Peter Haring

JennytheJambo

JennytheJambo

When are we going to see this guy playing again, he had a bad game v Dundee but if RN was to drop every player after a bad performance he would need a new squad. How is Haring supposed to get match fit sitting on the bench every week. The Championship is a great opportunity to ease him back before we are promoted (hopefully). It seems to me if your face fits with RN ie Berra, Halliday. I worry the Haring will put in a transfer request and honestly I would be gutted. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Drumjambo

• JimmyCant

• A_A wehatethehibs

22 minutes ago, JennytheJambo said:

When are we going to see this guy playing again, he had a bad game v Dundee but if RN was to drop every player after a bad performance he would need a new squad. How is Haring supposed to get match fit sitting on the bench every week. The Championship is a great opportunity to ease him back before we are promoted (hopefully). It seems to me if your face fits with RN ie Berra, Halliday. I worry the Haring will put in a transfer request and honestly I would be gutted. 

Been thinking the same. 
surely he deserves a run in the team now after recent performances. A few games and let’s see if he can get near the level he was before.not as if dropping Halliday is going to have anyone complaining. 
only thing I can think of is management have noticed in training he’s not the player he was before his injury. Hopefully not. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He’s not performed when called on this season. In fact he was utterly awful last time he played. There shouldn’t be any “I will be gutted” he had a bad injury and was out for a long long time, there was always a chance of this. Irrespective of the manager. 

JennytheJambo
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s not performed when called on this season. In fact he was utterly awful last time he played. There shouldn’t be any “I will be gutted” he had a bad injury and was out for a long long time, there was always a chance of this. Irrespective of the manager. 

I agree with what you are saying but there are a few that has not performed. If like the other reply and he is not performing in training, I don't blame him, his mood will be low, he must be thinking what is the point trying if I am sitting on the bench. I suppose we don't see what is going on behind closed doors but unfortunately have to witness the performances on match days. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, JennytheJambo said:

I agree with what you are saying but there are a few that has not performed. If like the other reply and he is not performing in training, I don't blame him, his mood will be low, he must be thinking what is the point trying if I am sitting on the bench. I suppose we don't see what is going on behind closed doors but unfortunately have to witness the performances on match days. 

There is one clear and obvious “worst individual performance of the season” this season by a country mile. It was Haring against Dundee. He’s not featured since that game. Wighton’s last game as well, he got emptied from the club. Could be that Haring is destined for the same fate. Other performances from Halliday and Irving may have been flat and not energetic enough, but none has reached car crash levels which Haring served up last time he played. So the onus is on him to show something in training to win back a place. Not the manager. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

6 minutes ago, JennytheJambo said:

Well we still pay his wages so that alone should be his reason for trying.

The Grim Reaper
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

It can’t just be a case of getting dropped after a bad game. If that was true Andy Halliday would never play two games in a row!

People who don’t watch the games say Hallidays been our most effective midfielder this season.

5 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

People who don’t watch the games say Hallidays been our most effective midfielder this season.

I suppose you can be effective in a negative way.

The hydrogen bomb at Hiroshima was quite effective.

kingantti1874
45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

disagree. Pre Dundee he was fine and was excellent in the semi. 

I think he’s finished as a centre midfielder, he can’t turn as quick anymore, he’d be better at centre back when he’s facing the play majority of the time.

Howdy Doody Jambo
50 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I think he’s finished as a centre midfielder, he can’t turn as quick anymore, he’d be better at centre back when he’s facing the play majority of the time.

Surely if he isn't fit to play in midfield he is just as unfit to play at the back where you can be up against pacey forwards 

A_A wehatethehibs
53 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

disagree. Pre Dundee he was fine and was excellent in the semi. 

Lee and Wighton played well that day too. Both been moved on. Was Haring fine against Alloa when we crashed out? Played the whole game. Looking at the big picture, Haring and Lee are players who’ve had their day at Hearts and fell a bit short even though they both gave it everything in big games. The team for the 2021-22 Premiership season I think there’ll be no survivors from the 2018-20 group of Levein players. Quite clear to me that Neilson is in the process of binning every last player from that squad, and the current group are a transitional team to get us out the championship. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Well we still pay his wages so that alone should be his reason for trying.

Playing in the Hearts jersey should be enough motivation.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Halliday is Neilsons signing Haring isn't. 

Haring is twice the player when fit and well. Get him back in Neilson or lose another vote 

Another injury prone could have been.

Unfortunately needs moved on as he isn't going to improve us.

Halliday can join him on the way out.

Should be given a shot to try and build his match fitness, obviously no reserve football isn't helping, but we're in dead rubber terrirotry league wise and someone of Harings ability should be able to cope with games against Morton, fit or not. 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Haring is twice the player when fit and well. Get him back in Neilson or lose another vote 

Haring is a better player when fit and well, but not convinced he is fully fit and well. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Haring is a better player when fit and well, but not convinced he is fully fit and well. 

Its the old case of, average player who stays fit vs good player who’s always injured/ struggling for fitness. 

