Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well if you see it like that yeah, 

Don't try and make yourself out to be squeaky clean mate, you put a picture of Rocky balboa up when shouts Adrian, saying it was me shouting his name, so i played your silly we game and done the Robbie thing 😉that's the truth. 

I don't hate Robbie hate is a strong word, I've stated my thoughts, I don't see him improving the club as a whole going forward 👍, you are just happy to have him because he's the closest thing to Levein hearts can possibly have, so it makes you

feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

You say you backed Stendel yet this is a contradiction within itself, when you openly came out with on this forum, Levein would of kept us up if he was in charge? How is that backing the guy in charge, you sit and try and compare a unknown German who was at the club, to Robbie and Levein two guys that played for our club, and knows what it means, but can't get the team doing the simple basics of football. 

And because they have an affiliation to our club, your prepared to make every excuse under the sun for them. 

Not a German manager though 🤔starting to think there is a bit of racial hate behind the Stendel thing tbh, certainly shows in a few posters, that are actively coming out and blame him for our demotion, yet don't applaud him for getting our team to a semi, but then applaud Robbie for getting to a final 🤔

Honestly don't start me mate, as far as football knowledge goes and the level I've coached / played at you couldn't lace my boots. 

And that shows with what you post on this forum, I hope the mods realise the snide we jibes you make on a regular basis, to get other posters respond to you. 

Robbie as a player won a scottish cup he got us promoted last time, both achievements i applaud him for 👍

As a player he was limited nothing special did his job. 

Let me spell it out for you one last time, I don't hate Robbie, do I expect better yes ☺, do I demand better yes, do you have any idea how much money the fans put into this club, how much kickback put into the club. 

Supporters on here and they can't even give the oap some sort of entertainment on the pitch, for all the money they have poured into the club year after year. 

Stop making excuse after excuse we deserve better. 

Show me the improvement within the team, just one player? Great chance to promote youth this season, with the teams we are coming up against bed them in get them ready for the premiership, instead Frear, Berra, Roberts, Kastaneer, Halliday, players that down the line are going to offer us going forward. 

What sort of culture is Robbie trying to create within the club?. 

Do you honestly think fans our going to hand over their hard earned to watch that?. 

This is the problem from top to bottom, the club as so void of what fans want/ expect. 

Our approach of having a defensive manager Levein, then changing to Stendel an attacking manager but doesn't get the backing to play his style, then back to a possession based manager Robbie. 

Who comes out with he wants to play an attacking style, yet plays two holding midfield players. 

And our striker is so isolated it's unbelievable. 

Once we go a goal down the answer throw on the big man, I wonder who Neilson learned that from 🤔

Honestly promotion was a given, look at the other teams in the league they aren't on our level, they shouldn't be expected to be on our level. 

Yet we make hard work of it at home and away matches this season. 

But i get called a Robbie hater for demanding better against Queen of the South away and Morton at home. 

If we can't beat these teams convincingly at home and away in the championship, how can you expect to beat teams like Hamilton Ross county etc.

Yet people say he needs more time but didn't afford our German that time, I don't even want him back it's obvious he upset the regime binning certain players and people. 

If you want to pay £600 for that on show every year, then be my guest we as fans deserve better. 

It's nothing but blatantly conning the fans, which has been the case the last 5 years.

It was the club's board that didn't continue with DS, not the fans. So, 'people' couldn't afford him more time even if they'd wanted to. You know yourself it would be quite something for Hearts to remove Neilson now in totally different circumstances to last year's demotion so he gets more time just by default.

I'd have liked DS to stay with his coaching team. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't try and make yourself out to be squeaky clean mate, you put a picture of Rocky balboa up when he shouts Adrian, saying it was me shouting his name, so i played your silly we game and done the Robbie thing 😉that's the truth. 

I don't hate Robbie hate is a strong word, I've stated my thoughts, I don't see him improving the club as a whole going forward 👍, you are just happy to have him because he's the closest thing to Levein hearts can possibly have, so it makes you

You say you backed Stendel yet this is a contradiction within itself, when you openly came out with on this forum, Levein would of kept us up if he was in charge? How is that backing the guy in charge, you sit and try and compare a unknown German who was at the club, to Robbie and Levein two guys that played for our club, and knows what it means, but can't get the team doing the simple basics of football. 

And because they have an affiliation to our club, your prepared to make every excuse under the sun for them. 

Not a German manager though 🤔starting to think there is a bit of racial hate behind the Stendel thing tbh, certainly shows in a few posters, that are actively coming out and blame him for our demotion, yet don't applaud him for getting our team to a semi, but then applaud Robbie for getting to a final 🤔

Honestly don't start me mate, as far as football knowledge goes and the level I've coached / played at you couldn't lace my boots. 

