Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

We are rubbish a truly awful watch. 
I don’t understand how anyone can see anything positive here, we shouldn’t be anywhere near this league - in the 80s we were there as we had no money and crap managers and owners. Now we have the money and squad (maybe not the squad) so that must mean the manager(s) and owner are out their depth and not fit for purpose. 
I must watch a different game or not be on medication, some people actually think this is an acceptable return for the money and size of club. 
We should be top 3 in the country (challenging with Hibs and Aberdeen but they are miles ahead(
We currently draw with Morton QOTS and Inverness and play a brand of cannot be arsed today football. 

Seen every other team in the league and we are better/ more exciting than them. 

We need to improve, imo the starts and finishing our chances tho, not scoring first is making things really difficult. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Seen every other team in the league and we are better/ more exciting than them. 

We need to improve, imo the starts and finishing our chances tho, not scoring first is making things really difficult. 

My staring position is we shouldn’t be near this league. 
We will get out of it but appear no stronger than the set up that some how got us there. 

We have no real domination in games other than the last 5 mins, the cavalry charge when the players think I better try and we use our bench. 
It’s complete underperformance and the sad thing is, has become an acceptable level. 
The level we are it is embarrassing and nothing on the pitch shows we aren’t in the appropriate place. Top of a pretty poor pile is my view. 
I know we all want success, this isn’t success this is about restoring some pride and that’s barely happening. 

Spitonastranger

Saw the team last night,decided not to watch the game. Sat in my room listening to the new Mogwai album with a bottle of wine. I had a great night and mad the right decision 👍

The Grim Reaper
15 minutes ago, FTH said:

Oh **** off, you can't just cry "FAKE NEWS!" when someone has a different opinion to you.

The only thing I'm going to comment on is "still unsure why a 27 game season is a thing" it's a thing because that's the length of the season we are currently playing in. It is significantly shorter than usual and as such means any prolonged runs of poor form during the season are going to have a greater impact than they would if there were 36 games. It doesn't have to be anyone's "fault" that there are only 27 games it is just the reality of the situation. But you seem to struggle to grasp reality so it's no surprise.

I've lost interest in debating this as you struggle to read or at least comprehend anything. Maybe if you took off the blinkers and then the rose tinted glasses it might help. I doubt it but you never know.

Anyway I'm done now, so how does it go again?

Just a fake news rant #ROBBIE4EVA

The guy is a troll and an utter dunce.

Like he did with Levein, he will happily sit back and watch our decline. **** knows what his motivation for doing so is. 

8 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Like he did with Levein, he will happily sit back and watch our decline. **** knows what his motivation for doing so is. 

BD74A333-8267-4A75-BD21-2B7A078F086E.gif

17 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Yep, I thought with some reasoned debate it might actually be worth while but he/she doesn't even read posts fully. They just look for words in a sentence that they recognise and make them fit what they want to see. It's like Neilson, how can I twist this to defend myself and not lose. Ignore everything that's actually presented in-front of them.

27 games, why do you keep saying 27 games. I knew about 27 games all along, but 27 games doesn't matter, 27 games is FAKE NEWS!!! and doesn't make any difference. While ignoring the commentary around why it was even mentioned in the first place. Ignores the TRUE FACT (not FAKE NEWS) that 3 games is >10% of the season and in the last 3 games we've dropped 6 points and scored only 3 goals, very much the sign of a poor run of form, especially considering the 2 results before that were scrapped 1-0's (1 of which was only achieved with the aid of a penalty). But hey, if you just shout FAKE NEWS!! loud enough while smiling and clapping everything will be fine.

It's FAKE NEWS that Hearts haven't won in 3 matches.

Neilson and the team get a lot of stick on here, I understand a lot of people will say we are top of the league and that was the aim, why are people moaning? Personally for me I think the worrying thing isn’t the fact of recent results or performances. It’s the fact that it’s off the back of what has felt like a constant regression for 5 years now. I realistically think as a club the size of ours, with the resources we have we should consistently challenging for European football and in the cup competitions. 2 cup finals aside that has not happened since the 15/16 season. For the last 5 years I have been waiting for the turning point that makes us think, we are back on track. And I have constantly been filled with false hope.

