Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

Boyces beard
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Read today that the Killie defender chose USA over us due to style of play.

Got a link gambo?  i would like to read that mate

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Read today that the Killie defender chose USA over us due to style of play.

Good one!

If you actually understand what he's saying, it's the game over-all with the battling and rushing and hoofing of Scottish football.

29 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Good one!

If you actually understand what he's saying, it's the game over-all with the battling and rushing and hoofing of Scottish football.

Correct.

If you actually understood that Robbie as a manager is part of the battling/rushing/hoof football that Findlay wanted away from.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I see this morning, Robbie rolling out the poor pitch excuse for the last few games results. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-admits-hearts-can-be-miles-better-as-he-pinpoints-areas-needing-to-improve-3149527

Despite our return of 3 points in last three games, somehow QOS have managed to grind out 9 points and even Arbroath have claimed 7 points. 

Why are we unable to 'grind out' this sort of return?

You seen the league table? 

You want us to have a similar return to that of QoS or Arbroath? 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Gambo said:

The more he speaks the more he drives a wedge between him and the fans.

Excuses excuses excuses.

No he doesn't. 

The wedge for some will alway be there, nothing from knocking hibs out the sc to winning the championship again will change that. 

They've wanted him out since November, 6 weeks into the season. 

The rest will decide on results, like reasonable folk.

11 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I see this morning, Robbie rolling out the poor pitch excuse for the last few games results. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/robbie-neilson-admits-hearts-can-be-miles-better-as-he-pinpoints-areas-needing-to-improve-3149527

Despite our return of 3 points in last three games, somehow QOS have managed to grind out 9 points and even Arbroath have claimed 7 points. 

I'm not on the "Robbie Oot Train" but I am sick to death of listening to this Levein-like bollox. 

The defence isn't good enough ( tho he didn't mention it) and his team started poorly - again. 

Unlike Levein he seems to know what to do to fix it, apparently  - but no improvements in performances.

But  the pitches, oh, the pitches. Seriously, GTF with that patter. 

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You seen the league table? 

You want us to have a similar return to that of QoS or Arbroath? 

Aye because QOS and Arbroath are the clubs we measure Hearts against.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Aye because QOS and Arbroath are the clubs we measure Hearts against.

They are our competition this season unfortunately as they were in 14/15. Of course after 19 games in 14/15 Hibs were level with points with QoS on 32 pts, just 6 pts behind Rangers. We of course were out of sight on 51 thanks to our current manager and we're 15 ahead of the plucky doonhamers this season. 

:verysmug:

Edited by ToqueJambo

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No he doesn't. 

The wedge for some will alway be there, nothing from knocking hibs out the sc to winning the championship again will change that. 

They've wanted him out since November, 6 weeks into the season. 

The rest will decide on results, like reasonable folk.

Some will decide on results only.

Some will decide on our style of play only.

Some will decide on performances only.

Some will decide on personality only.

Some will choose to see the bigger picture.

Some will decide on whether we are getting the best out of the players.

Some will decide whether we are getting the best out of the facilities and backing available to us.

Etc etc etc

But everyone will choose their own opinion one way or another.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

They are our competition this season unfortunately as they were in 14/15. Of course after 19 games in 14/15 Hibs were level with points with QoS on 32 pts, just 6 pts behind Rangers. We of course were out of sight on 51 thanks to our current manager and we're 15 ahead of the plucky doonhamers this season. 

:verysmug:

You and your fellow cheerleader are great at just spamming up the boards with the most stupid of posts - this is a perfect example of your puerile behaviour. You guys really need to get a life. It's beyond tedious and quite troubling now. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You and your fellow cheerleader are great at just spamming up the boards with the most stupid of posts - this is a perfect example of your puerile behaviour. You guys really need to get a life. It's beyond tedious and quite troubling now. 

I like to provide rays of hope and optimism amidst all the gloom.

20 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Much better to be whining and moaning and whining and moaning and whining and moaning and whining and moaning and whining and moaning and whining and moaning.

Nowt tedious about that of course.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Correct.

If you actually understood that Robbie as a manager is part of the battling/rushing/hoof football that Findlay wanted away from.

Which Robbie is that?

The battling/rushing/hoof football Robbie?

or

The pass it about and not getting the ball forward quick enough Robbie?

or

The Robbie will never be right for some regardless Robbie? 

