Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)

GinRummy

Robbie poll  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go.

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I would change my vote at the end of the season. 

I don't get folk that want the, manager replaced on a game by game basis. Madness imo. 

We could drop more points then win 5/6 on the bounce. 

Far too knee jerk for me this freaking out on a game by game basis and even then the general  pant wetting is on the back of 2 draws- 3 wins and 2 draws in the last 5 games! 

Don’t get me wrong, I think we’ll still win this league at a canter... it’s just we seem to be making it a bit more difficult than it possibly should be. 
That said, the whole game plan of the other sides in this league, is to contain/frustrate us, and getting players behind the ball (with the exception of a couple of games eg.  Dundee @ Dundee)... and that’s not easy to play against or easy on the eye! However, our finishing has taken a nose dive of late. 
I’m happy to give RN into the Prem, but if he does balls up the championship (which I genuinely don’t think will happen), questions would need to be asked. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• mitch41

• NANOJAMBO

I don’t hate Robbie at all - in fact as a person I think he is pretty decent. 

But I find his football very hard to watch and his selection policy equally disappointing. 

I didn’t want him back and nothing has changed since the summer to convince me otherwise. I was one of the few posters who voiced their displeasure when he did come back but I know I’m not alone now. 

Whilst it’s only snapshot of the overall support - my Hearts group chat has seen 4 from 5 wanting him gone. We are all long term - 40 years each supporting the famous. It’s not a great state of affairs tbh 

Edited by PTBCAL

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Spot on. You saw the stats i posted yesterday and it makes cries for Robbie to be bulleted just now ridiculous. Unfortunately 18% or so of fans or whatever the poll shows at  the moment seem to be emotionally challenged or just hate Robbie. The facts do not lie. Robbie's first and immediate objective from AB is to get us back up at the first opportunity. He is delivering that reasonably comfortably. I'd like both but i'll take substance over style anyday. 

Fair enough : but this type of post is typical of its defence of RN and absolutely refuses to acknowledge the problems in the team ie poor performances, (even against the most mediocre of opposition , never mind the dire games V Pars/Dundee/Ayr etc ),  the square pegs in round holes that is the current team selection, the absolutely dire signings  and the ludicrous situation at Dundee when he refused to bring on possible game changers that he himself had signed. 

There's 5 wingers at Hearts apparently , he's signed 3 or 4 of them ?  But we had to wait until January to get a desperately needed CM (so much for January being the worst time to sign a player) .

It's all good though : top of the pub league,  "unbeaten in 5" says the club troll  , cannae wait for more of the same next season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair enough : but this type of post is typical of its defence of RN and absolutely refuses to acknowledge the problems in the team ie poor performances, (even against the most mediocre of opposition , never mind the dire games V Pars/Dundee/Ayr etc ),  the square pegs in round holes that is the current team selection, the absolutely dire signings  and the ludicrous situation at Dundee when he refused to bring on possible game changers that he himself had signed. 

There's 5 wingers at Hearts apparently , he's signed 3 or 4 of them ?  But we had to wait until January to get a desperately needed CM (so much for January being the worst time to sign a player) .

It's all good though : top of the pub league,  "unbeaten in 5" says the club troll  , cannae wait for more of the same next season. 

Aren't most reasonable folk just thinking we're playing pretty shite but not shite enough to sack the manager, especially considering we're in a pandemic and just 20 or so games in? Not to mention wondering how on earth our players can have 26 attempts on goal with only 5 on target in a game.

We're simply making heavy weather of some games against defensive teams on shit pitches in winter (the OF do it every season - EXCEPT they have their massive travelling and home support to give them that extra push they sometimes need). Another factor to take into account.

Most reasonable people are factoring all this in while acknowledging we're still maintaining a healthy lead in the league. Unreasonable people who just don't like Robbie are ignoring that or dismissing them as excuses rather than real factors.