The last few years we’ve been wishing we had a Halliday. An average, workmanlike midfield job doer who, crucially, stays fit.

But now we’ve got one, and he’s staying fully fit playing the full 90 mins every week, the fans complain he’s not good enough.

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Makes me wonder if he is ever going to be fit and well,he has been giving every chance.

Just now, ford donald said:

Makes me wonder if he is ever going to be fit and well,he has been giving every chance.

Could well be fine physically but tough to get your mindset right after the time he had out injured and not worry about it recurring. 

Jambo in Bathgate

Haring was made to look ordinary by Charlie Adam. He was picked to play to stop Adam playing. Unfortunately, he looked average. Adam made the difference which led to two of Dundee’s goals. Had he stopped Adam. We wouldn’t have lost. 

36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Neilson says he is fit. Just has to wait patiently to get back in the team. Eyebrow raising stuff when our best holding midfielder by a distance sits on the bench behind Halliday

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Haring was made to look ordinary by Charlie Adam. He was picked to play to stop Adam playing. Unfortunately, he looked average. Adam made the difference which led to two of Dundee’s goals. Had he stopped Adam. We wouldn’t have lost. 

One nutmeg which made him look silly but let’s be honest here, Adam made the whole midfield look a bit silly that night until Irving came on and got in his face. That’s how you play Charlie Adam, noise him up, leave something on him and his discipline and focus go.

Haring is a scapegoat IMO. Totally unfairly. No he wasn’t great in his last two games but neither were many others. May be something going on there in the background between him and Neilson.

12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If Haring isn’t fit and well then why the hell is he on the bench ?

We don’t know that as fact plus players working their way back to full fitness tend to get on the bench. 

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

One nutmeg which made him look silly but let’s be honest here, Adam made the whole midfield look a bit silly that night until Irving came on and got in his face. That’s how you play Charlie Adam, noise him up, leave something on him and his discipline and focus go.

Haring is a scapegoat IMO. Totally unfairly. No he wasn’t great in his last two games but neither were many others. May be something going on there in the background between him and Neilson.

This for me, a couple of poor performances but he's by no means a bad player. For what it's worth, whilst he should have done better, getting made to look a fool by Charlie Adam is hardly embarrassing when you consider the level he's played at. Getting done for pace by him yes, but not on his ability.

22 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Its the old case of, average player who stays fit vs good player who’s always injured/ struggling for fitness. 

The last few years we’ve been wishing we had a Halliday. An average, workmanlike midfield job doer who, crucially, stays fit.

But now we’ve got one, and he’s staying fully fit playing the full 90 mins every week, the fans complain he’s not good enough.

The boy has an attitude problem, more than one in fact. Lucky to stay on the park against Morton after his yellow card and actually contributes nothing of what he was signed for. The sooner he realises he no longer plays for rangers and gets over that fact, the better.

Kidd’s Boots

Haring undoubtedly struggled that night at Dens Park, and I said at the time if he was a horse, a good trainer wouldn't have run him on that track in those conditions, but RN did and Haring has paid the price since. His benching since that game, imo, is as much to do with RN covering his mistake that night than Haring's phycial and mental fitness. These two things will only improve when he gets a run of games.

Edited by Kidd’s Boots

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Haring was poor against Dundee and rightly dropped imo. I’ve no idea how he shows up in training but I’ve heard nothing before on him and Neilson having any issues. 

1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

This for me, a couple of poor performances but he's by no means a bad player. For what it's worth, whilst he should have done better, getting made to look a fool by Charlie Adam is hardly embarrassing when you consider the level he's played at. Getting done for pace by him yes, but not on his ability.

True dat. Most would have turned their nose up if we had signed him for this season but he’s got real class and he’s a driver for everyone else in the team.

2 hours ago, JennytheJambo said:

If that's his attitude he can GTF.

2 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Haring undoubtedly struggled that night at Dens Park, and I said at the time if he was a horse, a good trainer wouldn't have run him on that track in those conditions, but RN did and Haring has paid the price since. His benching since that game, imo, is as much to do with RN covering his mistake that night than Haring's phycial and mental fitness. These two things will only improve when he gets a run of games.

Surely benching him would highlight a mistake? 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

How can he be a scapegoat? He’s hardly played? When he has played he’s not performed. So therefore he’s down the pecking order. It’s not complicated. The fact is, Haring was selected to start the Dundee game to show his experience and quality. That was a good opportunity and show of faith, in a big important game. He was hooked at half time. Since then Irving-Halliday played what, 4 games in a row? And then now we’ve brought in new signing McEneff. 

There is nothing complicated about what’s happened. 

Too risky to play big Pedro in the next two games if he's still not 100%. Win both and the league is all but done. Can then start giving him a few games against the likes of Ayr and QotS at home in preparation for next season.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Haring was poor against Dundee and rightly dropped imo. I’ve no idea how he shows up in training but I’ve heard nothing before on him and Neilson having any issues. 