Edited by colinmaroon

11 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Which Robbie is that?

or

or

The Robbie that plays more eye bleeding football than not in a very poor league.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

They've wanted him out since November

There's a huge body of the Hearts support that never wanted him in the first place. 

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Which Robbie is that?

or

or

Come on you know which Robbie it is with these people. It's the Phoodle Robbie of course!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The EEN is just a mouthpiece for Neilson, same as it was for Levein and the same as it has always been for Budge. The club’s hierarchy get a free ride. Likewise FOH.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The EEN is just a mouthpiece for Neilson, same as it was for Levein and the same as it has always been for Budge. The club’s hierarchy get a free ride. Likewise FOH.

Yip, it's time we stepped up the graffiti, phoodle posters  and personal hate campaign.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Tedious... 

😂😂😂😂😂

From a poster banging on about how shite we are and wants the manager gone. 

Facts are often tedious tho, better just slavering absolute tripe and calling folk names. 

Much more fun. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

And the Hearts supporters see it as the Evening Hibby!

Who'd have thunk it?

9 hours ago, jambo3tevie said:

Got a link gambo?  i would like to read that mate

“The way the team plays suits me as a player so everything fell into place for me. I have been at Kilmarnock for four or five seasons and they play a defensive game. When I heard of the high-pressing Union play with, that suits me down the ground.”

MLS is great to watch for entertainment.    Lots of high pressing and constant attacking, counters, slack defending and poor keepers makes for plenty goals.   Obviously the clubs try to hire experienced defensive players from Europe to help stop the defensive errors.   

I would rate Philadelphia Union as a great club for high pace attacking football.    They produce excellent youth players to suit their style.   At least this was my view and knowledge two year back.   There are plenty other top clubs that adopt similar style but I didn't notice them as successful as Philadelphia. 

Having posted this opinion...  The difference between MLS and SPFL is simple.   The style is different but only one league has a consequence of being reckless.   MLS has no relegation.   They can afford to attack, attack, counter, attack, lose goals, score goals, win sometimes, lose alot.   They can continue with their philosophy to be brilliant looking at a cost of being unsuccessful.   Then bounce back again the following year to win the league even though they finished last previously.   

SPFL clubs  have to be cautious because there is a risk.   Albeit from some clubs point of view they also have to make a push sometimes to gain promotion or a championship.  Examples, Hearts, old firm.   There is expectancy and pressure to win and gain success more than entertain. 

So...   For Findlay to say MLS is better is his opinion, because it suits his style.  I personally think the SPFL is more competitive although the clubs are less lucrative to get higher quality players...   They do well with what they've got.   

All the best to Findlay at Philadelpia Union.  

He'll stay if the majority of so-called un-ambitious "supporters" are happy, that way they can go back to focus their attention on Granny's allotment :(   

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, Gambo said:

The Robbie that plays more eye bleeding football than not in a very poor league.

Obfuscation!

9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

MLS is great to watch for entertainment.    Lots of high pressing and constant attacking, counters, slack defending and poor keepers makes for plenty goals.   Obviously the clubs try to hire experienced defensive players from Europe to help stop the defensive errors.   

I would rate Philadelphia Union as a great club for high pace attacking football.    They produce excellent youth players to suit their style.   At least this was my view and knowledge two year back.   There are plenty other top clubs that adopt similar style but I didn't notice them as successful as Philadelphia. 

Having posted this opinion...  The difference between MLS and SPFL is simple.   The style is different but only one league has a consequence of being reckless.   MLS has no relegation.   They can afford to attack, attack, counter, attack, lose goals, score goals, win sometimes, lose alot.   They can continue with their philosophy to be brilliant looking at a cost of being unsuccessful.   Then bounce back again the following year to win the league even though they finished last previously.   

SPFL clubs  have to be cautious because there is a risk.   Albeit from some clubs point of view they also have to make a push sometimes to gain promotion or a championship.  Examples, Hearts, old firm.   There is expectancy and pressure to win and gain success more than entertain. 

So...   For Findlay to say MLS is better is his opinion, because it suits his style.  I personally think the SPFL is more competitive although the clubs are less lucrative to get higher quality players...   They do well with what they've got.   

All the best to Findlay at Philadelpia Union.  

Good post. Didn't realise they had no relegation. Be a real winner for some coaches that.

Robbie is just turning fans against him with the rubbish he's coming out with. Does he not understand although the fans are not allowed to attend game we're watching the games on the telly. His coaching, team selection added to his excuses just make me cringe and wonder if he knows how to manage a football team. 