And people who seem to be getting their knickers in a twist about NEXT season are just too far gone. We'll do a complete overhaul of the squad in summer all being well. Although if the pandemic continues we might have to continue to patch it up in stages.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 21/02/2021 at 22:01, Smith's right boot said:

If that happens then it means Hearts are doing poorly, but at least some folk can say "I told you so." 

Hopefully that's not the case. 

You've taken that last part too far! 

The raison d'être of more than a few on here.

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I would change my vote at the end of the season. 

I don't get folk that want the, manager replaced on a game by game basis. Madness imo. 

We could drop more points then win 5/6 on the bounce. 

Far too knee jerk for me this freaking out on a game by game basis and even then the general  pant wetting is on the back of 2 draws- 3 wins and 2 draws in the last 5 games! 

See, there you go again with your sweeping generalisations. 

"SOME" folk or a "FEW" folk , maybe. But not everyone.

Not everyone wanted him appointed in the first place.

Some folk have bigger ambitions than being "unbeaten in  5" games in a pub league. 

And some folk are looking at the big picture : which isn't pretty viewing or in the least bit reassuring for what lies ahead next season. But it's easier for you to attack a few people who want him out rather than face the reality of what's being served up. 

This is exactly what we had to suffer under Levein. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Don’t get me wrong, I think we’ll still win this league at a canter... it’s just we seem to be making it a bit more difficult than it possibly should be. 
That said, the whole game plan of the other sides in this league, is to contain/frustrate us, and getting players behind the ball (with the exception of a couple of games eg.  Dundee @ Dundee)... and that’s not easy to play against or easy on the eye! However, our finishing has taken a nose dive of late. 
I’m happy to give RN into the Prem, but if he does balls up the championship (which I genuinely don’t think will happen), questions would need to be asked. 

If any Hearts manager ballsed up the championship he'll be sacked. 

Someone posted the stats of when hibs, rangers and Utd won this league, we are on par with them. 

All of them didn't even go up in the first season either! 

Folk call it a pub league etc, but it's all relative we are Litterally in the same league as these clubs. We wil lose and draw games but as we are doing now, we'll win it first time, unlike the 3 above, who also failed in the play offs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Some folk have bigger ambitions than being "unbeaten in  5" games in a pub league. 

Yeah, that's typical though. Is it really too much effort to support whoever is appointed for longer than a few months though? Especially when they're doing the business in the league and delivered beyond any of our expectations in the SC?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The raison d'être of more than a few on here.

It's more important to them than Hearts being successful. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

If any Hearts manager ballsed up the championship he'll be sacked. 

Someone posted the stats of when hibs, rangers and Utd won this league, we are on par with them. 

All of them didn't even go up in the first season either! 

Folk call it a pub league etc, but it's all relative we are Litterally in the same league as these clubs. We wil lose and draw games but as we are doing now, we'll win it first time, unlike the 3 above, who also failed in the play offs. 

These days yes. Doddie ballsed it up twice though. Glad we kept him though. And yes Doddie had things to cope with, as Robbie does this season.

We are doing as well as or better than Hibs, Rangers and D Utd did in their promotion seasons so far.

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aren't most reasonable folk just thinking we're playing pretty shite but not shite enough to sack the manager, especially considering we're in a pandemic and just 20 or so games in? Not to mention wondering how on earth our players can have 26 attempts on goal with only 5 on target in a game.

We're simply making heavy weather of some games against defensive teams on shit pitches in winter (the OF do it every season - EXCEPT they have their massive travelling and home support to give them that extra push they sometimes need). Another factor to take into account.

Most reasonable people are factoring all this in while acknowledging we're still maintaining a healthy lead in the league. Unreasonable people who just don't like Robbie are ignoring that or dismissing them as excuses rather than real factors.

And people who seem to be getting their knickers in a twist about NEXT season are just too far gone. We'll do a complete overhaul of the squad in summer all being well. Although if the pandemic continues we might have to continue to patch it up in stages.

