Peter Haring

JennytheJambo

18 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's the thing though. 

He is not going to get his fitness levels up warming the bench for 90 mins every week. 

He certainly won’t get fully match fit without game time. Hopefully he can get a run as a sub over the next few games.  

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Drumjambo

• JimmyCant

• A_A wehatethehibs

Formation formation formation

4 cms. 1 unwanted. 1 swallowed a shite pill leaving 2 who cant play together one of whom wont sign

5 wingers. 3 pish. 1 debateable. 1 ****ed.

2 no. 10s with space for 1

**** my head hurts...only hmfc

Edited by 160598

Guest ToqueJambo
On 22/02/2021 at 13:50, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not sure Haring is ever going to get back to the form we saw before. Not that it would matter with Snoreson because he has no idea what a good footballer looks like 

Or he does but most good footballers don't want to play in the Scottish Championship. It's like the folk who say Levein couldn't sign anyone, then they go on and on about wanting David Milinkovic back or how much we miss Peter Haring.

On 23/02/2021 at 10:16, Drumjambo said:

Id agree 100% we are not playing as a team we are winning as individuals for me This 2 wingers thing sounds great in principle but half the time there's only 1 on the box  Up against 9 defenders - Its madness

Id go The same McEneff Haring Irving

Walker Gnandulliet Boyce

Wed score a barrel load

any 4 in defence as no one has really covered themselves in glory - Definitely needs addressed in the summer

I wish we'd go 4-3-3 and go direct to Gnanduillet for the others to feed off scraps if we have to.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or he does but most good footballers don't want to play in the Scottish Championship. It's like the folk who say Levein couldn't sign anyone, then they go on and on about wanting David Milinkovic back or how much we miss Peter Haring.

I wish we'd go 4-3-3 and go direct to Gnanduillet for the others to feed off scraps if we have to.

No-one ever says that Levein didn’t sign any good players. They make the point, quite rightly, that the big picture of our recruitment for several seasons has been pitiful.

That said, I’ve come realise that for a certain section of our fanbase (you included) no level of performance would even be too low to criticise.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No-one ever says that Levein didn’t sign any good players. They make the point, quite rightly, that the big picture of our recruitment for several seasons has been pitiful.

That said, I’ve come realise that for a certain section of our fanbase (you included) no level of performance would even be too low to criticise.

Or some (you included) seem to live for criticising Hearts day after day while others take defeats on the chin as part of football and try to quickly forget them and look to the next game.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or some (you included) seem to live for criticising Hearts day after day while others take defeats on the chin as part of football and try to quickly forget them and look to the next game.

Some of us see the bigger picture.

Don’t blame me for you being a long-term apologist.

WheatfieldWarrior
On 22/02/2021 at 09:24, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Lee and Wighton played well that day too. Both been moved on. Was Haring fine against Alloa when we crashed out? Played the whole game. Looking at the big picture, Haring and Lee are players who’ve had their day at Hearts and fell a bit short even though they both gave it everything in big games. The team for the 2021-22 Premiership season I think there’ll be no survivors from the 2018-20 group of Levein players. Quite clear to me that Neilson is in the process of binning every last player from that squad, and the current group are a transitional team to get us out the championship. 

There is still Walker, Naismith, Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Irving, Brandon as well as Haring. (I think the remainder are for the chop)

Do you think any of these will be here next season?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

There is still Walker, Naismith, Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Irving, Brandon as well as Haring. (I think the remainder are for the chop)

Do you think any of these will be here next season?

I think Robbie will try to move Naismith on for next season. The Killie manager job is also probably going to become vacant again before long.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Idly noticing that our drop in form followed soon after Scottish Cup Final disappointment and Ollie Lee's departure. People on here complained too much about what Lee lacked rather than valuing what he contributed.

Re Peter Haring. We know how good a player he is. Robbie is not stupid. Presumably the problem is to do with his recovery from serious injury. A fully-fit Haring would be in the first team every week.

We played some great football two seasons ago when Lee, Haring and Naismith were at the top of their games. For a few games earlier this season, it looked like these days might return, but it is hardly Robbie's fault that Naismith is losing his edge, Lee was homesick and Haring is not fully fit.

