Thoughts with Robbo - compassionate leave

Selkirkhmfc1874

queensferryjambo

Thoughts with Robbo and his family.

As a measure of the man that is John Robertson, I went to a fundraiser evening organised by the parents of a girls football team in West Lothian.

Robbo had volunteered to be one of the evenings speakers. He had a family bereavement prior to the event. He not only attended making sure he never let anyone down he finished his talk them drove straight from the event back up north.

""The 56-year-old suffered a recent family bereavement and has been given as much time off as he needs, with the club willing to let him return whenever he feels ready.

First-team coach Barry Wilson and goalkeeping coach Ryan Esson have been placed in temporary charge. Robertson’s assistant, Scott Kellacher, is currently absent through illness.""

• davemclaren changed the title to Thoughts with Robbo - compassionate leave
Kidd’s Boots

Thoughts and condolences are with JR & his family. Hope he takes as long as  he needs, he hasn’t had his struggles to find during this pandemic. 

Dagger Is Back

Really sad news for Robbo and his family. Horrible at the best of times but during Covid so much harder to deal with.

Thoughts with the Legend and his family 

All the best Robbo. I'm privileged to have met him several times and he will always give you the time of day and have a laugh. Has been very helpful to the highland hearts group on several occasions and has always had some interest in helping out. 

The wee man is having a rough time of it lately. But you know what they say - you can't keep a good man down. And as good men go, they don't come any better than Robbo. 

:robboyas:

If the news today is replicated in Scotland then just hang on for a month or so Robbo and you can meet the family, chat and let it all out

Hang in there  and I hope that gives you something to aim for

Edited by CJGJ

10 hours ago, Paolo said:

I must add. Credit to ICT. They have already lost the assistant manager, due to illness.   Looks like they care for their staff. 

Its a good club. One of the few.

Sad to hear this news. Love Robbo like family.

If he'd scored all them goals and was a tool, we'd still like him, but fact is he's the nicest guy you could hope to meet. Very very proud to have him as our club icon.

Good to hear Caley are looking after Robbo. Hope the wee man is okay.

Thankfully he's not our manager, as some on here would start a thread slating him for taking time off his work.

I've not read the article itself, but from the BBC Gossip pages the Sun are have a headline of 'Sad Robbo...'

I'm sure it's not just a case of Robbo being 'sad'. For me, it does nothing to reduce the stigma of mental health issues.

Anyway my thoughts are with Robbo and his family at the current time.

1 minute ago, Wish said:

I've not read the article itself, but from the BBC Gossip pages the Sun are have a headline of 'Sad Robbo...'

I'm sure it's not just a case of Robbo being 'sad'. For me, it does nothing to reduce the stigma of mental health issues.

Anyway my thoughts are with Robbo and his family at the current time.

Mind you, not news that The Sun lack compassion or indeed any kind of modern approach to remove stigma from any issue.

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Mind you, not news that The Sun lack compassion or indeed any kind of modern approach to remove stigma from any issue.

True

Best wishes to John.

Hate to think of him suffering.

Speaks volumes for the type of man that he is that even Hibs supporters are fond of him and wish him well.

Glamorgan Jambo

Very best wishes to Robbo. A wonderful guy on every level.

I watched his interview with Aaron Fraser last week and it struck me how open and honest he is when he speaks. The same goes for his interview a month or so ago that got widely reported and led to the polling of championship clubs for a shut down (John saw right through that stunt as he describes in his interview with Aaron which I'd highly recommend). Because he's open and honest his interviews are so much more interesting than the usual media trained blandness that comes out from pretty much everyone involved with football these days.

5 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Take care wee man, your Hearts family are firmly behind you. 

Gutted for him.  I'm sure he would have been looking forward to Friday.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Would it be out of place for one of the admins to send a message of condolence and support to Robbo, on behalf of all on JKB?