You missed the Dundee game - when he refused to bring on his cohort of shit wingers.

You missed Dunfermline when his team got over run by 2 loanees and a guy that was playing  in the 3rd tier of Scottish football a year before. 

We'll do a complete overhaul ? Not a chance. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

And some folk are looking at the big picture : which isn't pretty viewing or in the least bit reassuring for what lies ahead next season. But it's easier for you to attack a few people who want him out rather than face the reality of what's being served up. 

Back to CL. 

You need help. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

We've played exceptionally well this season about as many times as we've been shockingly shite, in the main against teams we should be wiping the floor with... Yet folk want the manager punted on a game by game basis. 🤣  Never read so much utter baws in my puff. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

You missed the Dundee game - when he refused to bring on his cohort of shit wingers.

You missed Dunfermline when his team got over run by 2 loanees and a guy that was playing  in the 3rd tier of Scottish football a year before. 

We'll do a complete overhaul ? Not a chance. 

Manager and team in bad performance shock!

We did an overhaul in 15/16. Too much IMO. If we don't this time it will be because of the pandemic and loss of income affecting the budget.

How long have you watch Hearts out of interest? Doddie finished 3rd then 2nd in the old First Division. he then finished 5th in the Premier after promotion with mostly the same team. The he nearly won the league and cup double, again with mostly the same team. There were zero signs he could do that or that the players could do that. 

I honestly can't relate to people who think seasons just run into each other, and paying poorly one season means we'll be poor the next, or on the other hand playing well one season means we'll be as good or better the next.  Typically we're usually worse as we often lose some of our best players after a good season. As I say, I just can't relate to this idea that football is constant decline or constant improvement. If you've watched football for a long time you know that every season should be approached as a complete clean slate where anything can happen.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, that's typical though. Is it really too much effort to support whoever is appointed for longer than a few months though? Especially when they're doing the business in the league and delivered beyond any of our expectations in the SC?

I'm resigned to Neilson seeing out his contract.

Winning this league - which is so very much poorer than last time - is no great achievement. 

SC performances - after another glorious failure when his dire tactics all but got his team buried by half time ? 

Neilson's  uber cautious  football is hard to like, his excuses make him unpopular and he doesn't sound like a man who knows how to get the best out this squad. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How long have you watch Hearts out of interest? 

Over 50 years. 

Make your mind up about the overhaul - you're all over the place. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm resigned to Neilson seeing out his contract.

Winning this league - which is so very much poorer than last time - is no great achievement. 

SC performances - after another glorious failure when his dire tactics all but got his team buried by half time ? 

Neilson's  uber cautious  football is hard to like, his excuses make him unpopular and he doesn't sound like a man who knows how to get the best out this squad. 

I'd call him patient (following the popular trend right now to play possession football rather than more direct launching the ball up that we used to see in Scotland, including from Hearts teams) rather than cautious. No-one signs all the wingers he has and strikers and an attacking mid and wants to play cautious football. In fact, I wish he'd paid more attention to our central defence rather than focus so much on attack.

In any case have you not being watching our games? You can hear him getting frustrated with players at times - urging them to be more positive.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Over 50 years. 

Make your mind up about the overhaul - you're all over the place. 

So you get that there would have been calls to sack Doddie long before he turned things around for us if JKB had been around then?

What do you mean make up my mind. Are you saying I should be able to predict what will happen this summer with everything going on? We'll have an overhaul if fans are back and the pandemic is easing significantly. If not, it might be more patching up and generally trying to improve the squad.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I see your wit & repartee lessons are paying off. 

You can't separate CL from Robbie. 

You are merging them together, it's alarming. 

Yeah everyone hates Robbie is the new saying on the block, it's not because we have struggled to put teams like Queen of the South to bed, or drawing 1-1 with Morton at home, with players in the team that have played at far higher levels, than what they could ever dream off. 