Edited by mitch41
Spelling

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

“The way the team plays suits me as a player so everything fell into place for me. I have been at Kilmarnock for four or five seasons and they play a defensive game. When I heard of the high-pressing Union play with, that suits me down the ground.”

Always said Clarke was at best pragmatic in his approach, despite some on here championing Killie as an Ayrshire Brazil. 

Got results tho, doing the same with Scotland. 

Not all about "flair".

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Always said Clarke was at best pragmatic in his approach, despite some on here championing Killie as an Ayrshire Brazil. 

Not all about "flair".

Can’t be bothered finding bongo’s post from 15 hours ago but why would a central defender like a high pressing game. Doesn’t it just mean he’s going to get no time on the ball and harassed into making silly mistakes and ultimately look stupid. 

I’m clearly missing something but I have given it some thought and I don’t get it. 

Interesting comments from Gary Mackay in the EEN, he was at the Inverness game, mentions the instructions Halliday and McEneff were receiving from the sidelines, really disappointing to hear.

gordiegords
21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Robbie is just turning fans against him with the rubbish he's coming out with. Does he not understand although the fans are not allowed to attend game we're watching the games on the telly. His coaching, team selection added to his excuses just make my cringe and wonder if he knows how to manage a football team. 

I dont think he does, his excuses are empty words, no style to the play, certanily no plan b, crap.

Edited by gordiegords

Just now, feej said:

Interesting comments from Gary Mackay in the EEN, he was at the Inverness game, mentions the instructions Halliday and McEneff were receiving from the sidelines, really disappointing to hear.

What were they? I’ve used up my stories and not into registering. 

gordiegords
5 minutes ago, feej said:

Sad, side note but i wonder for what reason GM was allowed to attend the game? 🤔

1 minute ago, gordiegords said:

Sad, side note but i wonder for what reason GM was allowed to attend the game? 🤔

Journalist. 

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

What were they? I’ve used up my stories and not into registering. 

You can open in an incognito window.  It has 2 purposes!

----

Like every Hearts supporter, I’ve been forced to watch games at home this season as the club look to get back to the top flight of Scottish football. It was good to see the game first hand. When you watch it on the TV you try to make logical judgement about the team and players and it’s not always as easy.

So it gives me no pleasure to say this, but I thought overall it was a poor and negative performance from the away side.

I’m a bit concerned because we’ve brought in someone like Aaron McEneff who looks like he could be a right good player if he’s given the freedom to break from the midfield, but he’s being held back a bit. He’s someone I see in the mould of a Colin Cameron as a player who wants to get on the ball and has the energy to drive forward. But he seems to be curtailed in doing that.

Then there’s Andy Halliday. If I was the former Rangers midfielder, I'd find it difficult to play in this team. He’s got a really negative role. So many times he was instructed from the touchline to do something different than what he wanted to do, from what was his natural game. I would’ve found that hard. It would’ve bamboozled me and, as a player, you begin to question your own individual ability.

Maybe the game has changed these days, but I always remember former managers like Alex McDonald and Jim Jefferies setting us out to go and win games against teams like Bayern Munich, Austria Vienna and Red Star Belgrade. We were sent out with a positive mindset from training during the week that this was the system that Hearts were playing and it was up to the opposition to worry about us. I look at this team now and I think they’re being asked to stop opponents rather than just concentrating on winning the game.

It was like a game of chess being played from the sideline. If it’s a Celtic or a Hibs in a cup game then fair enough because they’re in a league above us just now. Should a Hearts side with six internationals in the starting XI be playing that way against Inverness?

After the last three games, draws against Queen of the South away, Morton at home and Inverness CT away, we're really fortunate that the teams behind us haven’t managed to put runs together, though I’m sure we’ll limp over the line.

I don’t want to be negative. I’m tried as hard as possible recently to be positive because I was only watching these performances on the TV and there’s a lot of stuff you can miss. I also really like Robbie. I respect him as a manager and as an individual. I didn’t want to come away from the game being as negative as this, but when I look at the squad of players that we have, we’re definitely not getting the best out of them at this moment in time.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not all about "flair".

Yeah i wonder what style he's reckons we play. 

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

You can open in an incognito window.  It has 2 purposes!

