Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t. What I’m asking is if both teams press high up the park them surely central defenders are going to be under a lot of pressure. I’m not slating the tactic, I loved it when we played it well under stendel. I am questioning why a central defender would want to play in a league where it’s commonplace. 

Number one to improve his ball playing attributes, which may result in a better team, that plays the same style Union play wanting to buy him. 

Good players know how to make time and space on the pitch 👍

I understand why he chose union over us, it ain't all about money as he was on decent money at Newcastle before being released. 

Our style of play isn't attractive, thats not me being negative it's my opinion, if people disagree I've not got a problem with that, they are perfectly entitled to their own opinion. 

Now you can say what other team plays attractive football in Scotland, at the moment it goes Rangers, Celtic, St Johnstone in order. 

The boy Davidson is attempting to play a high intensity attacking style of football at the saints.

Personally speaking i believe Heart of Midlothian football club, is at it's best when we go all out high press teams, in their faces attack attack attack. 

All good Hearts teams have done this fact. 

I also believe the mentality of a manager means a lot to the players. 

You have to believe you can win every game, the manager has to set the winning mentality and standards at the club, this is how Gerrard has changed the mentality at Rangers. 

And now young players like Paterson at them, know the standards they have to reach to get in his team. 

I know the young lad made a mistake with covid etc, but his attitude after it has been unbelievable. 

He's said right I've made a mistake, I need to put all the negative shit behind me and go out and prove i still have a future here. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The example given above is one where the high press brought a result. If you look at the game Rangers should really have scored 5. That they didn't wax simply luck.

On other occasions we didn't get that luck.and against far worse teams than Rangers. I like the high press with the right players or even just some of the right players with others learning. What Stendel did was what he wanted from the start. Any idea of pragmatism went out the window. Though Paisley? I have no idea what that was. But a lot of damage had been done before his arrival even so.

Just feel it takes longer than fourth months to get the guys ideas and his players, Rangers are now seeing the rewards by sticking by Gerrard and having faith in him. 

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The example given above is one where the high press brought a result. If you look at the game Rangers should really have scored 5. That they didn't wax simply luck.

On other occasions we didn't get that luck.and against far worse teams than Rangers. I like the high press with the right players or even just some of the right players with others learning. What Stendel did was what he wanted from the start. Any idea of pragmatism went out the window. Though Paisley? I have no idea what that was. But a lot of damage had been done before his arrival even so.

It worked well a few times. I think the problem initially was the players just didn’t buy into it. You seen them doing it for short periods in early DS games and then just reverting back to their usual style of play. I’m sort of conflicted a bit on who to blame for the poor results under Stendel. A part of me blames Stendel’s naivety but another part of me believes the players just couldn’t be ****ed putting the effort in for run of the mill league games (but could for bigger games, Hibs, rangers, aberdeen). Like you, Paisley I just don’t get, folk blaming Stendel for the side reverting back to straight up Levein tactics? Something happened behind the scenes and without knowing what went on in training and the dressing room it’ll remain a puzzle. 

alwaysthereinspirit

Philie Union 2018        Goals For      Against

49                 50

2019.            58                 50

I didn’t do 2020 as they only played 20 odd games due to COVID. Hard to be fair under those circumstances.

He’ll be a busy central defender with that “high press” style.

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just feel it takes longer than fourth months to get the guys ideas and his players, Rangers are now seeing the rewards by sticking by Gerrard and having faith in him. 

I have said now numerous times  he should have,along with his team, been retained. But short sightedness ended that. If you appoint someone with new ideas you shouldn't  bin it due to a curtailed season. Are we to believe the club's board didn't think DS could get Hearts promoted from this league? Hard one to swallow. If that is the case

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Rangers aside, I agree with this entirely. A lot of fans will always wonder what might have been. 

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It worked well a few times. I think the problem initially was the players just didn’t buy into it. You seen them doing it for short periods in early DS games and then just reverting back to their usual style of play. I’m sort of conflicted a bit on who to blame for the poor results under Stendel. A part of me blames Stendel’s naivety but another part of me believes the players just couldn’t be ****ed putting the effort in for run of the mill league games (but could for bigger games, Hibs, rangers, aberdeen). Like you, Paisley I just don’t get, folk blaming Stendel for the side reverting back to straight up Levein tactics? Something happened behind the scenes and without knowing what went on in training and the dressing room it’ll remain a puzzle. 