Or the fact we never seem to play two games the same, or the fact he plays players like Naismith out of position on a regular, or that Boyce is so frustrated due to the pish service he gets because he has no players working of him ,or the fact he plays with two sitting midfield players and has come out saying this is part of his attacking system, then changes his mind saying McEneff faded later on in the game. 

Or benching walker who is probably our most on form player at the moment, 

Or bringing in a guy who in the games I've seen him play, his most memorable moment is nearly clearing the roof at Starks Park, with one of his shots, Kastaneer folks 👍

Or not playing any of our youth players like Moore, Henderson, Irving at times, over pish like Halliday, Frear, Roberts, who is now on loan to a premiership team. 

Then agreeing to give dunfermline Wighton permanently 🙈and Bobby to St mirren when the openly shafted and mocked us, including their chairman. 

Blaming pitches, Refs, Players. 

Even though as far as honours go in the game you couldn't lace Naismith boots 👍

It's taken Haring how long to come back, and now some are making the excuse, he's been eased back in because of astro turf pitches. 

Is Tynecastle astro turf. 

His failure in my eyes to improve one player, just one player within the squad. 

If that's the squad playing for him then, infact i won't go there. 

All In one season but eh what does Bongo know ☺, Robbie has us top doing his job, aslong as we get promoted that's all that matters, **** the development of the rest of the club that don't matter, neglect it like we did the last 5 years and we will find ourselves right back at the start again, which was the championship oops 🤔.

I forgot we are back at the start again, please when you do leave Robbie leave us with a team that can kick on after you leave. 

Thanks Bongo 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You can't separate CL from Robbie. 

You are merging them together, it's alarming. 

I think this is the root of some folk's irrational dislike of our best manager since Sergio and JJ. They are channelling their dislike of Levein and probably Budge into dislike of Neilson. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah everyone hates Robbie is the new saying on the block, it's not because we have struggled to put teams like Queen of the South to bed, or drawing 1-1 with Morton at home, with players in the team that have played at far higher levels, than what they could ever dream off. 

Or the fact we never seem to play two games the same, or the fact he plays players like Naismith out of position on a regular, or that Boyce is so frustrated due to the pish service he gets because he has no players working of him ,or the fact he plays with two sitting midfield players and has come out saying this is part of his attacking system, then changes his mind saying McEneff faded later on in the game. 

Or bringing in a guy who in the games I've seen him play, his most memorable moment is nearly clearing the roof at Starks Park, with one of his shots, Kastaneer folks 👍

Or not playing any of our youth players like Moore, Henderson, Irving at times, over pish like Halliday, Frear, Roberts, who is now on loan to a premiership team. 

Then agreeing to give dunfermline Wighton permanently 🙈and Bobby to St mirren when the openly shafted and mocked us, including their chairman. 

It's taken Haring how long to come back, and now some are making the excuse, he's been eased back in because of astro turf pitches. 

All In one season but eh what does Bongo know ☺, Robbie has us top doing his job, aslong as we get promoted that's all that matters, **** the development of the rest of the club that don't matter, neglect it like we did the last 5 years and we will find ourselves right back at the start again, which was the championship oops 🤔.

I forgot we are back at the start again, please when you do leave Robbie leave us with a team that can kick on after you leave. 

Thanks Bongo 👍

Jesus. But you're absolutely right. Neilson should be much more like Cathro, Levein and Stendel - no goals, no wins, ultimately relegation. The dick!

25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I don't disagree with you at all on the level of under performance and Robbie has to demonstrate he can deliver at a higher level this time around. Some of the football we have had to watch has been so poor so it's not a love-in from my side. I think Robbie has a lot of work to do to make us a Premiership ready side but I'm willing to give him the opportunity and stay off his case while he flushes out some of the issues he has inherited. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks Bongo 👍

Or being top of the league by a distance?  Basically the one objective for this season.  End of discussion really.  If only.

