Interim head coach Inverness - candidates

Glamorgan Jambo

Glamorgan Jambo

Reading Scott Gardiner's comment that they're looking for someone experienced to step in while Robbo's away it struck me that a candidate that meets their profile and who would do the job is none other than Craig Levein. He'll be struggling to get into contention for jobs just now but 4-6 weeks of decent results at Inverness and he'd be right back in contention when jobs come up at the likes of Raith and Dunfermline. Now I know if he showed up in the dug out on Friday night they would need barricades as well as locks to keep some Hearts supporters out but he could start next week.

Anyway just some idle speculation from me. I didn't want to make the point on the Robbo thread as it might have dragged the discussion into the wrong territory when the main point there is the wee man's welbeing.

Can't think off the top of my head other experienced coaches they could go for. Maybe Malpas if he isn't working just now.

8 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Reading Scott Gardiner's comment that they're looking for someone experienced to step in while Robbo's away it struck me that a candidate that meets their profile and who would do the job is none other than Craig Levein. He'll be struggling to get into contention for jobs just now but 4-6 weeks of decent results at Inverness and he'd be right back in contention when jobs come up at the likes of Raith and Dunfermline. Now I know if he showed up in the dug out on Friday night they would need barricades as well as locks to keep some Hearts supporters out but he could start next week.

Anyway just some idle speculation from me. I didn't want to make the point on the Robbo thread as it might have dragged the discussion into the wrong territory when the main point there is the wee man's welbeing.

Can't think off the top of my head other experienced coaches they could go for. Maybe Malpas if he isn't working just now.

It's a big travel commitment. Someone like Stuart Kettlewell might have been a better shout, but as per recent interviews I think he has moved back down to the central belt.

10 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

er....for a BCD game?

mind, wouldn't surprise me if some of the anti-Levein gents on here would try sneak in to have a pop :)

12 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Did you not?

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Wouldn't wish Levein on them. 

This.  Most other Scottish club's are welcome to the loser though.

Levein is an excellent shout.

Knows Scottish football inside out. Close to Robbo. Capable of being a decent manager- his first year in second spell was fine

Most importantly means less time for Zoom calls with Robbie and/or Budge 

32 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Agree - I thought of Levein yesterday when I read they were looking for an interim.

Billy Dodds has worked in the area before and Duncan Shearer too could maybe come in short term?

3 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

It’s Gary Naysmith...

Shame - hire Levein as head coach and get a DoF free !

Could be a big selling point. 

Would of thought Levein would be a great shout.  He would do a decent job there tbh for a short period.  They’d be bored out their nuts but he’d get them some points 

47 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Would of thought Levein would be a great shout.  He would do a decent job there tbh for a short period.  They’d be bored out their nuts but he’d get them some points 

Imagine the seethe on here if CL (in charge of ICT)  kick-starts a winning sequence, and then gets  3 points against us in April to overtake us at the top of the league !   :vangry:

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Imagine the seethe on here if CL (in charge of ICT)  kick-starts a winning sequence, and then gets  3 points against us in April to overtake us at the top of the league !   :vangry:

Dinnae. Think I’d explode

1 hour ago, R1874 said:

Levein is an excellent shout.

Knows Scottish football inside out. Close to Robbo. Capable of being a decent manager- his first year in second spell was fine

Most importantly means less time for Zoom calls with Robbie and/or Budge 

Someone happy to just caretake.

Not looking to change too much. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yes first win on Friday against us. 😍 Only joking it wouldn't happen that quickly and they have already announced who will be in charge on Friday.

What happens if this interim wins all the games, Robbo returns and loses a few games.

They could get any division 1 or 2 coach on loan, maybe Ian McCall.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Imagine if Levein took post and ICT beat us on Friday.😫

I think we can all imagine this place and name the posters who would infest every thread!

33 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Inverness 0 Alloa 1 latest score

Half-time score too.   Hopefully Alloa give them a hard game so there's a few tired legs for Friday.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Neil McCann appointed, quite happy with that.

interesting to see how he does. Been linked with the hearts job on more than one occasion

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Neil McCann appointed, quite happy with that.

Presumably this is only likely to be for 3 or 4 games?

I reckon Budge has just ordered a few pallets of ICT and Hearts half and half scarves for the club shop.

We can stock them beside the half n half Partick Thistle ones and the fluffy unicorn teddies for the kiddies.

:vrface:

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I reckon Budge has just ordered a few pallets of ICT and Hearts half and half scarves for the club shop.

We can stock them beside the half n half Partick Thistle ones and the fluffy unicorn teddies for the kiddies.

:vrface:

Yawn. Take a break.

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ve heard that Maurice Malpas is an absolute horror show of a human being.

other than that I’ve no idea

Horror show in what way?

6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Presumably this is only likely to be for 3 or 4 games?

It was suggested that the compassionate leave was indefinite. Could even be until end of season. Assistant manager is unwell and had Covid too

All the best to Neil.   I was thinking earlier he might be a decent temp. 

Sad news that's brought the change about though.    Take it easy for a while Robbo.   

22 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Yawn. Take a break.

I know man but this whole having friends is so pathetic. It is not to say we hate these clubs but it all has a feel of skipping along the road holding hands with other clubs. It is bad enough we have an owner who invites Hibs chairmen etc round for high tea and a gossip without the fans being soft too.

I don't hate ICT which is a compliment in itself as I ****ing hate everything but I could not even give a **** if my mother became their manager. They are nothing to me. We are both as a club and fanbase getting softer with every season. Our results are also showing this.

Time to get the leather jaiket on, put the fag behind the ear, sweep the hair back and start being ***** and beating the living shite out of everyone who comes our way.