Cathro got off to a pretty disastrous start, then we pumped rangers 4-1 and Motherwell 3-0 away the following week. I thought here we go back on track. How wrong I was

Levien hardly got off to the best start but then we went on that unbeaten run over Christmas time in 17/18, pumped Celtic 4-0, out hibs out the cup and kept what was 8/9 clean sheets on the trot. Surely this is us on our way back? No

The start to the 18/19 season, I think everyone thought that was the real turning point. We looked incredible until November and then collapsed like a house of cards

even the 2019 final, I thought the fact we really put our weight about and in my opinion should’ve won it could’ve been a turning point but even worse

Stendel, beating rangers 2-0 at home. Wrong again. Putting rangers out the cup then pumping the scum at ER. Suppose we will never really know but if the st Mirren game was anything to go by then it wasn’t that much of a turning point

even this season, 6-2 against Dundee, our performances in the Scottish cup. It all feels like false progress

We really are the definition of a one step forward 2 step back club. In five years we have managed to stumble backwards from a club who finished 3rd to relegation and some pretty poor football in an incredibly poor league. I do prefer to try stay optimistic and I don’t think sacking neilson is necessarily the answer. I don’t know something just seems off at hearts  

Remember when Jim McLean had a clause in the Dundee United players contracts about they not only had to win for a bonus but they had to entertain which was down to his assessment. Well if our players under Neilson had this in their contracts there would be a lot of unhappy bunnies at our club. Entertainment out of 10 = Zero. 

17 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

What are the 57%+ of people not seeing to say they want this clown to get next season? We're at risk of not getting promoted at this rate.

Misplaced loyalty I’m afraid. It happened with Cathro then Levein and It proved that it takes time for many fans to understand that a manager just isn’t good enough. 

What are the 57%+ of people not seeing to say they want this clown to get next season? We're at risk of not getting promoted at this rate.

Misplaced loyalty I’m afraid. It happened with Cathro then Levein and It proved that it takes time for many fans to understand that a manager just isn’t good enough. 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Enough already, we get it. 😂

jack D and coke

Voted end of the season but I’m well aware he won’t be going anywhere. 
I don’t dislike Robbie he’s a good lad but I know exactly what we’ll be once we’re up. 
It’ll bore the tits off me. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Voted end of the season but I’m well aware he won’t be going anywhere. 
I don’t dislike Robbie he’s a good lad but I know exactly what we’ll be once we’re up. 
It’ll bore the tits off me. 

This. Not that anyone in the boardroom at Tynecastle will care

37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This. Not that anyone in the boardroom at Tynecastle will care

And that's where all our problems start, in the boardroom. Either bad decisions. no decisions or just enjoying the ride with the perks.

The Grim Reaper
8 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

In my opinion those who think we are doing fine are not true followers of the club.

Or they work for the club. 

53 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Or they work for the club. 

I hope to **** Tosh doesn’t work for the club, or we really have let our standards slip.

Ex member of the SaS

First off I would not have gone for Robbie but when he was appointed I was OK with it. I like him and support him BUT things are not going well.

Conspiracy theory: During his first spell we were great to watch and won the Championship at a canter ,even with Sevco and Hibs in there. When we got promoted I was convinced Levein interfered and that was why performances declined and we went too defensive. NOW I am not convinced, can't understand the difference in tactics Robbie adopted between winning the Championship and playing in the top flight, other than Levein dumped a winning team which ripped the heart out of a decent squad.

Now we have a squad off players who have caps and should be able to play against part timers and has been's. This is not happening. Is it the players and if so why has Robbie persisted with duds, is it the tactics and if so why has Robbie not seen what we are seeing and changed something, is it the training and if so why has Robbie not interfered and made changes?

Basically the bottom line is Robbie either he doesn't know how to get them playing fast in their faces football or he thinks his tactics are the best and refuses to see they are not working.

I voted to give him the start of next season as I felt winning the Championship would be enough for Budge to keep him on. Now I fear we will get promotion and will have to start again rebuilding a new squad, in other words ANOTHER season in transition.

37 minutes ago, smiler said:

I hope to **** Tosh doesn’t work for the club, or we really have let our standards slip.

:rofl:It would explain a lot though 

The Grim Reaper
10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

First off I would not have gone for Robbie but when he was appointed I was OK with it. I like him and support him BUT things are not going well.

Conspiracy theory: During his first spell we were great to watch and won the Championship at a canter ,even with Sevco and Hibs in there. When we got promoted I was convinced Levein interfered and that was why performances declined and we went too defensive. NOW I am not convinced, can't understand the difference in tactics Robbie adopted between winning the Championship and playing in the top flight, other than Levein dumped a winning team which ripped the heart out of a decent squad.