And that shows with what you post on this forum, I hope the mods realise the snide we jibes you make on a regular basis, to get other posters respond to you. 

Robbie as a player won a scottish cup he got us promoted last time, both achievements i applaud him for 👍

Let me spell it out for you one last time, I don't hate Robbie, do I expect better yes ☺, do I demand better yes, do you have any idea how much money the fans put into this club, how much kickback put into the club. 

Supporters on here and they can't even give the oap some sort of entertainment on the pitch, for all the money they have poured into the club year after year. 

Show me the improvement within the team, just one player? Great chance to promote youth this season, with the teams we are coming up against bed them in get them ready for the premiership, instead Frear, Berra, Roberts, Kastaneer, Halliday, players that down the line are going to offer us going forward. 

Do you honestly think fans our going to hand over their hard earned to watch that?. 

This is the problem from top to bottom, the club as a whole are so void of what fans want/ expect. 

Our approach of having a defensive manager Levein, then changing to Stendel an attacking manager but doesn't get the backing to play his style, then back to a possession based manager Robbie. 

Who comes out with he wants to play an attacking style, yet plays two holding midfield players. 

Once we go a goal down the answer throw on the big man, I wonder who Neilson learned that from 🤔

Honestly promotion was a given, look at the other teams in the league they aren't on our level, they shouldn't be expected to be on our level. 

But i get called a Robbie hater for demanding better against Queen of the South away and Morton at home. 

If we can't beat these teams convincingly at home and away in the championship, how can you expect to beat teams like Hamilton Ross county etc.

Yet people say he needs more time but didn't afford our German that time, I don't even want him back it's obvious he upset the regime binning certain players and people. 

If you want to pay £600 for that on show every year, then be my guest we as fans deserve better. 

It's nothing but blatantly conning the fans, which has been the case the last 5 years.

Well said,if you look around other clubs,you can see progress,Livingston,St mirren,St Johnstone just a few examples,where is the progress from Hearts? Supporters throwing money at them for years,bad management appointments,Budge has a lot to answer for.

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

It was the club's board that didn't continue with DS, not the fans. So, 'people' couldn't afford him more time even if they'd wanted to. You know yourself it would be quite something for Hearts to remove Neilson now in totally different circumstances to last year's demotion so he gets more time just by default.

Definitely a chance wasted IMO. I applauded the club when they signed DS, something different to the ‘usual faces’, new ideas - I really felt it was a step in a brave direction. Unfortunately he inherited a shitstorm and only got 4 months?!... and yeah, results went against us. However, I am disappointed he didn’t get a preseason... and a season in the championship would’ve probably been ideal for him to get his ethos across. 🤷‍♂️ Chance missed IMO. 
I wasn’t against RN coming back and I like the guy... just feel he’s the safe choice to get us back up. 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't try and make yourself out to be squeaky clean mate, you put a picture of Rocky balboa up when he shouts Adrian, saying it was me shouting his name, so i played your silly we game and done the Robbie thing 😉that's the truth. 

This is the problem from top to bottom, the club as a whole are so void of what fans want/ expect. 

"starting to think there is a bit of racial hate behind the Stendel thing tbh,"

After saying " I hope the mods realise the small jibes you make" and the other day you were  talking about a posters wife!

Who hates Stendel?

Who hates Germans?

Who is racist?

Get a grip of yourself- accusing folk of hating Germans and being racist.

Sit the **** doon tbh. Ridiculous thing to suggest.

Not 1 person has been racist on either side of this and to suggest is at best straw clutching, at worst a trolling attempt to stir up hate and escalate this to something that I would bet not even 1 poster was thinking about.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

100%

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"starting to think there is a bit of racial hate behind the Stendel thing tbh,"

After saying " I hope the mods realise the small jibes you make" and the other day you were  talking about a posters wife!

Who hates Stendel?

Who hates Germans?

Who is racist?

Get a grip of yourself- accusing folk of hating Germans and being racist.

Sit the **** doon tbh. Ridiculous thing to suggest.

Not 1 person has been racist on either side of this and to suggest is at best straw clutching, at worst a trolling attempt to stir up hate and escalate this to something that I would bet not even 1 poster was thinking about.

Again deflecting from the fact like what you done, that poster mentioned me without quoting me, he then decided to be personal which i warned him and the mods, with which he replied what you going to jump about like a kangaroo. 

