Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

39 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It is only on here I read support of Robbie.

to fire him right now risks blowing everything up and potentially miss out on promotion.

to fire him at the end of the season would require an adequate replacement being available - given the lack of ambition and acceptance of dross that we are collectively seemingly happy to put up with I'm not at all confident we'd move the ball forward significantly - look at the palpitations that were had over Stendel shaking things up.

The third option fills me with dread, this is turgid beyond belief.

All that said what I think though is totally irrelevant, he is going nowhere, Ann has her laddie.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

We are stuck with him until budge buggers off I feel.  

can’t wait until we get some competent ownership in at the club.  Imagine the potential of a Hearts without huge amounts of debt?  It’s a scandal we have been led to the championship considering our resources.  

12 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

to fire him right now risks blowing everything up and potentially miss out on promotion.

to fire him at the end of the season would require an adequate replacement being available - given the lack of ambition and acceptance of dross that we are collectively seemingly happy to put up with I'm not at all confident we'd move the ball forward significantly - look at the palpitations that were had over Stendel shaking things up.

The third option fills me with dread, this is turgid beyond belief.

All that said what I think though is totally irrelevant, he is going nowhere, Ann has her laddie.

How would firing him now risk blowing up our promotion prospects. The player's look miserable as sin at the moment and clearly are not playing for Neilson. I could pick a random of the street at we would still fall over the line. Budge ain't going to sack him anytime soon unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

As long as we’re promoted I couldn’t give a toss who’s the boss

Can’t wait to see how we play against teams that can effectively move from defence to attack in the time it takes us to pass from midfield to cb to rb-to cb then back to the keeper. (When we are promoted I mean).

Edited by GinRummy

29 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We can get there playing a better style of football than Robbie offers imo.

Perhaps but the main thing is we get there. 

6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

How would firing him now risk blowing up our promotion prospects. The player's look miserable as sin at the moment and clearly are not playing for Neilson. I could pick a random of the street at we would still fall over the line. Budge ain't going to sack him anytime soon unfortunately. 

debated that one with myself too. In the end I concluded that the chaos and lack of a plan that existed prior to Stendel arriving and the freefall we went into could at a minimum pose a risk. Much as I can't stand the dreich we are watching to fire someone right now would be a very bold call indeed.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t wait to see how we play against teams that can effectively move from defence to attack in the time it takes us to pass from midfield to cb to rb-to cb then back to the keeper. (When we are promoted I mean).

There’s not many of them in Scottish football 

3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

debated that one with myself too. In the end I concluded that the chaos and lack of a plan that existed prior to Stendel arriving and the freefall we went into could at a minimum pose a risk. Much as I can't stand the dreich we are watching to fire someone right now would be a very bold call indeed.

It won't happen anytime soon sadly. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

There’s not many of them in Scottish football 

Let’s hope not. Why we have to piss around passing in our own half giving teams the opportunity to organise their defence is a mystery to me. Dull, ineffective possession football is dragging the team down. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I doubt there are many who are 100% buying into Robbie but I suspect quite a few are content to sit in and see what the summer and next season brings (kind of reflected in the poll results)

Whether that is because they believe he deserves a shot at the SPL, cannot see a better candidate out there or don’t trust Budge to appoint anyone better is anyone’s guess. 

There should have been a “I back Robbie 100%” option on the poll. 

Yes, agreed...That stat would have been a lot more revealing!

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Let’s hope not. Why we have to piss around passing in our own half giving teams the opportunity to organise their defence is a mystery to me. Dull, ineffective possession football is dragging the team down. 

Same, everything is predictable the way we play opposite managers have sussed us out imo, it’s very frustrating watching us .

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’m only in regular contact with 5 Hearts fans these days. One of them has just sort of switched off for the season, the other 4 didn’t want him and still don’t. I do think that, like any manager, he deserves a chance and to bin him now wouldn’t be giving him a chance. I don’t have much confidence in him though and the last 4 games have been incredibly frustrating and, I believe, completely avoidable. It’s one thing trying to stick to a plan but quite another not seeing warning signs. We never seem to finish games with the same plan as we start them these days. That’s because the original tactics were shite. If everyone else can see it why can’t robbie?

Apart from your 4 mates......It also looks like the players don't want him!

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, though I find it hard to believe that’s what Nielson, McCulloch and Forrest tell them to do. Think it’s more down to players limitations. 

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Apart from your 4 mates......It also looks like the players don't want him!

I really hope that isn’t the case. Bit fed up with some of our players going in the huff and playing when they want to.  

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We've played two of those teams - beat one and took the other to ET and pens.

Yep, though I find it hard to believe that’s what Nielson, McCulloch and Forrest tell them to do. Think it’s more down to players limitations. 

They shouldn’t look as limited as they do in this league imo. Hopefully we get it sorted between now and next season though. I’m not after a lynching and we need some sort of stability after last season. Having serious doubts though.

You suggested on another thread that the close season would see big changes. Anything you feel you can elaborate on?

