Peter Haring

JennytheJambo

ToadKiller Dog

Problem is lack of reserve games means any injured player comes back cold .

I fear his career is going the way of djoum wasted then moved on.

Shame on form I think he might be our best player .

He seems a very intelligent player smart enough to alter his play if needed, defence could be a good shout that was made above .He also offers a threat in the opposition box that we clearly miss .

But we persist with GMS and Naismith both look short of the quick burst of pace they had before . 

Certainly in the summer we need some younger blood in the squad. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Drumjambo

• JimmyCant

• A_A wehatethehibs

On one of the Hearts podcasts I listen to they said not long ago that they had heard Peter Haring is "well off it" fitness wise in training.

Obviously I have no idea whether this is in fact the case. I hope not.

If he's anywhere near match fit I would like to see Haring back in the team. Andy Halliday needs dropped and I am not sure where Andy Irving's head is at the moment. So a fit and on form Haring would be a big help.

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

People who don’t watch the games say Hallidays been our most effective midfielder this season.

Not exactly had stiff competition. Its still hard to look at Halliday and claim hes anything other than a really shit footballer 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Very worrying how Robbie favours Irving and Halliday so much, very worrying.

Totally agree. 

9 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Shame on form I think he might be our best player .

100% agree. It was honestly painful watching him. Hope beyond hope it's just serious rust combined with getting back into it physically.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We don’t know that as fact plus players working their way back to full fitness tend to get on the bench. 

They also tend to get on the pitch........

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

They also tend to get on the pitch........

They do and if we take the lead by a couple of goals he might. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They do and if we take the lead by a couple of goals he might. 

Raith Rovers away would have been an ideal time then.

The way it’s going John Souttar is more likely to get more game time than Haring this season,

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Neilson plays Harring on Friday and we get beat the same people will slaughter him for changing the team or we win and he'll be slaughtered for not playing Harring in the last two games. Either way we'll be top of the league. At least with Neilson there appears to be a recruitment plan and the quicker the majority of Leveins charlatans are run out of Tynecastle the better. Neilson gets his own squad and let's see how next season goes.

I think the thing that’s obviously irking folk is that various players, Walker Irving Popescu etc have been subject to getting dropped. But there’s been 5 ever presents in the team. Gordon, Halkett, Smith, Kingsley and Halliday. Folk want him to drop Halliday and try a Haring-Irving midfield basically. I just don’t see that making much difference. 

The thing about Halliday being a “neilson signing” putting him ahead of

haring is just garbage. He is ahead because has been fit an available for every minute of every game since he’s joined, he can be relied on to definitely last the full 90. That’s why he is starting. Haring cannot be relied on to last the 90 which means we would have to factor in planning to sub him off, which in turn sacrifices one of our 3 subs we could make in other areas. Fans don’t factor in these various knock on effects.

The big big reason Haring is out the team IMO is the lack of reserve football. I think if/when we see him again it would be a huge surprise if he put in a good performance, he just has not played any football so it’s tough to keep pace. 

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

haring is just garbage. He is ahead because has been fit an available for every minute of every game since he’s joined, he can be relied on to definitely last the full 90. That’s why he is starting. Haring cannot be relied on to last the 90 which means we would have to factor in planning to sub him off, which in turn sacrifices one of our 3 subs we could make in other areas. Fans don’t factor in these various knock on effects.

The big big reason Haring is out the team IMO is the lack of reserve football. I think if/when we see him again it would be a huge surprise if he put in a good performance, he just has not played any football so it’s tough to keep pace. 

A lot of good points in there. I'd also chuck in : he might be better than Halliday (or he could be if he was fit enough) but he isn't the answer : we're still woefully short of pace & power in the team.  Given the flak Neilson is getting right now , I wouldn't blame him for not taking a risk on playing Haring. Maybe, once the league is wrapped up...

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think the thing that’s obviously irking folk is that various players, Walker Irving Popescu etc have been subject to getting dropped. But there’s been 5 ever presents in the team. Gordon, Halkett, Smith, Kingsley and Halliday. Folk want him to drop Halliday and try a Haring-Irving midfield basically. I just don’t see that making much difference. 

You're spot on, they'll always play the fit players once the league is officially won we'll likely see Neilson change personnel and formations. His job is to win the league this season, once his jobs done he'll start looking ahead more.