So i finished the guy he said he could shut people like me up, he also said me and Neil Dongcaster were the same poster, which is total bullshit 🙈which I replied to him saying, you can't keep your woman's legs shut never mind shut me up, 

Now again please tell us why you feel the need to refer to me as one poster posted a picture up, keep my name out your mouth and I'll do the same 👍so i feel i needed to respond, as you only told half a story blatantly trying to ruin my image as poster as you forgot, to mention before i put that picture up you put a picture up of Rocky balboa saying Adrian, saying it was me shouting Stendel 🤔

Your clear bias is as bad as what the spfl show to Celtic and Rangers within Scottish football, and are only prepared to see things from your perspective, which in my head why come onto a forum when 1. A forum is for posters to post their feelings and opinions, two I've not mentioned you all day as quite frankly your irrelevant to me as a poster, but yet you feel the need to bring me up constantly on a forum, it's clear you have an obsession with me like a few others do quite creepy tbh 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t think it’s really relevant whether it’s a 2nd or 3rd time when it comes to managers. 

Some managers seem to return time and time again and, unlike players, they don’t slow down as they get older. 

I think (!?)

All the same, I'd say that whenever managers go back to clubs where they've previously managed, more often than not they don't do better - and often do worse - second time round.

Maybe it's psychology.  Sometimes a manager finds himself in charge of a club "at the right time".  A couple of factors come right, and the psychological relationship between manager, squad and club is positive.  That's why you often see someone doing well at one club, moving on, and doing not so well in the new job.  But once you leave a club, it's probably hard to recapture the right psychological "vibe" if you go back.

This could, of course, be complete horseshite on my part.  :runaway:

But how often has a manager done well at a club, left, come back and done better? 

2 hours ago, franco2209 said:

No,it's because we're seeing a re run of Leveinesque performances before our very own eyes. You really don't need huge levels of foresight to see what lies ahead,deja vu i'm afraid.

100% agree. Natch folks like SRB refuse to acknowledge what others can see with their own eyes.

Right down to the feeble deflection/excuses from our new manager. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

100% agree. Natch folks like SRB refuse to acknowledge what others can see with their own eyes.

Right down to the feeble deflection/excuses from our new manager. 

I was going to broach the subject of them excuses,it's the same pattern. Prior to Saturday's game, Neilson came out in the press ,said we needed to be more aggressive in our finishing, you fill in the blanks.

43 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

All the same, I'd say that whenever managers go back to clubs where they've previously managed, more often than not they don't do better - and often do worse - second time round.

Maybe it's psychology.  Sometimes a manager finds himself in charge of a club "at the right time".  A couple of factors come right, and the psychological relationship between manager, squad and club is positive.  That's why you often see someone doing well at one club, moving on, and doing not so well in the new job.  But once you leave a club, it's probably hard to recapture the right psychological "vibe" if you go back.

But how often has a manager done well at a club, left, come back and done better? 

Wrong quote.

Edited by Vlad Magic

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Again deflecting from the fact like what you done, that poster mentioned me without quoting me, he then decided to be personal which i warned him and the mods, with which he replied what you going to jump about like a kangaroo. 

So i finished the guy he said he could shut people like me up, he also said me and Neil Dongcaster were the same poster, which is total bullshit 🙈which I replied to him saying, you can't keep your woman's legs shut never mind shut me up, 

Now again please tell us why you feel the need to refer to me as one poster posted a picture up, keep my name out your mouth and I'll do the same 👍so i feel i needed to respond, as you only told half a story blatantly trying to ruin my image as poster as you forgot, to mention before i put that picture up you put a picture up of Rocky balboa saying Adrian, saying it was me shouting Stendel 🤔

Your clear bias is as bad as what the spfl show to Celtic and Rangers within Scottish football, and are only prepared to see things from your perspective, which in my head why come onto a forum when 1. A forum is for posters to post their feelings and opinions, two I've not mentioned you all day as quite frankly your irrelevant to me as a poster, but yet you feel the need to bring me up constantly on a forum, it's clear you have an obsession with me like a few others do quite creepy tbh 😂

You have issues.

Lots of them.

You need help.

Canny be ersed reading the whole thread but we are going nowhere, Neilson will manage at the level he's played at, it's all he knows. We have to show more ambition and invest in a manager who has played at a higher level 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

🤷‍♂️

It’s not that common a thing but interesting subject nonetheless. Tony Pulis at Stoke and Eddie Howe at Bournemouth off the top of my head did very well but I can’t think of managers who have gone back tbh

Up here...Neil Lennon was always rubbish but think proves your point. 