Aye he was poor Dave, but how many other poor performers have we had this season who have kept their place. And Wighton is another case. Doing pretty well, scoring goals, but taken out the team and now shipped off. That’s a big unnecessary risk letting him go IMO and I hope it doesn’t bite us on the arse. I just think if Haring is fit, and I’d maybe question if he is fit in his head, you play him.

Kidd’s Boots
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Surely benching him would highlight a mistake? 

That's why I raised it. RN was quoted a few weeks ago that Haring is fit and available but needs to wait for his opportunity. It's well documented that Halliday and Irving are not universally accepted by the support as the pairing, but when the choice had to be made, Irving was the easier to bench. This, combined with the continual needs to shoehorn Naismith in somewhere in or around the midfield weakens the system and limits opportunities. 

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye he was poor Dave, but how many other poor performers have we had this season who have kept their place. And Wighton is another case. Doing pretty well, scoring goals, but taken out the team and now shipped off. That’s a big unnecessary risk letting him go IMO and I hope it doesn’t bite us on the arse. I just think if Haring is fit, and I’d maybe question if he is fit in his head, you play him.

I don’t disagree re Haring. If he is indeed physically and mentally ready then I would play him. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

How can he be a scapegoat? He’s hardly played? When he has played he’s not performed. So therefore he’s down the pecking order. It’s not complicated. The fact is, Haring was selected to start the Dundee game to show his experience and quality. That was a good opportunity and show of faith, in a big important game. He was hooked at half time. Since then Irving-Halliday played what, 4 games in a row? And then now we’ve brought in new signing McEneff. 

There is nothing complicated about what’s happened. 

I’d rather have a ‘half arsed’ Haring in the team than a ‘can’t be arsed’ Halliday. I understand the reasoning I just don’t agree with it.

42 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We really haven't mate.

The fact is at least half the teams we play next season, especially at Tynecastle, will do the exact same as all the Champ clubs are doing.  They'll sit in and look to take the chance when it comes.  And they'll be better at it than the part-timers we're struggling against at the moment.

Halliday has no place whatsoever in the centre of the park in a team trying to break another team down and the fact he's being played week in week out shows a total lack of imagination.

Who knows the situ with big Pete, but if he's fit and simply had a bad game or two, he's worth a shot.  He has more drive, ability and leadership in his left nut than Halliday has in total.  Maybe Pete's done, and that'll be a tragedy, but my guess is Robbie prefers Halliday and that's a concern.

Gordon

Smith Pops Halks Kings

Haring

Walker McEneff Irving-------

Nando/Nais Boyce

By the way, if Pete is done or isn't ready for games or whatever, then another solution needs sought.  Halliday is the constant in our poor creativity.  Irving and McEneff is obvious, glaring even.  Walker wide but with license to roam, a winger to hug the touchline on the other side, 2 up top.  Done.  Halliday to be used if we're needing to close the game out at 1-0 and not much else.

Gordon

Smith Pops Halks Kings

Walker McEneff Irving GMS

Boyce Gnando/Nais

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There is one clear and obvious “worst individual performance of the season” this season by a country mile. It was Haring against Dundee. He’s not featured since that game. Wighton’s last game as well, he got emptied from the club. Could be that Haring is destined for the same fate. Other performances from Halliday and Irving may have been flat and not energetic enough, but none has reached car crash levels which Haring served up last time he played. So the onus is on him to show something in training to win back a place. Not the manager. 

Andy Halliday has contributed two bookings in his last 2 games. That’s it. Haring deserves a chance instead of that wage thief!!! 

Looking likely that Robbie has given up on him which surprises me. The Dundee game was a freak 45 minutes from him so surely deserves at least one more chance.

I'm in the pro Neilson camp but disappointed if that is the case.

2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

And then he would be last man having to turn quickly. Better in midfield where defenders are behind him to cover. I personally think if there is any issues it will be sorted by giving him playing time. It's just a matter of getting up to match fitness.

Just now, Hungry hippo said:

Looking likely that Robbie has given up on him which surprises me. The Dundee game was a freak 45 minutes from him so surely deserves at least one more chance.

I'm in the pro Neilson camp but disappointed if that is the case.

I think if he had given up on him he wouldn’t be on the bench. 

Haring has 1 bad game after a year out injured = dropped for good

Andy Halliday bad game every other week = stays in team and gets to do even more podcasts 

Odd behaviour 

2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Haring has 1 bad game after a year out injured = dropped for good

Andy Halliday bad game every other week = stays in team and gets to do even more podcasts 

Odd behaviour 

Agree, was thinking the same you just beat to it.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Will get binned in the summer no doubt. The guy who made Perry Kitchen Hearts captain clearly doesn't rate big Pete. 

Interesting point re PK. Another in the RN mould of midfielders. Did PK ever pass the ball forward?

Neilson plays Harring on Friday and we get beat the same people will slaughter him for changing the team or we win and he'll be slaughtered for not playing Harring in the last two games. Either way we'll be top of the league. At least with Neilson there appears to be a recruitment plan and the quicker the majority of Leveins charlatans are run out of Tynecastle the better. Neilson gets his own squad and let's see how next season goes.