Its days like today

John Findlay

That you start to notice that the daylight hours are getting more. Light at approx 7am and now just getting really dark at 6.10pm.

The good weather and good times are not to far away.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That you start to notice that the daylight hours are getting more. Light at approx 7am and now just getting really dark at 6.10pm.

Yes, it certainly lifts the spirits. 

Worthing Jambo
46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Does that mean only 16 weeks until the nights start drawing in again?😁

Edited by Worthing Jambo

27 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was watching a flock of geese flying from the South West to the North East this morning, a sure sign that spring is just around the corner.

Geese actually fly to the UK for winter. You probably just saw them heading to their feeding grounds for the day.

But aye, Spring is certainly upon us!

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

It sure is. I suffer from SAD so I really look forward to these times.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was watching a flock of geese flying from the South West to the North East this morning, a sure sign that spring is just around the corner.

I love watching them. I’m a bit of a twitcher anyway but hearing them and then seeing them flying in formation always cheers me up

Definitely. Got out the house a bit yesterday and it was magic. Was in high spirits today too, but unfortunately was working until more or less sunset.

It does indeed perk you up though. I like Winter, but spending long, dark nights at home has taken its toll on the old mental health I must say.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

We're now closer to the spring solstice than we are to the winter equinox, so another milestone passed.  :thumb:

13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I love watching them. I’m a bit of a twitcher anyway but hearing them and then seeing them flying in formation always cheers me up

We got or first Curlew arrive this morning, two Lapwings on Friday, the first real sign of Spring. Grass has started growing a wee bit and the first buds on Willow and Birch are appearing, what a difference a wee bit of sun on your back makes.

Doctor FinnBarr
26 minutes ago, Locky said:

Definitely. Got out the house a bit yesterday and it was magic. Was in high spirits today too, but unfortunately was working until more or less sunset.

It does indeed perk you up though. I like Winter, but spending long, dark nights at home has taken its toll on the old mental health I must say.

Managed a walk round Linlithgow Loch today with the wife and grandaughter, first time I've ever done the full circuit and like you say it was magic. My feet are itching like hell now though.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Geese actually fly to the UK for winter. You probably just saw them heading to their feeding grounds for the day.

But aye, Spring is certainly upon us!

I assume they were geese flying in a 3 seperate V formations, must have been 30+ of them.

Malinga the Swinga

Went for walk at lunchtime round Swanston and up at farm, 3 baby goats just born and 2more on way. Lambs due in next few weeks as well, so spring is on way. 

Good Times on way. 

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I assume they were geese flying in a 3 seperate V formations, must have been 30+ of them.

Ours will be heading back in their thousands pretty soon although there's a bunch of them still "v"ing around who never left in the first place.

Strange bunch.

When you get to my age any day you wake up healthy is a good day, and the appreciation for that allows you to enjoy the gift regardless of weather or what life throws at you. Where theres life theres hope, so live it and enjoy it.

A Boy Named Crow

Meanwhile, over here we're about to be plunged into the horrors of the long, dark, depressing Sydney winter...or something like that 

12 hours ago, Cade said:

Crocuses and snowdrops and even some bluebells showing themselves.

Birds going mental.

Spring is on the way.

Pretty mental considering barely 2 weeks ago, we were under several inches of snow and temperatures were well below zero.

Temperatures in Holland and parts of North West Germany were forecast to hit 20 yesterday. Unbelievable for February.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Meanwhile, over here we're about to be plunged into the horrors of the long, dark, depressing Sydney winter...or something like that 

Gets a bit chilly in Sydney in the winter.

My first house was an old timber job earmarked for demolition in St Peters.

No heating and draughty AF. Cheap though.

Had to sleep with the Mrs and  two hot water bottles.

Used to take the dug for a walk up on Sydney Park and the wind would go right through you.

Not the 'cut your face off' wind of Edinburgh, mind.

15 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Right on, Mr F. I saw Mr Graham at the weekend.

21 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

A bit of a comedown today after yesterday! 

Yup, in true Scottish fashion, the nice weather never lasts long. Rain forecast right through til the wee hours tomorrow. Ah well. There's always next year. :lol:

59 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Right on, Mr F. I saw Mr Graham at the weekend.

I hope you and he are keeping well?

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Gets a bit chilly in Sydney in the winter.

My first house was an old timber job earmarked for demolition in St Peters.

No heating and draughty AF. Cheap though.

Had to sleep with the Mrs and  two hot water bottles.

Used to take the dug for a walk up on Sydney Park and the wind would go right through you.

Not the 'cut your face off' wind of Edinburgh, mind.

Aye, I'd call it the absence of heat,  rather than outright cold, certainly near the coast. Out west it gets feckin Baltic!

As if to chastise me for taking the piss a bit, its cold, wet and windy tonight!

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I hope you and he are keeping well?

Boppin mate, boppin. Just like everyone else John, getting fed up with this now.

At least youse two get out and about in your jobs!

34 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Boppin mate, boppin. Just like everyone else John, getting fed up with this now.

At least youse two get out and about in your jobs!

I Understand fully. Soon be over. Yeah I've been lucky jobwise.

On 22/02/2021 at 19:35, Dagger Is Back said:

It sure is. I suffer from SAD so I really look forward to these times.

Don’t know if I suffer from sad but January and February just seems to drags and I get a bit down getting up when it’s dark finish work when it’s dark I really start to feel a lot better making my way home when it’s light 👍

Dagger Is Back
45 minutes ago, One five said:

Don’t know if I suffer from sad but January and February just seems to drags and I get a bit down getting up when it’s dark finish work when it’s dark I really start to feel a lot better making my way home when it’s light 👍

I hear you. Every day we’re getting about 5 minutes extra daylight. On Sunday sunset is 1745 and the clocks go forward in just over a month

Happy days

4 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I hear you. Every day we’re getting about 5 minutes extra daylight. On Sunday sunset is 1745 and the clocks go forward in just over a month

Happy days

Absolutely 👍