Kingston Right or Center

jambos_4_hibs_0

jambos_4_hibs_0

Where should he be played for us?

I personally think that he is wasted out on the right and that is a very very silly thing to do with a player who creates countless (well i can think of 3 goals from this off the top of my head) chances by running up the middle of the park. People think that just because he plays on the right for ghana means thats where he plays. Wrong i say. He is played there to suit the likes of essien. I think a 4-4-1-1 can work with kingston playing the hartley role. I think this could be the key to success for us.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Where should he be played for us?

I personally think that he is wasted out on the right and that is a very very silly thing to do with a player who creates countless (well i can think of 3 goals from this off the top of my head) chances by running up the middle of the park. People think that just because he plays on the right for ghana means thats where he plays. Wrong i say. He is played there to suit the likes of essien. I think a 4-4-1-1 can work with kingston playing the hartley role. I think this could be the key to success for us.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Definitely through the middle infront of the two central midfielders.

Give him a free role in that area and he will terrorise defences.

Drylaw Hearts

I'd prefere him in the middle but I think we had to play him out wide as the only other option there for a number of weeks was No.28.

Commander Harris

with chesney back we have the choice. I would prefer Kingston in the middle, providing more balance to the midfield. just now all our central midfielders do not provide a lot going forward, they are good at what they do but unfortunately supporting the striker/s is not it.

a midfield of Kingston and Ruben with Chesney on the right and Driver on the left would be my preference. or with a five with Ruben and Eggert behind him and Kingston playing more advanced.

He's maybe not the driving player Hartley was, but he is creative and could be great with a couple of decent wingers.

I'd like to see a midfield of Driver(or Miko) Ruben Kingston Cesnauskis to see how they do.

We lack workrate across the midfield though Jonsson and Palazuelos (to a lesser extent) do more, and Chesney has been diligent in working back recently. Ksnavicius, Driver, Kingston, Miko and especially Ivaskevicius do no defending. Stewart is always out of position.

Kingston has to play when fit. But the rest of the midfield has to be balanced around his lack of defensive workrate. Ghana have the superlative Essien to do all the hard work.

I quite like the idea of Kingston playing off a striker - with either Chesney or Driver, Stewart, Jonsson and Palazuelos in midfield.

He is best in the middle, however with our midfield it is better to play him on the right as it makes us stronger. And it keeps Miko and 28 out the team!

I agree with the artist formerly known as KennyD. We really didn't have much of a choice before. We had absolutely bugger all on the right of midfield. Combining that with the fact that Eggert and Stewart were both playing really well and our choices on the right were Mikoliunas or Ivaskevicius if you weren't going to pick Larry. At the time it had to be done.

Now a midfield of...

Driver Palazeulos Kingston Cesnauskis

... makes me feel very warm inside. All we'd need then is a pacey goalscorer to partner Velicka and an entire new back four and goalkeeper and we'd be the muts nutts.

jambos_4_hibs_0
I agree with the artist formerly known as KennyD. We really didn't have much of a choice before. We had absolutely bugger all on the right of midfield. Combining that with the fact that Eggert and Stewart were both playing really well and our choices on the right were Mikoliunas or Ivaskevicius if you weren't going to pick Larry. At the time it had to be done.

Now a midfield of...

Driver Palazeulos Kingston Cesnauskis

... makes me feel very warm inside. All we'd need then is a pacey goalscorer to partner Velicka and an entire new back four and goalkeeper and we'd be the muts nutts.

agree totally.

im just sick of people naming teams which contain kingston on the right.

john brownlee
I'd prefere him in the middle but I think we had to play him out wide as the only other option there for a number of weeks was No.28.

watch the africa cup he is outstanding on the right.also move to the left and again causes alsorts of trouble, right wing for me. Depends on who we have. We have three good wingers that can switch ,so because they are not as flexable as Laryea, so maybe midfield, depending on injuries suspensions ect.

IMO unless we bring in 2 wide midfielders (not wingers) I think Kingston has to remain wide right.

If we bring him into the centre and play Cesnauskis and Driver it leaves us with 1 remaining midfielder (Palazeulos or Jonsson) to track back / tackle etc. Driver, Cesnauskis and Kingston are only interested in going forward and on the rare occasions they bother to track back their "tackling" is a token gesture.

He has to play through the middle as we have absolutely nothing in an attacking sense coming from the middle of the park at the moment.

Archived