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Raith Rovers away would have been an ideal time then.

The way it’s going John Souttar is more likely to get more game time than Haring this season,

Possibly but injury to Ginnelly and wanting to give Nando game time possibly impacted that. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A lot of good points in there. I'd also chuck in : he might be better than Halliday (or he could be if he was fit enough) but he isn't the answer : we're still woefully short of pace & power in the team.  Given the flak Neilson is getting right now , I wouldn't blame him for not taking a risk on playing Haring. Maybe, once the league is wrapped up...

I like the look of McEneff in midfield so far but think we need someone else with more dig for central midfield as well. 

6 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

He would have had plenty game time if we could make five subs like every other league. 

Yes, I can’t help feel that was decided to try and hinder us. 

Haring was awful against Dundee, but he wasn't the only one.  Bizarre he hasn't had a minute since.  He made a big impact in quite a few games this season despite not being fully fit, and it's odd that some players, such as Halliday and GMS, are allowed multiple poor performances to get up to speed but it doesn't apply to a guy who could be our best player if he got anywhere near the levels he had previously reached.

6 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

When are we going to see this guy playing again, he had a bad game v Dundee but if RN was to drop every player after a bad performance he would need a new squad. How is Haring supposed to get match fit sitting on the bench every week. The Championship is a great opportunity to ease him back before we are promoted (hopefully). It seems to me if your face fits with RN ie Berra, Halliday. I worry the Haring will put in a transfer request and honestly I would be gutted. 

100% agree

He is crying out to be played in this dire midfield 

He will anchor and bring a security as a defensive midfielder who knows the job knows the league and can offer far more 

I too am mystified at how our manager is not playing our best and most consistent midfield player by a mile -  pre injury - stand out in our cup final before going off and us losing and at eater road where he held the side together almost single handed

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Haring was awful against Dundee, but he wasn't the only one.  Bizarre he hasn't had a minute since.  He made a big impact in quite a few games this season despite not being fully fit, and it's odd that some players, such as Halliday and GMS, are allowed multiple poor performances to get up to speed but it doesn't apply to a guy who could be our best player if he got anywhere near the levels he had previously reached.

I suspect this is down to “not signed by me’” syndrome. I predict that there might be no new contract for Haring either. 

Face doesn't fit......

Neilson said he was fully fit, but would have to wait his chance, similar to the Popescu and Berra situation.

Looking at the past few weeks and the mediocracy from the middle of the park....he'll never get a chance

Away in the summer is my gut feeling, unless Neilson is away before him!

1 minute ago, Papa said:

I suspect this is down to “not signed by me’” syndrome. I predict that there might be no new contract for Haring either. 

Smith has had two absolute howlers last 4 games He wasn't signed by Robbie either was he??

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Face doesn't fit......

Neilson said he was fully fit, but would have to wait his chance, similar to the Popescu and Berra situation.

Looking at the past few weeks and the mediocracy from the middle of the park....he'll never get a chance

Away in the summer is my gut feeling, unless Neilson is away before him!

Dear oh dear no wonder we're pedestrian if he has to wait his turn after recent displays by messers halliday and irving 

6 minutes ago, Papa said:

When is his contract up?

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don't think Halliday is even in our top 10 of current problems.

Haring needs game time. Can he be loaned out to somewhere like Partick or Falkirk, or do we think that's too risky injury-wise?

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

When is his contract up?

Searched and his contract runs until 2022. Robbie can’t easily ‘empty’ him at the end of the season. I don’t think he wants rid of him anyway or he wouldn’t be on the bench. 

With Irving's future ambiguous still and Haring needing game with coupled with the league being essentially won, I'd be playing Haring for the next few weeks and see if we can be sure there is a recovery in the player that we had before. He will be miles off the pace because of the time missed, but also in the lack of reserve football. Start a half each with Irving or something and go from there. 

Haring when fit is an absolute rolls royce of a player and would be the 2nd or 3rd name on the teamsheet after Gordon and possibly Boyce. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

This for me is worrying If Neilson cannot see he is a player and apparently Halliday is -  perhaps the doomsayers have a point

He got megged by probably the most influential player in the league who tore us apart that night with obviously no one pressing him on to his right foot - Now Im no tactical genius but come on his right leg is only for standing on.