Just now, GinRummy said:

They shouldn’t look as limited as they do in this league imo. Hopefully we get it sorted between now and next season though. I’m not after a lynching and we need some sort of stability after last season. Having serious doubts though.

You suggested on another thread that the close season would see big changes. Anything you feel you can elaborate on?

I think only McEneff of our current midfielders will be at the club next season. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

We've played two of those teams - beat one and took the other to ET and pens.

We beat Rangers and Hibs last season and look what happened? I don’t accept raising our performance twice is evidence of anything.  

Just now, GinRummy said:

I really hope that isn’t the case. Bit fed up with some of our players going in the huff and playing when they want to.  

For a team that is top of the league...they don't half cut the image of a dispirited bunch!

They seem a muddled, confused lot, with no real leadership on the park.....Naismith does a bit shouting and finger pointing, but he is clearly just going through the motions. Don't want to hark back to Stendel, but at least everyone seemed on board with his tactics, albeit the results weren't great.

Neilson for me has not instilled a good team spirit in the camp....Something is clearly wrong!

5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

For a team that is top of the league...they don't half cut the image of a dispirited bunch!

They seem a muddled, confused lot, with no real leadership on the park.....Naismith does a bit shouting and finger pointing, but he is clearly just going through the motions. Don't want to hark back to Stendel, but at least everyone seemed on board with his tactics, albeit the results weren't great.

Neilson for me has not instilled a good team spirit in the camp....Something is clearly wrong!

I certainly think there are signs that what you say is true but who knows what’s going on behind the scenes. There’s no enthusiasm or drive about our play though. If the players that were here last season are the same ones that have partially decided to down tools (for want of a better expression) then I’d rather replace every single one of them, before I’d replace the manager yet again. The attitude from some of the squad when Stendel took over was unprofessional and tbh, a disgrace. **** letting them see off another manager. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Only that I heard he was planning  to do mass clear out when he came in and it had been agreed as part of the deal. Right after he signed up the league was reduced to 27 games and a projected start in October.  That killed the plan because they couldn’t get the players he wanted to commit to a shortened season that may not even start. Only player signed, other than Gordon which had been agreed in January, that’s not a loan or a short term contract is McEneff. Big changes coming and I think many players know that. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We beat Rangers and Hibs last season and look what happened? I don’t accept raising our performance twice is evidence of anything.  

Robbie wasn't in charge last season. You said you dreaded to see how this Neilson team would play against better teams and I gave you the only two examples from this season.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Robbie wasn't in charge last season. You said you dreaded to see how this Neilson team would play against better teams and I gave you the only two examples from this season.

And I mentioned last season to show that isolated results don’t mean much. You can see the team is underperforming so why defend it. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Only that I heard he was planning  to do mass clear out when he came in and it had been agreed as part of the deal. Right after he signed up the league was reduced to 27 games and a projected start in October.  That killed the plan because they couldn’t get the players he wanted to commit to a shortened season that may not even start. Only player signed, other than Gordon which had been agreed in January, that’s not a loan or a short term contract is McEneff. Big changes coming and I think many players know that. 

Yep, Naismith to be moved on for a start. Probably Halkett.

As for the players looking miserable and demotivated, it is a miserable time of year and a miserable time in general. Not the season to be judging a manager just in the door IMO, but many seem to have made up their mind about Neilson before he even came back.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thanks. Appreciated 👍

The Grim Reaper
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Regardless of whether Robbie starts next season as manager or not, it is imperative that we get player recruitment right this time. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I certainly think there are signs that what you say is true bit who knows what’s going on behind the scenes. There’s no enthusiasm or drive about our play though. If the players that were here last season are the same ones that have partially decided to down tools (for want of a better expression) then I’d rather replace every single one of the, before I’d replace the manager yet again. The attitude from some of the squad when Stendel too over was unprofessional and tbh, a disgrace. **** letting them see off another manager. 

Well seeing the unprofessional way in which Budge dispensed with Stendel will have got into some players psyche.....

Say what you like about Stendel, he sussed out the characters in the club in the short time he was there. Berra to Dundee. Naismith having to turn up at training....etc. I would imagine he was a tough, demanding manager, typical German you would say.

Budge reappointing Neilson must have felt like a holiday camp to some.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yep, Naismith to be moved on for a start. Probably Halkett.

As for the players looking miserable and demotivated, it is a miserable time of year and a miserable time in general. Not the season to be judging a manager just in the door IMO, but many seem to have made up their mind about Neilson before he even came back.

Add another 8 or 9. 

Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

Regardless of whether Robbie starts next season as manager or not, it is imperative that we get player recruitment right this time. 

How many times over the last 4 years have we said that the player recruitment must be better. Mistake after mistake has put us where we are. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

And I mentioned last season to show that isolated results don’t mean much. You can see the team is underperforming so why defend it. 

Robbie can only play who's in front of him so to say he can't play against better teams when he has played and done well against the better teams doesn't make sense. 