----

Like every Hearts supporter, I’ve been forced to watch games at home this season as the club look to get back to the top flight of Scottish football. It was good to see the game first hand. When you watch it on the TV you try to make logical judgement about the team and players and it’s not always as easy.

So it gives me no pleasure to say this, but I thought overall it was a poor and negative performance from the away side.

I’m a bit concerned because we’ve brought in someone like Aaron McEneff who looks like he could be a right good player if he’s given the freedom to break from the midfield, but he’s being held back a bit. He’s someone I see in the mould of a Colin Cameron as a player who wants to get on the ball and has the energy to drive forward. But he seems to be curtailed in doing that.

Then there’s Andy Halliday. If I was the former Rangers midfielder, I'd find it difficult to play in this team. He’s got a really negative role. So many times he was instructed from the touchline to do something different than what he wanted to do, from what was his natural game. I would’ve found that hard. It would’ve bamboozled me and, as a player, you begin to question your own individual ability.

Maybe the game has changed these days, but I always remember former managers like Alex McDonald and Jim Jefferies setting us out to go and win games against teams like Bayern Munich, Austria Vienna and Red Star Belgrade. We were sent out with a positive mindset from training during the week that this was the system that Hearts were playing and it was up to the opposition to worry about us. I look at this team now and I think they’re being asked to stop opponents rather than just concentrating on winning the game.

It was like a game of chess being played from the sideline. If it’s a Celtic or a Hibs in a cup game then fair enough because they’re in a league above us just now. Should a Hearts side with six internationals in the starting XI be playing that way against Inverness?

After the last three games, draws against Queen of the South away, Morton at home and Inverness CT away, we're really fortunate that the teams behind us haven’t managed to put runs together, though I’m sure we’ll limp over the line.

I don’t want to be negative. I’m tried as hard as possible recently to be positive because I was only watching these performances on the TV and there’s a lot of stuff you can miss. I also really like Robbie. I respect him as a manager and as an individual. I didn’t want to come away from the game being as negative as this, but when I look at the squad of players that we have, we’re definitely not getting the best out of them at this moment in time.

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t be bothered finding bongo’s post from 15 hours ago but why would a central defender like a high pressing game. Doesn’t it just mean he’s going to get no time on the ball and harassed into making silly mistakes and ultimately look stupid. 

I’m clearly missing something but I have given it some thought and I don’t get it. 

Why would a defender like a high pressing game?. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Why would a defender like a high pressing game?. 

That’s what I’m asking aye?

No Idle Talk

It's hard to argue with too much of what Gary Mackay has said there. I certainly echo his comments about McEneff because I said the exact same thing after watching us away to QOS.

When McEneff joined, all the puff pieces I read about what kind of player he was pointed to his ability to get into the box and score goals. I'm sure Robbie Neilson himself said this was one of the main reasons for signing him. He was bringing that ability into the squad, something we didn't really have up until that point. 

Well none of that tallies up with what McEneff has been asked to do so far in a Hearts jersey. He spends most of his time sitting in a deeper role passing the ball to people in front of him. He rarely sees the opposition's penalty area. If you sign a player because he's a good box to box midfielder then surely you have to allow him the freedom to get into the opposition's box? It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Edited by No Idle Talk

8 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's hard to argue with too much of what Gary Mackay has said there. I certainly echo his comments about McEneff because I said the exact same thing after watching us away to QOS.

When McEneff joined, all the puff pieces I read about what kind of player he was pointed to his ability to get into the box and score goals. I'm sure Robbie Neilson himself said this was one of the main reasons for signing him. He was bringing that ability into the squad, something we didn't really have up until that point. 

Well none of that tallies up with what McEneff has been asked to do so far in a Hearts jersey. He spends most of his time sitting in a deeper role passing the ball to people in front of him. He rarely sees the opposition's penalty area. If you sign a player because he's a good box to box midfielder then surely you have to allow him the freedom to get into the opposition's box? It doesn't make sense otherwise.

This is spot on.....  Makes no sense what Robbie is doing.   Same as signing a target man and still playing 1 up !!......

13 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Freedom is not something Hearts players are offered by the manager.

35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s what I’m asking aye?

High press describes an attacking tactic employed by a team that defends high up the pitch and inside the opposition's half. Teams use a high press to defend far away from goal. The team's forwards are usually the main instigators of this tactic.

Most teams want defenders to have good ball playing attributes. 

If you see Findlays interview he's mentions the style. 

