Dark chocolate

jamborich

Dark chocokate is very nice but I have to tell you that the folk on here endorsing using it in cooking are deviants!

What the hell is wrong with you people? Chocolate in a savoury dish is just weird behaviour!

Cease and desist! Its you lot that put fruit on pizza’s n shit. Weirdos!!!

On 23/02/2021 at 00:03, jonesy said:

Good man.

Got some 90% Lindt the other day. Goes well with my mid-morning espresso.

Also goes very well in a high protein keto style diet

On 23/02/2021 at 00:59, graygo said:

I watched a documentary of this posh bloke who sunk all his money into buying Venezuelan cocoa beans and some equipment and making 100% chocolate a few years back. It was like a fly on the wall documentary and pretty enjoyable.

William Harcourt-Cooze his name was, got called Willy Wonka. Anyway, he eventually managed to get a deal with Waitrose and I just had to try it. 

It was rancid 🤮 went well in pasta sauces though.

Boy knows his chocolate though.

LN_460168_BP_11.jpg

That name , lucky it didn’t translate the other way around

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Excuse my ignorance - what's a keto style diet? I've heard of it, but tend to ignore pretty much anything niche. 

Its essentially a diet which is aimed at higher fats in order to allow you to utilise these as fuel for your body , can also help with hunger pangs. High fat , low carb puts your body into a state of ketosis (high ketone levels in the blood) worth a read , dont just jump into one if you try it though , ensure its not detrimental to your health and is effective for your age group and activity levels

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ketogenic-diet-101

PS: you are always excused

Edited by sadj

On 22/02/2021 at 19:03, jonesy said:

Good man.

Got some 90% Lindt the other day. Goes well with my mid-morning espresso.

On 22/02/2021 at 19:08, Tazio said:

Also goes well with red wine. 

So I've heard but either of those would give me heartburn; taken together would be deadly to me.

My wife eats dark chocolate as it's very high in iron.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

So I've heard but either of those would give me heartburn; taken together would be deadly to me.

My wife eats dark chocolate as it's very high in iron.

Women all over the world are now raising their glasses to you 😄

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Women all over the world are now raising their glasses to you 😄

Keeping the laydees happy is my Number One goal in life!  :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Keeping the laydees happy is my Number One goal in life!  :biggrin:

That's news to Mrs Maple leaf😁

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

That's news to Mrs Maple leaf😁

You got that right.  You have to be careful when treating them nicely, otherwise they expect it all the time!!!!!!  :wink:

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

You got that right.  You have to be careful when treating them nicely, otherwise they expect it all the time!!!!!!  :wink:

That's true😉

Just had some nice Green & Black’s velvet edition dark mint chocolate with a nice double espresso. Life is good. 

Edited by Tazio

49 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Just had some nice Green & Black’s velvet edition dark mint chocolate with a nice double espresso. Life is good. 

I had a Green & Black advent calendar at Christmas and you have just reminded me I have a box of Green & Black minis in the Christmas sweet stash too.

On 23/02/2021 at 23:21, Carl Fredrickson said:

And I need to dig out the crisp thread as I have something to post on that one too. :)

I thought I’d post a photo of these amazing ones that I get here.

A730C752-41E8-4330-909B-5959B98656EC.jpeg

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I thought I’d post a photo of these amazing ones that I get here.

A730C752-41E8-4330-909B-5959B98656EC.jpeg

Pardon my ignorance but what flavour are they?

On 23/02/2021 at 11:23, Carl Fredrickson said:

We have a winner. Bournville are now doing an Old Jamaica which is as close to the old one as I have tasted

I was given three bars of Old Jamaica brought over from Australia recently, made to the original recipe as far as I am aware. I enjoyed it so much I broke a tooth on the last bar. I'm not so sure I could eat another one now. :D

13092806426654.jpg

2 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Pardon my ignorance but what flavour are they?

French fries, but with a taste of a sauce they sell in France which is made as a dressing for chips basically.  