The Grim Reaper
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think this is the root of some folk's irrational dislike of our best manager since Sergio and JJ. They are channelling their dislike of Levein and probably Budge into dislike of Neilson. 

Can you please **** off with this bullshit. 

People are unhappy because the product on the pitch is shit and has been for years. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, The Grim Reaper said:

People are unhappy because the product on the pitch is shit and has been for years. 

Neilson hasn't been here for years though. And anyone who uses the word "product" has been watching too much EEEPEEELLL

Our players pass but don't move. Energy levels are poor. Time and time again. 

Players don't even play passes at a pace that allows them to move into position before the pass is completed.

When you see something  time and time again it is little wonder fans question the  direction of the team. Be more worrying if they didn't.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Our players pass but don't move. Energy levels are poor. Time and time again. 

Players don't even play passes at a pace that allows them to move into position before the pass is completed.

When you see something  time and time again it is little wonder fans question the  direction of the team. Be more worrying if they didn't.

Agreed. Doesn't the signing of McEnuff in particular and the playing of the more dynamic Halliday over Haring, suggest Neilson wants us to play with more energy though? So the direction is he wants what you and most of us want?

I see all these people slating Neilson for perceived negativity and saying he has no intent to attack. Just don't see it though. He might be having a hard time making his vision for how the team should play work perfectly and immediately and all the time, but to me there's no doubt he wants more energy, more incisiveness, more goal chances, etc.

Edited by ToqueJambo

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks Bongo 👍

I think we hope that of every manager we have. 

40 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

But I find his football very hard to watch and his selection policy equally disappointing. 

I didn’t want him back and nothing has changed since the summer to convince me otherwise. I was one of the few posters who voiced their displeasure when he did come back but I know I’m not alone now. 

Whilst it’s only snapshot of the overall support - my Hearts group chat has seen 4 from 5 wanting him gone. We are all long term - 40 years each supporting the famous. It’s not a great state of affairs tbh 

I can see the reasoning behind getting him back but it’s a shame that it’s yet another issue that’s split the support. He speaks well about wanting to play an attacking style so maybe just needs time to put that together. Time will tell I suppose but I’m finding watching us a bit frustrating just now. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Clear as day. 

Someone even cleverly merged their names together. 

Up there with the Potter and phoodle wit that some put forward. 

Football is a simple game and the fact neilson over complicates it is one reason I don't want him as manager.

He's more interested in what the opposition do than setting us up to win.

2 holding midfielders whilst playing at home is a terrible system and it doesn't help the team when trying to go forward.

Constantly having wingers drop deep and then having to take on by the time they have the ball 2 players means we then don't hit teams in the dangerous areas and so then Boyce comes deep cause he's not getting service.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Agreed. Doesn't the signing of McEnuff in particular and the playing of the more dynamic Halliday over Haring, suggest Neilson wants us to play with more energy though? So the direction is he wants what you and most of us want?

I see all these people slating Neilson for perceived negativity and saying he has no intent to attack. Just don't see it though. He might be having a hard time making his vision for how the team should play work perfectly and immediately and all the time, but to me there's no doubt he wants more energy, more incisiveness, more goal chances, etc.

Fair points. I think he, or at least the team, seem content to rely on fairly useless possession too much. It’s a sort of ‘our chances will come’ type of attitude but the chances will only come if the players take responsibility for making them. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

You just merged them yourself! 

Robbie hasn't been here for years, you can't blame him for years of poor "product". 

Calls the merging of CL, Budge and Robbie bull shit then goes on about the product being shit for years... 

download.png

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fair points. I think he, or at least the team, seem content to rely on fairly useless possession too much. It’s a sort of ‘our chances will come’ type of attitude but the chances will only come if the players take responsibility for making them. 

His whole philosophy is based on if the other team doesn't have possession they're less likely to score. And conversely the more possession you have the more chances you can create. To be honest it's a view most top managers these days seem to share. Scotland though is a notoriously hard place to play more patient football.