Irving did get on to[p of him later but that was when he was towing his caravan

5 hours ago, DS98 said:

It can’t just be a case of getting dropped after a bad game. If that was true Andy Halliday would never play two games in a row!

This. 

Plenty of our midfielders have had awful games and not been dropped. 

Don't understand why Haring is on the bench at all when no matter how badly we are playing he is stuck on  it for ninety minutes 

If he has no intention of putting him on its a waste of a subs place imo. 

3 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Haring was made to look ordinary by Charlie Adam. He was picked to play to stop Adam playing. Unfortunately, he looked average. Adam made the difference which led to two of Dundee’s goals. Had he stopped Adam. We wouldn’t have lost. 

Adam is the best player in the league though it’s not the most shameful thing ever. 

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't think Halliday is even in our top 10 of current problems.

Haring needs game time. Can he be loaned out to somewhere like Partick or Falkirk, or do we think that's too risky injury-wise?

Are any of they teams going to play anytime soon?  That’s an issue. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think if he had given up on him he wouldn’t be on the bench. 

I meant in terms of his longer term plans as opposed to RN trying to freeze him out or thinking he is useless. It's been a long time for a player of his quality to not have even made it off the bench once.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Neilson plays Harring on Friday and we get beat the same people will slaughter him for changing the team or we win and he'll be slaughtered for not playing Harring in the last two games. Either way we'll be top of the league. At least with Neilson there appears to be a recruitment plan and the quicker the majority of Leveins charlatans are run out of Tynecastle the better. Neilson gets his own squad and let's see how next season goes.

Haring was by some distance Leveins best signing. Versus expectations anyhow. 

He is a better player than Halliday, for me that would be regressive,  though I certainly agree he needs to get his own people, I'd prefer they were better than the ones clicking their heels while the team seems to be struggling for form 

42 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

He'll come good. Confidence that he's over his injury is all that's holding him back.

Yeah, I think Covid has probably played a role here as Haring hasn't had the chance to play reserve football to rebuild his match fitness/confidence. 

Considering we have a good gap, now would be an excellent time for haring to be given a shot. Even if its built back up again from 20 minutes at the end of a game onwards. 

47 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

He'll come good. Confidence that he's over his injury is all that's holding him back.

At a guess I would think that’s what the main issue is. 

7 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

When are we going to see this guy playing again, he had a bad game v Dundee but if RN was to drop every player after a bad performance he would need a new squad. How is Haring supposed to get match fit sitting on the bench every week. The Championship is a great opportunity to ease him back before we are promoted (hopefully). It seems to me if your face fits with RN ie Berra, Halliday. I worry the Haring will put in a transfer request and honestly I would be gutted. 

You aren't far away Jenny 👍

Haring, got picked apart from Adam 😂😂 the team fell apart because of Berra that night, not Haring. 

Give robbie time yer having a laugh, Naismith shite, Smith shite, GMS shite, Boyce shite, Halliday shite, Kingsley shite, Irving shite,. 

Eh hello guys who's job is it to get a tune out the players 🤔

All the players have turned to shite now Robbie has come in 🤔

Yet Robbie walks about as Mr untouchable 

SomethingAboutObua

Are people really saying Haring played so badly against Dundee they're not surprised he won't be playing again???

Peter Haring has surely built up enough good faith in his pre-injury performances that his Hearts career can't be undone by one crap match. Andy Halliday on the other hand has surely accumulated enough middle to bad games that he needs dropped for a period.

Get him on Neilson and give him a chance, either for one of our woeful centre backs or in place of Halliday, with McEneff for Irving. 

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Haring, got picked apart from Adam 😂😂 the team fell apart because of Berra that night, not Haring. 

Give robbie time yer having a laugh, Naismith shite, Smith shite, GMS shite, Boyce shite, Halliday shite, Kingsley shite, Irving shite,. 

Eh hello guys who's job is it to get a tune out the players 🤔

All the players have turned to shite now Robbie has come in 🤔

Yet Robbie walks about as Mr untouchable 

Whilst Robbie is by no means getting anywhere near enough out of this squad you can't be serious with that comment? We have been woeful for ages. Players and current/previous management all shoulder some of the blame.

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Are people really saying Haring played so badly against Dundee they're not surprised he won't be playing again???

Peter Haring has surely built up enough good faith in his pre-injury performances that his Hearts career can't be undone by one crap match. Andy Halliday on the other hand has surely accumulated enough middle to bad games that he needs dropped for a period.