I'm not defending anything, I'm just not getting carried away after a lull in form. I'm critical of certain team selections - Naismith for Walker mainly, plus persisting with Halliday, and that he didn't recruit a new CB. I also want us to go 4-3-3 and am disappointed we haven't given chances to youngsters so far. I would also prefer we kept players like Roberts and Wighton in case we need them unless there was a financial reason for letting them go out on loan.

Overall, though I'm enjoying a team that wins a lot more than it loses and I think the last few games are a lull not what we can expect for the rest of the season. Time will tell though.

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

It is.  Worrying though that it’s largely in the hands of the unknown ie Savage. Hopefully the guy is as good as his reputation suggests and that he has sussed the standards required in Scotland unlike most who come up here and think it’s a stroll only to be found out. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Robbie can only play who's in front of him so to say he can't play against better teams when he has played and done well against the better teams doesn't make sense. 

I'm not defending anything, I'm just not getting carried away after a lull in form. I'm critical of certain team selections - Naismith for Walker mainly, plus persisting with Halliday, and that he didn't recruit a new CB. I also want us to go 4-3-3 and am disappointed we haven't given chances to youngsters so far. I would also prefer we kept players like Roberts and Wighton in case we need them unless there was a financial reason for letting them go out on loan.

Overall, though I'm enjoying a team that wins a lot more than it loses and I think the last few games are a lull not what we can expect for the rest of the season. Time will tell though.

Re centre backs it’s pretty clear that Soutar and Findlay were the hoped for  pairing. Sadly not going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neither were looking like they were cutting it. Well are paying all of Roberts salary so that’s a decent deal. Wighton needed a fresh start so good deal for him and us. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Neither were looking like they were cutting it. Well are paying all of Roberts salary so that’s a decent deal. Wighton needed a fresh start so good deal for him and us. 

I'm not fussed either way really. Both were too inconsistent to be able to predict how useful they'd be the 2nd half of the season. Wighton off the bench seemed a good option in this league. Who knows. Well and Dunfermline fans can worry about them now!

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I’ll say it again. Two results against top flight teams proves little imo. You can agree or disagree with that but to say it doesn’t  make sense,  in itself doesn’t make sense. It’s a perfectly sensible opinion.

The boring repetitive backwards and sideways style will not get us anywhere next season. We need to be able to counter attack effectively and not have to babysit our central defenders with full backs staying back and two sitting mids. my frustration at the moment is Robbie’s unwillingness to tweak things when many could see his system was less and less effective. I agree 4-3-3 would be a good option. 

I’ve certainly enjoyed this season a lot more than last season, I’ll admit that much 😀

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm not fussed either way really. Both were too inconsistent to be able to predict how useful they'd be the 2nd half of the season. Wighton off the bench seemed a good option in this league. Who knows. Well and Dunfermline fans can worry about them now!

Roberts playing well at Motherwell. It’s a win win for us I’d think. Either he comes back and makes a decent fist of it next year or Motherwell take him on and we get out of the last year of his contract. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Roberts playing well at Motherwell. It’s a win win for us I’d think. Either he comes back and makes a decent fist of it next year or Motherwell take him on and we get out of the last year of his contract. 

Might get a fee for Roberts.  😎

OmiyaHearts

I see this morning, Robbie rolling out the poor pitch excuse for the last few games results. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-admits-hearts-can-be-miles-better-as-he-pinpoints-areas-needing-to-improve-3149527

Despite our return of 3 points in last three games, somehow QOS have managed to grind out 9 points and even Arbroath have claimed 7 points. 

Why are we unable to 'grind out' this sort of return?

colinmaroon
13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’ll say it again. Two results against top flight teams proves little imo. You can agree or disagree with that but to say it doesn’t  make sense,  in itself doesn’t make sense. It’s a perfectly sensible opinion.

The boring repetitive backwards and sideways style will not get us anywhere next season. We need to be able to counter attack effectively and not have to babysit our central defenders with full backs staying back and two sitting mids. my frustration at the moment is Robbie’s unwillingness to tweak things when many could see his system was less and less effective. I agree 4-3-3 would be a good option. 

I’ve certainly enjoyed this season a lot more than last season, I’ll admit that much 😀

How do you counterattack a team that sits in?

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

How do you counterattack a team that sits in?

Inverness didn't sit in. Dundee didn't sit in at their hovel either. We are slow at getting the ball forward and take too many needless passes.

Gordon Ramsay
11 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I see this morning, Robbie rolling out the poor pitch excuse for the last few games results. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-admits-hearts-can-be-miles-better-as-he-pinpoints-areas-needing-to-improve-3149527

Despite our return of 3 points in last three games, somehow QOS have managed to grind out 9 points and even Arbroath have claimed 7 points. 

Those pesky pitches again. 

It's your formation, Neilson. If you played on a bowling green it would end the same. You are needing to change it each game because it is crap. You have been rumbled. 

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The more he speaks the more he drives a wedge between him and the fans.

Excuses excuses excuses.

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Good God. He has after how many years as manager and defender worked out that runs beyond defenders and balls put through to the runners might be a good idea. The point has been.made often on here ... perhaps Robbie reads JKB?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)