The problem this season has been the goals we've given away to teams on the counter attack, coupled with the chances we've missed. We've had no problem creating chance sin most games. So we're getting it half right just now in most cases and sometimes our strikers do the business but too often they don't. The defence on the other hand, even in games we've dominated, have given away soft goals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

His whole philosophy is based on if the other team doesn't have possession they're less likely to score. And conversely the more possession you have the more chances you can create.

The problem this season has been the goals we've given away to teams on the counter attack, coupled with the chances we've missed. We've had no problem creating chance sin most games. So we're getting it half right just now in most cases and sometimes our strikers do the business but too often they don't. The defence on the other hand, even in games we've dominated, have given away soft goals.

Pretty much how I've seen it. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clear as day. 

Someone even cleverly merged their names together. 

Up there with the Potter and phoodle wit that some put forward. 

What is this word ‘phoodle’... see it cropping up and haven’t got a clue! Doesn’t sound complimentary. 

57 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Don't think anyone hates Neilson the person, but you nailed it for a lot of people when saying " his football very hard to watch".

It is needlessly hard to watch imo.

Your not alone in having mates interest drop off. When winning that should be a worry.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

What is this word ‘phoodle’... see it cropping up and haven’t got a clue! Doesn’t sound complimentary. 

Some clever fans back in the day mergered a poodle and Robbie together. 

Some on this thread have referred to him has that, one poster who really likes Stendel even posted a picture. 

I don't know why, you'd need to ask the bed sheet,graffiti spraying, plane hiring types. 

The Grim Reaper
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You just merged them yourself! 

Robbie hasn't been here for years, you can't blame him for years of poor "product". 

Calls the merging of CL, Budge and Robbie bull shit then goes on about the product being shit for years... 

download.png

You’re just a troll, best ignored. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

His whole philosophy is based on if the other team doesn't have possession they're less likely to score. And conversely the more possession you have the more chances you can create. To be honest it's a view most top managers these days seem to share. Scotland though is a notoriously hard place to play more patient football.

I don’t think that is the problem but I agree poor defending and missed goals are an issue. We lack any urgency going forward and take far too long to get the ball from defensive areas into attacking positions. Part of that seems to be caused by players taking easy options rather than playing a more difficult forward pass, often allowing our opponents to be perfectly positioned to deal with our attack. The type of possession we often enjoy is pretty pointless and it’s been like that since before robbie and was most evident during CL’s later period. That is part of the reason that fans compare him to CL. It’s a safety first approach I’d say. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For me, it goes back to Peps Barcelona days!? Pass move, pass move, pass move.... and repeat. Which is fine if you’re Barcelona... and boring as feck to watch IMO. I get the thinking though, possession. 
Our problem is we don’t have the movement when we’re passing across the back, it’s a major bugbear for almost all of us on here. I think McEneff in CM will be a big player for us, as he has the engine and the will to ‘move’. 
Agree about all the chances we are getting (which is good and positive) but we need to start taking some of them. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some on this thread have referred to him has that, one poster who really likes Stendel even posted a picture. 

I don't know why, you'd need to ask the bed sheet,graffiti spraying, plane hiring types. 

:facepalm:
...not sure I’m any the wiser TBH. 

13 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

For me, it goes back to Peps Barcelona days!? Pass move, pass move, pass move.... and repeat. Which is fine if you’re Barcelona... and boring as feck to watch IMO. I get the thinking though, possession. 
Our problem is we don’t have the movement when we’re passing across the back, it’s a major bugbear for almost all of us on here. I think McEneff in CM will be a big player for us, as he has the engine and the will to ‘move’. 
Agree about all the chances we are getting (which is good and positive) but we need to start taking some of them. 

Be interesting to see how McEneff does. He'll look to.play

the way he has with Shamrock, you'think. Inventive, attacking movement.That will be his natural instinct. Though against Morton, apparently, his attacking instinct was curtailed a bit by playing deeper than he started. 