Get him on Neilson and give him a chance, either for one of our woeful centre backs or in place of Halliday, with McEneff for Irving. 

I don’t believe it is undone. 

26 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Whilst Robbie is by no means getting anywhere near enough out of this squad you can't be serious with that comment? We have been woeful for ages. Players and current/previous management all shoulder some of the blame.

Mate with all due respect you trying to tell me these players aren't good enough, to be blitzing teams we blitz dundee at the start of the season?. 

How many performances have we followed up from that?. 

Now you can blame the players all you want, but take a step back and ask yourself, analyse the situation Boyce looks generally pissed all the time he plays, Naismith? isn't a bad player you don't get picked for international duty if you are shit. 

What i see is a squad massively under performing, now we know what the players are capable of? 

Could it be that just maybe the players aren't responding to the manager? Btw for the record i don't hate Robbie do i think the club deserves better absolutely. 

Going to give you a wee insight on what i know about Robbie, you can believe it if you want. 

During the championship season we used to train at Ainslie Park, due to teams having astro turf, Levein used to come watch training on a regular basis with Robbie and him standing side by side, and Robbie having clipboard in hand, before we played hibs in the cup the following season Robbie thought it would be a good idea to take the players away from Riccarton, and media attention for the game, he done this for both ties, for the replay and days before the game i witnessed him and Levein talking about team selection for the game, he pulled Robbie aside thinking i wasn't listening in and could hear, we must have five players in our half at all times Robbie, which would back up why Patterson lost it in the changing room that night at easter road. 

This was drilled into the team before the game at Easter road. 

There was a dust up in training days before the game, with juamma and mcghee, juamma went in late on mcghee, and mcghee lost it and went to skelp him, they had to be pulled apart. 

After training the players came over and apologised for their actions, their was about five supporters watching in the wee stand. 

I could tell plenty other story's but there's a wee one for you ☺ i don't come on here to tell bullshit, you will get nothing but the truth from me, all the best Bongo 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Mate with all due respect you trying to tell me these players aren't good enough, to be blitzing teams we blitz dundee at the start of the season?. 

Now you can blame the players all you want, but take a step back and ask yourself, analyse the situation Boyce looks generally pissed all the time he plays, Naismith? isn't a bad player you don't get picked for international duty if you are shit. 

What i see is a squad massively under performing, now we know what the players are capable of? 

Could it be that just maybe the players aren't responding to the manager? Btw for the record i don't hate Robbie do i think the club deserves better absolutely. 

Going to give you a wee insight on what i know about Robbie, you can believe it if you want. 

During the championship season we used to train at Ainslie Park, due to teams having astro turf, Levein used to come watch training on a regular basis with Robbie and him standing side by side, and Robbie having clipboard in hand, before we played hibs in the cup the following season Robbie thought it would be a good idea to take the players away from Riccarton, and media attention for the game, he done this for both ties, for the replay and days before the game i witnessed him and Levein talking about team selection for the game, he pulled Robbie aside thinking i wasn't listening in and could hear, we must have five players in our half at all times Robbie, which would back up why Patterson lost it in the changing room that night at easter road. 

There was a dust up in training days before the game, with juamma and mcghee, juamma went in late on mcghee, and mcghee lost it and went to skelp him, they had to be pulled apart. 

After training the players came over and apologised for their actions, their was about five supporters watching in the wee stand. 

I could tell plenty other story's but there's a wee one for you ☺ i don't come on here to tell bullshit, you will get nothing but the truth from me, all the best Bongo 👍

No I'm not trying to say the players aren't good enough at all, some of them maybe but the vast majority are good enough. I agree with you that they are underperforming. My point was that they have been underperforming under three (4 if you count the imposter MacPhee) managers now. It can't all be the managers fault. And I mean Robbie, stendel and levein here. The players need to take some of the blame. Naismith as you have mentioned is performing poorly and I agree that Robbie is mismanaging him asking him to do everything at one time basically. But Naismith has been off the boil for about 16 months now. And Boyce I generally don't see him looking pissed off when I watch him play tbh, just think he looks like a grumpy guy. Still been our best player this season. 

As for your story regarding Robbie, I can believe it. I was studying at Heriot-Watt during his first time as manager and would often see him and his coaching team, and sometimes levein, on the training pitch/at the café.