You have to give part of the blame to Stendel as saying  he only had months works both ways, meaning pushing through his ideas hurt some results when we were already vulnerable. Players? It can take time to play this style well, esp if the players really aren't that great to start with,  to do it. More blame if they didn't apply themselves fully to what they were being asked to do I.e. putting  themselves before the Club.

Edited by Riccarton3

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

You have to give part of the blame to Stendel as saying  he only had months works both ways, meaning pushing through his ideas hurt some results when we were already vulnerable. Players? It can take time to play this style well, esp if the players really aren't that great to start with,  to do it. More blame if they didn't apply themselves fully to what they were being asked to do I.e. putting  themselves before the Club.

Very fair. I don’t excuse Stendel from blame. Far from it, binning Pereira would have saved us enough points to stay off the bottom. Ultimately though, whether the players couldn’t play the system asked or wouldn’t play the system, deicides who carries the can imo. That might never be known. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very fair. I don’t excuse Stendel from blame. Far from it, binning Pereira would have saved us enough points to stay off the bottom. Ultimately though, whether the players couldn’t play the system asked or wouldn’t play the system, deicides who carries the can imo. That might never be known. 

Ultimately, responsibility lies with those that appoint and fire coaches. The problems Stendel and the players encountered were  created by the overall direction of the Club dictated from  from the Boardroom. That's the big picture.

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Ultimately, responsibility lies with those that appoint and fire coaches. The problems Stendel and the players encountered were  created by the overall direction of the Club dictated from  from the Boardroom. That's the big picture.

Of course. The problems with pay structure, signings, coaching and fitness (among other things) have been well debated. I was talking about who was more responsible for Stendel’s tactics not being successful enough to keep us up. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Of course. The problems with pay structure, signings, coaching and fitness (among other things) have been well debated. I was talking about who was more responsible for Stendel’s tactics not being successful enough to keep us up. 

Stendel gets the nod there imo as head coach. Though any  Hearts manager with any tactics should not have to be where the team was to start with. Been steady corrosion.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Apologies for not making myself clear. But high press seems to be the main tactic over there and not just from Philadelphia. That surely means Findlay won’t see any time on the ball and will be harassed into costly errors. I’d have thought that kind of tactic would be a defenders worst nightmare. It would be fair enough comment by SF If Philadelphia were one of a few teams doing it but they are not. 

edit. I do know what it is but how Findlay thinks it’ll work only makes sense if one side tries it and the other doesn’t. 

It helps centre halves if the midfield or forwards move into space quickly to receive the ball from the centre half.   That takes the pressure off the defenders immediately if both teams are pressing.   It relies on quick decisions, good passing and instinct.   If both teams press high, usually the team that's quicker wins, albeit with less mistakes to grant any turnovers.   The last I saw of philly they were very quick, great movement, well trained from the first team to the youths getting their games.   If a player went off they had an immediate competent replacement,  because they knew the job. 

Not all the clubs in mls play a high press.   You do get the ones that can't afford the players or coaches, so end up playing a 5-4-1. 4-5-1. 5-3-2.   You get the point.    Good for attempting to win the mls Cup but not in the long run to win the league/shield/conference whatever ☺ 

If he fancies himself as a competent player for philly then good luck to him.   To me it looks a tiring style to maintain throughout.   You have to be fit or just have a good backup to take your place when your tired. 

What’s Frankie boy doing these days. He’d be a good fit for Hearts.

You know who I mean Frankie Boy Lampard .

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's hard to argue with too much of what Gary Mackay has said there. I certainly echo his comments about McEneff because I said the exact same thing after watching us away to QOS.

When McEneff joined, all the puff pieces I read about what kind of player he was pointed to his ability to get into the box and score goals. I'm sure Robbie Neilson himself said this was one of the main reasons for signing him. He was bringing that ability into the squad, something we didn't really have up until that point. 

Well none of that tallies up with what McEneff has been asked to do so far in a Hearts jersey. He spends most of his time sitting in a deeper role passing the ball to people in front of him. He rarely sees the opposition's penalty area. If you sign a player because he's a good box to box midfielder then surely you have to allow him the freedom to get into the opposition's box? It doesn't make sense otherwise.