It’s hard to describe, sort of salad cream/mayo/touch of gherkins and, as @milky_26 said, salt.

Carl Fredrickson
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

French fries, but with a taste of a sauce they sell in France which is made as a dressing for chips basically.  

It’s hard to describe, sort of salad cream/mayo/touch of gherkins and, as @milky_26 said, salt.

Sounds like they are worth a try. I have some friends living in Nice at the moment and they are coming back to Edinburgh once restrictions are eased. Might ask them to bring a packet or six back :)

Carl Fredrickson
33 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I was given three bars of Old Jamaica brought over from Australia recently, made to the original recipe as far as I am aware. I enjoyed it so much I broke a tooth on the last bar. I'm not so sure I could eat another one now. :D

13092806426654.jpg

A chipped tooth is a small price to pay for Old Jamaica. 

One of my earliest childhood memories was going to our local ice cream shop (this was the days of each village having one) and getting some Lilt and Old Jamaica to share with my siblings. Over 40 years later and I am closer to Old Jamaica than I am to my siblings. 

21 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Over 40 years later and I am closer to Old Jamaica than I am to my siblings. 

:D

21 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Ta. I struggle with English never mind French

i found an image with the ingredients and it looked like potatoes, oil and salt

37 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i found an image with the ingredients and it looked like potatoes, oil and salt

You’ve just simplified a delicious crisp.

They are sooo much more than that.  

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Due to a stomach/digestive tract issue, I've had to give up all forms of caffeine (including chocolate) for a while. I only discovered this yesterday. :sick:

My new neighbour gave us half a dozen chocolate cupcakes tonight. :lenny:

I now hate this thread.

Sounds Covidy to me... ;) :lol: 

3 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Sounds like they are worth a try. I have some friends living in Nice at the moment and they are coming back to Edinburgh once restrictions are eased. Might ask them to bring a packet or six back :)

Where in Nice are they, Carl?

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, Morgan said:

Where in Nice are they, Carl?

Now you are asking. He took early retirement in October and have been in Nice since then. Apartment is overlooking the sea. I havent thought to ask what part they are in as I am doing well to know a) Nice is in France & b) it is in the South. 

My knowledge of other countries is awful and my 5 year old daughter got a globe for Christmas which has educated me as much as her!

The photos they have sent, it looks a lovely place. The restrictions they are under seem to be a lot better than hours with it mainly being a 5k travel restriction and an evening curfew. I imagine this will be similar to you?

3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Now you are asking. He took early retirement in October and have been in Nice since then. Apartment is overlooking the sea. I havent thought to ask what part they are in as I am doing well to know a) Nice is in France & b) it is in the South. 

My knowledge of other countries is awful and my 5 year old daughter got a globe for Christmas which has educated me as much as her!

The photos they have sent, it looks a lovely place. The restrictions they are under seem to be a lot better than hours with it mainly being a 5k travel restriction and an evening curfew. I imagine this will be similar to you?

Sounds like they stay on the Promenade des Anglais.  Great location, if so.

The evening curfew has been in place for weeks now (6.00pm - 6.00am).  It still is.

This weekend has been the first ‘weekend lockdown’.  We can shop for an unlimited time (open to abuse 😀) and can exercise for one hour (open to abuse 😀) for no further than 5k from our house.

We stay about 30 minutes outside Nice, 10 minutes from Monaco.  Both places have very different rules.

Carl Fredrickson
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Sounds like they stay on the Promenade des Anglais.  Great location, if so.

The evening curfew has been in place for weeks now (6.00pm - 6.00am).  It still is.

This weekend has been the first ‘weekend lockdown’.  We can shop for an unlimited time (open to abuse 😀) and can exercise for one hour (open to abuse 😀) for no further than 5k from our house.

We stay about 30 minutes outside Nice, 10 minutes from Monaco.  Both places have very different rules.

Nice sounds like a great place, might visit one day. The photos they send show are very appealing place. 

Stay safe Morgan.