4 hours ago, R1874 said:

Haring has 1 bad game after a year out injured = dropped for good

Andy Halliday bad game every other week = stays in team and gets to do even more podcasts 

Odd behaviour 

Another strange one by Robbie 

good as he was before his injury surely worth a run in the team.1 bad game up at Dundee doesn’t deserve him to be benched this long with  other players playing pretty poorly in his position. 
he’s got the potential to be 10 times the player Halliday is if we can get him back to form. Need to persevere with him a bit IMO see what he can do. 
I actually  thought he was decent when he came on against hibs in semi and when he played against raith at home in cup game. 

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

No I'm not trying to say the players aren't good enough at all, some of them maybe but the vast majority are good enough. I agree with you that they are underperforming. My point was that they have been underperforming under three (4 if you count the imposter MacPhee) managers now. It can't all be the managers fault. And I mean Robbie, stendel and levein here. The players need to take some of the blame. Naismith as you have mentioned is performing poorly and I agree that Robbie is mismanaging him asking him to do everything at one time basically. But Naismith has been off the boil for about 16 months now. And Boyce I generally don't see him looking pissed off when I watch him play tbh, just think he looks like a grumpy guy. Still been our best player this season. 

As for your story regarding Robbie, I can believe it. I was studying at Heriot-Watt during his first time as manager and would often see him and his coaching team, and sometimes levein, on the training pitch/at the café.

But your forgetting Naismith and Haring were both rushed back from their injures, so much so that Haring after playing the cup final, was out for a year and a bit, Levein tried to rush back Naismith too. 

Robbie isn't getting the best out of him, because he is playing players out of position on a regular basis. 

That game in particular versus hibs at easter road he had mcghee playing left back, he had Liam Smith at left back, when hearts first went back up, he put Igor Rossi at left back, against Aberdeen at home we got mauled 3-1. 

He brought in juwon, we all know how that turned out, he neglected our left back position. 

It's okay saying Robbie left us in second, but overall what did he leave us with?. 

In the same game against Aberdeen at home he played reilly just off juanma, with sow out on the right and walker out on the left. 

If you look at the goal hibs score mcghee is playing left back, Igor Rossi comes across to cover for him, meaning he's left his position in the centre of defence, mcghee goes to cover Rossi but Cummings gets in between blazy and mcghee, this goal was scored down the left hand side of our defence, because mcghee was played out of position. 

9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There is one clear and obvious “worst individual performance of the season” this season by a country mile. It was Haring against Dundee. He’s not featured since that game. Wighton’s last game as well, he got emptied from the club. Could be that Haring is destined for the same fate. Other performances from Halliday and Irving may have been flat and not energetic enough, but none has reached car crash levels which Haring served up last time he played. So the onus is on him to show something in training to win back a place. Not the manager. 

Maybe we could give Damour a game sometime and he might be as bad as Haring was against Dundee and we could empty him as well?

The Grim Reaper
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

image.png.acf67d0eb0cf1b5d85ad9a553887a61a.png

queensferryjambo
9 hours ago, DS98 said:

I suppose you can be effective in a negative way.

The hydrogen bomb at Hiroshima was quite effective.

Sorry for being a pedant but the Hydrogen bomb wasn't invented until over 7 years after Hiroshima ;) 

On a bomb scale player rating - 

Colin Cameron - Hydrogen Bomb

Paul Hartley - Atomic Bomb

Gary Mackay - Semtex

Arnaud Djoum - TNT

John Millar - Dynamite

Andy Halliday - New Original Fun Snaps Paper Throwdown Outdoor Fun Snaps 1 BOX (50 SNAPS) Boys Girls Children Playing item

10 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There is one clear and obvious “worst individual performance of the season” this season by a country mile. It was Haring against Dundee. He’s not featured since that game. Wighton’s last game as well, he got emptied from the club. Could be that Haring is destined for the same fate. Other performances from Halliday and Irving may have been flat and not energetic enough, but none has reached car crash levels which Haring served up last time he played. So the onus is on him to show something in training to win back a place. Not the manager. 

Im not having that -  Smith has been as bad on at least 2 occasions this season and Halliday has been rank rotten plenty as for Irving at QOS Easily a candidate - of course that's my opinion - ffs Haring has not played competitively for a year and a half what's the others excuse - I would expect him to play at least a part next few after our recent performances/results