Now we have a squad off players who have caps and should be able to play against part timers and has been's. This is not happening. Is it the players and if so why has Robbie persisted with duds, is it the tactics and if so why has Robbie not seen what we are seeing and changed something, is it the training and if so why has Robbie not interfered and made changes?

Basically the bottom line is Robbie either he doesn't know how to get them playing fast in their faces football or he thinks his tactics are the best and refuses to see they are not working.

I voted to give him the start of next season as I felt winning the Championship would be enough for Budge to keep him on. Now I fear we will get promotion and will have to start again rebuilding a new squad, in other words ANOTHER season in transition.

This season provided the perfect opportunity to put in place the foundations of a team to compete in the Premiership. Instead we have an unmotivated, unfit, uninterested ageing squad who can barley string a few passes together. No system/style of play, negative defensive tactics, players playing well below their supposed potential, nothing from the academy. 

Wholesale changes expected again in the summer before Robbie is inevitably removed. New manager appointed, another season in transition. More money wasted. Joke. 

On 27/02/2021 at 09:11, TypoonJambo said:

How do I change my original vote? Serious question, repeating the same selection and tactics is now getting beyond a joke.

Its like that scene where Hommer Simpson keeps repeatedly sticking his finger in a live socket.

It will be interesting to see if he goes 4231 again versus Dundee

Edited by Riccarton3

29 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

This season provided the perfect opportunity to put in place the foundations of a team to compete in the Premiership. Instead we have an unmotivated, unfit, uninterested ageing squad who can barley string a few passes together. No system/style of play, negative defensive tactics, players playing well below their supposed potential, nothing from the academy. 

Wholesale changes expected again in the summer before Robbie is inevitably removed. New manager appointed, another season in transition. More money wasted. Joke. 

Excellent summary. Problem being that if Anne has the bottle to remove Neilson the next manager is stuck with the duds brought in by him. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Excellent summary. Problem being that if Anne has the bottle to remove Neilson the next manager is stuck with the duds brought in by him. 

Unfortunately this is the case every time teams change manager, However we need to get a decent manager who can get in decent players who he knows can work with his system. We had a good core of players the last time and Levein dumped ( some in a rather disgusting way ) them. All we needed to do was bring in one or two each season that would slowly improve the whole squad. Now and for the last few years we are in a position where we need a complete emptying and a whole new squad brought in. This impacts in many ways not least a new squad trying to " gell" 

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Unfortunately this is the case every time teams change manager, However we need to get a decent manager who can get in decent players who he knows can work with his system. We had a good core of players the last time and Levein dumped ( some in a rather disgusting way ) them. All we needed to do was bring in one or two each season that would slowly improve the whole squad. Now and for the last few years we are in a position where we need a complete emptying and a whole new squad brought in. This impacts in many ways not least a new squad trying to " gell" 

As much as I'm desperate for Neilson to be emptied I'm not convinced that it will happen. There's clearly a major problem at Tynecastle as I don't believe the players are playing for him one bit. Not one player looks like they are happy playing for us and that clearly points to the man managing or in our case mismanaging them. I remember vividly that Sunday night when it's was announced he was coming back to the club my heart truly sunk. Surely someone high up in the club must see the true picture here. A once united fan base last spring has once again had the heart ripped out of it. Major surgery is required ASAP. 

2 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Hit nail on the head! 

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Who fires the bullet these days?

Still Budge or is it McKinlay?

Have we heard a peep from Mckinlay since he started. Will no doubt be on a decent salary too. 

Fair play to those that back Neilson. I’m not one of them but we are all allowed an opinion. Baffled by the majority but there you are. 

1 minute ago, GORGIE MONK said:

Fair play to those that back Neilson. I’m not one of them but we are all allowed an opinion. Baffled by the majority but there you are. 

I think it's more likely the minority that back him tbf. I would also guess that many of them are hobos. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

I think it's more likely the minority that back him tbf. I would also guess that many of them are hobos. 

It is only on here I read support of Robbie.

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I doubt there are many who are 100% buying into Robbie but I suspect quite a few are content to sit in and see what the summer and next season brings (kind of reflected in the poll results)

Whether that is because they believe he deserves a shot at the SPL, cannot see a better candidate out there or don’t trust Budge to appoint anyone better is anyone’s guess. 

There should have been a “I back Robbie 100%” option on the poll. 

