours ago, Deodato said:

I know a Hearts fan who bumped into Lennon in Glasgow not long after he took over from Brenda, asked him to sign something for a big Celtic supporting family member and the level headed Neil Lennon refused because the guy asking was a Hearts fan.

Just heard it announced that he has now actually left. Let's have a minutes silence, for the most odious person that I can remember to have Graced Scottish football.

I'm sure he'll come out and start blaming everyone else for why he was forced out of his dream job.

Spitonastranger
7 hours ago, Deodato said:

ive met him at a few social events and he is a nice guy. Spent time with people and kids talking football. 

5 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Someone said this ages ago but I really don't expect it. He's so disliked in Scottish football I think people would actively turn off if he appeared on screen or radio. He doesn't come across as particularly insightful or good fun, and he doesn't have that eye-roll shit talker/stirrer style of say Levein or Sutton that riles people up "the right way".

When you think of Levein it's the "It's a good laugh isn't it" moment, Lennon it's that awful photo of him grimacing in that press conference at Hibs, or one of the many other moments where he's come across as a sour faced grumpy *******.

Not saying that's what he's like in real life of course, don't know him personally, but his image is so poor even my granny refers to him as "that horrible man at Celtic" and she only sees him on the news. 

This is it.  I think most football supporters get that players/managers can be or have to be different on the park than they are away from it. It’s a hard game and competitiveness comes out in people. 

But you don’t have to be a complete Roger Hunt, all the same, whether competing on the park or taking a press conference. Lennon just came across with the siege mentality all the time. Not much humility, no respectful aura about him that a manager should have in charge of a big club. That’s what people see who don’t know him in every day life.  

Same for his captain. He couldn’t just be competitive, play hard and win games.  Brown is about constant mockery, winding up people, making faces. Now, you could say it’s part of the game but it became a big part of his persona.  It’s what he became known for week in, week out. 

Two chavs I’ll be glad to see the back of.  (Once Brown finishes up).

Edited by Debut 4

A_A wehatethehibs

Thats funny that it ends with him quitting. He gave up. Surrendered. A quitter. Probably will try to paint it like he’s doing the honourable thing or falling on his sword. End of the day, stevie wonder could’ve seen this coming, Celtic should have spotted the fact that Steven Gerrard is a very good coach and they should’ve been looking for another Brendan Rogers. Their fans all knew that was what they needed, Lennon was just never good enough as a coach.

Now, hopefully another Ronny Deila or Tony Mowbray type appointment, then Steven Gerrard to get poached by an English team, leaving the door open for the Jam Tearts on a mission for revenge 

27 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

ive met him at a few social events and he is a nice guy. Spent time with people and kids talking football. 

Met him at a charity do in Glasgow when I worked through there. He had not long signed for Celtic. Was decent enough to chat to and seemed interested in what you had to say. Not like some I've met.

The guy is a shite manager. His trophy haul looks impressive but most of them came when Rangers were pish. Finally they get some competition for the first time in a decade and he crumbles. Fraud.