It's the Hearts way these days. You could say that for over a dozen midfielders signed over the last five years or so. As i've said in other posts, doesn't matter who is signed, all the midfielders will be coached into playing defensively, if not at first, they will eventually. It's the "in thing" at the moment. McEneff will start out fairly confident then buck the trend. Three to four months seems to be the normal timescale of this happening. Expecting fullbacks to become wingers is another "in thing" currently. Let defenders defend and attackers attack. Whatever Neilson has said, i take with a pinch of salt. It tends to go in one ear and out the other. I've even found myself fast-forwarding his interviews a couple of times. You know what he'll say so not really worth a listen. And if that's a fan showing a lack of interest in his ramblings, you wonder if some of the players seem to not hear or want to hear him either.

eyesandears
On 22/02/2021 at 13:09, eyesandears said:

Undoubtedly keep him as he's a winner at this level and give him a chance next season as he's shown he has the quality to succeed in the top flight. His league record as a Head Coach and Manager in Scotland is very good. But I accept I'll sacrifice entertaining football if that's the cost of Hearts winning football and end-of-season success. 

2020/21 - Top from start until now and probably until finish. Champions elect.

WWWLWWWWWLWLWWWDD

2019/20 - Top from start to finish with DUFC - a team that had failed for the previous four seasons. Champions.

WWWWLWWLLWWWWWWWWWDWWDLDWLDD

2016/17 - Leaves Hearts in 2nd place in Premiership after 15 games losing only three games

LDWWWLDWWLDDDWW

2015/16 - 3rd place finish in Premiership, 9 points ahead of 4th and qualifying for Europe.

WWWWWLLLDDWWWWDDLWWDDWDWLWWWWLLWDLLDWD

2014/15 - Top from start to finish with a club just out of admin setting records. Champions

WWWWDWWWWWDWWWWWWWDWLWWWWWWWWWLWLWWD

Still dominant.

2020/21 - Top from start until now and even more probably until finish. Champions elect.

WWWLWWWWWLWLWWWDDDW

• 2 weeks later...
jack D and coke
On 02/03/2021 at 18:21, WageThief said:

You can open in an incognito window.  It has 2 purposes!

----

Like every Hearts supporter, I’ve been forced to watch games at home this season as the club look to get back to the top flight of Scottish football. It was good to see the game first hand. When you watch it on the TV you try to make logical judgement about the team and players and it’s not always as easy.

So it gives me no pleasure to say this, but I thought overall it was a poor and negative performance from the away side.

I’m a bit concerned because we’ve brought in someone like Aaron McEneff who looks like he could be a right good player if he’s given the freedom to break from the midfield, but he’s being held back a bit. He’s someone I see in the mould of a Colin Cameron as a player who wants to get on the ball and has the energy to drive forward. But he seems to be curtailed in doing that.

Then there’s Andy Halliday. If I was the former Rangers midfielder, I'd find it difficult to play in this team. He’s got a really negative role. So many times he was instructed from the touchline to do something different than what he wanted to do, from what was his natural game. I would’ve found that hard. It would’ve bamboozled me and, as a player, you begin to question your own individual ability.

Maybe the game has changed these days, but I always remember former managers like Alex McDonald and Jim Jefferies setting us out to go and win games against teams like Bayern Munich, Austria Vienna and Red Star Belgrade. We were sent out with a positive mindset from training during the week that this was the system that Hearts were playing and it was up to the opposition to worry about us. I look at this team now and I think they’re being asked to stop opponents rather than just concentrating on winning the game.

It was like a game of chess being played from the sideline. If it’s a Celtic or a Hibs in a cup game then fair enough because they’re in a league above us just now. Should a Hearts side with six internationals in the starting XI be playing that way against Inverness?

After the last three games, draws against Queen of the South away, Morton at home and Inverness CT away, we're really fortunate that the teams behind us haven’t managed to put runs together, though I’m sure we’ll limp over the line.

I don’t want to be negative. I’m tried as hard as possible recently to be positive because I was only watching these performances on the TV and there’s a lot of stuff you can miss. I also really like Robbie. I respect him as a manager and as an individual. I didn’t want to come away from the game being as negative as this, but when I look at the squad of players that we have, we’re definitely not getting the best out of them at this moment in time.

Who is this, Mackay?

I originally voted to give him next season. However, I cant change my vote to get rid of him now.

I'm a manager at my work. If I performed like robbie, I would, quite rightly, be out of work.