Passing about is only useful if it has a purpose. Teams are generally well coached to keep shape so the sideways passing only allows teams to practice what they do in training. We're doing them a favour!

Edited by Riccarton3

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Be interesting to see how McEneff does. He'll be playing the way he has with Shamrock. That will be his natural instinct. Though against Morton, apparently, his attacking instinct was curtailed a bit by playing deeper than he started. 

Passing about is only useful if it has a purpose. Teams are generally well coached to keep shape so the sideways passing g only allows teams to practice what they do in training. We're doing them a favour!

Yeah. I noticed this also... was hoping it was just a fitness thing. 1st game in how long etc etc... glad he lasted the 90 though. I know it’s early days(and I don’t want to put the kiss of death on things) but he strikes me as the type of player to build a team around. As others have said, I’d like to see what him and Haring would be like together. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

No,it's because we're seeing a re run of Leveinesque performances before our very own eyes. You really don't need huge levels of foresight to see what lies ahead,deja vu i'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

Or being top of the league by a distance?  Basically the one objective for this season.  End of discussion really.  If only.

Well if you see it like that yeah, 

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't try and make yourself out to be squeaky clean mate, you put a picture of Rocky balboa up when he shouts Adrian, saying it was me shouting his name, so i played your silly we game and done the Robbie thing 😉that's the truth. 

I don't hate Robbie hate is a strong word, I've stated my thoughts, I don't see him improving the club as a whole going forward 👍, you are just happy to have him because he's the closest thing to Levein hearts can possibly have, so it makes you

feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

You say you backed Stendel yet this is a contradiction within itself, when you openly came out with on this forum, Levein would of kept us up if he was in charge? How is that backing the guy in charge, you sit and try and compare a unknown German who was at the club, to Robbie and Levein two guys that played for our club, and knows what it means, but can't get the team doing the simple basics of football. 

And because they have an affiliation to our club, your prepared to make every excuse under the sun for them. 

Not a German manager though 🤔starting to think there is a bit of racial hate behind the Stendel thing tbh, certainly shows in a few posters, that are actively coming out and blame him for our demotion, yet don't applaud him for getting our team to a semi, but then applaud Robbie for getting to a final 🤔

Honestly don't start me mate, as far as football knowledge goes and the level I've coached / played at you couldn't lace my boots. 

And that shows with what you post on this forum, I hope the mods realise the snide we jibes you make on a regular basis, to get other posters respond to you. 

Robbie as a player won a scottish cup he got us promoted last time, both achievements i applaud him for 👍

As a player he was limited nothing special did his job. 

Let me spell it out for you one last time, I don't hate Robbie, do I expect better yes ☺, do I demand better yes, do you have any idea how much money the fans put into this club, how much kickback put into the club. 

Supporters on here and they can't even give the oap some sort of entertainment on the pitch, for all the money they have poured into the club year after year. 

Stop making excuse after excuse we deserve better. 

Show me the improvement within the team, just one player? Great chance to promote youth this season, with the teams we are coming up against bed them in get them ready for the premiership, instead Frear, Berra, Roberts, Kastaneer, Halliday, players that down the line are going to offer us going forward. 

What sort of culture is Robbie trying to create within the club?. 

Do you honestly think fans our going to hand over their hard earned to watch that?. 

This is the problem from top to bottom, the club as a whole are so void of what fans want/ expect. 

Our approach of having a defensive manager Levein, then changing to Stendel an attacking manager but doesn't get the backing to play his style, then back to a possession based manager Robbie. 

Who comes out with he wants to play an attacking style, yet plays two holding midfield players. 

And our striker is so isolated it's unbelievable. 

Once we go a goal down the answer throw on the big man, I wonder who Neilson learned that from 🤔

Honestly promotion was a given, look at the other teams in the league they aren't on our level, they shouldn't be expected to be on our level. 

Yet we make hard work of it at home and away matches this season. 