19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I’m only in regular contact with 5 Hearts fans these days. One of them has just sort of switched off for the season, the other 4 didn’t want him and still don’t. I do think that, like any manager, he deserves a chance and to bin him now wouldn’t be giving him a chance. I don’t have much confidence in him though and the last 4 games have been incredibly frustrating and, I believe, completely avoidable. It’s one thing trying to stick to a plan but quite another not seeing warning signs. We never seem to finish games with the same plan as we start them these days. That’s because the original tactics were shite. If everyone else can see it why can’t robbie?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I doubt there are many who are 100% buying into Robbie but I suspect quite a few are content to sit in and see what the summer and next season brings (kind of reflected in the poll results)

Whether that is because they believe he deserves a shot at the SPL, cannot see a better candidate out there or don’t trust Budge to appoint anyone better is anyone’s guess. 

There should have been a “I back Robbie 100%” option on the poll. 

I'm not quite in the Robbie out category tbh.. 

I can't say with any confidence whatsoever that I see anything that says he can get us challenging for top 4 next season. Performances in the main have been poor and signings in the main have also been poor. 

For me he is delivering the absolute minimum by winning the Championship, so he's ticked that box. Also, there's absolutely no danger Budge is sacking him. 

So we can only see what the summer brings. He's probably got the Group stage of the LC and 5 games into the league next season to show something better and a massive improvement. We shouldn't be leaving it any later than that if things go tits for arse imo. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m only in regular contact with 5 Hearts fans these days. One of them has just sort of switched off for the season, the other 4 didn’t want him and still don’t. I do think that, like any manager, he deserves a chance and to bin him now wouldn’t be giving him a chance. I don’t have much confidence in him though and the last 4 games have been incredibly frustrating and, I believe, completely avoidable. It’s one thing trying to stick to a plan but quite another not seeing warning signs. We never seem to finish games with the same plan as we start them these days. That’s because the original tactics were shite. If everyone else can see it why can’t robbie?

People can see that Neilson is not able to coach at a level that is required to take the club forward. The evidence is there and building. The evidence to the contrary is, in contrast, dwindling. You can only really achieve success if you can take players with you, make them believe, buy into your vision. I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'm not quite in the Robbie out category tbh.. 

I can't say with any confidence whatsoever that I see anything that says he can get us challenging for top 4 next season. Performances in the main have been poor and signings in the main have also been poor. 

For me he is delivering the absolute minimum by winning the Championship, so he's ticked that box. Also, there's absolutely no danger Budge is sacking him. 

So we can only see what the summer brings. He's probably got the Group stage of the LC and 5 games into the league next season to show something better and a massive improvement. We shouldn't be leaving it any later than that if things go tits for arse imo. 

The hope I have that we will be challenging in the top 6 is nothing to do with RN but more about the teams we will be competing against. The SPL is poor.

There is nothing to be worried about in the SPL but under Robbie it will be a needless laboured struggle and not pretty to watch.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

The hope I have that we will be challenging in the top 6 is nothing to do with RN but more about the teams we will be competing against. The SPL is poor.

There is nothing to be worried about in the SPL but under Robbie it will be a needless laboured struggle and not pretty to watch.

We finished last place last season. So if we're not finishing last and challenging for top 4, it would be safe to say that's an improvement? 

That's all I'm asking, challenge for top 4 next season. Finish top 4 the season after and then we're in a position where we can perhaps become best of the rest on a consistent basis. 

That's the aim, surely? 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

People can see that Neilson is not able to coach at a level that is required to take the club forward. The evidence is there and building. The evidence to the contrary is, in contrast, dwindling. You can only really achieve success if you can take players with you, make them believe, buy into your vision. I don't see it.

Where I'm at. I accept he is here for the foreseeable future and winning the Champ means he's met his target and is entitled to another season.  But there's nothing inspirational about him or his football. His team is a very good team by Champ standards but the idea (from one of the chief cheerleaders today) that the LC Final today shows Hearts have nothing to fear next season is just wishful thinking. This is an ageing team that lacks pace & power and if its toiling against teams like Dundee & Pars then we're in for a tough time next season. 

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There's plenty to worry about if coaching at all those clubs is better, there is unity in each group and the recruitment matches needs

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We finished last place last season. So if we're not finishing last and challenging for top 4, it would be safe to say that's an improvement? 

That's all I'm asking, challenge for top 4 next season. Finish top 4 the season after and then we're in a position where we can perhaps become best of the rest on a consistent basis. 

That's the aim, surely? 

We can get there playing a better style of football than Robbie offers imo.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)