Just now, jamborich said:

Canny be ersed reading the whole thread but we are going nowhere, Neilson will manage at the level he's played at, it's all he knows. We have to show more ambition and invest in a manager who has played at a higher level 

Not sure that theory holds water tbh

Neither Wenger or Mourinho played at anything other than a very low level 😁

2 minutes ago, jamborich said:

😂

Seriously, you running with that?

I honestly don’t know where some of you lot get the energy to debate the same points over and over again day in day out.

The reality is Neilson will be staying in the job unless we throw this league away, he’ll get a transfer window and we’ll go with that squad him and savage assemble for the prem next season. Surely regardless of your opinion on his style etc, you have to be realistic and admit any manager that wins a league deserves a chance the following season to build on that success.

Its obvious he’s not got much wiggle room with a section of fans so here’s hoping that drives him on and we all benefit through a winning Heart of Midlothian team.

1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Wtf are you on about 

Jim Jefferies was a great Hearts manager (the best of my life), who played in the worst Hearts team my dad remembers.  That was the highest level he played at.

Joe Jordan was a terrible Hearts manager who played at a far higher level, in the best Leeds team ever.

In short, playing ability has little to do with managerial ability.  I suspect way more than half the managers who win European trophies never won the same as a player.  

7 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Why care to explain 

What level did he play at > SPL

And if Hearts are promoted, he'll manage Hearts in the SPL. 

What's wrong with that? :lol:

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

What level did he play at > SPL

And if Hearts are promoted, he'll manage Hearts in the SPL. 

What's wrong with that? :lol:

I didn't realise the argument was even flawed on it's own terms! 😂

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Jim Jefferies was a great Hearts manager (the best of my life), who played in the worst Hearts team my dad remembers.  That was the highest level he played at.

Joe Jordan was a terrible Hearts manager who played at a far higher level, in the best Leeds team ever.

In short, playing ability has little to do with managerial ability.  I suspect way more than half the managers who win European trophies never won the same as a player.  

Trying to understand your point but struggling, my point is neilson has managed in 3 different leagues and failed you want to take him to a different level bash on he is not good enough 

Trying to understand your point but struggling, my point is neilson has managed in 3 different leagues and failed you want to take him to a different level bash on he is not good enough 

His lowest finishing position in the Scottish Championship is first, so far. is that failure?

He finished third in his only full Scottish Premiership season. Is that failure? 

Not sure how he has failed in the Championship or the SPL, but your inability to understand my point seems to coincide with your inability to make your own.

Note how you worded your initial comment which I quoted:

Neilson will manage at the level he's played at, it's all he knows

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

His lowest finishing position in the Scottish Championship is first, so far. is that failure?

He finished third in his only full Scottish Premiership season. Is that failure? 

Yes your right not disputing any of that but is that the level we have to aspire to he is not good enough if we want to move forward. Is it your point we just try and be the best in Scottish football 

8 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Not sure how he has failed in the Championship or the SPL, but your inability to understand my point seems to coincide with your inability to make your own.

Note how you worded your initial comment which I quoted:

Neilson will manage at the level he's played at, it's all he knows

Have a word seriously 

10 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Yes your right not disputing any of that but is that the level we have to aspire to he is not good enough if we want to move forward. Is it your point we just try and be the best in Scottish football 

Your argument is actually getting worse!  

Are you sure you don't want to retract these comments and revert back to your initial point about playing ability? 😂

19 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I could live with that, for a wee while anyway. 🤔

3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I think it is simply 'reversion to the mean' theory in action. Normally you will only re-hire a manager who has had above average success for your club in their first spell. Why would you re-employ them otherwise. But that means it is far more likely that they will perform closer to or below the club's average in their second spell, than that they will over perform the club average by an even greater margin. This theory probably relies on an acceptance that the majority of a club' success or failure is down to factors beyond the manager's innate ability. That may well struggle for acceptance on jkb where many are attributing absolutely every failing to the manager.

Reversion to the mean also explains the "new manager bounce" phenomenon. A club will normally replace a manager after a particularly bad run of results, even within the context of bad season. So just random variation means it is more likely that results will 'improve' towards the average form for that season rather than get even worse than the form that led to the previous manager being sacked.

10 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I'll settle for Hearts 'just' trying to be the best in Scottish football. That already seems like a pretty high target to set.

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I think it is simply 'reversion to the mean' theory in action. Normally you will only re-hire a manager who has had above average success for your club in their first spell. Why would you re-employ them otherwise. But that means it is far more likely that they will perform closer to or below the club's average in their second spell, than that they will over perform the club average by an even greater margin. This theory probably relies on an acceptance that the majority of a club' success or failure is down to factors beyond the manager's innate ability. That may well struggle for acceptance on jkb where many are attributing absolutely every failing to the manager.