But i get called a Robbie hater for demanding better against Queen of the South away and Morton at home. 

If we can't beat these teams convincingly at home and away in the championship, how can you expect to beat teams like Hamilton Ross county etc.

Yet people say he needs more time but didn't afford our German that time, I don't even want him back it's obvious he upset the regime binning certain players and people. 

If you want to pay £600 for that on show every year, then be my guest we as fans deserve better. 

It's nothing but blatantly conning the fans, which has been the case the last 5 years.

Edited by Bongo 1874

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well if you see it like that yeah, 

Don't try and make yourself out to be squeaky clean mate, you put a picture of Rocky balboa up when shouts Adrian, saying it was me shouting his name, so i played your silly we game and done the Robbie thing 😉that's the truth. 

I don't hate Robbie hate is a strong word, I've stated my thoughts, I don't see him improving the club as a whole going forward 👍, you are just happy to have him because he's the closest thing to Levein hearts can possibly have, so it makes you

feel warm and fuzzy inside. 

You say you backed Stendel yet this is a contradiction within itself, when you openly came out with on this forum, Levein would of kept us up if he was in charge? How is that backing the guy in charge, you sit and try and compare a unknown German who was at the club, to Robbie and Levein two guys that played for our club, and knows what it means, but can't get the team doing the simple basics of football. 

And because they have an affiliation to our club, your prepared to make every excuse under the sun for them. 

Not a German manager though 🤔starting to think there is a bit of racial hate behind the Stendel thing tbh, certainly shows in a few posters, that are actively coming out and blame him for our demotion, yet don't applaud him for getting our team to a semi, but then applaud Robbie for getting to a final 🤔

Honestly don't start me mate, as far as football knowledge goes and the level I've coached / played at you couldn't lace my boots. 

And that shows with what you post on this forum, I hope the mods realise the snide we jibes you make on a regular basis, to get other posters respond to you. 

Robbie as a player won a scottish cup he got us promoted last time, both achievements i applaud him for 👍

As a player he was limited nothing special did his job. 

Let me spell it out for you one last time, I don't hate Robbie, do I expect better yes ☺, do I demand better yes, do you have any idea how much money the fans put into this club, how much kickback put into the club. 

Supporters on here and they can't even give the oap some sort of entertainment on the pitch, for all the money they have poured into the club year after year. 

Stop making excuse after excuse we deserve better. 

Show me the improvement within the team, just one player? Great chance to promote youth this season, with the teams we are coming up against bed them in get them ready for the premiership, instead Frear, Berra, Roberts, Kastaneer, Halliday, players that down the line are going to offer us going forward. 

What sort of culture is Robbie trying to create within the club?. 

Do you honestly think fans our going to hand over their hard earned to watch that?. 

This is the problem from top to bottom, the club as so void of what fans want/ expect. 

Our approach of having a defensive manager Levein, then changing to Stendel an attacking manager but doesn't get the backing to play his style, then back to a possession based manager Robbie. 

Who comes out with he wants to play an attacking style, yet plays two holding midfield players. 

And our striker is so isolated it's unbelievable. 

Once we go a goal down the answer throw on the big man, I wonder who Neilson learned that from 🤔

Honestly promotion was a given, look at the other teams in the league they aren't on our level, they shouldn't be expected to be on our level. 

Yet we make hard work of it at home and away matches this season. 

But i get called a Robbie hater for demanding better against Queen of the South away and Morton at home. 

If we can't beat these teams convincingly at home and away in the championship, how can you expect to beat teams like Hamilton Ross county etc.

Yet people say he needs more time but didn't afford our German that time, I don't even want him back it's obvious he upset the regime binning certain players and people. 

If you want to pay £600 for that on show every year, then be my guest we as fans deserve better. 

It's nothing but blatantly conning the fans, which has been the case the last 5 years.

Great Post mate, pretty much sums up where I'm at. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Robbie poll February 2021 (not the latest poll)