Hypothetical question.

J.T.F.Robertson

J.T.F.Robertson

Mulling over the idea of coming back for a visit. Lots to consider, not least the hotel quarantine cost.

Anyway, does anyone know what hotel "they" designate as the one if you fly into Edinburgh?

Doubt it's worth all the hassle, but curious, nonetheless.

In anticipation, ta.

4 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Mulling over the idea of coming back for a visit. Lots to consider, not least the hotel quarantine cost.

Anyway, does anyone know what hotel "they" designate as the one if you fly into Edinburgh?

In anticipation, ta.

You might consider it worth while reading this.  It doesn't name the hotels, but it gives some useful pointers.

J.T.F.Robertson
18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Thanks, U.

As I don't subscribe to the EEN it gives me a nano-second, but I get the drift. Would appear they're at the airport itself, and that's basically what I was looking for.

The money is one thing :( but it's the tests before and after, and the other requirements you have to go through before I even get on the bike.

Cheers for the effort though.

It was a genuine question, just a hypothetical result to any answer. 😜

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

7 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

In anticipation, ta.

A bit in the news about a child solo traveller having to quarantine and it was the Hilton.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/boy-10-stuck-quarantine-scots-23545254

Edited by graygo

8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Thanks, U.

As I don't subscribe to the EEN it gives me a nano-second, but I get the drift. Would appear they're at the airport itself, and that's basically what I was looking for.

The money is one thing :( but it's the tests before and after, and the other requirements you have to go through before I even get on the bike.

Cheers for the effort though.

It was a genuine question, just a hypothetical result to any answer. 😜

Just open in a private/incognito tab

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Just open in a private/incognito tab

But but, that would be cheating.  :o  :P

Samuel Camazzola
17 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

In anticipation, ta.

To save paying for the unwanted accommodation and time spent being restricted in the hotel, just get your flight to Dublin then on to Scotland. 👍 

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

To save paying for the unwanted accommodation and time spent being restricted in the hotel, just get your flight to Dublin then on to Scotland. 👍 

I also think he might be able to fly into England or NI and do the same thing.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I also think he might be able to fly into England or NI and do the same thing.

When I was looking at flights I was always instructed the 10 day hotel quarantine was a must, no matter the route.

I find it hard to imagine wee Nickie allowing that easy an out.

Thanks anyhoo.

3 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

When I was looking at flights I was always instructed the 10 day hotel quarantine was a must, no matter the route.

I find it hard to imagine wee Nickie allowing that easy an out.

Thanks anyhoo.

You would think that but..... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-scotland-father-and-daughter-who-were-first-travellers-be-put-quarantine-now-told-they-can-leave-edinburgh-hotel-due-error-3135918%3famp

In any case, I think you're mental even thinking about it. The end is in sight