On 02/03/2021 at 19:39, GinRummy said:

Rangers aside, I agree with this entirely. A lot of fans will always wonder what might have been. 

Ok, five months is longer than four months but five months is how long Nielson has had since league started. You agree he needs to get a good bit longer I presume ? Just like Gerard? 

18 minutes ago, superjack said:

I originally voted to give him next season. However, I cant change my vote to get rid of him now.

I'm a manager at my work. If I performed like robbie, I would, quite rightly, be out of work.

Would you really get sacked fir  managing the company with the best results in your industry sector? 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ok, five months is longer than four months but five months is how long Nielson has had since league started. You agree he needs to get a good bit longer I presume ? Just like Gerard? 

Definitely. He’s had two windows under difficult circumstances and will get us promoted. Despite my frustrations with him he gets time for me. 

On 02/03/2021 at 19:58, GinRummy said:

Perreira, Avdidjaj and Langer suggests Stendel would never have been successful at Hearts. Maybe not at any club going forward. His success at Barnsley is beginning to look like a fluke.  Another manager/player moving from English football who completely under-estimated Scottish football. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Definitely. He’s had two windows under difficult circumstances and will get us promoted. Despite my frustrations with him he gets time for me. 

👍

32 minutes ago, superjack said:

Would you?  His objective for the season is to get us promoted, which he'll do comfortably.

I'd suggest if your work gave you a target you hit easily and you were sacked you'd have pretty good grounds for complaint

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Perreira, Avdidjaj and Langer suggests Stendel would never have been successful at Hearts. Maybe not at any club going forward. His success at Barnsley is beginning to look like a fluke.  Another manager/player moving from English football who completely under-estimated Scottish football. 

Probably better to suggest that the players Stendel inherited at Hearts - of which Perreira was one - meant he’d never be successful. Mainly because the very vast majority of those players were shite. 

Let’s not forget that it was Stendel who signed Boyce, or is that not selective enough for you.

59 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Probably better to suggest that the players Stendel inherited at Hearts - of which Perreira was one - meant he’d never be successful. Mainly because the very vast majority of those players were shite. 

Let’s not forget that it was Stendel who signed Boyce, or is that not selective enough for you.

Next time you are talking to Boyce  ask him who was Hearts manager when he was first asked if he was interested in coming to Hearts. Also ask him if he had any second thoughts when that manager left the club. 
I agree that you can only judge a managers ability in the market based on players they sign. Advijaj and Langer were Stendels guys. Completely under-estimated what was required to survive last season and as a result signed those two who made virtually no contribution. 

It must be obvious to 99% of the support that Neilson doesn’t know what he’s doing. We watch a team that is a shambles, a team that makes you angry then laughing at the stupid mistakes they make. Bad Tactics, coaching, team selection and stupid excuses is what Robbie Neilson is now known for. He has to go ASAP or at least the end of the season.

I have backed Robbie since coming back. And was glad he got the chance to come back as I think at times he got unfair criticism first time round. 

But I am starting to question whether he is the right guy for the job. We have played poorly so often this season; we still look like we have no real playing style or idea how we are gonna win games. 

I think he deserves to see this season out, but we really need to see some sort of improvement in the last few games of the season, and a wee run in the Cup would help as well. 

Brick Tamland
22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It must be obvious to 99% of the support that Neilson doesn’t know what he’s doing. We watch a team that is a shambles, a team that makes you angry then laughing at the stupid mistakes they make. Bad Tactics, coaching, team selection and stupid excuses is what Robbie Neilson is now known for. He has to go ASAP or at least the end of the season.

The league table would beg to differ that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. We are 16 points ahead of 2nd place who are closer to bottom of the league than the top. Pesky facts getting in the way....

9A75BD6E-D794-43ED-97FD-09482630260A.jpeg

56 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

"99%"....you're doing your usual talking absolute garbage. Around 0.8% of the 30,000plus JKB members voted to oust Neilson now in the above poll. That's a mere couple of hundred, albeit noisy, tiny minority most of whom post endless anti-Hearts/Budge/FoH/Neilson drivel here on thread after thread after thread......almost as if they have an agenda.

Could we be playing better?..yes, but we're winning the league at a canter. The overwhelming silent majority of supporters will, as always, see reason and support Neilson through, and well into, next season. Just like they support the people/actions/recommendations of the FoH board when offered a vote. 