Reversion to the mean also explains the "new manager bounce" phenomenon. A club will normally replace a manager after a particularly bad run of results, even within the context of bad season. So just random variation means it is more likely that results will 'improve' towards the average form for that season rather than get even worse than the form that led to the previous manager being sacked.

I'll settle for Hearts 'just' trying to be the best in Scottish football. That already seems like a pretty high target to set.

17 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Your argument is actually getting worse!  

Are you sure you don't want to retract these comments and revert back to your initial point about playing ability? 😂

Definitely don't want to retract not sure what age you are but you appear young and know feck all

33 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I'll settle for Hearts 'just' trying to be the best in Scottish football. That already seems like a pretty high target to 

You set your targets pretty low

45 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Definitely don't want to retract not sure what age you are but you appear young and know feck all

😂😂

You ever been on a European trip

Yip.  Being the best in Scotland would involve European trips.

Are you trolling or really this stupid?

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Yip.  Being the best in Scotland would involve European trips.

Are you trolling or really this stupid?

Wow quit while your behind you dont have to be the best to qualify for Europe 

Wow quit while your behind you dont have to be the best to qualify for Europe 

Trolling then because it's not quite possible to be this stupid.

33 minutes ago, jamborich said:

You set your targets pretty low

4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Trolling then because it's not quite possible to be this 

Trolling really you are a funny guy not intelligent but funny 

Trolling really you are a funny guy not intelligent but funny 

You might wanna try a new hook because you've tried that one twice with me already and it didn't work.

You should've learnt to spell before you commenced your trolling career.  It would've helped when you resorted to questioning people's intelligence.

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Maybe someone more awake than I am will be able to name a few but off the top of my head the number of those that go back and do worse heavily outweighs those that do better. 

We have witnessed over two spells what Neilson is like as a Manager. We can see he is a defensive Manager by nature. First time around he was timid whilst playing  rangers and hibs, but we saw some decent football against the other teams in the Championship. However, we are the Top Dogs in this division now and we still watch eye bleeding ponderous boring football. He elevated Dunfermline and Dundee as our main challengers, and instead of a commanding performance he allowed them to dominate the game.

Anyone who has voted to give him a chance when we are back in the Premier are kidding themselves that the style of football will be any different. All in my opinion of course....

38 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

We have witnessed over two spells what Neilson is like as a Manager. We can see he is a defensive Manager by nature. First time around he was timid whilst playing  rangers and hibs, but we saw some decent football against the other teams in the Championship. However, we are the Top Dogs in this division now and we still watch eye bleeding ponderous boring football. He elevated Dunfermline and Dundee as our main challengers, and instead of a commanding performance he allowed them to dominate the game.

Anyone who has voted to give him a chance when we are back in the Premier are kidding themselves that the style of football will be any different. All in my opinion of course....

An experienced exciting attacking manager has just come on the market. 

The answer to your prayers 🤔

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

I agree we aren’t delivering up to the standard we should do with the budget we have. 
However, it’s difficult to agree that Robbie is defensive-minded. 
26 shots on goal does not feel like a defensive set-up. 
The signings he has made (loads of wingers, new striker, McEneff), stating Haring’s better suited to Premier League where we will be under more pressure, don’t support this either. 
Some of the signings have turned out duff. Think most would have seen GMS as a positive attacking signing. He hasn’t delivered yet. While Wighton scored some goals, Robbie attempted to “trade up” with the new guy. Dropping Berra, I think attempt to have more ball-players on park. So sounds like he is trying to address the issues. 
I think the team is not gelling for some reason. Maybe a steer from him to hold back? Maybe players not fitting the system? Eg Naismith, Walker stepping on each other’s toes. Same with Irving and Halliday?  Wingers not getting balls into box for Boyce. 
Difficult to pinpoint it but not convinced he’s overly defensive. I would like Haring holding and rest of midfield pressing on. But, other than that, not sure how to set up more attacking. 
Think all players should be quicker, more forward looking and all looking for pass for 90 mins. Some of that is down to players to take responsibility. Robbie is not on the pitch. 

2 hours ago, Sid said:

The signings he has made (loads of wingers, new striker, McEneff), stating Haring’s better suited to Premier League where we will be under more pressure, don’t support this either. 

Did he say that?

54 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did he say that?

He, as in Robbie? No he didn’t.  Apologies if that wasn’t what you meant. A few posters on here have said it, Neilson hasn’t. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)