Robbie wants to keep Ross Stewart

Bunny Munro

WheatfieldWarrior
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

And get rid of the ones we currently have? or keep them? :biglaugh:

If we keep them all there's a chance that one of them will be in good form when it's time to play a game.

jamboinglasgow

Makes sense, I think the halting of football below the Championship this season will probably mean a half season loan (at least) for Stone next season as the club will want his game time up so a dependable back up in Stewart is ideal for the time being. Also wont be on that much of a wage so frees up wages for other positions.

16 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Decent reserve from what I’ve seen of him. 

Exactly that from me too.

After being put through three shan keepers last year I would of thought the news of having Gordon, Stewart and Stone coming up would be a good one 🤷‍♂️

I can't say that I'm impressed or unimpressed as I simply don't know. I've yet to see him make a save. I watched the Raith Rovers game where the only thing he did was pick the ball out of the net and I missed the East Fife game. 

Niemi’s gloves
6 hours ago, Deevers said:

Being kept till Harry Stone steps up.  A good back up for Craig Gordon.

4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I've said all along that I wouldn't mind getting him on a permanent deal as long as he's happy being 2nd choice behind Gordon and possibly helping out with the development of Harry Stone.

Would like to see Stone get some playing time if possible and I wonder if the plan is for him to take over from Gordon when he retires or if there'll some kind of stop gap - possibly Stewart - in between. 

I certainly hope that Harry Stone proves to be the real deal but it is far to early for the club to plan on him being the immediate successor to Craig Gordon. After all, Jack Hamilton was a very promising young keeper at one time. And I don’t want to be unduly negative, but I haven’t seen any particularly positive comment on Harry’s recent loan at Spartans where he lost a few goals and seemed to be replaced by the regular keeper as soon as that guy was fit again. (I’d welcome any contrary evidence or view). And to be fair, he did keep a clean sheet in his one game for Stirling Albion.