Edited by 4marsbars

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Idly noticing that our drop in form followed soon after Scottish Cup Final disappointment and Ollie Lee's departure. People on here complained too much about what Lee lacked rather than valuing what he contributed.

Re Peter Haring. We know how good a player he is. Robbie is not stupid. Presumably the problem is to do with his recovery from serious injury. A fully-fit Haring would be in the first team every week.

We played some great football two seasons ago when Lee, Haring and Naismith were at the top of their games. For a few games earlier this season, it looked like these days might return, but it is hardly Robbie's fault that Naismith is losing his edge, Lee was homesick and Haring is not fully fit.

Good points. Though I think in time we'll see McEneff is an upgrade on Lee. Well, I hope!

Re Naismith, can't say it more, whether when he was 28 and fully fit, or now at the end of his career, Stevie Naismith is a striker. To play him elsewhere is simply devaluing an asset we worked very hard to aquire.

Haring, I guess the issue is we don't know the issue. We see Halliday doing nothing and Pete on the bench and it makes us all wonder. Pete looked great in the cup semi and final. Yeah poor against Dundee but who wasn't. Hung out to dry if it was anything to do with that.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Good points. Though I think in time we'll see McEneff is an upgrade on Lee. Well, I hope!

Re Naismith, can't say it more, whether when he was 28 and fully fit, or now at the end of his career, Stevie Naismith is a striker. To play him elsewhere is simply devaluing an asset we worked very hard to aquire.

Haring, I guess the issue is we don't know the issue. We see Halliday doing nothing and Pete on the bench and it makes us all wonder. Pete looked great in the cup semi and final. Yeah poor against Dundee but who wasn't. Hung out to dry if it was anything to do with that.

If he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to play. Need three in midfield anyway. 

On 22/02/2021 at 07:13, JennytheJambo said:

When are we going to see this guy playing again, he had a bad game v Dundee but if RN was to drop every player after a bad performance he would need a new squad. How is Haring supposed to get match fit sitting on the bench every week. The Championship is a great opportunity to ease him back before we are promoted (hopefully). It seems to me if your face fits with RN ie Berra, Halliday. I worry the Haring will put in a transfer request and honestly I would be gutted. 

The problem is the team isn't performing well. If as we hoped we were thumping teams regularly then there would have been ample time to get Haring and some others some valuable game time. As it stands we're losing or drawing games we should be winning at a canter and as such Neilson isn't prepared to give certain players much needed first team action.

18 minutes ago, dougal said:

The problem is the team isn't performing well. If as we hoped we were thumping teams regularly then there would have been ample time to get Haring and some others some valuable game time. As it stands we're losing or drawing games we should be winning at a canter and as such Neilson isn't prepared to give certain players much needed first team action.

He plays halliday ffs

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

He plays halliday ffs

Halliday is undroppable no matter how shit he plays. 

Why Haring is deemed fit enough for the bench but never gets on the pitch when our midfielders are continually having poor games is beyond me. 

I think Haring and a few others are struggling due to a lack of competative action in training, the team are not training as they would normally and the edge is missing in my opinion. Other teams are getting that little bit extra knowing it's us their playing and are altering styles and formations to combat us. 

Our lack of a defensive partnership of any note also worries me during the week, I'd suggest our strikers have an easy time midweek. 

This season needs finishing and forgotten and normality can't come quick enough for everyone as far as I'm concerned.

On 24/02/2021 at 20:07, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Untrue

A still from this evening of Haring watching Halliday start ahead of him tonight. Again.

:cornette:

Edited by BackOfTheNet

5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A still from this evening of Haring watching Halliday start ahead of him tonight. Again.

:cornette:

And another...

Neil The Hippy (@NeilTheHippy1) | Twitter

2 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

And another...

Neil The Hippy (@NeilTheHippy1) | Twitter

Honestly though, you have to wonder what Haring is thinking watching terrible performances in a sub standard league week in, week out. And the manager won’t play him after he had one bad game away to Dundee.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Honestly though, you have to wonder what Haring is thinking watching terrible performances in a sub standard league week in, week out. And the manager won’t play him after he had one bad game away to Dundee.

You do. Must've shagged Robbie's missus / shat in his shoes / pished in his pint / run over his dog / all of the above. If he's fit, play him; if he's not put someone who is on the bench instead.