Findlay has been attracted by the team’s style of play under sporting director Ernst Tanner and head coach Jim Curtin.

The left-sided centre-back believes it is the place where it will suit his style and take his game on to the next level.

He explained: “I've been involved with Kilmarnock for the last four or five seasons and they play a lot more of a defensive game so when I heard about the high pressing, high tempo energy Union play with I think it suits me down to the ground because one of my main attributes is the pace that I have and if we are playing that way, pushing high up the park trying to press, hopefully I can use my pace to cover in behind.

“I think it will bring me on as a player because it suits me more as a player and hopefully thrive playing that sort of football.”

He said: “Every football team would love to be able to play that way because it’s attractive to watch, it’s what fans want to see when they come into the stadiums,” Findlay said. “To come here and know that I’m going to be playing that sort of football, it’s real exciting. You watch the top clubs in Europe do it now, and it’s exhilarating when you watch it on the field. 

Now if you look at Rangers/Gerrard, they have the best defensive record for goals conceded this season,playing a high press. 

Stendel at Barnsley before his team got ripped apart.

The fans warmed to him straight away. He came across as an ordinary guy, a man of the people, and a lot of the players who had struggled in the relegation season suddenly came into their own.

Barnsley hit the ground running under him. They had a really strong home record - they didn’t lose at Oakwell in the whole of last season - and they also had the best defensive record in the whole of the EFL last term. Daniel was very keen on having defensive strength and organisation and pressing teams with high energy, but when they had the ball it was all about attacking teams with fast-paced football.

Article from scotsman, evening news. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/leon-wobschall-inside-story-daniel-stendels-reign-barnsley-1330765%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwjC25ztpJLvAhVQWRUIHRzODlcQFjAJegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw3pRqLS-UEuhXPyIn918bIH&ampcf=1

Leeds with Bielsa, Man City Pep. 

Kloop Liverpool. 

Our first goal against rangers that day halket high pressing 

Rangers first goal high pressing Kent. https://youtu.be/8G-FKgXqowA

Edited by Bongo 1874

Apologies for not making myself clear. But high press seems to be the main tactic over there and not just from Philadelphia. That surely means Findlay won’t see any time on the ball and will be harassed into costly errors. I’d have thought that kind of tactic would be a defenders worst nightmare. It would be fair enough comment by SF If Philadelphia were one of a few teams doing it but they are not. 

edit. I do know what it is but how Findlay thinks it’ll work only makes sense if one side tries it and the other doesn’t. 

Edited by GinRummy

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Apologies for not making myself clear. But high press seems to be the main tactic over there and not just from Philadelphia. That surely means Findlay won’t see any time on the ball and will be harassed into costly errors. I’d have thought that kind of tactic would be a defenders worst nightmare. It would be fair enough comment by SF If Philadelphia were one of a few teams doing it but they are not. 

edit. I do know what it is but how Findlay thinks it’ll work only makes sense if one side tries it and the other doesn’t. 

Don't agree Leeds, played Man City this season at home, both played a High press. 

Was one of the best games I've watched this season. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't agree Leeds, played Man City this season at home, both played a High press. 

Was one of the best games I've watched this season. 

I’m not saying it wasn’t. What I’m asking is if both teams press high up the park them surely central defenders are going to be under a lot of pressure. I’m not slating the tactic, I loved it when we played it well under stendel. I am questioning why a central defender would want to play in a league where it’s commonplace. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not saying it wasn’t. What I’m asking is if both teams press high up the park them surely central defenders are going to be under a lot of pressure. I’m not slating the tactic, I loved it when we played it well under stendel. I am questioning why a central defender would want to play in a league where it’s commonplace. 

Maybe he enjoys a challenge. Already highlighted his pace as a benefit. Pressure should really be expected if you want  to improve.

Edited by Riccarton3

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe he enjoys a challenge. Already highlighted his pace as a benefit. Pressure should really be expected to improve.

Could well be the reason. Would certainly suit a pacey defender. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Could well be the reason. Would certainly suit a pacey defender. 

The example given above is one where the high press brought a result. If you look at the game Rangers should really have scored 5. That they didn't wax simply luck.

On other occasions we didn't get that luck.and against far worse teams than Rangers. I like the high press with the right players or even just some of the right players with others learning. What Stendel did was what he wanted from the start. Any idea of pragmatism went out the window. Though Paisley? I have no idea what that was. But a lot of damage had been done before his arrival even so.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)