Edited by ADAM

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Next time you are talking to Boyce  ask him who was Hearts manager when he was first asked if he was interested in coming to Hearts. Also ask him if he had any second thoughts when that manager left the club. 
I agree that you can only judge a managers ability in the market based on players they sign. Advijaj and Langer were Stendels guys. Completely under-estimated what was required to survive last season and as a result signed those two who made virtually no contribution. 

The next time I talk to Boyce will be the first time I’ve talked to Boyce.

Stendel was manager when he signed. End of.

On 21/02/2021 at 15:55, tian447 said:

Be interested to see replacement suggestions from people saying "Right Now", who are currently available (in which case, we have to ask why), realistic, affordable, and capable - mainly because there aren't many options out there.

So we keep a manager that’s taking us nowhere due to it being difficult to find a replacement? The same manager that pointed out how he was going to fix our lack of pace and signed 5 wingers and now plays with no wingers as they’ve all been woeful🤷‍♂️

Edited by Russ1977

Brick Tamland
57 minutes ago, ADAM said:

"99%"....you're doing your usual talking absolute garbage. Around 0.8% of the 30,000plus JKB members voted to oust Neilson now in the above poll. That's a mere couple of hundred, albeit noisy, tiny minority most of whom post endless anti-Hearts/Budge/FoH/Neilson drivel here on thread after thread after thread......almost as if they have an agenda.

Could we be playing better?..yes, but we're winning the league at a canter. The overwhelming silent majority of supporters will, as always, see reason and support Neilson through, and well into, next season. Just like they support the people/actions/recommendations of the FoH board when offered a vote. 

Very much this 

Bazzas right boot

If folk change their mind either way after a 0-0 draw then they need to reflect on football and if it's for them.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

So we keep a manager that’s taking us nowhere due to it being difficult to find a replacement? The same manager that pointed out how he was going to fix our lack of pace and signed 5 wingers and now plays with no wingers as they’ve all been woeful🤷‍♂️

Promotion= no where?

Where do you want to go from the championship?

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Fair.

Despite your emotional turns which are understandable you are becoming one of  my favourite posters.

The abuse you taken on another thread was out of order, despite it being form a poster who I agree with.

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair.

Despite your emotional turns which are understandable you are becoming one of  my favourite posters.

The abuse you taken on another thread was out of order, despite it being form a poster who I agree with.

Thanks. Like you, any abuse just goes in one proverbial ear and out the other. We all want the same things at the end of the day. Out of this league and the coaches and squad to cope with next season. 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Promotion= no where?

Where do you want to go from the championship?

I think you know what I mean. Huffing and puffing to win the weakest championship in years. Team full of journeymen who look like they are going through the motions. Another season of poor signings so a huge rebuild job about to start again. We’ve changed manager numerous times, huge turnover off players yearly but seem to be getting worse not better. 

15 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I think you know what I mean. Huffing and puffing to win the weakest championship in years. Team full of journeymen who look like they are going through the motions. Another season of poor signings so a huge rebuild job about to start again. We’ve changed manager numerous times, huge turnover off players yearly but seem to be getting worse not better. 

You'll be told you're wrong and that it's actually "the most competitive championship in years". Completely ignoring the fact that it's only "competitive" between 9 of the 10 teams because each and every one of them is absolute f****** dug shite - and considering almost a quarter of them are part timers it wouldn't be fair to expect anything more.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

I think we've pissed the league without breaking a sweat. 

I'm Quietly confident about next season. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If folk change their mind either way after a 0-0 draw then they need to reflect on football and if it's for them.

If folk are happy with the performances this season then I think they have to reflect on why they support the 3rd biggest club in the country.

With some of the comments they come out with, supporting Motherwell, St.Mirren, Dunfermline etc would be better suited to them.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

What about if they spent three years telling everyone that Levein would get it right?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What about if they spent three years telling everyone that Levein would get it right?

Who did that? 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

If folk are happy with the performances this season then I think they have to reflect on why they support the 3rd biggest club in the country.

With some of the comments they come out with, supporting Motherwell, St.Mirren, Dunfermline etc would be better suited to them.

Aye, it's shite winning games, pissing promotion and going on unbeaten runs. 

Absolute shite. 

Jeffros Furios
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Oh aye, who :lol:

The guy's lack of self awareness  is breathtaking 

Stick him on ignore !! 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)